Suggestions for the Mobile User Interface (IMG)

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    This interface is pretty solid. I would definitely use it.

Have we already started a betting pool for what they might give him if they adopt any portions of his design? My bet ~100ISO.

Great design. Very well thought out.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    This interface is pretty solid. I would definitely use it.

Have we already started a betting pool for what they might give him if they adopt any portions of his design? My bet ~100ISO.

Great design. Very well thought out.

20 ISO
  • I posted this in the facebook group, and directed people here. So expect more upvotes. Someone even said that made an account just to upvote here after I kindly DEMANDED them to come and upvote.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    That is totally amazing. If you aren't already in UI or game design you should be! Only suggestion I have is some way to clearly indicate % health levels since several powers depend on that.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantastic job shatland. The only things I would think about changing:
    Top-most bar: Make the strike/attack icons face to the right for the player's strike/attack tiles (as they are in the in-game tiles), and make the opponent's strike/attack tiles face to the left (also as they are in the in-game tiles). I'd also suggest changing the color of the little icon to a red hue for both of those, to indicate "damage/danger".
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    100+ Upvotes. Take Notes Boys.
  • Puertorico
    Puertorico Posts: 50
    Outstanding and pure genius. Listen and look here devs, the PEOPLE know what's best for the PEOPLE. Now
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hot damn, that is a nice UI! I can't upvote (stupid work!) but I can sure make myself heard here. Implementing even just one of the many good ideas in Shatland's image would make a considerable improvement of the game's playability. Hats off!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is so damn good. I'm still playing on a lowly iPhone 4S, so it might be a bit crowded on that size screen, but I honestly would rather that than the current UI.

Kudos!
  • Good work I would like better 'node information' for mobile as well(how many nodes are there in this subevent? Are they on cooldown?
  • x_new_yorka
    x_new_yorka Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Really nice job. That screen looks simple & straightforward. Congratulations!
    And can we make the purple, i don't know...more purple???
  • Really nice job. That screen looks simple & straightforward. Congratulations!
    And can we make the purple, i don't know...more purple???
    but if we make it purple, then people can't call it pink. Do u want the forums to get even more out of control? icon_cool.gif
  • This is such a good design; much better than the one we currently have. Let's hope this is an inspiration to the devs.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I posted this in the facebook group, and directed people here. So expect more upvotes. Someone even said that made an account just to upvote here after I kindly DEMANDED them to come and upvote.

I did the same with my alliance. Everyone needs to come on here to upvote.

With all the characters that create special tiles n use the "Strongest color" abilities, this is so helpful. I love being able to see how strong my total tiles r vs the CPU's. Plus we need to be able to see both sides AP at all times in a clear matter.

Its silly the devs haven't thought of a nice layout such as this by now.
  • This is a fantastic idea - GREAT design that effectively uses the space - I agree with the previous comments about relocating the pause button to mirror the cycle button and also making the strike and attack tile icons facing the team that they will be against.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Next July Q&A - ask them about redesign thoughts of their UI!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    100+ Upvotes. Take Notes Boys.

128 and counting. Wonder what the record is.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    ngoni wrote:
    That is totally amazing. If you aren't already in UI or game design you should be! Only suggestion I have is some way to clearly indicate % health levels since several powers depend on that.

I agree with this statement. Both the amazing part and the part about indicating % health left (stupid Ares Rampage, Squirrel Girl, etc... powers and math).
  • Very clear concept, but hard to do on the 3:2 aspect ratio of the iPhone 4/4S and older Android phones. I guess that's ultimately the limiting factor and why the current design is the way it is.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alastayr wrote:
    Very clear concept, but hard to do on the 3:2 aspect ratio of the iPhone 4/4S and older Android phones. I guess that's ultimately the limiting factor and why the current design is the way it is.
    During the crash bug, I tried playing a bit on an iPhone4. The top of the screen was cut off, and the game ran unacceptably slowly (and there was a popup warning you that the device didn't meet the minimum system requirements). In other words, the're not really supporting the iPhone4 as it is, so that shouldn't be a consideration in implementing these improvements.