Thoughts of Frustration from The HP Suck Guy

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Mods! I think this post deserves a sticky. Almost 100 people in such a short time can't be wrong. :p

Thanks john... pretty sure there have been other threads with tons of thumbs up too... right? If they didn't get stickied, I don't see why mine would. But thanks for thinking so....
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Mods! I think this post deserves a sticky. Almost 100 people in such a short time can't be wrong. :p
    They changed event end times based on a poll with 82 responses! More people have upvoted this in probably a shorter amount of time than the poll ran. Not that I expect a response necessarily but it's certainly at least on their radar.
  • daveomite
    mohio wrote:
    They changed event end times based on a poll with 82 responses! More people have upvoted this in probably a shorter amount of time than the poll ran. Not that I expect a response necessarily but it's certainly at least on their radar.

I still can't believe it's gotten so many. thanks everyone.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:
    Considering Surgical Strike can one shot when intentionally paired with the right board colour manipulation, I really am not on board with the consensus that XF was "over" nerfed. Considering how good he can still be with the right teammates, I bet people are kicking themselves who cashed in on the sale.

Just his green was, and it was not by much. Another 200-500 points of damage would be fine. It's a small adjustment, and typically MPQ does not make small adjustments. I think anything more than 500 would be too much, but the current amount is not enough either.

For me at least, it's a debate of a few inches, nothing major. It just irks me if they are going to make such a big change (which it was) to one of the most popular characters, they should at least get it 100% right instead of 95-98% right.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    liy1e.jpg
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    Considering Surgical Strike can one shot when intentionally paired with the right board colour manipulation, I really am not on board with the consensus that XF was "over" nerfed. Considering how good he can still be with the right teammates, I bet people are kicking themselves who cashed in on the sale.

Just his green was, and it was not by much. Another 200-500 points of damage would be fine. It's a small adjustment, and typically MPQ does not make small adjustments. I think anything more than 500 would be too much, but the current amount is not enough either.

For me at least, it's a debate of a few inches, nothing major. It just irks me if they are going to make such a big change (which it was) to one of the most popular characters, they should at least get it 100% right instead of 95-98% right.
    His black was nerfed too. It generated AP, so it could feed other attacks.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:

I still disagree his green was over-nerfed. The only other tile destruction + damage that can compare to XForce now is R&G's, and it is still more expensive. You would also have to put 5 on Groot's green. While I think this build for him is a good idea, it seems most folks don't agree.

His green is fast, creates cascades and stings a bit. I am quite happy when I fight new XForce's who switched to 3 on green.

I also agree his black is top notch. It can be used to deny a color, or with patience/luck it can have the best damage/ap spent ratios in the game hands down.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    So many things said right in this post.
    There is strong wave of mounting frustration icon_evil.gif occurring with many of the veterans that play this game. Some things include:
    Bait and switch under the guise of game balance. icon_rolleyes.gif Some characters go from fun to suck after players invest in them. icon_mad.gif
    Increased hit points under the guise of game balance, this slow everything down and cost us health packs. icon_mad.gif
    A decrease in boosts under the guise of game balance, this slow things down and cost us health packs. icon_mad.gif
    An inability to engage easier teams under the guise of game balance, which means longer battles and of course costing us health packs. icon_mad.gif Basically, somebody with mostly two star rosters competes against many people in rankings and get high scores but are invisible to veterans, until they pass a certain level of points. (Then they get beat down hard)
    A pigeon holing of forcing veterans to use the boosted "featured" characters, because if they don't they get slaughtered. Some of us worked hard to create climbing teams, that can't be used anymore, because you are matched up against people with equal rosters, who see the climbing teams as easy pickings. icon_mad.gif
    Example, Player A creates a fully leveled 3 star patch and 3star daken teams, to climb before the MMR change and save health packs. Player A can't use this team anymore because he is facing teams that would destroy them. So Player A must burn health packs. icon_mad.gif
    The loss of fun due to facing tough teams right in the beginning. What is the point of working hard on rosters, if you get punished for doing so and can't even use most of those characters? icon_e_confused.gif
    Too many "necessary" characters being released too soon, not giving people time to disengage from the game for a period of time.
    An obvious unfair buy back process of nerfed characters that is insulting to most players.
    If you don't start a pvp event in the first minute or so, you don't get to face seed teams anymore and must face tough teams.
    "Lightning Wars" turned into "show up in the first minute or it sucks wars".
    An ability of players with literally no points, hitting players with 800+ points for painful hits in pvp.
    Scaling that punishes veterans in PVE who have to compete against people in rankings who will never see level 395 opponents.
    Customer service resolution issues are not always resolved in timely fashions or equally among players.
    Oh and the ever insulting "This to shall pass" defense.

