Thoughts of Frustration from The HP Suck Guy

Comments

• MarCr wrote:
    I'm down the customer service rabbit hole atm. Its a 100% legit problem, but you start to wonder if anything is worth this hassle.

Edit: Maybe that's the point, mug people off long enough and hopefully they'll go away.
    Before this CS has been great. Now since every customer "deserves something" D3 has become tight-lipped and tight-pursed.

-I am not the only person:
    (Look at the last 5 posts for Slidecage's situation) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29132
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29623&p=358096&sid=b8f333b714446c390a8d069beb36ac58#p357991

-Let's not forget compensation is taking 2-3 weeks for those of us who aren't Ultron - my dad can get his car WORKED ON AND REPAIRED, be given a LOANER CAR in 2-3 days. If this was McDonalds, you'd have given up and maybe written a bad report about them or cursed them. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29615

-We have to have threads like this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29174 to find out what devs have said instead of them being easily found on facebook/twitter/an isolated thread etc.
    It looks like some players didn't even receive Ultron compensation yet: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29188

-Here are my attempts at trying to "talk" to customer service: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29190 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29297 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28945
    Re: Combined Arms/Earth's Mightiest Heroes compensation?
    Sent: Mon May 18, 2015 6:43 pm
    To: raisinbman

Hi rbman,

Thanks for the message. Because the Combined Arms issue was temporary, affected players equally and occurred in the Off-Season, it was decided that no compensation would be issued to players.

Other PVP Event-related compensation hasn't been ruled out and is still being investigated.

Thanks for your patience. Customer Support and the developers are still working through a large backlog of tickets and deciding on the best course of action for varying cases.

My best,

David
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Community Manager
    D3 Go!

I don't agree(I can't remember who the combined arms prize was, but I had planned to at least top 100), but at least maybe they're giving Earth's mightiest heroes comp?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    @the customer service queue thing; my understanding of this problem is with their software is if you send a reply, and we'll say you're now in 34th place in the queue and then tomorrow you go to check up on it and you e-mail them again, it treats this kind of like the original response is an old response and treats your new response, we all the relevant response, and you now get re-inserted into the queue, which will very likely lead you to be lower in the totem pole than you were before. Not necessarily that you can't reply to their e-mail to you.

I recently had an encounter with Customer Service about some account issues (non-related to Ultron or downtime), and while it took approximately a week to completely resolve the issue, I did receive an e-mail once a day from Customer Service with questions and confirmations up until it was actually solved.

I don't know if it has to do with the content of my query or what it was that made such a stark difference in service, but I've never had an encounter with Customer Service that was not pleasant (and this is before or after my status - not that they'd have any way of really knowing who I am). Maybe an e-mail once a day isn't optimal and maybe a week to resolve my issue isn't what I would choose if I could, but it was relatively painless, and when I compare it with practically every other customer service "service" I've ever had the unpleasant experience of working with....it's a much welcomed relationship.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just adding my experience with support, about two months ago I had an issue with a PVP score. Not a big one but I was screwed out of one 3* cover that I needed. I got the immediate response that they were looking into it. But after that just silence. I chose not to press the matter because I didn't think it was worth the hassle. Exactly a month after I pressed the ticket I got an email and a fair, even generous compensation. So I guess my point is that they are indeed slow but they get there.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Just adding my experience with support, about two months ago I had an issue with a PVP score. Not a big one but I was screwed out of one 3* cover that I needed. I got the immediate response that they were looking into it. But after that just silence. I chose not to press the matter because I didn't think it was worth the hassle. Exactly a month after I pressed the ticket I got an email and a fair, even generous compensation. So I guess my point is that they are indeed slow but they get there.

