Turn to smoke bug

124»

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Are there any Turn To Bugs in Simulator?

Most likely but only if there are Teisatsu's in the match.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    There is already a lengthy discussion on this topic and it is being addressed by the Dev's. Sadly though the new update is not out yet and not sure if it will be out by next week's round with them.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29822
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I understand why it seemed Turn to Smoke activated without downing the ninja. I used Molitov Cocktail and triggered the one already down. On my third attempt at Big Enchilada, I got enough AP to stun the Teisatsu before downing it. It still activated despite stunning. I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned that stunning didn't work to stop the ability from triggering. This thread got big fast.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I noticed the same. But I also noticed that if the Teisatsu is downed while stunned, he still turns to smoke? Is that right?? Before this update, when I stunned and downed, the TTS does not activate. Is this also a bug? Or did something change?

I noticed this with Ambush on Daredevil.

I intentionally stunned him so that his trap tile could be exposed while he was unconscious.

Totally still blew up for full damage.

How is he ambushing me when he's stunned?

I've found that traps don't stop like countdown tiles do. Elektra's Shadow Step still protects her. Not surprised that Ambush still triggered.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

Teisatsu still triggering his "Turn to Smoke" ability when stunned is a bug and we are planning on fixing it in an upcoming patch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    You should really remove Teisatsu's from DPD until you fix this
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I got out of the Blade cover Teisatsu DPD with no bug. So what are we greeted with in today's Colossus DPD? 3 Teisatsus! Attack tiles for each Teisatsu downed and a bonus 6 attack tiles for completing the wave... I still don't understand how / if you can avoid the extra attack tiles.
    We would have been better off if D3 just put back R75. Was there anything in R76 that actually worked? And why has there been no communication that R76.1 fixes (or doesn't fix) the multiple device save issue? I'm not trusting it until after the season and Bullseye event is finished. Someone's **** needs to be kicked over this one, repeatedly.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Each one created 6-9 attack tiles. So even though I can blow through the first round the whole screen is full of attack tiles and I can't get out of round 2.
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    My device is set to manually update and I wish I never bothered with R76. I used MnMags red (5x5 tiles cleared), and without even making a match, the whole board filled up with Teisatsu attack tiles.

I've consistently won the Big Enchilada, except today. Demiurge/D3 please remove the ninjas until you fix this bug, please. icon_cry.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not sure if I found something that helped or if I just got lucky. I've only had 3 runs against the bugged ninjas, so its a small sample size - one for blade and two today (wiped the first time). one of 2 things is interacting poorly (maybe both), killing them with an ability seems to kill them, but then the following match (against someone else) also triggers a duplicate triggering. additionally if you get storms yellow activating, it gets caught in a loop that cycles 3 times, so each kill creates 9 attacks (that's impossible to overcome unless you already are flush with board shaking ap). was able to make it my second go today but all 3 had very little health by the time I finally got the last attack off the board.

all that to say this - limited sample size, but if you can kill them with a match (non-power), it seems to help. I agree that they should be removed from all nodes throughout the game until fixed. not sure how hard that would be. skipping a node in a random pve is one thing but the big enchilada is directly for a cover - pretty high stakes.
  • IMO, this bug is totally a wall I crash into, and I'm not the only one. Multiple triggers, stuns not walking...
    We're facing a huge bug and only people having a huge amount of bug can pass by.
    Si, since the devs clearly don't want to exclude these ninja from DDP, I think they should, at last, grant the players some covers, at least 1. I won't have neither Colossus nor any requiring to defeat Ninjas til a REAL fix is made, so I feel like I pay due to a dev's error... It's obviously a nonsense.
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I did actually put a ticket in to see how they respond. I basically told them that doing a board clear re-populates the board. Their response:
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience! The developers are actively working to resolve the issue, and we ask your patience as it is devised for release. Temporarily, a workaround has been devised where you can defeat the Teisatsu minion with a single tile match (i.e. not a cascade) or an active ability that does not destroy tiles or trigger one of your character's passive abilities, and the issue should not recur.

As a token of our apology, we would like to send you a gift for the inconvenience. No further compensation will be offered for this issue.

They sent a Taco token, which didn't turn out to be anything. Poo.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2015
    Better than nothing. I submitted a ticket because I lost 2 covers due to the multi device bug and never received anything but an email stating they were working on a fix.

Update:I have now received the covers that were lost.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    lockness wrote:
    I did actually put a ticket in to see how they respond. I basically told them that doing a board clear re-populates the board. Their response:

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience! The developers are actively working to resolve the issue, and we ask your patience as it is devised for release. Temporarily, a workaround has been devised where you can defeat the Teisatsu minion with a single tile match (i.e. not a cascade) or an active ability that does not destroy tiles or trigger one of your character's passive abilities, and the issue should not recur.

As a token of our apology, we would like to send you a gift for the inconvenience. No further compensation will be offered for this issue.

"Temporarily, a workaround has been devised of which the success relies on randomly generated tile drops and on the player playing in a particular manner that may not be applicable or achievable for his roster or the play situation."

Seriously? How pathetic is that...
    Also, is it just me or is the Taco token just adding insult to injury?
  • Souldonut
    Souldonut Posts: 6
    _RiO_ wrote:
    lockness wrote:

"Temporarily, a workaround has been devised of which the success relies on randomly generated tile drops and on the player playing in a particular manner that may not be applicable or achievable for his roster or the play situation."

Seriously? How pathetic is that...
    Also, is it just me or is the Taco token just adding insult to injury?

Agreed. It's a bug. They've acknowledged it's a bug. Yet, they've decided to keep throwing it in our faces despite there being a perfectly acceptable interim fix, i.e. pull out the Teisatsu waves until R77 is released.

The disdain for us as a player base has never been as obvious.