There are some good things sure, invisible woman does not completely suck anymore (only took 500+days), dead pool dailies is nice. The prize rewards have been dropped for pvp. Some of the new characters are fun. An increase in ISO rewards. A decrease in some points lost due to being hit below a certain point value.
    These good things don't exactly mitigate the pain the veterans are facing.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Dave, did you PM this to the entire staff, yet? You truly should. And if ya don't want to, I'll do it for you.

I'd also like to post a link to this thread on the May Q&A thread. Or you can do it or GrumpySmurf can do it (he has a ton of upvotes in there, already). That way, it will FOR SURE be read........maybe. lol

:-/
  • daveomite
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Dave, did you PM this to the entire staff, yet? You truly should. And if ya don't want to, I'll do it for you.

I'd also like to post a link to this thread on the May Q&A thread. Or you can do it or GrumpySmurf can do it (he has a ton of upvotes in there, already). That way, it will FOR SURE be read........maybe. lol

:-/

Lol, no, I did not PM this to the staff or even mention it beyond posting here, mentioning on my facebook, and to the alliance. And I was just reading that thread before checking back here and noticed that Scoregasms had linked to it. I'm not they will pay any attention to it, or even most of the questions asked either here or there, but I do greatly appreciate the support over it and the gesture.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2015
    Dave, thanks for this. You've mirrored yet another person's thoughts. I've been thinking about posting my thoughts and frustrations for awhile; even typed up a couple drafts and scraped them both. I may still write it, but you said it better and more eloquently than I can.

I hope D3 will look seriously at the path they are taking. The game has become...unfun. I used to play all the time and enjoyed it. I looked forward to increasing my levels so I could overcome more powerful teams and rank higher. But every step forward has pushed the wall I am trying to surmount ever higher and makes the game more difficult, not less (as it should be). Essentially, D3 has created a mortal verison of the trials of Sisyphus and I am tired of moving the rock.
  • I read the OP minutes after it posted, before the first response showed up.

I remember thinking three things, first, "Wow, I thought I liked this guy before, but man..." and second, "It's pretty crazy how, in an environment that often seems artificially polarized between the "vets" and the "noobs," this guy is discussing things that I bet most everyone on the forum could relate to on some level, at some point," and third and finally, I wonder how this will be received by the masses...

I have my answer to the third contemplation, 109 times and rising.

I have my second answer, based on most of what I've read in this thread. The players ALL deserve to find enjoyment in MPQ. I mean, it's a game, right. The idea that it cannot possibly exist in a form that allows vets and noobs to enjoy it is laughable. If the answer continues to be either "balance more for the noobs" or "balance more for the vets," then the question must be wrong. DDQ proves this quite admirably. Noobs can learn, grow, and progress, while vets can fine-tune, continue to build, and adjust, all via the same mechanisms. I know I'm getting better as a player based on the simple metric of "parts of DDQ that I can finish." Simple. But I digress.

Finally, my first point. I was actually going to PM Daveomite, mostly because he doesn't strike me as a guy who wants a bunch of public drama, praise or otherwise. I chose to post instead because he said things that I wanted to say, and he did it eloquently, fairly, respectfully, and passionately. This is exactly what we keep saying we want in the forum. I feel it important to do what we can to support an open, honest, respectful stating of the facts. This time as seen through the eyes of a long-term player who is obviously extremely valuable to the community.

The vets built this community, and I for one would like to keep them around. Call me selfish. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC - A "Day 550+" noob.
  • daveomite
    Dave, thanks for this. You've mirrored yet another person's thoughts. I've been thinking about posting my thoughts and frustrations for awhile; even typed up a couple drafts and scraped them both. I may still write it.