Same experience I had a few months ago, put a ticket in and basically forgot about it and a month later almost to the day got a response along with compensation for a PVP event (pre shield CD), got FB login error and couldn't log in for 10 minutes which ended my shield hop and any chance at a top 5 finish.
  • GothicKratos
    I can actually, also, probably shed some light on the seeming coincidence on the 30-day mark - judging by past experiences they get an automated reminder at the 30-day mark, prompting them to close the open ticket, so it is likely it was somehow overlooked and they got a friendly little pop-up and bam.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can actually, also, probably shed some light on the seeming coincidence on the 30-day mark - judging by past experiences they get an automated reminder at the 30-day mark, prompting them to close the open ticket, so it is likely it was somehow overlooked and they got a friendly little pop-up and bam.

Or they may just be that overworked. I shudder to think how many tickets are created every day in a game played by dozens of thousands.
  • GothicKratos
    Pylgrim wrote:

Or they may just be that overworked. I shudder to think how many tickets are created every day in a game played by dozens of thousands.

I wasn't trying to imply anything negative, I was just saying that in my experiences, I've gotten automated responses telling me my ticket had been open open for 30 days, so I assume they do too.
  • bknfoodie
    bknfoodie Posts: 53
    We are getting off-topic. Also, Who unstickied the most relevant discussion on the entire board?
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keeping the convo going here.... trying to keep it positive and moving along
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I think that the problem with scaling is that by necessity, it has too many moving parts, and accounts for too many variables in attempts to make things fair for everybody, but its own complexity also makes it prone to get messed up.
    Totally agree the problem at hand really doesn't need to be. I'm not saying that scaling was ever "right" at any point, but it certainly has been "better" previously. But it seems like they chose to continue trying to tweak, tweak and tweak some more that it eventually just go so tangled up that you can't see where the problem even is anymore.
    simonsez wrote:
    How 'bout something simpler: let the devs play one of these overbuffed nodes with a 4* roster, and then honestly ask themselves the question, "Is this the kind of difficulty we should be serving up to someone trying to clear this node 4-5 times during a final grind?"
    Absolutely agree with this. Part of what I meant by play testing. It is unlikely that they really experience the game like many of us do, and the apparent pitfalls if you play often and/or place well, etc.
    simonsez wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I have to say that I don't think that I'd mind a 390 node with 270 4hor/Prof. X/IMHB.
    Well, a lv395 juggs has around 30k health and does over 9k damage per headbutt. Sure you can try to deny red all you want, and maybe you will, but then he'll just get green and cascade his way into red; or Ares will use the green and yellow and one-shot someone with an Onslaught/Sunder combo.

I'm not saying you can't beat lv395s, but the team you proposed would get slaughtered, unless you luck into a boatload of blue and keep everyone permastunned, which is not something you're going to see much of, post-nerf. You can only win these kinds of nodes with a fast lockdown team, not with a couple of slow tanks. Which is pretty much my point... basing scaling on the roster presence of 4hor, HB, Elektra, Starlord, IW, whoever, is silly because you wouldn't want to use a team of characters like this on a node like this.
    Agreed with simon here for sure. Yes, you CAN beat 395's - but it's certainly not easy, and to do it repeatedly for a final grind is problematic at best. Point being, it should never be that hard.

And I'll note something as I've seen many on here going back and forth about what causes high scaling like that. I'm not sure anyone has actually figured out why some people get high scaling, yet others do not. But, the very first time I got 395 level nodes was during the Hunt event, right after they changed the maxed level for scaling. At that point, my highest level character was a 115 Human Torch. Go figure.
    @the customer service queue thing; my understanding of this problem is with their software is if you send a reply, and we'll say you're now in 34th place in the queue and then tomorrow you go to check up on it and you e-mail them again, it treats this kind of like the original response is an old response and treats your new response, we all the relevant response, and you now get re-inserted into the queue, which will very likely lead you to be lower in the totem pole than you were before. Not necessarily that you can't reply to their e-mail to you.

I recently had an encounter with Customer Service about some account issues (non-related to Ultron or downtime), and while it took approximately a week to completely resolve the issue, I did receive an e-mail once a day from Customer Service with questions and confirmations up until it was actually solved.

