Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    This happens too often to be random . I do a spicy 🌶 token pull about 5 times a month and 20% of the time the cover is pulled 40th.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    4 days after last post , exact same thing . Two consecutive Spicy draws , both covers on the 40th pick. That’s about 1600:1 chance of randomly happening 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Are you assuming each cover had the same chance of being pulled? I doubt that’s true since they show the stars on each reward. I fully expect the 4* cover has much lower odds than the 2* covers/rewards, so it is far more likely to not pull it until later in the series. And I’ve pulled many times where it comes in the first 5, or the middle 10, or the last 5, or yes, the last pull… so I think you’re just seeing the outliers unfortunately. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited June 2022
    Are you assuming each cover had the same chance of being pulled? I doubt that’s true since they show the stars on each reward. I fully expect the 4* cover has much lower odds than the 2* covers/rewards, so it is far more likely to not pull it until later in the series. And I’ve pulled many times where it comes in the first 5, or the middle 10, or the last 5, or yes, the last pull… so I think you’re just seeing the outliers unfortunately. 
    This should go under best moment but I’ll post it here . It took me only 4 pulls to get the cover today, that cover champed my 4 and gave me a LT. I also got shards as a 4* milestone, which gave me a 2nd cover , and the LT gave me MKnight. Those 2 LT gave me the final 6 shards for another 5* cover . So 4 Spicy pulls gave me four 5* covers in the end .
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    My team of loaner Jean Grey, lvl 213 Human Torch and lvl 70 Valkyrie was attacked by lvl 383 Jean Grey, lvl 271 Polaris and lvl 399 Onslaught. How on earth is that even close in power?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    My team of loaner Jean Grey, lvl 213 Human Torch and lvl 70 Valkyrie was attacked by lvl 383 Jean Grey, lvl 271 Polaris and lvl 399 Onslaught. How on earth is that even close in power?
    That's a non-loaner Phoenix with one cover and a 2 cover Onslaught with a baby champ 4. 
    Yes, that IS close in power.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This boost week has been pretty terrible for me and the game rubbed it in by running an event called "For Victory" - Ha! Not this week, game! 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Got hit in Shield Simulator by a player running 550 Apoc along with a 530ish BRB and SW.  Was hitting him back with a troll team of 468 BRB, Mantis, and 4* Carnage. I had them mostly
    stunlocked for about 20 turns and had opposing BRB and SW gone. Apoc had around 100k left. My team was nearly full health. I lost the lock for two turns and the first one they got a huge cascade of mostly TU. Next turn they used a freaking Penance Stare TU on my BRB. One shot. tried to finish it off with just the 4s and got another 30k off Apoc but couldn’t keep the lock going. So annoyIng
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    658_2 said:
    Got hit in Shield Simulator by a player running 550 Apoc along with a 530ish BRB and SW.  Was hitting him back with a troll team of 468 BRB, Mantis, and 4* Carnage. I had them mostly
    stunlocked for about 20 turns and had opposing BRB and SW gone. Apoc had around 100k left. My team was nearly full health. I lost the lock for two turns and the first one they got a huge cascade of mostly TU. Next turn they used a freaking Penance Stare TU on my BRB. One shot. tried to finish it off with just the 4s and got another 30k off Apoc but couldn’t keep the lock going. So annoyIng
    Yep...Penance Stare is one of the few team-ups that I really do not like seeing across the board.  It's almost inevitably a one-shot kill on someone.  Retribution from 3-star Punisher is another one, as inevitably it happens when half Thor is in front.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted Gambit I saw. Hmm, mine isn't very high but I will give him a spin I thought in Flight Test. So in I went with Riri and Shang. Then it hit me...he locks out red and purple! Oh drat. I had to watch as my team was destroyed pathetically unable to fire any powers apart from Gambit's which were pitifully inadequate. How did I forget that?!?!?! 🙃
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Boosted Gambit I saw. Hmm, mine isn't very high but I will give him a spin I thought in Flight Test. So in I went with Riri and Shang. Then it hit me...he locks out red and purple! Oh drat. I had to watch as my team was destroyed pathetically unable to fire any powers apart from Gambit's which were pitifully inadequate. How did I forget that?!?!?! 🙃

Ironically a few of my "bigger" alliance mates got nailed by big Gambits, might be he's one of those rare cases where the computer plays him better.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Got accepted at Wharton for my MBA today so in 1 month I’ll have no time for games and have wasted 3 years and 7 months playing MPQ. ( I could return in 2028 🤣). I’ll sell my account to another alliance member I guess . It’s been fun. 😭😭
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Got accepted at Wharton for my MBA today so in 1 month I’ll have no time for games and have wasted 3 years and 7 months playing MPQ. ( I could return in 2028 🤣). I’ll sell my account to another alliance member I guess . It’s been fun. 😭😭
    Congratulations! I wouldn't call it a waste. You enjoyed it while it lasted and now it's on to bigger and better. When you return in 2028, we should have 3 more Thors, 2 more Caps, and 1 more Kingpin on the roster.  🤣
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Playing Chasm (Ben Reilly) PVP. his pvp is not worth the full grind, playing this until 25 wins and call it a day. Chasm PVP is probably the worst pvp in a long time.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvE - Balancing Act, 2-wave node

I'm flying through my clears in SCL10, since everyone is boosted. I'm on second clear, wave 2, which includes an AI Vulture.

AI gets a cascade... TWENTY black.

Vulture never saw the ground again (long enough to be hit, anyway).
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    That’s when the first thought is to retreat and try again… but it sucks cause you’re in a wave and already have the points from the first wave. Ugh. I feel for you. 
  • Borstock
    That’s when the first thought is to retreat and try again… but it sucks cause you’re in a wave and already have the points from the first wave. Ugh. I feel for you. 

Exactly. Basically crushed my placement.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    I'm in a low point where my DDQ 2* dream team (Storm, Magneto, Hawkeye) is leveled such that Storm is tanking almost everything. : ( She ends up so battered from Third Time's the Charm that I have to fall back to another team for Under the Sea and it's hit or miss. (Yes, I know I could dupe my dream team and always have 144s, but that'd be extra slots I don't feel like paying for.)
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Borstock said:

I hate that node sometimes for that exact reason. I try to finish off the first wave with a power hit, so I can (depending on team) stun him or finish him off before they get a turn.
  • Borstock
    Borstock said:

I hate that node sometimes for that exact reason. I try to finish off the first wave with a power hit, so I can (depending on team) stun him or finish him off before they get a turn.

I've done that in the past. I just wasn't paying attention this time, then got hit with the ridiculous cascade of black death.