Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel Widow is better than a lot of people give her credit for.
    She'll be good for PvE, which is the bulk of my play. In PvP I may give her a whirl with Chavez. Let Chavez do her thing while I'm saving up for Widow's high HP costs and then let Natasha close things out. ((shrug)) I'm happy to have her.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I champed my third 5-star today in Black Widow. Yeah, okay, so she's not a very good one to have when you only have three, but thirteenth covers don't come around that often for 5-stars and I'll take what I can get. Plus, she had been sitting on my roster with 12 covers for over a year so it was very satisfying to see number 13 finally arrive.
    Top tier or not getting a 3rd 5* champed is awesome!! Congrats.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I champed my third 5-star today in Black Widow. Yeah, okay, so she's not a very good one to have when you only have three, but thirteenth covers don't come around that often for 5-stars and I'll take what I can get. Plus, she had been sitting on my roster with 12 covers for over a year so it was very satisfying to see number 13 finally arrive.
    She was my third champed 5-star; I spent 250 CP on the cover I needed when she was the 5-star HfH.  The closest comparison I can think of to her in 4-star land would be Kate Bishop.  Slow, but her abilities really pack a punch.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had another stockpiled The Hunt token (I was pretty sure I'd redeemed the last one) so I figured I may as well redeem it.
    I got an Iceman and a bonus Venom.
    Even better, it was the color I needed to fully cover Venom.
    Now I just need another 100k Iso and he will become my 59th 4-star Champion.
    He currently has 2 Saved covers so I sort of need to champion him :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cracked a hoard.  Champed Okoye and Black Bolt.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Cracked a hoard.  Champed Okoye and Black Bolt.
    Oh and I forgot the most exciting part, 4 5* BHs!!  Only pulled ~150 total so that's some good odds there.  Regular 5* odds were ~12.5%
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened my season´s tenpack and got the final cover for Emma Frost. She´s my 71st 4* champion now! :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Realized I had 266k iso, and it only costs about 230k to bring somebody from 209 to champ. So I finally champed Red Hulk to fix my 5/3/5 build. I'm also curious if it's possible to champ somebody from 209 between 4* releases going forward as I try to keep my shield training numbers inline, or if I should wait to champ them on 5* release weeks in between.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Realized I had 266k iso, and it only costs about 230k to bring somebody from 209 to champ. So I finally champed Red Hulk to fix my 5/3/5 build. I'm also curious if it's possible to champ somebody from 209 between 4* releases going forward as I try to keep my shield training numbers inline, or if I should wait to champ them on 5* release weeks in between.
    You could do what I do and get your iso up to 450k and then level someone up a bit at a time, then move to the next lv 209 or focus on leveling up lower level characters to 209.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

You could do what I do and get your iso up to 450k and then level someone up a bit at a time, then move to the next lv 209 or focus on leveling up lower level characters to 209.
    It's been awhile since i've champed a 4*, I was grinding on re-champing all my 2*s for what felt like the longest time. I'm mostly just letting shield training drive who i take to 209, and then i want to see if it's possible to champ one of the 209s in between the 4* releases, or if I should wait until the 5* release week to do it. I have 26 champs and 11 who still need some covers to get to 10, so I'm kind of playing with fire a little bit that at least 1 of the required characters will be someone i don't need to throw iso into or just can't. Opinions to follow I suppose on the feasibility of that strategy.

I got my 10-pack this morning; it was okay - got a red Drax i had to save, a 3* that came with a bonus Punish3r that was a 4* reward level, so in effect I scored a pair of 4*s from it.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I never thought I'd miss seeing Grocket/Gamora/Medusa in the SHIELD Sim, but since transitioning to the 5-star tier I haven't seen that team in ages. But... this season I have been running Okoye with XFD and Drax in the sim. Both XFD and Drax are only low-270s on my roster, so this team is an easy target on defense.

So easy, I actually got hit by a low-270s Grocket/Gamora/Medusa team.  :)

The best part was that I got to dust off my old Rhulk/Carol/Grocket team to serve up the retal which was worth 70 points.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

It's been awhile since i've champed a 4*, I was grinding on re-champing all my 2*s for what felt like the longest time. I'm mostly just letting shield training drive who i take to 209, and then i want to see if it's possible to champ one of the 209s in between the 4* releases, or if I should wait until the 5* release week to do it. I have 26 champs and 11 who still need some covers to get to 10, so I'm kind of playing with fire a little bit that at least 1 of the required characters will be someone i don't need to throw iso into or just can't. Opinions to follow I suppose on the feasibility of that strategy.

I got my 10-pack this morning; it was okay - got a red Drax i had to save, a 3* that came with a bonus Punish3r that was a 4* reward level, so in effect I scored a pair of 4*s from it.
    If you use my strategy you won't get burned. You would be able to have 450k on hand in a worst case scenario that you have to level all three essentials up to 209 and then with the surplus iso you could throw it into someone else. And actually I would just change up your strategy a bit. So instead of splurging now to get someone champed I would wait to see who the required characters are first in the next Shield Training and then if you only need to level up one or two then you'd have 150k to play with. Like for me I was trying to get Winter Soldier champed for his pvp but couldn't do it in time, only got him up to like 220, but then he was announced for Shield Training so I leveled up my Shuri to 209 and then threw the extra iso into her instead to get her champed since I'll probably use her more often.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took some patience/screwing-around with the trivial nodes in the Savage Lands sub, but I managed to finish The Hunt with exactly 55,000 points for max progression.  While on one hand, it’s a totally pointless effort; on the other, it makes for a more satisfying story than “I got a champ level for 4* Star Lord from ‘The Hunt’, giving me 2CP”.

Apparetly, 279 players in my CL7 bracket hit max progression, FWIW.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To make a long story short, the RNG/BH gods have been really good to me.  2x BH Carols, 1x BH Chavez, St4rlord and a Red Rogue for my 5/2/5 build from a Heroic!

I had pumped enough ISO into Carol/Chavez/Rogue to be able to champ them all.  Had to take St4rlord from 70 all the way up.

Really pumped.  4* roster now strong and diverse.  The new bonus list doesn't help much, but that's OK :smiley:
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I decided once I'd saved up 200 CP (again :blush: ) I'd spend them on Classics, and that that would become my SOP moving forward. So I did, and I got a few extra champion levels out of my 4*s. I also got 3 5* covers that were all usable. Hooray for not having to Save 5* covers!  (Although it's better than selling them)

But the best moment was getting the last cover I needed to finish Drax and he became my 59th 4* Champion.

I already have Venom and Ghost Rider fully covered and awaiting more Iso, but Drax is the third member of Simulator team (with Okoye and XFDP) so I wanted to champion him first for the extra survivability. Not that 4*s are scary when your opponents are almost all 5* teams ;)
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Having ME Hulk's Grand Entrance blow up all four of Ock's tentacle tiles before I even had to make a move. That was cool.
    That is cool. Reading that is my best MPQ moment of the day.  :)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting a yellow Okoye cover from the alliance progression LT, allowing me to make her my 8th 5* champion.