I don't know if it has to do with the content of my query or what it was that made such a stark difference in service, but I've never had an encounter with Customer Service that was not pleasant (and this is before or after my status - not that they'd have any way of really knowing who I am). Maybe an e-mail once a day isn't optimal and maybe a week to resolve my issue isn't what I would choose if I could, but it was relatively painless, and when I compare it with practically every other customer service "service" I've ever had the unpleasant experience of working with....it's a much welcomed relationship.
    I get the issue regarding their software, that's not my true point about it. Yes, there are a lot of people playing the game - meaning there are a lot of tickets being put in. I understand that. But that doesn't mean that they can simply take their time responding to true support requests, and/or constantly run people around stalling for time.

Just the fact they tell people "if you reply, your ticket will get bumped to the bottom of the queue" and "we typically respond to support requests within 72 hours". The latter is simply not true, at least 99% of the time. That's been made pretty obvious here by many posters on this forum. But to tell a customer that they're request, regardless of how important it may be, would get pushed back to the bottom of the queue, just because they respond the ticket... that's ridiculous.

And yes... look at me and my long winded, long running sentences. lol.
  • GothicKratos
    daveomite wrote:
    I get the issue regarding their software, that's not my true point about it. Yes, there are a lot of people playing the game - meaning there are a lot of tickets being put in. I understand that. But that doesn't mean that they can simply take their time responding to true support requests, and/or constantly run people around stalling for time.

Just the fact they tell people "if you reply, your ticket will get bumped to the bottom of the queue" and "we typically respond to support requests within 72 hours". The latter is simply not true, at least 99% of the time. That's been made pretty obvious here by many posters on this forum. But to tell a customer that they're request, regardless of how important it may be, would get pushed back to the bottom of the queue, just because they respond the ticket... that's ridiculous.

I think a lot of people are misconstruing their (admittedly poorly worded/handled) statements, which is why I tried to elaborate.

It's not that if you respond to your customer service representative you're going to be screwed.

It's that if you send /e-mail a/, and we'll say this lands you into spot 34 in the queue. At this point, in a normal interaction, your customer service rep would respond, and then you'd respond back, et al.

However, if at this point, before your rep responds back to you, you choose to send /e-mail b/, something about how their software handles incoming e-mails causes you to be placed into a new slot in the queue, likely causing you to drop down lowed into the queue than you were before. This is automatic. It's their software. It;s not them and it's not malicious.

Also, not to nitpick, but, "we typically respond to support requests within 72 hours", is pretty accurate from most stories I've heard. Responding to a request is not solving it.
  • daveomite
    It's not that if you respond to your customer service representative you're going to be screwed.

It's that if you send /e-mail a/, and we'll say this lands you into spot 34 in the queue. At this point, in a normal interaction, your customer service rep would respond, and then you'd respond back, et al.

However, if at this point, before your rep responds back to you, you choose to send /e-mail b/, something about how their software handles incoming e-mails causes you to be placed into a new slot in the queue, likely causing you to drop down lowed into the queue than you were before. This is automatic. It's their software. It;s not them and it's not malicious.

Also, not to nitpick, but, "we typically respond to support requests within 72 hours", is pretty accurate from most stories I've heard. Responding to a request is not solving it.
    I am aware of that. I actually deal with tech and lines of code daily in my business. I get it. I'm not questioning the technology. I'm questioning how they use it and/or blame it for poor customer service experiences.

And true, they do respond within 72 hours with a automated reply - that's not what I mean. For whatever reason in this case, it just may not be the absolute best example of their CS. It may actually be stellar and I just don't see that or get that.
  • daveomite wrote:
    It's been a long time since I've had much to say of any consequence here on the forum. Not that anything I've ever said really mattered that much, I was just more vocal previously. But, I've been thinking a lot on a lot of things about the game and really wanted to get them all out here.

