Turn to smoke bug

Comments

• Don't know if this is related out not, but had new issue. Stormneto with Hawkeye, third round of the Big Enchilada. Four Speed Shot tiles on board, with "1" turn left on each. Cast Magnetic Flux with "1" turn countdown, it appears in middle of board. Next turn, Speed Shot in upper left corner goes off, Magnetic Flux is next on board, and it destroys Speed Shot nearby. The two remaining Speed Shots do not trigger this turn. They both still showed "1" on timer. Both trigger like normal on the next turn.

Also having the issues with frozen ninja Turn To Smoke, but this was different.
  • Hey all,

We have isolated the issue and put in a fix for it for the next Release (R77).

The issue happens when any character that plays an ability when downing an enemy. When a match is done after the enemy is downed, it triggers it again. So if you do 3 matches in a cascade after defeating Teisatsu, that will trigger the ability 4 times (one for killing, 3 for every addition cascade match).

This fix unfortunately requires a game code fix and will have to wait for a proper release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I noticed the same. But I also noticed that if the Teisatsu is downed while stunned, he still turns to smoke? Is that right?? Before this update, when I stunned and downed, the TTS does not activate. Is this also a bug? Or did something change?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fairly sure the "stunned + still generate attack tiles" is a bug. The bug that happens is that no matter what you do, any action will trigger turn to smoke once when you down them (skill, match damage, cascades) and it can trigger multiple times.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I noticed the same. But I also noticed that if the Teisatsu is downed while stunned, he still turns to smoke? Is that right?? Before this update, when I stunned and downed, the TTS does not activate. Is this also a bug? Or did something change?

I noticed this with Ambush on Daredevil.

I intentionally stunned him so that his trap tile could be exposed while he was unconscious.

Totally still blew up for full damage.

How is he ambushing me when he's stunned?
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    Fairly sure the "stunned + still generate attack tiles" is a bug. The bug that happens is that no matter what you do, any action will trigger turn to smoke once when you down them (skill, match damage, cascades) and it can trigger multiple times.

Yeah I just tried again becasue someone had suggested using Falcon and it seemed sound. But then I had a massive cascade. I watched the ENTIRE screen turn to little fist like storm had visited.... twice. eattack.pngeattack.pngeattack.pngeattack.pngeattack.pngeattack.pngeattack.pngicon_evil.gif
  • Buret0 wrote:

I noticed this with Ambush on Daredevil.

I intentionally stunned him so that his trap tile could be exposed while he was unconscious.

Totally still blew up for full damage.

How is he ambushing me when he's stunned?

Exactly. I don't think this "fix" was run through QA. Stunned characters should not be able to fire abilities, passive or otherwise. icon_evil.gif
  • Also hit by a bug, tho mine doesn't match with what I'm seeing in this thread.

Kill a teiatsu. He turns to smoke, ok fine, whatever. Attack the next guy. Any damage ability that hits the enemy team will trigger at least one turn to smoke off each downed teiatsu. It's pretty trivial to end up with a board that looks like an enemy Storm went to town with Hailstorm. And if your team happens to be below half health and you have Classic Storm on your team? It gets worse, because you end up with every enemy attack tile triggering Storm's retaliation ability, so then the dead teiatsu will each fire turn to smoke in response.

I could care less about the cascades or the Turn to smoke firing when stunned. But turn to smoke off downed ninjas is not ok. Having it go off multiple times per turn per downed ninja is just cruel.
  • I've been completely slaughtered by this bug today on PC (though not on my separate iOS user - go figure!). In The Big Enchilada wave 1, two Teisatsu down = two lots of extra attack tiles every turn as Turn to Smoke continued to trigger twice every turn. My 2-star team was pounded to pulp under a remorseless wave of attack tiles so I have no chance of getting the Daken green cover that should have been mine, let alone the extra 2,000 ISO-8. Needless to say I am not best pleased !!
  • I've pounded my head against this as well, no way to get the blade green cover with this bug. I submitted a ticket.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    If possible - take down the muscle first, then get both ninjas down to minimal health and take them both down consecutively. My experience is that they stop generating tiles after you move to the next round, so don't kill them until you're almost there. You'll still have 9-12 tiles to worry about probably, but it is survivable.
  • After 10-15+ Health Packs through out the day and Half my roster dead....

I finally got it done. I used Loki/GSBW/BP

I hoarded blackflag.png and let the goons strike tiles for 409 hit the board and then turned all of them into protect.png tiles using Loki. I had 1636 in protection for the whole rest of the match. Still was taking damage, but got thru to the end stage and fired off BP yellowflag.png 3x in a row, then GSBW greenflag.png followed by GSBW purpleflag.png and then another GSBW greenflag.png
  • gruffbear
    gruffbear Posts: 23
    Yeah, getting tired of these bugs. I'm missing out on thousands of ISO8, two Taco Tokens, and a (very needed) green Blade cover in today's DDQ. And they won't make it up to anyone.
  • gruffbear wrote:
    Yeah, getting tired of these bugs. I'm missing out on thousands of ISO8, two Taco Tokens, and a (very needed) green Blade cover in today's DDQ. And they won't make it up to anyone.

You can put in for a ticket. Chances are they will give out the tokens and green cover to those who missed it. Especially since they have acknowledged that they know that the bug exist.

You can put in a ticket HERE
  • I was playing the deadpool challenge trying to get blade's green move and I noticed that the teisatsu were activating their turn to smoke move more than once. This occurred every time hawkeye's speed shot tiles would activate. It seems to be that as many times as they are hit is how many times the move activates. My level 94, full health, captain america was downed in a turn because of all the attack tiles spawned
  • This is also happening to me. I kill the teasatsu guys (sorry about spelling) and then stun muscle but the turn to smoke tiles keep popping up and take my team down by the end of the first round. This has to be a glitch and there's no way I can get my blade cover like this.
  • There's another post about this and there's a link to put in a ticket for it.
  • I've ran into this problem as well extremely annoying I knock out one of them and it triggers then I target the muscle using Thor's green ability and it activates even though the other "ninja" still has full health. Hopefully the devs get this fixed before these guys show up in another Deadpool round.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    While I barely, BARELY hear the Big Enchilada by the skin of my teeth, this issue with the Tetsiatsu is quite unbearable. It's not all that kool that we have to wait another two weeks for an update, unless it can be tweaked to remove these foes until said update is implemented.
  • Right, so I've worked out what's happening, and why it so badly affects a team with Storm in it. They introduced a change where the attack tiles trigger after the board has settled. That means it's *after* the Teisatsu is downed. It seems though that they forgot to stop it from triggering more than once. So if you have a cascade that downs the Tseisatsu and then hits him several more times, that will be several triggers of Turn to Smoke. Worse, in a team with Storm, the attack tiles then trigger Raging Tempest each turn for the remainder of the (very short!) game. This hits the downed Teisatsu along with the rest of the team, triggering Turn to Smoke yet again - and if your team all get hit by a power, that's several triggers of Raging Tempest and - you guessed it - yet more rounds of attack tiles from the downed Teisatsu. Shortly afterwards your team is down, drowned by a sea of attack tiles.
    That experimenting cost me whatever slim chance I had of getting through the match so I'm now down one Blade green cover and 2,000 ISO-8. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Are there any Turn To Bugs in Simulator?