Turn to smoke bug

Isay_Isay
Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
In Level 2 of today's (5/20/15) DDQ, I downed the final opponent in Wave 1 and after that Turn to Smoke was cast at least 4 times even though it should have only appeared once. I know the recent update had fixes to that particular skill, so this may be something tied to that.

I confirmed it happened to someone else in my alliance. Anyone else have this happen?

Comments

• ghostride23
    ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Playing todays DDQ, one with beast in the second wave, and after doing Magneto's polarity shift, it killed Teisatsu and onto the next wave but Turn to Smoke triggered 5 times before the next wave. I have a screen shot but mobile forum wont let me attach it.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Same thing happened to me
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29821
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Same here. I got a massive cascade after I killed him so maybe the AI recognized that as killing him 5x? For me it happened in the first 1* only node
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I finished off both Tiesatsu with Magneto's purple power in same wave referenced above, and that triggered Turn To Smoke SEVEN times! There were at least 21 attack tiles on the board after that. Fortunately I had enough blue to use Storm's blue power twice to finish the 2nd wave without making any tile match moves. Also have screen shot to prove it.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Same here guys, 1* node, I usually leave Tiatsu's for last to avoid damage. In round one I downed him and no TTS triggered so I took note of that as I immediately look for the placements. In round 2 I had enough ap for 2hor to wipe to board and TTS must have went off 5 times after all enemies were downed. This update is an epic fail, hopefully they address this issue also (along with the multiple device bug) before tomorrow's DDQ, I really want another Blade green and these little jerks are in the first wave. Another member reported last week that he was getting over 2k damage from TTS tiles.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opposite for me.. i killed them, and no turn to smoke at all.. killed the next, still none.. When i finished the wave, 3 tiles appeared out of nowhere.. strength 1.

I really hope my bug happens tomorrow and not yours for big enchilada icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Just played the new Deadpool Daily and the Teisatsu goon Turned to Smoke 3 times in the 2* survival node and the 1* node. He went down with multiple cascades. Ended up with 9 attack tiles.

They went down with multiple cascades
  • Philly79
    Malcrof wrote:
    Opposite for me.. i killed them, and no turn to smoke at all.. killed the next, still none.. When i finished the wave, 3 tiles appeared out of nowhere.. strength 1.

I really hope my bug happens tomorrow and not yours for big enchilada icon_e_biggrin.gif

I did not check the strength of the tiles as the round was already over. You were the one that had the huge damage issues last week from them damn tiles, as long as they don't all fire at once I should be okay. What node were you on when it happened today?
  • Malcrof
    cynder9792 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I did not check the strength of the tiles as the round was already over. You were the one that had the huge damage issues last week from them damn tiles, as long as they don't all fire at once I should be okay. What node were you on when it happened today?

2nd node (first taco token)
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    Happened to me on both nodes. Last kill of the node had multiple turn to smokes, but earlier kills had the normal.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    Same issue I think playing on the DDQ "Under the Sea" node.
    I used a MNMags Polarity Shift power to down one of 2 remaining Teisatsu and proced 5 SpeedShot countdown tiles.
    Did only match damage next 2 turns to get the SpeedShot countdowns to resolve.
    First countdown resolved, downing the Teisatsu and Turn to Smoke attack tiles were generated.
    As each SpeedShot countdown resolved an Turn to Smoke set of attack tiles was proced.
  • Souldonut
    Souldonut Posts: 6
    It happened to me on the Under the Sea node. I killed the first teisatsu with a match-3, and he fired off Turn to Smoke, as he should. I killed the second one with a match-5, and Turn to Smoke proc'd 5 times. Fortunately, I had almost enough AP saved up so I only took one hit from all of the attack tiles in the second wave, but still. It was annoying.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

We have isolated the issue and put in a fix for it for the next Release (R77).

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Malcrof
    Hey all,

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the heads up... any idea how we should handle wave 1 of the Big Enchilada tomorrow? It is one of the most anticipated covers in a long while.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

And this is where you live-tune the upcoming event schedule and Deadpool's daily quests to avoid spawning any Hand enemies until R77 is launched.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just played the 1* daily quest node, which included a teiatsu (sp? The one with turn to smoke).

I finished the match by killing the Turn-to-smoke ninja with a juggs green power.

The tile destruction damage alone was enough to drop the enemy. Then I got a decent cascade, getting 12 or 15 ap.

Turn to Smoke then triggered 4 or 5 times. I must have had 12+ attack tiles on the board.

This shouldn't be a problem in normal matches, but survival nodes might be problematic.

(details:
    I.D: vhailorx
    Build: r76
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

Why... Why did you not run tests and verify that the previous bug was properly fixed... What...
    And now we're stuck with this for like, 2 weeks?

Wouldn't this obvious bug not be discovered during testing?
    Not trying to be insulting but... wow.
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Wow! In today's DDQ (5/21/15) in Wave 1 of the Big Enchilada, I downed the first Teisatsu which triggered his Turn To Smoke once, but when I downed the second Teisatsu with a tile match, the board cascaded resulting in it triggering 9 times! Fortunately with the help of Falcon's multiple shields I was able to complete the mission, but barely. Two more weeks of this till a fix? That just isn't right. My friends don't have characters strong like mine to complete today's DDQ. Please try to get the patch done sooner. Thank you!
  • Philly79
    Same as above, down the first one, TTS triggered as normal, downed that last one and it triggered twice, luckily. Fortunately for me, the tiles spawned in somewhat decent locations so I was able to clear them without much trouble and I snagged my Blade cover. As mentioned above, this should have been caught during testing. As Anthony mentioned the reason behind it, that is the best strategy to down them guys so I don't see how it was missed...either way thanks for addressing it in a timely fashion...now for a quick turn around on the patch....
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Same story here. took out the two teisatsus and got hit with what seemed like 8 or 9 TTS. they didn't all happen at once, but TTS activated twice after what seemed liked each of my turns.

I pretty much knew something was wrong after the second or third time it happened, and I knew I was screwed. but I kept going just to see if I could pick up on a pattern.

I guess I won't be getting my greenflag.png blade cover today. or for that matter, any cover on any day that teisatsus are in the lineup.

D3, can you please at least deactivate teisatsus until this bug is fixed in a patch???? I mean, I hated ninjas even before this bug, but at this point, the TTS bug makes them insurmountable for lower level players.

I'm a long time lurker here, and never registered - but this bug really pissed me off enough to make this post. this is garbage.