Suggestions for the Mobile User Interface (IMG)

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    You get an upvote, and I'll make sure a link to this thread gets to the right people. No idea if it will result in anything specific, but yeah. icon_lol.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great job. The only thing I don't like is the "cycling" button. Maybe since side-scrolling would be eliminated, make it so swiping right-left cycles enemies?
  • Dear God, this is your first thread? icon_eek.gif

I think mine was something like, "Honestly guys, does my roster stink?" icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Absolutely brilliant work. If there is any justice in the world, D3 hires you, or at least implements the changes and compensates you as a freelance artist/consultant. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • shatland
    shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    my word!

thank you all for the kind words and support. i'm truly flattered by some of the responses. some very good, interesting ideas as well.

personally, i like the idea of reintroducing the swipe left and right, but have it "snap" back to center. the info could be the enemy power bar suggestion or really anything else, perhaps any info i included that wouldn't fit on other screen ratios. i also did not notice that the icons for special tiles "point" in the direction of the enemy or you, depending on who's they are until xellessanova pointed it out. nice catch! i would love to do a tablet version as well, but seeing as how this one took me a while to do (doing it inbetween everything else i do) not sure when i'll get around to it. also, not having access to a tablet won't give me the screen caps i need. i have always wanted to try to lay out a landscape mode for phone and tablet as well, but that's a HUGE undertaking, strictly photoshop-wise. wish i had access to all of their assets icon_lol.gif

also, i must confess (and should have made this clear from the start), most of these ideas are not mine, but they were found hidden in the suggestions thread. i just figured if people could visually see these ideas presented, rather than just typed, it may expedite the process a little (if any). and this is just my take on it, there are a thousand other (probably better) ways to layout all of this information. if anyone else with PS skills would like to take a stab, i could upload the PSD file to a dropbox if anyone is at all interested (it would save y'all some time, not having to stitch together the characters) - just say the word!

again, thank you all so much for the positive responses and encouragement. let's keep those ideas rolling!

ps - this was way louder than i expected - thank you
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Everyone is loving this and I can't see the image! all it says is "Image"
    Any suggestions? Im on chrome
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Boommike wrote:
    Everyone is loving this and I can't see the image! all it says is "Image"
    Any suggestions? Im on chrome

Opened on my phone...

and wow. It's glorious!!
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is exactly the sort of update this game needs. I just posted a thread about how the new AP interface is much worse than before, and low and behold someone's already proven just how nice it could be if they actually did it right. Hooray for interface design!
  • I really like the OP's design, as I suggested a couple of those changes myself. Just my two cents on a different approach:

Use one icon only for both AP and special tiles. Something like this

05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09 - 04 - 05 - - - 120 - 34 - 56
    yellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png - purpletile.pnggreentile.png - blacktile.pngtutile.png - - - strike.png - attack.png - protect.png

Then you make something in the background or the the sides to say which is the player and which is the AI totals.

The spacing is terrible because I'm on phone, but you get the idea.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Great job op, and it doesn't matter where ideas came from, you made great job composing them together! I really hope devs implement them.
  • Just wanted to commend you on this presentation. Not that the devs will do anything with it. Too busy pumping out new characters we don't want.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I really like the OP's design, as I suggested a couple of those changes myself. Just my two cents on a different approach:

yellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png - purpletile.pnggreentile.png - blacktile.pngtutile.png - - - strike.png - attack.png - protect.png

Then you make something in the background or the the sides to say which is the player and which is the AI totals.

Hmm this is interesting. It could be vertical and go in the middle of both teams facing each other.
  • I have lurked this forum for months, and considered joining many times just to post a random comment, but never made the effort.

But I joined today just to say how awesome this is. I sincerely hope that this suggestion is taken to the very top, and implemented. Incorporating a collection of suggestions and making them all work looks fantastic, and will make the game must more intuitive and enjoyable to play.

As soon as I figure out how to upvote, I'll be tossing one on the pile.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Sticky this.

You could also have AP numbers float up to the enemy's AP totals and increment them from goons the way damage does to address that issue.
  • YES YES YES
  • Maestro145
    Maestro145 Posts: 58
    Very- very nice!!!

Only one edition is a dynamic bar or something that shows ap gains after matches/cascades and stealing abilities!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is extremely awesome.

I hope the powers that be take notice.
  • I'd pay HP for an update like this!

(Edit: for the record I think paying HP for such a thing is a terrible concept)
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    OMG Yes! There is so much win in this thread. If this is at all possible without a major recoding please look into making as many of these changes as possible. This would take away so much of the frustration players currently face!
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I really like the OP's design, as I suggested a couple of those changes myself. Just my two cents on a different approach:

Hmm this is interesting. It could be vertical and go in the middle of both teams facing each other.
    I don't think there's enough space to use this vertically, the numbers would be kinda small.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did get a reply saying that the image had actually been passed around before I had even PMed him. Here's to hoping for some positive impact!