I hope D3 will look seriously at the path they are taking. The game has become...unfun. I used to play all the time and enjoyed it. I looked forward to increasing my levels so I could overcome more powerful teams and rank higher. But every step forward has pushed the wall I am trying to surmount ever higher and makes the game more difficult, not less (as it should be). Essentially, D3 has created a mortal verison of the trials of Sisyphus and I am tired of moving the rock.
    thanks very much. I just felt it was time to say something about all of the things I had been thinking about for so long. I'm just glad some have chosen to openly discuss all of it and their own concerns here. I'm actually quite surprised about the response to it thus far.
    I read the OP minutes after it posted, before the first response showed up.

I remember thinking three things, first, "Wow, I thought I liked this guy before, but man..." and second, "It's pretty crazy how, in an environment that often seems artificially polarized between the "vets" and the "noobs," this guy is discussing things that I bet most everyone on the forum could relate to on some level, at some point," and third and finally, I wonder how this will be received by the masses...

I have my answer to the third contemplation, 109 times and rising.

I have my second answer, based on most of what I've read in this thread. The players ALL deserve to find enjoyment in MPQ. I mean, it's a game, right. The idea that it cannot possibly exist in a form that allows vets and noobs to enjoy it is laughable. If the answer continues to be either "balance more for the noobs" or "balance more for the vets," then the question must be wrong. DDQ proves this quite admirably. Noobs can learn, grow, and progress, while vets can fine-tune, continue to build, and adjust, all via the same mechanisms. I know I'm getting better as a player based on the simple metric of "parts of DDQ that I can finish." Simple. But I digress.

Finally, my first point. I was actually going to PM Daveomite, mostly because he doesn't strike me as a guy who wants a bunch of public drama, praise or otherwise. I chose to post instead because he said things that I wanted to say, and he did it eloquently, fairly, respectfully, and passionately. This is exactly what we keep saying we want in the forum. I feel it important to do what we can to support an open, honest, respectful stating of the facts. This time as seen through the eyes of a long-term player who is obviously extremely valuable to the community.

The vets built this community, and I for one would like to keep them around. Call me selfish. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC - A "Day 550+" noob.
    Wow. I'm not even sure what to say. Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

As I said above, I'm very surprised, and a little shocked, that my lowly little thread got so much activity. I am very thankful for everyone's comments, the up votes, and their own individual thoughts on what is going on with the game, even if it differs from my own. I'm seriously not even sure how to respond at times, and now, even found out that the thread got stickied. So, a bit floored at the moment.

I just hope that it causes people to think and communicate further about it. And hopefully, a dev will respond too at some point. There's been a lot of great points made in this thread by many players, and even more get thoughts, questions and suggestions in countless other threads on the forum too.

Thanks again.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding a grain of salt to the whole concoction I feel the need to point out that Dave made a long laundry list of grievances in his post. I agree with some, disagree with some, and I expect it would be the same for most people reading it, a different subset for each according to their experiences. As such, I do not believe that the 112 and rising reputation means that every single of the items in the list is a pressing matter that the whole community backs. Dave would you mind making a poll with the items in your list to find out what people care for the most?

That said, I greatly appreciate the tone and language of the original post which ensured that the tone of the whole thread remained respectful and polite, even when talking about frustrating things. Complaints about missing rewards and compensation and long forgotten tickets are definitely a valid concern and a warrant of confusion and frustration.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi wrote:
    I still disagree his green was over-nerfed. The only other tile destruction + damage that can compare to XForce now is R&G's
    How awesome would it be if a 4* had an ability that was clearly and substantially better than a 3*'s comparable ability.
  • D3 are horrible..week ago i send ticket for my lost HP and they didn't even respond on my ticket..they sandbox me because of cheating i can't believe they do that without reason and i play 492 days and i dont have hoarded HP od ISO ..and again i send ticket saying that i dont cheat in game i love this game and after almost 500 days playing am not stupid to cheat its obvious and still no answer from them.. i spend so much time and money for what..thanks D3 you are awesome keep doing this and to others am sure you will loose good players very soon..they ban me because i send ticket with complain for my lost HP and am sure that was the reason for this
  • daveomite wrote:
    It's been a long time since I've had much to say of any consequence here on the forum. Not that anything I've ever said really mattered that much, I was just more vocal previously. But, I've been thinking a lot on a lot of things about the game and really wanted to get them all out here.

