Turn to Smoke (and other "enemy downed" abilities) - BUGGED?

I noticed the past couple days turn to smoke has been updated to trigger after tile match, but it appears to be bugged.

The expected behavior is that if you stun the ninja, and then down them, it won't trigger (i.e. smart and tactical gameplay).

The actual behavior is that it now triggers no matter what, and usually multiple time - to the degree that half the board gets filled with strike tiles. I really hope they fix this sooner rather than later, as previously they were a somewhat fun / annoying enemy depending on whether you were able to work around their quirk. Now, they've been converted into a plain annoyance designed to ensure health pack use, which is a poor design decision.

But I'm hoping this is just a bug.

[Edit]: Most definitely a bug. It also triggers in the same manner with Bullseye after he downs an enemy.

Comments

• Turn to smoke is not broken they way you think it is. It now ALWAYS triggers; however, it doesn't trigger when you kill the Teitsu, but when the round ends.

So you faced them in the waive event today and at the END of the round ALL of the turn to smoke abilities triggered.

When you faced them with bagman in the 1* event they didn't trigger at all until the team was killed. It appears they are bugged but they are not double proc'ing they are actually not happening til the round ends.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I noticed that it triggered multiple times as well when I played Under the Sea in DDQ this morning. I usually try to stun the Teisatsu but today I got some quick match 5's and was able to blow the first wave away with speed shots. There were only 2 Teisatsus in that wave and by the time wave 2 showed up, there were 20 attack tiles on the board. An alliance mate reported a similar occurrence. It seems like R76 may have caused more problems than it solved.

I too am hoping that this is just a bug.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I was playing the 1* node in DDQ and after I killed Teisatsu (last) Turn to Smoke triggered at least 5 times. Considering it wasn't a survival node, it's not all of them triggering at the end. I did get a cascade at the end of the match so I'm thinking the AI added that damage and thought that I knocked him out the equivalent of 5x
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    they shouldn't happen at all if killed while stunned.
  • W4L Andre wrote:
    I noticed that it triggered multiple times as well when I played Under the Sea in DDQ this morning. I usually try to stun the Teisatsu but today I got some quick match 5's and was able to blow the first wave away with speed shots. There were only 2 Teisatsus in that wave and by the time wave 2 showed up, there were 20 attack tiles on the board. An alliance mate reported a similar occurrence. It seems like R76 may have caused more problems than it solved.

I too am hoping that this is just a bug.

This happened to me too but luckily it was the end of the match and he was the last opponent. It triggered like 5 times before the little victory banner came up. Yikes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We hereby rename the ability.. Turn to Bugs
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    Turn to smoke is not broken they way you think it is. It now ALWAYS triggers; however, it doesn't trigger when you kill the Teitsu, but when the round ends.

Nope. Not that predictable. I had a game on Steam where it behaved as you described. Had another where I killed a Teisetsu and his Turn to **** proc'ed three turns later, but still in the same wave. Had one on mobile just now where it proc'ed after his death on the first subsequent tile match.

It's more Turn to Dementia than anything else right now.
  • On the DDQ I saw Turn to Smoke trigger twice when it's just a Shinobi + Teisatsu. It seems to only happen when you wipe them all out at the same time. I'm wondering if it's triggering for each death X the number of Turn to Smokes. E.g. 3 Teisatus all going down at the same time would trigger 9 Turn to Smokes?
  • It's bugged, which means it's not working as intended, and hard to know exactly what conditions make it happen.

It appears to trigger per match (bad news if you hit a cascade), but also possible per damage since that also triggered a bunch of them.

It's happens even if there's only one, but it might be reading as if you're downing multiple. It's kind of hard to know beyond the fact that it's bugged pretty badly.
  • In what's become typical response, the fix has caused more problems than it cured. Use to be you downed him, it made attack tiles, but the cascades could sometimes be messed up when it chose a destroyed tile to change to an attack tile and bam, resurrected tile. To fix this I guess they changed it so Turn To Smoke happens at the end of a turn instead of when the Tetsaiu is downed. Side effect: Stun doesn't work to disable the power anymore (hint: it use to).

