Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Joining the Howard train, I finally got a blue cover after like a dozen unusable Purple covers, so he's champed after 18 months of waiting. Kind of figured it would happen now that saved covers means the Purple covers aren't wasted...

Bonus best moment, the one Okoye cover I got from Shuri's updated champion rewards let me champ her. She hasn't waited quite as long as Howard, but on the other hand she is more useful.

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Normally getting the free Exiles token and immediately hitting Peggy would be the best moment, but it was just the icing on a very delicious cake.

After landing an unusable purple Howard to bring him to 1/4/6 I immediately spent 240 cp to make him 3/4/5(+1) and hope for a h4h offer. 13 days after that didn't come, another 120cp let me champ him!

Now I will never have to worry about which covers I get for him again and have avoided becoming a sad case of a future 2/10/15 or some such ugly spread. I know some will call it silly, but I don't miss the about 2 weeks worth of cp and I love peace of mind. 

This will probably benefit everyone somehow as the story of my life is that once I get past something, it gets made easier or more available, so expect better covers for everyone elses Howards from now on, or h4h offers, or him being a test for colorless covers, or something. You're welcome.
    I posted that on May 9th. I guess the last 2 paragraphs were a premonition for saved covers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got my first Howard blue cover! It's my favourite of his animations :D
    And, arguably, his best power.  Congrats.

I think any time Webbed Wonder runs, it's my best moment of the day, but in this case specifically, running 3* Blade, C&D & Nico in the final wave node and getting 10k+ in attack/strike tiles and ~4k in shield tiles by the start of the final wave (with a couple Blade AP theft tiles, just for fun) probably takes the cake.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kahmon said:

I posted that on May 9th. I guess the last 2 paragraphs were a premonition for saved covers.
    I was actually thinking about this post when cover saving went live, almost went digging for it lol.

Last night I got a Purple Howard for a 5/1/4 build, and today for the first time I had the correct roster to get a character release out of shield training! Now I just need 20hp to roster her, but still.

Also last night I pulled a yellow First Avenger Cap out of classics, and today I pulled a yellow Lumbercap out of latest. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a blue Nebula cover from S.H.I.E.L.D Training. I always love getting the top power, as it takes some pressure off getting top placement. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A couple things. I got a Moonstone from Shield Sim, which gave me Hulk #265 and that gave me my 13th cover for TA Hulk.

A few hours later I went into sub 3 of Webbed Wonder in 5th place up by only about 30 pts and thought for sure that I would probably fall a few spots. I started my grind early to take into account the wave nodes and the awful loaner node. I finished with only a few minutes to spare in the event. I exited the sub and saw that I was in 4th place. I had a few tokens from the grind so I decided to open them. One minute left. I was scared out of my mind of where I would end up so I stayed on the rewards screen until I saw that the event ended.  I took a deep breath and looked at the results. Fifth place finish! Two lovely and much needed Shuri covers too. :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Got a blue Nebula cover from S.H.I.E.L.D Training. I always love getting the top power, as it takes some pressure off getting top placement. 
    It's also, you know, useful in the 1v1 fight in the SHIELD training.  I got her green one, which is...not overly helpful.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    It's also, you know, useful in the 1v1 fight in the SHIELD training.  I got her green one, which is...not overly helpful.
    I was able to beat Kraven on the second try, no boosts with my single blue cover. Wasn't sure it was going to work out at first.

Last night while chasing the 20hp i needed to actually roster that Nebula in the Shuri pvp, I pulled a Lockjaw from the event store that came with a bonus Frost (I'm hastily trying to get her to 10 covers so i don't get caught out by a shield training-she was one of the new releases I did pretty poorly on). Then, today's daily reward was 25cp, and the classic draw was a Bl4ck Widow that came with another bonus Frost. I had to save the widow since she's 7/3/4, but I was able to use the Frost (0/2/3). I know they're different draw pools, but it's fun getting 2 bonus heroes in a row.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    This is true. I beat him first try, no boosts thanks to that cover. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4/4/3 Shuri gets a red from Strange Sights progression. I was happy with that and then it dawned on me that I'll actually get her 13th cover from her pvp so she will be my 40th champed 4* in a couple days. Then I started my clears of Strange Sights and was dreading the Ultron goons. Oddly enough though the only node that gave me any trouble at all was the loaner node.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just ran into an extremely odd corner case with America Chavez in the Dr Strange PvE.  She created a critical tile, which made a match-4.  That match-4 created a set of traps, and it was the third different color for traps that were currently on the board.  *That* passive triggered, and did enough damage to kill off the last enemy...in the first wave.  That death did not trigger the next wave of enemies to come through, so my three team members are just sitting around, looking at three downed Mindless Ones, wondering what to do next.

It's Happy Fun Bug Report Time!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my 13th Shuri cover as a bonus pull off the token from the Crash today. So now she's ready to champ with a full set of 5 saved covers.

ISO, ISO, ISO. . 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Got T5 in CL8 for Shuri's PvP, good for two Nebula covers. It's the first time I've gotten T5 in PvP for a release event, getting the new character covers! 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

I got green too and managed to take down Kraven with just match damage with that single cover.

Now Ghost is Another matter entirely...

• DarthDeVo
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I got green too and managed to take down Kraven with just match damage with that single cover.

Now Ghost is Another matter entirely...

I tried taking her on at 2/1/0. After several boards virtually absent of blue matches for me, I started with a +2 B/P, +2 G/B, +2 All AP. When that didn't really get me any farther I just have up and used a 5* Thor Asgardian Tactics team-up I had lying around. 

I did the Iron Spider fight at 2/2/1 with relatively no issues. Got blue out fairly early, which pumped out strikes and kept me healed. Her green and red only did 1 damage thanks to the prevalence of web tiles, but the strikes and attacks together wore him down quickly enough. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    I'd been holding on to my LTs waiting for Cap to cycle out. Out of 14 pulls this morning, i got just the two Okoye covers I needed to fully cover her. Another 60K ISO, and she'll be ready to champ! 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Went 4/12 on my LT pulls today. 2 Wasps, 1 Loki and 1 Okoye (had to save the Okoye but have 3 covers saved now if I can't finish her before she cycles out) plus I got another Wasp from Champ rewards.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I champed my third 5-star today in Black Widow. Yeah, okay, so she's not a very good one to have when you only have three, but thirteenth covers don't come around that often for 5-stars and I'll take what I can get. Plus, she had been sitting on my roster with 12 covers for over a year so it was very satisfying to see number 13 finally arrive.
    I feel Widow is better than a lot of people give her credit for. Yes, she’s slow, but she at least does decent damage for her AP costs. And her Purple is great against special tile spammers. In many ways she’s a much better Gambit after his nerf.