For those that do not know me, I'm a long time daily player. I've been a commander of S.H.I.E.L.D, launched the Fallout alliance, played with Deadpools Tacos, then helped to rebuild a few teams since I've been playing, DPRises and SoyGreen included. Now, I'm actually with X2 in game. I was playing and on this forum before Seasons started and can remember a different time in the game. Beyond that, many may know of me because of the HP Sucks series that I create. (and thank you to everyone on here, facebook, etc who have thumbed up and/or commented - I am honored and greatly appreciate it!)

The purpose of this posting is something I've been really thinking a lot about lately. Frustrations. The issue is, the amount of frustrations are growing, not decreasing. That's not good.

Point blank, I love this game. Actually, I USED to love it. Now, it's more about the community than the game itself for me. You may think that doesn't really matter, but it does to me. I admit, I do tend to get bored of a game from time to time. But with MPQ, it's not about boredom. I'm not bored of the game, I've just have grown to dislike many aspects of it.

I started playing this game because I'm a fan of Marvel, of comics, of various characters, and because it was a match game. However, I don't play this game because of the amount of characters in it, the constant new releases, or the art of said characters. It's nice to have, but not the reason I continue to play to this day.

Due to that, I have put in a considerable amount of time, even money, into this game. I have long believed that if you enjoy playing a game or an app, it always helps to support it - either with your time, your dedication, your loyalty and even financially as well. Running any business is hard, expensive, stressful and can be riddled with complications. I know this first hand as I started my own company in 2003 and have run it since, not to mention before that, 15+ years working in my career, a great deal of which was in management.

However, knowing how much time I have put into this game, and the amount of money that I'm sure is most likely the most I have ever spent on any game... yet, I still sit here, waiting for replies to tickets regarding what I feel is ISO and HP due to me, covers due to me, ISO/HP due to the alliance I play with about something that happened weeks ago now. The last reply from support was on April 28th and remains unresolved. I've sent other messages about it - still, no response. Why?

Further - things like the Ultron event. I was on a team of various xmen, and together, we all finished round 7 - then some went to our original alliances to try helping them finish round 7 as well. However, I did not get the so-called "compensation" of the Ultron 10 pack, like others who did complete Round 7 got. Has anyone from D3/Demiurge bothered to investigate and make sure everyone who actually finished round 7 actually got said compensation? Apparently not, as I know for a fact that I am not the only one who did not receive it.

I normally let most frustrations from the game slide as - it's just a game. I choose to play this, I'm not forced to. However, when I know that I have invested this much time and effort into something, not to mention my own money, it gets beyond the point of aggravating to be ignored about things so trivial overall.

Considering all of the changes to the game, I've already been backing further and further away from the game out of disappointment. But I remain, not for me, but for the people I know and the people I play with. Even when I really don't even want to play, I still do as I know others count on me. I continue as I actually enjoy talking with others in the game and in the various chats - and I enjoy being able to occasionally apply what I actually do in real life by creating the HP Suck parody type graphics from time to time.

But that's not enough for me to stick around forever, or to continue dumping even more time and money. I need responses. I need solutions. I do not need, nor appreciate, being ignored.

Already, given all of the changes, some of which I like, many of which I don't - it's amazingly more expensive and time consuming to play and/or compete than it ever was before.
      Shield Cooldowns that really weren't needed in the first place
      Glitches with shields not letting you buy them
      Snipers who can hit you from practically 0 when you're above 1k
      Even boosts got nerfed "because people thought it was cheating"... against who? The AI?
      The AI has incredible odds stacked in it's favor - constantly.
      Scaling in PvE. Must I go on. Even after 4thor and XF are nerfed, my Business Partners in the last PvE was 395, just like it's been as far back as I can remember. Whatever reason you claim that it's like that, I call ****.
      Mysterious multiple concurrent brackets in a particular shard in PvE
      More often than not, an overwhelming barrage of concurrent events all happening at the same time.
      Complete meltdown of servers and connectivity in major event launches, like Ultron and others.
      Complete removal of tanking, or any means to reduce what enemies you have to face at the start of events
      The fact that now, you MUST start something at the very beginning, even if it's not convenient time, because that is the ONLY way you can hope to find maybe 3 seed teams. Otherwise, maxed teams from 0.
      Is there rubber banding or not? I could swear the answer is no, but surprisingly, still seems to pop it's head in at random times and people fly buy you - even though you completely lose sleep to hit each refresh religiously.
      Constant nerfing of characters that you pushed down our throats as necessary to have and to level.
      This list could go on quite a bit longer... but I digress

