Just prompted in-game to take a MPQ Survey

mrflopwelligan
mrflopwelligan Posts: 125
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else get this?

It asked me to answer 6 short questions about MPQ. One was about if I had played the Age of Ultron event, something about if they instituted the ability to have a Quick match and have it auto play for me.

But, interestingly, it asked me if I had ever used HP to buy covers to power up characters, it then asked me how I'd feel if they removed that feature.

The last question was if I'd recommend MPQ to others.

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I'd imagine this will be popping up on everybody, I did it
    w7zk3d.jpg
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Yep, I got it too. I don't know what they're after. To me, it seemed some of the selections may miss the real problem. Did I have an alliance for Ultron? Sure. Were we able to finish? Not even close. Did people who started the event with me slowly give up? Yep.

For buying powers, I rarely do. But, the options are remove it or leave it unchanged? What about price reduction? What about buying the first for a color you don't have? Those might make me use it more often.
  • I took the survey too. Definitely not in favor of removing my ability to purchase a specific Cover with HP.

marc
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone post a link to it? I'd rather do it on my computer than my tablet.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    The only way I could see the auto-play feature being usable would be on the trivial goon nodes at the start of each PvE sub-event or the bots at the start of the PvPs. Aside from that, trusting the fate of your characters to auto-play is pants-on-head level crazy... unless the AI gives great cascades to BOTH sides.
  • I did it as well! The questions seem so good to be true ,and if it does happen then I'd be scared for what the consequences will be. Like take for instance the two questions relating if you buy covers and if you would like to get rid of it. While I buy covers for top heroes, I voted to get rid of the system just so that I could stop spending on them.icon_lol.gif However, the consequences I see is if they get rid of the current option to buy covers is it might be more difficult to make optimal builds for some heroes or it will take longer to do so even with DDQ in place.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    The survey confused me. If everything they do is a money grab(according to many on the forum), why remove what might be one of their biggest moneymakers? Also, the auto play feature? That's beyond stupid. Why play a game if you're not going to PLAY the game?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    d0nk3y wrote:
    Aside from that, trusting the fate of your characters to auto-play is pants-on-head level crazy...
    Not necessarily. Let's say you're hopping. If you play manually, let's say there's 95% chance you'll win your matches, but a 20% chance of getting sniped. If you autoplay, maybe there's only a 90% chance of winning your matches, but a 0% chance of getting sniped.

Depending upon how often you typically get sniped, and how often people would win via autoplay, it's possible you'd be better off in the long run using the autoplay.
  • d0nk3y
    Stony wrote:
    The survey confused me. If everything they do is a money grab(according to many on the forum), why remove what might be one of their biggest moneymakers? Also, the auto play feature? That's beyond stupid. Why play a game if you're not going to PLAY the game?

I've used the cover buy maybe a dozen times in my 500 days of gameplay, but I can see removing that feature as a way to level the playing field. No more hyper-powered Hulkbusters or Carnages two days after the event ends - from a play perspective, that'd be a nice change. The top 1% continue to accelerate away from the rest of the group simply because of their willingness to throw stacks of cash at the game. It'd be nice if they had to earn their power like the rest of us plebs.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not if the autoplayed matches still happen in real time.

Also, I voted to keep cover-buying as it is now because it's the only way you can actually guide your characters' development without depending on RNG to give you a cover that happens to be one you wanted. I'd only support ditching it if they introduced a new way to win/purchase a "cover of your choice" item. Otherwise my Hood would still be stuck at 5/3/5 almost a year after I got him.
  • d0nk3y
    simonsez wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:
    Aside from that, trusting the fate of your characters to auto-play is pants-on-head level crazy...
    Not necessarily. Let's say you're hopping. If you play manually, let's say there's 95% chance you'll win your matches, but a 20% chance of getting sniped. If you autoplay, maybe there's only a 90% chance of winning your matches, but a 0% chance of getting sniped.

Depending upon how often you typically get sniped, and how often people would win via autoplay, it's possible you'd be better off in the long run using the autoplay.

Fortunately, I'm not high enough in the rankings to worry about sniping - I'm still a PvE player for a number of reasons. So your thought is unshield, auto-fight three targets, collect whatever you get and re-shield - essentially an instant shield-hop? Sounds like that would work out nicely as long as RNGesus is smiling on you.
  • d0nk3y wrote:
    Stony wrote:

It'd be nice if they had to earn their power like the rest of us plebs.

Please remember that you have to earn those 1st 3 covers to be able to whale out a new character. Winning all 3 covers from a PVE event certainly counts as "earning" something in my book.

What a player does after that is their business. If someone wants to gain that advantage by spending $ to max out their characters, i think that they should have that right.

marc
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took the survey, the autoplay feature would be nice for those of us with jobs, i can just sit my phone next to me, click a PVE match and auto play it. I know the AI sucks, but goon matches at least should work.
  • firethorne wrote:
    Yep, I got it too. I don't know what they're after. To me, it seemed some of the selections may miss the real problem. Did I have an alliance for Ultron? Sure. Were we ankle to finish? Not even close. Did people who started the event with me slowly give up? Yep.

Interesting, you got different questions than I did. I wasn't asked those questions.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the question about having an alliance for Ultron but none of the follow-up. It went from that straight to the autoplay idea.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    We all got the same questions.

1. Were you able to find players to play the Avengers vs Ultron events with?
      A. I didn't play the Avengers vs. Ultron events. B. Yes. C. No.
    2. If we implemented a "Quick Match" feature that auto-plays matches for you, how often would you use that feature?
    (On a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is Never, 3 is Once in a while, and 5 is Daily)

3. Do you purchase direct power upgrades for your characters (spending Hero Points to buy a specific cover)? For example, have you spent 1,250 Hero Points to purchase a single cover for Black Panther's Rage of the Panther ability?
      A. I don't know what that means. B. No, I don't spend Hero Points on direct power upgrades. C. Yes, I spend Hero Points direct power upgrades.

4. If you could no longer purchase direct power upgrades for you characters, how would you feel?
      A. I don't care either way. B. I want the system to remain as it is. C. I would be in favor of removing that system

5. How likely are you to recommend Marvel Puzzle Quest to a friend?
    (On a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is Not likely at all, 5 is Neutral, and 10 is Extremely Likely)

6. (Optional) Why would you rate it a (Answer from Q5)?
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Do not get the autoplay option at all. It is bad enough allready seeing the based on your performance you were defeated message when the CPU played the match.

Would actually like to see the option of real PvP. Heaps of other games can pull it off. Even window's with chess etc.

Anyway at least their asking questions of the player base which is positive.
  • simonsez wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:

I think your math is a little off. Unless you are hopping on seed teams (or equivalent), the odds of winning autoplay are likely much closer to 50/50.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    papa07 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    d0nk3y wrote:

I think your math is a little off. Unless you are hopping on seed teams (or equivalent), the odds of winning autoplay are likely much closer to 50/50.

Youre forgetting boosts/TUs....as long as you can set those pre-match. And if you select the teams you match up against the odds, even without boosts, would be much higher.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    papa07 wrote:
    That wasn't math, it was a hypothetical assumption. And your assumption of 50/50 is way off too, considering that you go first, you can boost, and you can choose favorable matchups.

Also remember that the AI we face is INTENTIONALLY DUMBED DOWN. If quickplay is actually implemented, there's absolutely nothing that would stop them from taking the throttle off the AI when it's making moves on YOUR behalf.