Turn to smoke bug

Comments

• doing ddq today I killed ninjas first but the thug strike tile set off causing a cascade which killed thor and set of turn to smoke 5 times even though ninjas were already dead and it was my character dying not one of theres
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    similar story here:

first ninja I killed created 3 after the turn completed like 'intended' (sucks that cascades have no chance at matching those). then the following turn when I made a match, it activated again, creating 3 more attack tiles. fortunately it stopped at that point.

last ninja, I had stunned (mbw team up) and killed him and he still activated the attack tiles.

edit: I still finished using my ** team of thormneto. for my case this wasn't prohibitive of me finishing. I did take some extra damage, but still very doable unless you get 8+ tiles out there for any length of time. a couple of thor yellows (cascades) and storm greens (shake up) and some strategically placed mnmags purple (making match 4 or 5 to clear one here or there), there was only one left after a couple of turns anyway (I think mags red may have gotten one too). that one I didn't get to until towards the end but one can be handled. I agree that if 20 get put out there, you have little chance unless (for my team) you already have loaded up on purple/green/yellow/red. that's the beauty of that team. once you're rolling, it's hard to stop.
  • The short term fix must be to alter the events so those enemies are not used. This should be done today if possible. And you added insult to injury by using them two days in a row, with mismatched teams of thugs.

I've been waiting for my first green blade for a while. If this isn't fixed and stops us from getting more covers I'm done. The fun of the game is being outweighed heavily by its problems.
  • So we will get our Blade cover or not?
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    similar story here:

first ninja I killed created 3 after the turn completed like 'intended' (sucks that cascades have no chance at matching those). then the following turn when I made a match, it activated again, creating 3 more attack tiles. fortunately it stopped at that point.

last ninja, I had stunned (mbw team up) and killed him and he still activated the attack tiles.

edit: I still finished using my ** team of thormneto. for my case this wasn't prohibitive of me finishing. I did take some extra damage, but still very doable unless you get 8+ tiles out there for any length of time. a couple of thor yellows (cascades) and storm greens (shake up) and some strategically placed mnmags purple (making match 4 or 5 to clear one here or there), there was only one left after a couple of turns anyway (I think mags red may have gotten one too). that one I didn't get to until towards the end but one can be handled. I agree that if 20 get put out there, you have little chance unless (for my team) you already have loaded up on purple/green/yellow/red. that's the beauty of that team. once you're rolling, it's hard to stop.

My 2* team of Thormneto wiped even though I only had 9 attack tiles spawn. Problem was that the board seemed to constantly be tilted black/yellow during wave 1 so AP gathering was slow resulting in a few threaten tiles resolving upping the pain and downing Thor at the start of wave 2. Even with Storm's Green & MnMags red/purple powers, I couldn't clear out all those attack tiles until the end of Wave 3 which whittled Stormento down to ~100 points of collective health. Yeah - this sucks.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

We have isolated the issue and put in a fix for it for the next Release (R77).

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Really? Come on guys, how does something that broken, make it past testing?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "Hai gaiz, we fixxxed a bugged."

"Fix" now causes player to be damaged for EVERY SINGLE MATCH that they make (and every time that Raging Tempest goes off, as well) after "fixed foe" is downed." This causes player anguish, boosts to be lost, team ups to be lost, and health packs to be used.

"Heigh 5s, gaiz, geate sucksess¡"
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think they do any testing at all after this...

The very first node I played with a Teisatsu I encountered the new bug. Come on!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    I don't think they do any testing at all after this...

The very first node I played with a Teisatsu I encountered the new bug. Come on!

did you skip DPD yesterday?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's where I encountered the bug, very first node of DDQ yesterday.
  • Same, took screenshot. All of these were placed from one kill of a ninja.

Also a second bug. The first ninja I downed was stunned, and still put out 3 turn to smoke tiles.

I don't have a the screenshot on a website so can't find a way to attach it here, but I can give it if needed.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Sho' 'nuff it happened to me as well. Kill em, and round after round they keep turning to smoke.
  • So Question: When you fix the TTS ability, will it go back to being nullified by stun? I.E. will we be able to use windstorm to nuke the little ****ers, or otherwise stun them before killing them, without the attack tiles spawning?

--Databoy2k
  • Same happening here, can't win the green blade cover I need cause turn to smoke just keeps coming and taking 1000s health
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Bug... or feature?
    -Devs.
  • Hey all,

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would seriously consider releasing a hotfix update. Granted, I was able to get my greenflag.png Blade cover, but the amount of grief this is going to cause the community needs to be addressed, the sooner, the better.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I was lucky that the TTS tiles that spawned were manageable, once I made it out of round 1 and had some OBW blue to restore health I was golden. I say I was lucky because a lot of people got wiped multiple times today going after that much sought after cover.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Hey all,

Really? Come on guys, how does something that broken, make it past testing?
    Occam's razor would have you select the most straight-forward answer: there is no testing.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Horrendous bug. I'm not one to complain about stuff, but this is ridiculous. Any way we'll at least get another shot at Blade's greenflag.png?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you've been consistently beating BE and wiped multiple times today due to the bug, I would not hesitate to put a ticket in guys. covers for typical finishes in other event have been given before when a glitch happens. def put a ticket in. now...if you rarely beat it or sometimes do and wipe on the first try, you might want to try again. there's definitely some luck involved but it can be done.