**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Not sure if it was a serious post, but someone said that got him off a standart. Ive got a 4* off a standart token before, but would this mean that hes alredy on 10-packs, so no need to wait next season or something like this to open and grab a Carnage cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Not sure if it was a serious post, but someone said that got him off a standart. Ive got a 4* off a standart token before, but would this mean that hes alredy on 10-packs, so no need to wait next season or something like this to open and grab a Carnage cover.
    hes not even in heroics yet i dont believe it
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Don't know that it's worth the time to fix on your blog post, but Carnage didn't debut in 1963 icon_razz.gif

There are multiple volumes of "Amazing Spider-Man" so they put in the (1963) to make it clear that it's the original. Kind of confusing, I agree.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That makes sense. And is another example of why the constant "REBOOT AT #1" trend of late is infuriating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Say it after you use it. Before released, do not judge it. Always its gonna be lawer powerful than you thought before. If you have ever had WXF(before nerfed), can not say the carnage is overpowered. Looks like so silly. I bet you guys who sayin nerf!!!, just handle only 2* or 3*. Do not judge easily. Nobody can get 4* without tons of effforts. Just sayin nerf them means laugh at the people who put their true efforts guys.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MFU wrote:
    Say it after you use it. Before released, do not judge it. Always its gonna be lawer powerful than you thought before. If you have ever had WXF(before nerfed), can not say the carnage is overpowered. Looks like so silly. I bet you guys who sayin nerf!!!, just handle only 2* or 3*. Do not judge easily. Nobody can get 4* without tons of effforts. Just sayin nerf them means laugh at the people who put their true efforts guys.
    I judge easily because otherwise D3 will release Iron Fist 1.0s.

So thanks but no thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MFU wrote:
    I think this post gave me a stroke
  • Unknown
    Options
    With the release of IMHB and Carnage, I can't help but think the XThor nerfs weren't because they were overpowered, but because they were strong and established, blocking out other 4*'s from moving into players' rotation. Yep, I'm jumping on the tinfoil bandwagon fully knowing there are multiple reasons for each decision. I know Scythes is Carnage's best move and Repulsor Punch is HB's second best ability to Overdrive, but it still feels wrong that Scythes is that much more powerful, even in a 1 on 1 battle.

In a fight between Carnage and Hulkbuster, who would win?
  • Unknown
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    With the release of IMHB and Carnage, I can't help but think the XThor nerfs weren't because they were overpowered, but because they were strong and established, blocking out other 4*'s from moving into players' rotation. Yep, I'm jumping on the tinfoil bandwagon fully knowing there are multiple reasons for each decision. I know Scythes is Carnage's best move and Repulsor Punch is HB's second best ability to Overdrive, but it still feels wrong that Scythes is that much more powerful, even in a 1 on 1 battle.

In offense, doing X to self and X to enemy is generally less valuable than doing nothing at all. In defense, it is reversed. Scythes is too powerful on defense but I think it's fairly balanced for offense, though that still makes it a problematic skill overall. Part of this is because in most cases, the defensive starts with an overwhelming advantage in health. After all, they always have 100% of their health, and at best the offense has as much health as the defense. Usually it's a lot less given the much longer matches that accumulates a ton of damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daibar wrote:

i mean it doesn't make sense....they refer to sentry PVP as a good thing....

They get rid of winfinite/magstorm to only create another magstorm(Iron Fist + Black panther/black user) and winfinite(Charles/Pietro/Danny)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:

i mean it doesn't make sense....they refer to sentry PVP as a good thing....

They get rid of winfinite/magstorm to only create another magstorm(Iron Fist + Black panther/black user) and winfinite(Charles/Pietro/Danny)
    I am looking for the winfinite with the new bullseye. Selectively destroying 5 tiles has to be good for some infinite combo
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:

Hulkbuster is better in almost every situation. Hulkbuster has a better chance of winning on defense but Carnage guarantees the opponent will take damage. He also slows the matches down slightly by adding another animation after every ability.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Hulkbuster is better in almost every situation. Hulkbuster has a better chance of winning on defense but Carnage guarantees the opponent will take damage. He also slows the matches down slightly by adding another animation after every ability.
    I'll still gladly face carnage over IF HB in literally any scenario.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    No matter how you try to justify it, you can't make a character that attacks his own teammates look like a good gameplay mechanic. Sentry was bad enough: Now we have to deal with him? I'll get him because he's a required character, I love his art, and like the article said, he can be used if you pair him with Patch and Daken, two true healers. But he's useless besides that. I see him not being used very much.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I read the full series of maximum carnage and it was awesome! Thanks for introducing MU to me, I have already subscribed to it!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Okay, finally got my analysis video up.

https://youtu.be/P2I1qAitelY

I didn't discuss teammates for Carnage as much due to the video already being so long. I will post some more videos later of actual matches.
    FYI, in my sandboxed game, I probably spent 1.6million HP buying cover packs before getting a red carnage. Took me over 2 hours to open all those packs.

After using Carnage, I am not AS concerned about him being OP as upon first seeing his stats, but he is definitely OP for people that will buy health packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    he is definitely OP for people that will buy health packs.
    Which HB IF already is
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    he is definitely OP for people that will buy health packs.
    Which HB IF already is

Correction. ANY strong team combi will be OP with infinite health packs.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage / Patch / Daken is probably the fastest way to clear easy nodes but other than that I can't think of a single situation where he excels over other characters. Every battle I bring him into my team ends up under 50% life and its not really any faster than if I brought a different team of my choosing.

Strike tiles are his best friend so Hulkbuster is probably his best teammate (though I would never use them together since I could form a much better team around HB), Blade seems decent but he can only take a few reds before he ends up dead. Daken isn't bad but you're only covering 3 colors (with BP being the only one who can active the other 3), Sentry is in a similar boat with Mystique or Doom to cover the rest. He simply isn't fun to play and is only there to annoy other players in PvP or to make a node where you take a buttload of damage in PvE (every time a goon makes a CD tile his passive procs)

3* Storm Carnage Doc Oc resulted in a 11k damage Carnage green but I barely won (Storm / Carnage dead, Doc Oc under 15% life).
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Carnage / Patch / Daken is probably the fastest way to clear easy nodes but other than that I can't think of a single situation where he excels over other characters. Every battle I bring him into my team ends up under 50% life and its not really any faster than if I brought a different team of my choosing.

Strike tiles are his best friend so Hulkbuster is probably his best teammate (though I would never use them together since I could form a much better team around HB), Blade seems decent but he can only take a few reds before he ends up dead. Daken isn't bad but you're only covering 3 colors (with BP being the only one who can active the other 3), Sentry is in a similar boat with Mystique or Doom to cover the rest. He simply isn't fun to play and is only there to annoy other players in PvP or to make a node where you take a buttload of damage in PvE (every time a goon makes a CD tile his passive procs)

3* Storm Carnage Doc Oc resulted in a 11k damage Carnage green but I barely won (Storm / Carnage dead, Doc Oc under 15% life).
    patch and daken are so tiny now, though. I only throw zerker rage around when i have groot tanking.

I don't know, Carnage just feels so wasteful. I feel like I'll be cringing a lot every time I use him.