For those that do not know me, I'm a long time daily player. I've been a commander of S.H.I.E.L.D, launched the Fallout alliance, played with Deadpools Tacos, then helped to rebuild a few teams since I've been playing, DPRises and SoyGreen included. Now, I'm actually with X2 in game. I was playing and on this forum before Seasons started and can remember a different time in the game. Beyond that, many may know of me because of the HP Sucks series that I create. (and thank you to everyone on here, facebook, etc who have thumbed up and/or commented - I am honored and greatly appreciate it!)

The purpose of this posting is something I've been really thinking a lot about lately. Frustrations. The issue is, the amount of frustrations are growing, not decreasing. That's not good.

Point blank, I love this game. Actually, I USED to love it. Now, it's more about the community than the game itself for me. You may think that doesn't really matter, but it does to me. I admit, I do tend to get bored of a game from time to time. But with MPQ, it's not about boredom. I'm not bored of the game, I've just have grown to dislike many aspects of it.

I started playing this game because I'm a fan of Marvel, of comics, of various characters, and because it was a match game. However, I don't play this game because of the amount of characters in it, the constant new releases, or the art of said characters. It's nice to have, but not the reason I continue to play to this day.

Due to that, I have put in a considerable amount of time, even money, into this game. I have long believed that if you enjoy playing a game or an app, it always helps to support it - either with your time, your dedication, your loyalty and even financially as well. Running any business is hard, expensive, stressful and can be riddled with complications. I know this first hand as I started my own company in 2003 and have run it since, not to mention before that, 15+ years working in my career, a great deal of which was in management.

However, knowing how much time I have put into this game, and the amount of money that I'm sure is most likely the most I have ever spent on any game... yet, I still sit here, waiting for replies to tickets regarding what I feel is ISO and HP due to me, covers due to me, ISO/HP due to the alliance I play with about something that happened weeks ago now. The last reply from support was on April 28th and remains unresolved. I've sent other messages about it - still, no response. Why?

Further - things like the Ultron event. I was on a team of various xmen, and together, we all finished round 7 - then some went to our original alliances to try helping them finish round 7 as well. However, I did not get the so-called "compensation" of the Ultron 10 pack, like others who did complete Round 7 got. Has anyone from D3/Demiurge bothered to investigate and make sure everyone who actually finished round 7 actually got said compensation? Apparently not, as I know for a fact that I am not the only one who did not receive it.

I normally let most frustrations from the game slide as - it's just a game. I choose to play this, I'm not forced to. However, when I know that I have invested this much time and effort into something, not to mention my own money, it gets beyond the point of aggravating to be ignored about things so trivial overall.

Considering all of the changes to the game, I've already been backing further and further away from the game out of disappointment. But I remain, not for me, but for the people I know and the people I play with. Even when I really don't even want to play, I still do as I know others count on me. I continue as I actually enjoy talking with others in the game and in the various chats - and I enjoy being able to occasionally apply what I actually do in real life by creating the HP Suck parody type graphics from time to time.

But that's not enough for me to stick around forever, or to continue dumping even more time and money. I need responses. I need solutions. I do not need, nor appreciate, being ignored.

Already, given all of the changes, some of which I like, many of which I don't - it's amazingly more expensive and time consuming to play and/or compete than it ever was before.
      Shield Cooldowns that really weren't needed in the first place
      Glitches with shields not letting you buy them
      Snipers who can hit you from practically 0 when you're above 1k
      Even boosts got nerfed "because people thought it was cheating"... against who? The AI?
      The AI has incredible odds stacked in it's favor - constantly.
      Scaling in PvE. Must I go on. Even after 4thor and XF are nerfed, my Business Partners in the last PvE was 395, just like it's been as far back as I can remember. Whatever reason you claim that it's like that, I call ****.
      Mysterious multiple concurrent brackets in a particular shard in PvE
      More often than not, an overwhelming barrage of concurrent events all happening at the same time.
      Complete meltdown of servers and connectivity in major event launches, like Ultron and others.
      Complete removal of tanking, or any means to reduce what enemies you have to face at the start of events
      The fact that now, you MUST start something at the very beginning, even if it's not convenient time, because that is the ONLY way you can hope to find maybe 3 seed teams. Otherwise, maxed teams from 0.
      Is there rubber banding or not? I could swear the answer is no, but surprisingly, still seems to pop it's head in at random times and people fly buy you - even though you completely lose sleep to hit each refresh religiously.
      Constant nerfing of characters that you pushed down our throats as necessary to have and to level.
      This list could go on quite a bit longer... but I digress

