Anyone ever been able to cover a Top Tier character, first?

Comments

• safaridan
    safaridan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    My first 3* was cap, mostly through lucky token pulls until the last couple covers. Used him so much it almost feels unfaithful when I don't. Got him at 4/5/4 and can never get that last blue cover. Can't wait for this DDQ to get that last blue.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first fully covered 3* was Spidey, back in his stunlock of doom glory days. I never maxed him, though.

First fully covered and maxed 3* was either Patch or Punisher, I can't recall, with lThor and Hulk following close behind.

First fully covered 4* was Invisible Woman.
  • My first maxed character on optimal build was Patch, and shortly after I leveled him to 166 to help on PvP. Im pretty sure this make me transition better on early levels, even tho Im not done with transition I now have some max covered 3*s and can even skip events because I dont need ALL covers on everyone.
  • Ardom
    Ardom Posts: 18
    I maxed Sentry (pre nerf), then Hood, Patch, Daken.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    My only max cover 3* is the Hood (5/4/4), just need one more blue cover to make him useful. It seems like he never steals anything with only 4 covers.

GSBW (3/4/5) is my next closest at 12 covers. She's not really considered top tier anymore (not because she got nerfed, but because there are so many better choices now).
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Covered LThor first, then LCap, then Black Panther. Initially, when I was transitioning, it looked like it was going to be Punisher and Colossus, but I chalked up a string of PvE wins resulting in those three.
  • MY first character with 13 covers was Psylocke.

star.pngstar.png Thor and OBW not far after.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    I've been playing for just over 250 days now so when I joined there was already a good diversity of characters available that could've been my luck of the draw kind of thing & talking strictly star.pngstar.pngstar.png my very first fully covered character was icon_blade.png which I personally consider to be high tier or close enough to it to be very relevant.

I was able to basically build my star.pngstar.pngstar.png transition around that character so that was a very good one to get fully covered before any others! icon_cool.gif

Thank the Blade! icon_mrgreen.gif

EDIT: Actually, icon_blade.png helped me in more ways than one...I joined my current alliance (Ampersand) around Season VII because I had an amazing PvE score on the event that Blade was released & wanted to get an extra cover while the team needed some help to fortify their alliance ranking & I've been with them ever since which was a major help in fast tracking my roster growth! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Carnage_78 wrote:
    I've been playing for just over 250 days now so when I joined there was already a good diversity of characters available that could've been my luck of the draw kind of thing & talking strictly star.pngstar.pngstar.png my very first fully covered character was icon_blade.png which I personally consider to be high tier or close enough to it to be very relevant.

I was able to basically build my star.pngstar.pngstar.png transition around that character so that was a very good one to get fully covered before any others! icon_cool.gif

Thank the Blade! icon_mrgreen.gif

EDIT: Actually, icon_blade.png helped me in more ways than one...I joined my current alliance (Ampersand) around Season XII because I had an amazing PvE score on the event that Blade was released & wanted to get an extra cover while the team needed some help to fortify their alliance ranking & I've been with them ever since which was a major help in fast tracking my roster growth! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yup, icon_blade.png was my first fully covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png as well and he has been my saving grace ever since. icon_rocket.png came shortly after at 3/5/5(wasn't my preferred build at first, but tried it out and love it icon_e_biggrin.gif), followed by icon_loki.png(awkwardly covered at 4/4/5 atm, but not complaining icon_lol.gif), and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.png(5/4/4, came out of nowhere tbh icon_eek.gif).
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Ceraphim wrote:
    Yup, icon_blade.png was my first fully covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png as well and he has been my saving grace ever since. icon_rocket.png came shortly after at 3/5/5(wasn't my preferred build at first, but tried it out and love it icon_e_biggrin.gif)
    Very similar paths as icon_rocket.png (at 1 yellowflag.png 5 greenflag.png 5 blueflag.png) was not too far behind for me as well & I teamed it up with icon_blade.png to begin my star.pngstar.pngstar.png transition... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Staals
    Staals Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I got my Hood fully covered first, then Thor and Mohawk. Soon after folowed by Luke Cage and Loki (after boost). So except for Mohawk I guess I've been pretty lucky. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    My first 13-cover character was Deadpool (already with the best build 5/5/3).
    The second one was Blade (5/5/3, now it's 4/5/4, still one green needed for the best build).
    Next was Spider-man and Patch.

So I think it is not so bad in my case icon_e_wink.gif
  • My first 3* was Patch, who was awesome back then, in january or february 2014, and still rocks today.

No idea on 2* or 1* characters.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Lerysh wrote:
    So between those 4 events, plus his release, plus his PvP you had a shot at 18 different covers for placement, and like 6 for progression rewards. Needless to say, a lot of people 13 covered him very quickly.

Okay.....seriously......that sounds SO amazing. You all have no right to complain about how "easy" the newer players have it, anymore. lol
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    First fully covered was Lthor (at 5/5/3, need some greeens!) 2nd was Kamala oddly enough at 4/4/5
  • Like many who joined around when I did, 3* Cap was my first maxed. Did well in PVE, did well in PVP, and was in an alliance of 20 people (which at the time was basically all you needed to be a top 100 alliance). Had a fully covered LCap and sold extra covers. That allowed me to chase down Patch covers and he was my second. Daken was the third. Rode Patch/Daken to tons of other stuff in PVP, and Cap still destroys PVE.

While Cap wasn't the best at the time, OBW still did real healing, so while not really fast enough to hop to great heights, he still let me hit above my weight in PVP.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    My first was star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png. I placed really well in his release PVE, then really well in the PVP that rewarded him. After that I bought the rest of the covers and leveled him up as far as I could. He was also my first maxed 3* followed very quickly by star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png.

I follow in the shadow of The Legend.

Pull up a chair, let me tell you a tale. Way back when, Juggernaut Heroic had "easy" and "hard" modes, each with their own placement rewards. After Captain America was released, and had his inagural PvP and 3* Thor was released, they ran Juggernaut Heroic back to back, with what was supposed to be Cap rewards and then Thor rewards. Something got crossed up and all 4 events (easy and hard x2) gave cap rewards. So between those 4 events, plus his release, plus his PvP you had a shot at 18 different covers for placement, and like 6 for progression rewards. Needless to say, a lot of people 13 covered him very quickly.

Cap was my first level 166 and I have not looked back since. He is pretty great at PvE and so I progressed quickly with Punisher following next to 166 and those 2 started letting me place quite well in PvP at the time. This is when top 10 got you 3 covers still. I think I may have gotten BP third, can't recall exact order now, but Cap/Pun was the cornerstone on which my roster was built.

I feel for people who's first 13 cover hero is Storm. Or Quicksilver (which is totally possible recently given how many they handed out). It's too bad single characters can't stand alone in a balanced universe but sad fact is some characters are Aces and some are not so good.
    Man you thought the cap covers were raining down? Let me tell you about the patch release tourney....
    I was lazy and just did like top 5 for a lot of the subs and still had almost enough to fully cover a 2nd one.

But my first max covered guy was rags, bought red 2 and 3, but after that, it was just a matter of getting lucky and abusing AP alls on the LRs to max cover him
  • I've heard the Patch release was super crazy. Sadly I'm not that much of an old timer.
  • Imatchthree
    Imatchthree Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    First was spidey during his hayday bluetile.pngbluetile.png stun!. Best hero that one can have. The next must have been punisher or patch. Soon after cmags
  • my first maxed out 3* was Psylocke and that was soon followed by Panther. I had quite a lot of 3* hovering around a similar level and then (sensing that x-force was going to get buffed), decided to completely focus on him and maxed him out just as he became amazing. ahhh the good old days.