Just prompted in-game to take a MPQ Survey

124»

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Voted yes for autoplay. Voted keep the same for being able to purchase a specific cover, not because I ever do that, but because there's no indication what the alternative would be. I'm betting I'm not the only one who did that, so I'm hoping the Devs take note. That said, if the alternate is just overpriced tokens and luck, then no, thanks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    People, if you think the game requires way too much of your time to get any rewards at all (past the first 60 days), then don't give it a 6 or 7 for recommendation, give it a 1.

I play this game, and I play it way too much - but I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy because the time commitment is at the level of a full-time job without any weekends off.

If you want this to be less time intensive, speak up loud and clear. Give it a 1 or 2 for the recommendation. Put your reasons into the box.
    Let your voice be heard.
    Nobody looks at comments for higher than average scores. Most look at comments for way below average scores.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    i was hoping for questions about
    - slot pricing
    - bracket composition
    - strength of 4 stars compared to 3 stars
    - ISO gain

but i guess that's just me
  • Probably been mentioned but I took the survey, so don't need it popping up each time I go into the game now. Thanks.
  • firethorne wrote:
    Yep, I got it too. I don't know what they're after. To me, it seemed some of the selections may miss the real problem. .

Yea the survey seemed to be a missed opportunity to actually get to the root of the problems and issues people face... However I will give them that at least they are trying to get feedback... survey does feel like a half bothered attempt because its so short and doesn't really get to anything or allow much more detailed feedback!

Seems like they got some sort of publicity guy working for them.. the name change and the survey! Maybe all a publicity stunt, who knows, but I'll give them the benefit of doubt for now.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I've been advocating for the removal of specific cover purchases ever since the Ragnarok nerf. Ironically, I use cover purchases a lot now that I've essentially beaten the 3* game. But my experience on this Forum has made me very unhappy with the (unintended?) consequences of this system. I think we'd have a happier community if they were removed.

Unlike most of the previous comments on this matter, I'm not concerned about the P2W aspect at all. Instead I've always been concerned about the appearance of "bait-and-switch" and player dissatisfaction with needed game balance changes. The biggest problem with cover purchases for the MPQ Devs and it's community of players is simple: the most popular cover purchases are certainly the most likely to be changed in the near future.

I couldn't care less that my Token-pull X-Force was "nerfed," but I would probably be irate if my $100 IAP purchase was "devalued" in any way. Such huge differences of opinion in reaction to game chances have been a major source of player vs. player and player vs. Dev conflict for over a year now. Cover purchases should go.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many times can we take it? Screen still coming up...
  • Malcrof wrote:
    How many times can we take it? Screen still coming up...

So funny! About the 50th time the pop-up, well, popped up, I was saying to myself, "Yes, I KNOW, survey! Already took it!"

You'd think it would register the click-through?

DBC
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see the survey as a general survey asking about what we feel is wrong with the game... that seems to be what this forum is all about. They have that.

It seemed to be very specific questions they wanted answers to that involve changes they are currently contemplating. They want the answer from the average player, not the small percentage on the forums.

Did you have a hard time finding people to play Ultron with? Geared at people not in Alliances, to try and find out if they should do another locked down alliance only event, and if so, do they need to tweak their alliance search process? Maybe implement an automatic alliance forming system kind of like brackets, for those that want to just jump right in and play.

Quick Match, people say the AI cheats, so if you could have the AI cheat for YOU... would you do it? It'll stop people from whining that the ai pulled stuff out of it's buttocks, when it then will do it for you too. I personally said Never. Having the AI play for me is no different than flipping a coin that says win/lose... except I'm stuck with the AI's dumb choices and health damage. I play a match 3 game... so I can make my matches and strategize.

Buy covers. Again, like someone earlier mentioned, it helps to ease the liability of nerfing characters if the player does not have the direct $$ to the covering of a character that is nerfed, and increases the purpose of the game which is collecting covers. I said it doesn't matter to me either way. I don't buy covers, but I don't care if other people do... until they piss and moan (which they have every right to do) when the character is changed.
  • Amateur opinion here:

The reason for the questions about the cover purchases is to avoid having to refund in the future for any other balance changes. It puts a huge extra burden on customer service and no telling how much they have in those costs. It'd also address "Pay 2 Win" balance concerns, but in my mind, I don't mind P2W being an option when the game itself is completely and indefinitely free, unless you choose to pay. Sure, they make choosing not to somewhat difficult at times, but they are a business and they have to have revenue come in.

I still voted that I havent used the feature, but don't care if it continues or not.

Autoplay of games baffles me. I play games for entertaining myself. Hitting a button and getting a "you win/lose" message would defeat why I play in the first place.

I did join an alliance because of the Ultron event, with some friends, but I also had just started the game as well, and did it for team up reasons.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted to remove the cover purchase option, hypocritically as i am tempted right now to purchase my 1st cover for someone.. Whales will be Whales, but they will have to rely on tokens and luck instead of picking exactly what they want.

This is how almost ALL MMO's work...

If you join a raid, and take down a big mob.. the drops are random.. yes it took you an hour or more, yes it took an alliance (guild) to bring it down.. but it does not always drop what everyone wants..

If any of you elders out there remember taking down the Avatar of War and praying for a Blade of Carnage because you have been hoarding DKP to dual wield them for tanking.. just for it to drop 2 flayed and a helm of zek.. and now it's 3am, you work in 4 hours, you get nothing out of the mess and they want to go clear Sleepers Tomb but you are done....

ok, lost where i was going... but being able to get exactly what you want, whenever you want it, takes quite a bit of fun and excitement out of the game..
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Nobody looks at comments for higher than average scores. Most look at comments for way below average scores.

Not so sure about this. On Amazon, and other sites, I ignore the 1 ratings and read those who gave it a 2 or 3. I dont want to hear from those who are trashing the product: I want someone who can see that there was some benefit, and describes why it didnt live up to being a good product.

HERE is a good example of a review. Read and enjoy.