Turn to Smoke (and other "enemy downed" abilities) - BUGGED?

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    P.S.
    Can you change the title of this thread, please? It needs to be more attention grabbing.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    But, instead of us complaining in the General discussion, please please please make threads in the Technical & Bugs forum, and send in tickets. If not, the few of us who DO will get the standard "we are sorry you had an error on your end, but we don't see a problem, so there will be no compensation."
    There is a thread already in the Bugs forum with a dev response.
    Fix is being included in a subsequent patch which means a few more weeks of enjoying this new feature!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are also some good workarounds in the deadpool thread
  • It looks there is some broader 'end of turn' bug affecting not only turn to smoke. I had couple times yesterday fighting venom and it looks like his turn ended, my guys move in front and then BAM! - some tiles explode giving me more damage.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=29822&start=0#p359661
    Hey all,

We have isolated the issue and put in a fix for it for the next Release (R77).

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    how does something that broken make it past testing?
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Not that the devs should need another concurring voice to get this fixed, but ...

Happened to me today to. Matched to kill the last Teisatsu in first wave, and he TtS twice. (Didn't think to check whether the count of attack tiles meant the other, already dead, Teisatsu fired as well; there were two separate events of multiple attack tile creation, anyway.)

It made the remaining three waves *much* more difficult.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I've played a lot of games over the years. Never seen anyone not fix a major game play bug for days.

Imagine you are doing big enchilada for the first time today? Makes a mockery of the theory they care only about new players lol.

I have played many games and know it is commonplace that the guy/guys who wrote the original code probably left for pastures new. Sometimes the new people have no clue what some of it does, which can make for hilarious effects in game. Lately I am convonced that is the case here. So yes that is probably why the fix is going to take that long. Looking at bullseye new passive I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I'd advise against buying his covers at any rate.
  • It affects one non-playable enemy; can't see them considering this as a major gameplay bug, particularly given Fastball's bugginess for so long.

My bug experiences during waves:Defeating a teiatsu that was replaced by another enemy type did not trigger Turn to Smoke. Sometimes when killing a teiatsu their ability would not trigger until the end of the wave. I'm glad I had my Steve in the fight; reduced most of the damage to 1.
    Stunning a Teiatsu before killing him did not stop his ability from triggering.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    thisone wrote:
    I've played a lot of games over the years. Never seen anyone not fix a major game play bug for days.

Imagine you are doing big enchilada for the first time today? Makes a mockery of the theory they care only about new players lol.

I have played many games and know it is commonplace that the guy/guys who wrote the original code probably left for pastures new. Sometimes the new people have no clue what some of it does, which can make for hilarious effects in game. Lately I am convonced that is the case here. So yes that is probably why the fix is going to take that long. Looking at bullseye new passive I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I'd advise against buying his covers at any rate.

They just posted something in the bugs thread about this... except they said that you can trigger Bullseye's ability over and over.

I'm thinking that I'll invest heavy in his Black passive and then never download another patch. icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint wrote:
    http://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=29822&start=0#p359661
    Hey all,

We have isolated the issue and put in a fix for it for the next Release (R77).

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    how does something that broken make it past testing?

what is this word "testing"?

easy...marc
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    JpB9L1u.jpg
  • Yep, this sucks! Just used all my Heath packs on DPD just to get hammered by turn to smoke. I take both ninjas down but attack tiles just keep popping up, ****! 2.5k of damage received in one round from the tiles alone....

I hope the devs not only fix this but dish out some cover packs free as a minimum.
  • TLCstormz
    LOL @ that Spidey meme.
  • After 10-15 Health Packs throughout the day and Half my roster dead....

I finally got it done. I used Loki/GSBW/BP

I hoarded blackflag.png and let the goons strike tiles for 409 hit the board and then turned all of them into protect.png tiles using Loki. I had 1636 in protection for the whole rest of the match. Still was taking damage, but got thru to the end stage and fired off BP yellowflag.png 3x in a row, then GSBW greenflag.png followed by GSBW purpleflag.png and then another GSBW greenflag.png
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Probably got you all beat. My Big Enchilada ran so many of those after the last ninja was downed that all the attack tiles downed my 6k HP LThor in a single strike. As if having poorly placed muscle strike tiles running alongside poorly placed Strength in Numbers wasn't bad enough. Only just managed to clear the last 3 rounds with stormneto at <100HP each. And it had to happen on a good cover too...

They better release the new patch quick, it's not fun facing tiles that deal 5-6K damage per round
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to get it through it with Psylocke/Luke Cage/Falcon. I made sure to down each Ties...Teiistayl...attack tile ninjas with one of Psylocke's cheap powers, and Falcon continually buffing Cage's protect tile handled any damage that slipped through.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I got through it before my Facepalm Singularity, it was because I was able to run the regular team in and not have to deal with multiple spawns of Turn to ****.

It was once they started spawning 3 tiles per match even two turns after death when I had to replay it that I started getting ****.

I'm debating whether I want to try a third time or just pray that CS takes pity on me.
  • I was eventually able to win the blade cover, went through the mission twice, lost the first time and won the second, neither time with the bug happening. Glad I decided to give it another shot, I'd really been looking forward to my first Blade green.

Really hope they don't give us ninjas when it's Kamala's turn...
  • TLCstormz
    Are they in Simulator, thus far?
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Monsoon wrote:
    I had the same stupid problem, would be nice if D3 did something about this posthaste...

They've said its already fixed for the next release. Don't know it's possible to be faster...