The nerfs are like clockwork now. cMags and Patch were a big team back in the day - nerfed, and Sentry released. Sentry and Hood become a force in PvP... Sentry gets nerfed and Hood changed... but, xForce "buffed". Major rush by people to either get covers or to finally dump ISO into what was known as a poorly built character - because now he was going to be king. Then, 4Thor released - instantly people spotted that 4Thor/XF would be a dominate team. What happens? Both nerfed. Prof X was nerfed before release even. IF nerfed after release. Now, characters like Kingpin and Hulkbuster - how long do you really think it will be until they get smacked down by the nerf hammer? And yes... I know, I know... it's all done for "balance". The smart play though would have been to ensure things were balanced from inception.

All of it is classic bait and switch. I know others on this very forum have said pretty much the same thing. "Hey, you really want this! It will be so awesome!" - so, you buy into it and collect it all, so happy with your accomplishment, then they tell you that you can't have it anymore but "Oh, we have something new you can have now!" - again, meaning you have to collect everything up again and buy into it to. That chain of events will never stop here, they've made that abundantly clear.

But, none of this is directly why I am posting here now. The point is, I've been loyal. I've been dedicated. But I've grown tired of the ****, push backs and non responses from the lauded support team. I am completely aware, that my situation may have fell between the cracks given the recent change to D3P, now D3Go. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in that. This does not mean I'm quitting, leaving my alliance, uninstalling the game, or anything of the sort.

However, whatever happens from this point forward will help forge all of my decisions moving forward in this game, how I play, when I play, and what I'm willing to invest.

You may think having a high turnover of customers is good because it keeps bringing in more and more "fresh blood". But ignoring the players out there who have been loyal to you all of this time, supported you, talked about you and this game - this has been one hell of an eye-opener to me and will not be forgotten, nor be taken lightly. And obviously, I'm not the only one who feels this way at this point. Just look at the many high caliber players and dedicated posters to the forum that have just disappeared.

Your move guys. Remember - your boosts are nerfed too.

As a player who has sort of come back extremely casually, i just wanted to give you a thumbs up for this post, but since i can't seem to find my login password for this site, and the tech support don't seem to want to respond to tickets or e-mails, i can only reply here and say; Very Well Said!!!
  • daveomite
    NakedPimp wrote:
    As a player who has sort of come back extremely casually, i just wanted to give you a thumbs up for this post, but since i can't seem to find my login password for this site, and the tech support don't seem to want to respond to tickets or e-mails, i can only reply here and say; Very Well Said!!!
    Thanks very much! I appreciate it. Sorry if you've been having issues too there... lol
  • GothicKratos
    Their service is absolutely not stellar across the board, definitely not. I'm only trying to speak on this particular line of speech, which I see a lot.

What I was driving at was that the ideology that "but to tell a customer that they're request, regardless of how important it may be, would get pushed back to the bottom of the queue, just because they respond the ticket... that's ridiculous" is maybe a little overzealous.

It feels like to me that, not necessarily you personally, but plenty of people, think that this is some scheme to keep them from pestering them and it's not. It's a software limitation.

You know why they started telling people that - it hasn't always been a policy to make that statement - because a large group of people started encouraging players by mass to constantly e-mail Customer Service and badger them into doing what they wanted them to do. I saw it on the forums, I saw it on Line, I saw it on Facebook.

HiFi had to make a post about it even, which is when he let us know about that shortcoming in their software and when that statement started getting issued to players.

