Turn to Smoke (and other "enemy downed" abilities) - BUGGED?

Comments

• Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Tinfoil hat time, but guess who's new power is buffed thanks to this bug?

icon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.png
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played through the Big Enchilada and didn't hit the bug at all - one of my alliance-mates said it basically proc'ed once for each match that was made in the move that took the Teisatsu down. So it's the cascades that are causing this problem. It seems like a pretty good theory. Until they patch it, I'd just one-shot the Teisatsus last bit of hit points - either through a single power that doesn't drop tiles, or a single match.

It's not a fix, but it will help until it is...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I played through the Big Enchilada and didn't hit the bug at all - one of my alliance-mates said it basically proc'ed once for each match that was made in the move that took the Teisatsu down. So it's the cascades that are causing this problem. It seems like a pretty good theory. Until they patch it, I'd just one-shot the Teisatsus last bit of hit points - either through a single power that doesn't drop tiles, or a single match.

It's not a fix, but it will help until it is...

It will also fire every time the Teisatsu is down and is hit with an AoE attack.

2Storm's Blue attack or Yellow counterattack would cause multiple TtS attack tiles to form any time they hit a downed Teis.

So for my typical team of Storm, 2Mag, and Hood, the Hood got subbed out for SG. I made sure to have my Yellow protect tiles out before I killed the first one.

It ended up being a tough battle, because the Hitman managed to get a Threaten off in the middle of the TtS barrage, which caused the first three attack tiles to do over 1,300 damage. I managed to get the strike tiles cleaned up in a few rounds, but I ended up creating more attack tiles when I used Storm's AoE to stun, which took longer to clean up.

Managed to get the Blade cover in my first attempt, but it was tough going for awhile. Thankfully the only Teisatsus are in the first wave. Once you get those cleaned up, the rest of the battle is as normal.

Magnetic Flux cleaned up the TtS tiles pretty well.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was hoping perhaps we wouldn't see Ninja **** until the patch rolls out. No such luck.

However, I did survive the Colossus cover fight (which, having 5 covers in Fastball already, I only tackled for the 2000 ISO bonus for DDQ completion) and most importantly DIDN'T SCREW MYSELF OVER BY FORGETTING TO CLOSE THE GAME ON MY LAPTOP THE PREVIOUS DAY HALLELUJAH

ahem. I still don't know that there's a 'trick' to it other than 'take them out with a special move and do so as close to one another as possible so that the next wave kicks in.' Anecdotally - and that's the only way I'm testing because if you think I'm willing to put up with that happy horseshit one second longer than necessary you're crazy - spawning the next wave does seem to cut off whatever weirdness otherwise causes matches to spawn additional Ninja **** tiles.

Between Loki's DDQ earlier in the week and Colossus today, I'm 3/5 when it comes to crotch-chopping the Ninja **** waves despite their brokenness, and that's been the common thread in the three successful attempts. Use special moves to down the Teisetsu and down them as close to one another as possible. The two I wiped were waves where I took one down, either with matches or a special move, but continued to make matches while the other two were still alive.
  • Do they test the new releases at all? The sync error and now this...
  • erated
    erated Posts: 10
    I'm not so disappointed by the actual bug itself. Everyone whining about them not testing is hilarious - obviously they test, but this **** happens. They may be growing too fast but it's your own choice to pay for this game. If you didn't do research on the merits/risks of supporting a small time video game studio, that's on you. They at least appear to be responsive to technical issues.

The actual direction of this game is a different issue - I am withholding comment on that.

What is disappointing is that, the bug is now known, but the easy decision of not including the damn ninja waves in PVE nodes - see today's DDQ - has not been made. Just blew through hps to get that Colossus....
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    All three of those FCUKING teisatsus triggered Turn To Smoke after I dropped them while they were stunned today. Barely got through to get the cover. Damn it devs, stop changing and or screwing everything up for the worse.
  • snlf25 wrote:
    All three of those FCUKING teisatsus triggered Turn To Smoke after I dropped them while they were stunned today. Barely got through to get the cover. Damn it devs, stop changing and or screwing everything up for the worse.

It was acknowledged that this is also a bug (on top of the multiple firing of TTS). They said the bug fix won't be until R77. So we basically just have to ride it out until then. ~sighs~
  • If it's been acknowledged that it's a bug, I wonder why they keep running events with the ninjas in play. Or do they have no control?!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    arj wrote:
    If it's been acknowledged that it's a bug, I wonder why they keep running events with the ninjas in play. Or do they have no BRAIN?!

fixed
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Tinfoil hat time, but guess who's new power is buffed thanks to this bug?

icon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.pngicon_moonstone.png

not if you cant collect enough AP to use it before you get "attack tiled" to smithereens - my transitioning account is just getting crushed- we need defensive boosts, takes 10% less damage from bugs!!!!
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Took me 14 tries today but finally got the Colossus cover. What finally worked for me was.

Obw, Luke Cage, hulk.

Match every blue available so you can extend count down tiles as long as possible. Hulk green power if you don't have the blue.

Cage's protect tile helps all the attack tiles until you match then our hulk smashes them.

Save cage's yellow, black, and hulk's red for the non-ninja levels.
  • Wonderful, so the first round for the Colossus cover are ALL ninjas that turn to smoke! Surely, they can suppress a buggy character!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    arj wrote:
    Wonderful, so the first round for the Colossus cover are ALL ninjas that turn to smoke! Surely, they can suppress a buggy character!

Naw. See, they turn to smoke. The devs just can't lay hands on those slippery bastards.

It's like introducing foreign species into the domestic food chain. Once you open Pandora's Box...
  • So apparently, this isn't just a problem with turn-to-smoke. Any ability that triggers on enemy death results in this glitch. Just had my bullseye in the teamup node fill the screen with strike tiles at the end of the match.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    So apparently, this isn't just a problem with turn-to-smoke. Any ability that triggers on enemy death results in this glitch. Just had my bullseye in the teamup node fill the screen with strike tiles at the end of the match.

This was announced in the bugs forum 4 days ago here.

People should really check out that forum every once in a while.
  • DuckyV wrote:

I'm worried I might catch something if I go there. icon_e_confused.gificon_lol.gif

If it's a big enough bug, which this is, people'll be talking about it in general too. It ups its priority a little bit if it means that the PLAYER can fill the board with strike tiles. See how quick it takes them to fix it now. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ducky
    DuckyV wrote:

I'm worried I might catch something if I go there. icon_e_confused.gificon_lol.gif

If it's a big enough bug, which this is, people'll be talking about it in general too. It ups its priority a little bit if it means that the PLAYER can fill the board with strike tiles. See how quick it takes them to fix it now. icon_e_wink.gif

When Patch was first introduced, he only created friendly strikes and not enemy strikes due to a bug. It took a patch, I believe, before it got fixed as well. Seems to be a similar situation to this one.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    But, how long after the bug was found that benefited players was that patch instituted, was the question / idea?
  • Ducky
    TLCstormz wrote:
    But, how long after the bug was found that benefited players was that patch instituted, was the question / idea?

It was either 2 weeks or a month iirc.