Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in a low point where my DDQ 2* dream team (Storm, Magneto, Hawkeye) is leveled such that Storm is tanking almost everything. : ( She ends up so battered from Third Time's the Charm that I have to fall back to another team for Under the Sea and it's hit or miss. (Yes, I know I could dupe my dream team and always have 144s, but that'd be extra slots I don't feel like paying for.)
    That’s my #1 team too. Have you rostered other 2*s? Black Widow, Wolverine, and Daken are also a good combo. Ares hits hard, and Thor also has a fairly strong multi-enemy attack.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    PvE - Balancing Act, 2-wave node

I'm flying through my clears in SCL10, since everyone is boosted. I'm on second clear, wave 2, which includes an AI Vulture.

AI gets a cascade... TWENTY black.

Vulture never saw the ground again (long enough to be hit, anyway).
    I almost had the same outcome on my second clear of that node. They got lucky and got seven blacks but thankfully I had six blacks and Vulture only had a little life left so I knocked him out with Colossus. 
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    To preface this..... I hate Karnak. Hate him wholeheartedly. xD

Now, this was in the last season, I just couldn't post it earlier. I go in a match with him, unboosted even but champed.
    At one point of the match, the enemy team somehow got a match 5. But that gives Karnak his blue ability. AND for some reason it places the 2 of the critical tiles NEXT to each other.
    Meaning he took out my ENTIRE TEAM one after another....  :#
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    And I hate Chasm.

My 200k BRB, 60k 2099, and 70k Chasm got downed on turn 1 against an AI 550 Chasm and Dr. Thor.

Chasm is the worst character in the history of this game. Not sorry.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

Not the worst character, but I did find out that after Chasm revives, your team takes the damage from any matches that are caused by the Abyss tiles being destroyed.  My half-Thor went to my eighth-Thor before I figured out what was going on.  That was...unpleasant.
  • Borstock
    Borstock said:

Not the worst character, but I did find out that after Chasm revives, your team takes the damage from any matches that are caused by the Abyss tiles being destroyed.  My half-Thor went to my eighth-Thor before I figured out what was going on.  That was...unpleasant.

I went into an SCL10 PvP with a hurt Chasm at only 4k health, hurt iHulk at 7k, and a loaner 3* and I won.

He's way worse than broken Gambit, because you could mirror him. He's worse than broken Bishop and broken WorthyCap, because they were 4's you could kill with match damage. Same goes for Polaris.

I'm using Chasm/5he-Hulk/iHulk in Simulator and no one is even bothering to attack me. Not even the 550's who LOVE targeting me. That character is broken. Revive shouldn't work if the character is stunned first.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of curiosity, what is Chasm’s interaction with an opponent Thanos. I remember the constant calls to nerf iHulk and Okoye when they had an existing counter in Apocalypse, Thanos, and Onslaught. 

As for nerfing Chasm it is a matter of time before they release an easily accessible counter. For the time being, Dr Thor would target abyss tiles and have access to tons of charged tiles with Black Bolt and Storm. iShulk does not have an offensive threat though I’m not sure whether iHulk targets charged green tiles. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Chasm need any nerf? His and his revive partners are gimmicks.  :s  
  • Borstock
    edited October 2022
    Does Chasm need any nerf? His and his revive partners are gimmicks.  :s  

Stun locking teams with Bishop was a "gimmick". It's a gimmick that worked. But Bishop had like 25k health and went away when dead. 

The above 3v1 took 47 minutes to win.

Broken.
  • HoundofShadow
    Chasm's revive team(s) don't stun lock opponents. I've fought with multiple Chasm/iHulk variations in sim. They are really gimmicks. They can be beaten. Between Dr Thor's and Chasm's teams, I'd rather play against Chasm.
  • Borstock
    Chasm's revive team(s) don't stun lock opponents. I've fought with multiple Chasm/iHulk variations in sim. They are really gimmicks. They can be beaten. Between Dr Thor's and Chasm's teams, I'd rather play against Chasm.
    You misunderstood. I never said Chasm teams stun-lock.

Chasm by himself isn't the problem. It's the gimmick of his revive with other revive characters.

And I would MUCH rather face Dr. Thor/anybody/anybody than a Chasm/5he-Hulk/iHulk team.

• HoundofShadow
    You can't counter RNG against Dr Thor but you can time your attacks against Chasm's teams to make them not revive one after another. For Chasm teams, once you get a grasp of their timing, it's easy to best them. She-Hulk/Chasm/iHulk looks like a revive x 3 character team but in fact, it's only 2 because She Hulk can't revive immediately like iHulk does, she can only do it after you end your turn.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I, for one, would be interested to read about the easy way to beat those Chasm teams. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I had it twice happen that Chasm died while dealing fatal damage to the last opponent. Revive won't help you there
  • trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Like others, I can't find a reliable counter to chasm ihulk.  Mirror doesn't work unless opponent chasm has 3 on pink.  Shang with boosts can work with a bit of luck provided chasm doesn't steal all his red and pink ap.  Anything with AOE or multiple hits eg. Apoc or Beta, but again rely on Chasm not stealing all of their AP. So nothing reliable, and can easily burn through a ton of health packs just to get a single win against the pair.
  • HoundofShadow
    First of all, 4* Emma, Spider Oscorp and Kate Bishop don't work on Chasm at all. Theoretically speaking, they should, but they don't in actual combats.

Anyway, to beat Chasm/iHulk/She Hulk, down iHulk 3 to 4 times. By then, the only colour Chasm will be tanking is purple. Then, try to clear as many purple matches as possible before downing Chasm. Your team will get stunned but after this, he will die due to lack of Chasm tiles. Next, iHulk will be dying and reviving for making matches and in the procese, helping you to damage She-Hulk. Do an AoE or time your attacks to win the match.

One thing I found out playing against this team is that they have incredible cascades at the start of the match more than half of the time if your entire team is stunned, which is much more disgusting than Onslaught/Prof X. If you thought Onslaught/Prof X was bad, this team takes the cake.

Moonknight could be the perfect counter (minimal healthpack usage), if he got the typical new 5* match damage, instead of the old 5* match damage. For some reasons, his match damage is terrible for a 2022 5* release.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    I was actually referring to PVP, chasm and ihulk + ano when I said I couldn't find a reliable counter. Any advice?

As for chasm, shulk, ihulk in simulator that's looking to me like an easy skip.
    I understand your thinking and will give it a try, but downing ihulk 3 or 4 times, then chasm after denying pinks, then ihulk and shulk sufficiently well managed to hit both with an AOE to down them simultaneously.  If I'm even alive after that, it's got to be 2 or 3 health packs every fight.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    All I know is, I go to play a lightning round and am greeted with ChiHulk (Chasm + Immortal Hulk), ChiHulk, and Scarlet Steel. Three skips later, and I'm greeted with ChiHulk, ChiHulk, and ChiHulk. One last free skip and I finally get a playable 5* duo. Guess I'll need to champ Chasm ASAP; iHulk has a meager six covers, so maybe Dr Thor to befriend Chasm?
  • HoundofShadow
    I use about one healthpack every 2 fights. I think it's good enough?

Chasm + iHulk can be fine, depending on your roster.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Today I went for (another) 40 pack for the anniversary vault. Already had pulled once from a prog reward, so 99 left in the vault. Now there's 6 FF tokens and 9 5* and I managed to pull none. That's just awful.
    The only upside is the best rewards are up for grabs with the next pack.