They're not saying "stop spamming us or we'll screw you over", they're issuing you a warning that you're screwing yourself over by proxy of their software limitations. I think they need a new way of phrasing, that all being said.

I know there is some **** cases floating around out there. I was just talking to someone on Line whom has had their case open for a whole month. That's freaking insane. There's rarely an excuse for something like that.

However, there seems to be some serious kneejerk reactions to that specific statement. I'm just trying to clear the air with that, because if we can be more patient with them, they can do their job better (and that's not to say we're the/a problem, but the fact is if we're constantly bugging them about "hey is my **** done yet!" they have to waste time reading and/or responding to your post with a response that's just going to annoy you anyways, because if it was done you'd know).
  • daveomite
    I know there is some tinykitty cases floating around out there. I was just talking to someone on Line whom has had their case open for a whole month. That's freaking insane. There's rarely an excuse for something like that.
    I sent in my ticket, so my "case" started on April 22. There were several emails sent by me that day, and I only received the generic "your ticket has been escalated" message. The reply I finally got from them was on April 28th, but only after I spoke with HiFi asking him about it over PM here on the forum approx 20-30 minutes beforehand.

I did not hear anything further until I created yet another ticket, on May 13th, in which I referenced the open ticket's #. I never got any reply to new ticket at all, but did, out of the blue, finally get a reply to my open ticket on May 18th. That is where they asked me "didn't you get our reply on April 28th?" which was a generic type of "being investigated" message.

It's now May 20th. Only 2 days away from being a "whole month".

Also of note here, this thread. Started last Tuesday, May 12th. Zero response from them.

Normally, I never even expect replies to things I post on the forum, but this particular thread seems to garner quite a bit of traffic, upvotes and comments faster than I think I've seen. Obviously, it triggered something that I wasn't expecting.

Has there been any response? No. Do I expect dev response to everything posted on the forum? No. But in this case, maybe they need to.

However, I am not meaning this is all just about me here. Yes, the ticket issue I'm addressing here is my own - but, I know others have had and/or are having similar issues. This thread isn't really just about the ticket alone either obviously, but is what was one of the driving forces to me finally saying something about everything.
    What I was driving at was that the ideology that "but to tell a customer that they're request, regardless of how important it may be, would get pushed back to the bottom of the queue, just because they respond the ticket... that's ridiculous" is maybe a little overzealous.
    I not really sure that it is at all, but understand your point. I happen to have run a business for almost 12 years now, and worked in the broadcast industry for 15+ years previous dealing with people constantly. Customer Service, like it or not, is a critical part of how potential/current and former customers/clients view a business. In a lot of cases, it issues wind up being more about a customer's experiences (or their perceived experiences) with a CS rep than the actual product or service itself.

I am not saying that MY own issue warrants a "freak out" session, but, it illustrates a very real issue for the entire community. If people feel like their issues are not getting addressed, that's not good. If people feel like some get taken care of while they don't, that's so not good either. This is similar to what I said in your own thread - they can fix that, but in the meantime, if things fall through the cracks, people get upset and possibly give up. That's not good for the overall health of the game or the community as a whole.
  • GothicKratos
    Apologizes for taking so long to get back to ya! It's been a busy week for me. icon_lol.gif
    daveomite wrote:
    I know there is some tinykitty cases floating around out there. I was just talking to someone on Line whom has had their case open for a whole month. That's freaking insane. There's rarely an excuse for something like that.
    I sent in my ticket, so my "case" started on April 22. There were several emails sent by me that day, and I only received the generic "your ticket has been escalated" message. The reply I finally got from them was on April 28th, but only after I spoke with HiFi asking him about it over PM here on the forum approx 20-30 minutes beforehand.

I did not hear anything further until I created yet another ticket, on May 13th, in which I referenced the open ticket's #. I never got any reply to new ticket at all, but did, out of the blue, finally get a reply to my open ticket on May 18th. That is where they asked me "didn't you get our reply on April 28th?" which was a generic type of "being investigated" message.

