PVE Unstable ISO-8

Options
jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Monday, 22 June, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on June 23

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_professorx.png (essential) icon_carnage.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_wolverine.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_beast.png (essential) icon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_thor.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_caroldanvers.png (essential) icon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackwidow.png

star.png
icon_juggernaut.pngicon_venom.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
1300: healthpack.png
1800: rainbow AP stockpile
2400: 250 iso8.png
3100: icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png
4000: 250 iso8.png
4900: cardpack.png (event)
5900: 250 iso8.png
7000: icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png
8200: 500 iso8.png
9500: 50 imcoin.png
10800: 1000 iso8.png
12100: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
13500: 500 iso8.png
15000: icon_beast.pngyellowflag.png

Placement rewards:
1: icon_carnage.pngblacktile.png + rewards for 2-5
2-5: icon_carnage.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
6-10: icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-50: icon_carnage.pngredflag.png , 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png , 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
201-400: icon_hawkeye.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png,
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_carnage.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8.png

This is the first time this event has been run since the move to the 7/4/3 PVE duration cycle. Historically, it has been run on a single map with crazy, crazy community scaling.

Edit: I got to play a partial clear on the Arctic Circle sub and have been so busy that I haven't been able to touch anything thereafter. I'm told that the second sub is 48 hours; no idea what it's called.

I'm traveling Saturday and Sunday, so I may not be able to keep this seriously updated until after the fact.

Edit: Fixed goof in rewards showing Patch being awarded for 151-200 instead of Hawkeye.

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wonder how the event will run. Jugs heroic had a makeover. Hopefully there will be subs instead of the 'unpredictable' rotation of nodes.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Wonder how the event will run. Jugs heroic had a makeover. Hopefully there will be subs instead of the 'unpredictable' rotation of nodes.

Based on comments made by (Casey? Miles?) when the new PVE format was announced, I anticipate a makeover.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So no one is commenting on the fact that Carnage is being rewarded as placement rewards for the second time? And red for top 50 and top 100 alliance!
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    So no one is commenting on the fact that Carnage is being rewarded as placement rewards for the second time? And red for top 50 and top 100 alliance!

Didn't Kabir mention that Carnage rewards will be repeated? I thought he did. It was in response to the crash issues they had with mobile users.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Two competable PvEs back to back? Wild.

Also the intriguing set-up of CK covers over Patch yellowflag.png ; this results in an optimal placement being Top 5 OR Top 150( acquiring final yellowflag.png cover).

Maybe a low-stress week in MPQLandia? Bizarre....

Note: Yes, OP/mods, icon_wolverine.png is for Top 150, not Top 200.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Two competable PvEs back to back? Wild.

Also the intriguing set-up of CK covers over Patch yellowflag.png ; this results in an optimal placement being Top 5 OR Top 150( acquiring final yellowflag.png cover).

Maybe a low-stress week in MPQLandia? Bizarre....

Note: Yes, OP/mods, icon_wolverine.png is for Top 150, not Top 200.

Thanks for the catch. I'll get it fixed if somebody in the event maintainer group doesn't beat me to it.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had the thought last night, that I'd like to be able to 'opt out' of 4* events. Let me play the event, but put me in a bracket for 3* prizes only, and maybe 1/2 the normal HP prizes.

4* chasers push the scores up in the T100 range which sometimes puts the 3* 'consolation prize' out of reach of those of us who don't give a damn about the 4* chase.

Oh well at least it's a short one. I would like that Patch though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I initially was not planning on playing this even but then I saw yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png Patch for Top 150. This will be his fifth yellow and final cover! Now I have to play but it sucks that I do not have Professor X, shouldn't be too bad though.

What I am surprised about is that they should of turned off Community Scaling for this event. Then the devs would really be able to compare the scaling with Iso8 Brotherhood that also rewarded Carnage. I doubt many players played last event to win Beast.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yah, my Patch is at 4/4/3.. would not mind that yellow cover at all.. but will play for a carnage cover anyway lol.

this is a no lose scenario!
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Was the last time this event ran really all the way back in October to win 2* Ms. Marvel? Maybe I am not seeing a recent time this event ran. I cannot remember the last time I played this event.

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=17869
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    great. now they put the most elusive *** cover out there for t150 of the 4* re-run. dang. now that I got carnage from the pvp, my patch sure could use a yellow, sitting at 1/4/1. only reason I have a green and a yellow is because of ddq (I know for sure the yellow, can't remember on the green). if they are using this event to compare to the last one, they don't have a good handle on the controls. beast over 7 days vs. carnage/patch over a few - apples and oranges.

decisions...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have no interest in going for Carnage at the moment. Although if I place high enough I'll earn the HP to buy a slot for him. What I really need is his fifth Yellow cover to finish Patch. I'm thinking its going to be much harder to get anything out of this event with everyone pushing hard for Carnage/YellowPatch.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    from these posts, this may be the oddest PVE ever.. people SLACKING the last hours to make sure they aren't in the T50 lol.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    I initially was not planning on playing this even but then I saw yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png Patch for Top 150. This will be his fifth yellow and final cover! Now I have to play but it sucks that I do not have Professor X, shouldn't be too bad though.

What I am surprised about is that they should of turned off Community Scaling for this event. Then the devs would really be able to compare the scaling with Iso8 Brotherhood that also rewarded Carnage. I doubt many players played last event to win Beast.

The other event that has been announced as "no community scaling" (in the same post as announced the last one) is the Heroic: Oscorp event that begins on Monday. They want to compare effects for limited roster vs. no limited roster.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Kyuun wrote:
    I have no interest in going for Carnage at the moment. Although if I place high enough I'll earn the HP to buy a slot for him. What I really need is his fifth Yellow cover to finish Patch. I'm thinking its going to be much harder to get anything out of this event with everyone pushing hard for Carnage/YellowPatch.

I ran into this issue with the last Carnage release, I wanted my 5th blue CMAG and now this is for my 5th Yellow Wolverine. I can't complain, it's better than DD or Mohawk like the previous 4* releases. I am sure the next 4* release will have black BP for T150.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Kyuun wrote:

I ran into this issue with the last Carnage release, I wanted my 5th blue CMAG and now this is for my 5th Yellow Wolverine. I can't complain, it's better than DD or Mohawk like the previous 4* releases. I am sure the next 4* release will have black BP for T150.

Next 4* release will be an ultron type event
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Kyuun wrote:

Okay then the next time a 4* is released in a standard PVE lol

Any idea who the next 4* will be for Ultron? Ant-Man?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Kyuun wrote:

Okay then the next time a 4* is released in a standard PVE lol

Any idea who the next 4* will be for Ultron? Ant-Man?

head to the speculation thread for info.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Least there being consistent. Two carnage events in as many weeks where the consolation 3* are arguably better than the 4*

That is, unless you are in hurry to get rid of all your heathpacks or something and then you can just team him up with sentry and ragnorok and your sorted.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, can any of the early players confirm if this event has subs now?