Best solution for now is to use tile converters. She Hulk, Daredevil, etc. Or board shakers, Groot, Storm, etc. They will probably try and fix it again eventually. Hopefully they don't run Enemy of the State until this is fixed tho. That would be super horrible.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    On the big enchilada every match produces attack tiles once the first tetsaiu is downed.

I hope this is the first of many changes to make the game much harder as it's too easy currently. Can we raise the cap that scaling can reach too while we are at it. As I don't feel I am being tested unless I lose at least two characters per fight. Thanks!
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    The tiles still triggered for me today while I had the ninja stunned...and then he popped 4? I feel like Doc Oc is here with Insult to Injury.
  • I've got you all beat. Turn to smoke continued to trigger multiple times even after both ninjas were down. I have screenshots of the attack rules popping up when there is nothing but a thug. Ddq is impossible on the day I was really looking forward to.
  • I've got you all beat. Turn to smoke continued to trigger multiple times even after both ninjas were down. I have screenshots of the attack rules popping up when there is nothing but a thug. Ddq is impossible on the day I was really looking forward to.

I had the same stupid problem, would be nice if D3 did something about this posthaste...
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I've got you all beat. Turn to smoke continued to trigger multiple times even after both ninjas were down. I have screenshots of the attack rules popping up when there is nothing but a thug. Ddq is impossible on the day I was really looking forward to.

this happened to me in the first wave of Big Enchilada. TTS continued to activate TWICE after each of my turns, even after both teisatsus were down. there were probably 20 or more ATK tiles after the end of the round. I was getting hit with 2,000+ DMG with each turn. icon_evil.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I've got you all beat. Turn to smoke continued to trigger multiple times even after both ninjas were down. I have screenshots of the attack rules popping up when there is nothing but a thug. Ddq is impossible on the day I was really looking forward to.

Same **** here. Both ninjas down, both still creating new attack titles. No way am I going to be able to do beat this with the glitch active.

Figures it would have to be on a Blade's greenflag.png. Why couldn't this **** happen when Beast is up?
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Same issue here. Toughest Big Enchilada ever.

I burned through a bunch of boosts before I was finally successful in finding a way to do it.

FYI, if you are still going to give it a try even with the bugs, be sure you don't hit a downed ninja using a power that affects all members of the opposing team (with Call the Storm, Raging Tempest, etc.) because it will trigger the turn to smoke repeatedly.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    DukeUpdate wrote:

I burned through a bunch of boosts before I was finally successful in finding a way to do it.

FYI, if you are still going to give it a try even with the bugs, be sure you don't hit a downed ninja using a power that affects all members of the opposing team (with Call the Storm, Raging Tempest, etc.) because it will trigger the turn to smoke repeatedly.

Ah. That's why I was screwed. Storm's Raging Tempest is messing me up. And every time it go into effect, it'd create more tiles, which would trigger it again.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    DukeUpdate wrote:

Ah. That's why I was screwed. Storm's Raging Tempest is messing me up. And every time it go into effect, it'd create more tiles, which would trigger it again.
    Same here.
    I wondered why the attack tiles kept spawning when 2*Storm's yellow kept going off.
    Wasted so much AP & effort trying to clear all those attack tiles only to wipe at the start of the last wave with 2* Thor downed during wave 2 & Stormneto having a total health of ~100.
    Hoped to get the Blade cover for a respec.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I had turn to smoke just trigger on me THREE TIMES per enemy. Meaning SIX TIMES, in total.

Uhm......this is 1,000% a bug.

But, instead of us complaining in the General discussion, please please please make threads in the Technical & Bugs forum, and send in tickets. If not, the few of us who DO will get the standard "we are sorry you had an error on your end, but we don't see a problem, so there will be no compensation."