Also of note here, this thread. Started last Tuesday, May 12th. Zero response from them.

Normally, I never even expect replies to things I post on the forum, but this particular thread seems to garner quite a bit of traffic, upvotes and comments faster than I think I've seen. Obviously, it triggered something that I wasn't expecting.

Has there been any response? No. Do I expect dev response to everything posted on the forum? No. But in this case, maybe they need to.

However, I am not meaning this is all just about me here. Yes, the ticket issue I'm addressing here is my own - but, I know others have had and/or are having similar issues. This thread isn't really just about the ticket alone either obviously, but is what was one of the driving forces to me finally saying something about everything.

Like I said, their performance, on the customer service/ticket end hasn't been necessarily stellar, especially over, say, the last month? But I'd be willing to bet if you took the prior month and compared it, it would be a stark opposite.

Mostly though, I was just trying to address the complains about the inability to send multiple messages.

For your particular case, I would suggest dropping HiFi a message with your Ticket ID, I'm sure it just got lost in the mess of other tickets floating around form Ultron. Maybe it's not the optimal solution, but it is a solution. (Disclaimer: They're out of the office for the weekend, and at the start of the week the have a con, so I don't know how quickly it would be gotten to at this specific time.)

As for replying to your post, I mean, honestly, what're they supposed to say? Like, I'd love for them to just come out and say "yeah, this game isn't about the top 10% and it's not supposed to be an addiction, and yeah not all our choices are awesome but we make them for /x/ reasons", but I mean, I don't expect that from any company, and I'm more than happy with the communication we do get. I know that's just me personally, but just some food for though.

daveomite wrote:
    I not really sure that it is at all, but understand your point. I happen to have run a business for almost 12 years now, and worked in the broadcast industry for 15+ years previous dealing with people constantly. Customer Service, like it or not, is a critical part of how potential/current and former customers/clients view a business. In a lot of cases, it issues wind up being more about a customer's experiences (or their perceived experiences) with a CS rep than the actual product or service itself.

I am not saying that MY own issue warrants a "freak out" session, but, it illustrates a very real issue for the entire community. If people feel like their issues are not getting addressed, that's not good. If people feel like some get taken care of while they don't, that's so not good either. This is similar to what I said in your own thread - they can fix that, but in the meantime, if things fall through the cracks, people get upset and possibly give up. That's not good for the overall health of the game or the community as a whole.

I probably shouldn't have quoted you specifically, because I wasn't really speaking about you specifically, but that statement definitely echoed a lot of the same feelings I've read previously.

That being I said, I wholeheartedly agree that "customer service" a lot of the times is totally not about the product, but the experience with the product (or getting the product, etc). A bad experience can lose you a customer instantly. That being said, I don't think it's any more healthy to harp on a mistake (or even a series of mistakes, unless they're grave mistakes, or intentional). Some people aren't okay with vesting time until they work out the kinks, some people have already vested as much time as they are going, et al, but end of the day, especially in the case of their CS team, this is a bump in the road which has been pretty stellar since they hired new blood a awhile back, and I feel like a lot of people let other things sour that too much. As a customer, you don't have to be logical or forgiving, but it's certainly nice from a human to a human.

All that aside, realistically, we've devolved into a moral/ethical debate, so it's really a matter of opinions. I definitely agree there is a lot of places they need to improve on. I just believe the vast majority of users go about it in a much harsher manner than necessary.
  • daveomite
    Now, it's my turn to apologize for the tardy response, lol. I too have been slammed, to say the least.
    Apologizes for taking so long to get back to ya! It's been a busy week for me. icon_lol.gif
    daveomite wrote:

Like I said, their performance, on the customer service/ticket end hasn't been necessarily stellar, especially over, say, the last month? But I'd be willing to bet if you took the prior month and compared it, it would be a stark opposite.

Mostly though, I was just trying to address the complains about the inability to send multiple messages.