The nerfs are like clockwork now. cMags and Patch were a big team back in the day - nerfed, and Sentry released. Sentry and Hood become a force in PvP... Sentry gets nerfed and Hood changed... but, xForce "buffed". Major rush by people to either get covers or to finally dump ISO into what was known as a poorly built character - because now he was going to be king. Then, 4Thor released - instantly people spotted that 4Thor/XF would be a dominate team. What happens? Both nerfed. Prof X was nerfed before release even. IF nerfed after release. Now, characters like Kingpin and Hulkbuster - how long do you really think it will be until they get smacked down by the nerf hammer? And yes... I know, I know... it's all done for "balance". The smart play though would have been to ensure things were balanced from inception.

All of it is classic bait and switch. I know others on this very forum have said pretty much the same thing. "Hey, you really want this! It will be so awesome!" - so, you buy into it and collect it all, so happy with your accomplishment, then they tell you that you can't have it anymore but "Oh, we have something new you can have now!" - again, meaning you have to collect everything up again and buy into it to. That chain of events will never stop here, they've made that abundantly clear.

But, none of this is directly why I am posting here now. The point is, I've been loyal. I've been dedicated. But I've grown tired of the ****, push backs and non responses from the lauded support team. I am completely aware, that my situation may have fell between the cracks given the recent change to D3P, now D3Go. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in that. This does not mean I'm quitting, leaving my alliance, uninstalling the game, or anything of the sort.

However, whatever happens from this point forward will help forge all of my decisions moving forward in this game, how I play, when I play, and what I'm willing to invest.

You may think having a high turnover of customers is good because it keeps bringing in more and more "fresh blood". But ignoring the players out there who have been loyal to you all of this time, supported you, talked about you and this game - this has been one hell of an eye-opener to me and will not be forgotten, nor be taken lightly. And obviously, I'm not the only one who feels this way at this point. Just look at the many high caliber players and dedicated posters to the forum that have just disappeared.

Your move guys. Remember - your boosts are nerfed too.
    So many good points....and D3 should know that turnover is bad - having loyal customers is much more beneficials.

Customer Service is a Joke. I still haven't been compensated for Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Combined Arms yet.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which Mod stickied this?! icon_lol.gif I'm not going to unglue it yet because I feel like some exposure is healthy (especially how well put together and thought out the initial post was), but it definitely made me chuckle.

I hope you don't mind, Dave, but sometime in the future I'm going to use some information gathered in my own post, this post, and some other to try and address some of the issues that are the community's issues with the game, facing outward, in hopes to get some attention on those things.

Sidenote; raisinbman & Toxic_Agent: Have you two tried contacting HiFi yet? He's usually very good about fixing those types of situations.
  • Which Mod stickied this?! icon_lol.gif I'm not going to unglue it yet because I feel like some exposure is healthy (especially how well put together and thought out the initial post was), but it definitely made me chuckle.

I hope you don't mind, Dave, but sometime in the future I'm going to use some information gathered in my own post, this post, and some other to try and address some of the issues that are the community's issues with the game, facing outward, in hopes to get some attention on those things.

Sidenote; raisinbman & Toxic_Agent: Have you two tried contacting HiFi yet? He's usually very good about fixing those types of situations.
    Should I really do this? I went thru customer service and they said all compensation is done yet this thread(viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29615) says they are investigating it.

So...what should I do? Wait? PM Hifi?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I already told you to PM David. And also, NO ONE has been compensated for those events, yet.

Also, I was literally lmao when I saw this thread stickied, yesterday. That's hilarious, ballsy, and very well deserved.