For your particular case, I would suggest dropping HiFi a message with your Ticket ID, I'm sure it just got lost in the mess of other tickets floating around form Ultron. Maybe it's not the optimal solution, but it is a solution. (Disclaimer: They're out of the office for the weekend, and at the start of the week the have a con, so I don't know how quickly it would be gotten to at this specific time.)

As for replying to your post, I mean, honestly, what're they supposed to say? Like, I'd love for them to just come out and say "yeah, this game isn't about the top 10% and it's not supposed to be an addiction, and yeah not all our choices are awesome but we make them for /x/ reasons", but I mean, I don't expect that from any company, and I'm more than happy with the communication we do get. I know that's just me personally, but just some food for though.
    This wasn't the first time, not even the second time that a ticket has hung out there for weeks on end with little to no reply. This was just the most recent case of it.

Regarding replying to the post: What are they supposed to say? Acknowledgement of the issue for starters. Complete disregard to a long time customer in this manner is basically a shove off. Push a thread back several pages and it becomes irrelevant in their mind apparently.

In this particular case, I finally did hear back on this ticket. Regardless, there was a lot more to my post than just a non-answered ticket. That's my point.
    daveomite wrote:

I probably shouldn't have quoted you specifically, because I wasn't really speaking about you specifically, but that statement definitely echoed a lot of the same feelings I've read previously.

That being I said, I wholeheartedly agree that "customer service" a lot of the times is totally not about the product, but the experience with the product (or getting the product, etc). A bad experience can lose you a customer instantly. That being said, I don't think it's any more healthy to harp on a mistake (or even a series of mistakes, unless they're grave mistakes, or intentional). Some people aren't okay with vesting time until they work out the kinks, some people have already vested as much time as they are going, et al, but end of the day, especially in the case of their CS team, this is a bump in the road which has been pretty stellar since they hired new blood a awhile back, and I feel like a lot of people let other things sour that too much. As a customer, you don't have to be logical or forgiving, but it's certainly nice from a human to a human.

All that aside, realistically, we've devolved into a moral/ethical debate, so it's really a matter of opinions. I definitely agree there is a lot of places they need to improve on. I just believe the vast majority of users go about it in a much harsher manner than necessary.
    As a human, I think I'm pretty decent. Lol. I'm a very, very patient person, and it's not like I often come to the forum to vent all of my various frustrations. But just because I post one thing doesn't mean that I'm harping on mistakes. To even suggest that I'm harping is ridiculous. My post wasn't "harping" - it's about real, underlying issues that continue to be ignored.

Yes, they have made strides since before with CS, but again, this thread isn't just about CS. Certain people have just chosen to harp on one point out of numerous points in the original posting.

But true, all I am as a customer is a bump in the road... a blip on the screen. That's really all any of us are apparently. No moral or ethical debate from me about any of it, I do agree some people are much harsher than I about a multitude of things. I'm just not that way.
  • Yet Dave, you are one of the hard core players in the game.

Why would they care about your complaints, if your behaviour doesn't change when they treat you like dirt ???

You know I love your work, sense of humour and everything. But seeing how hard core you can still be after all the sarcasms you have spread out on this forum, makes no sense to me.

Please explain.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Yet Dave, you are one of the hard core players in the game.

Why would they care about your complaints, if your behaviour doesn't change when they treat you like dirt ???

You know I love your work, sense of humour and everything. But seeing how hard core you can still be after all the sarcasms you have spread out on this forum, makes no sense to me.

Please explain.
    You're allowed to be critical of a work and enjoy it.

No explanation needed.
  • daveomite
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Yet Dave, you are one of the hard core players in the game.

Please explain.
    Funny you say and ask that, lol. I haven't played the game since the last season PvP. I know that's not a long time... yet. Of course, I could ask the same of you ark... haha.

The answer: my friends and teammates. That's what has always mattered most to me. If I can help achieve a goal, I will, even if I haven't always had fun doing it. I actually find myself having more fun chatting with players on LINE and here on the forum than I actually do playing the game at times.

Hope that answers it.