Friendly challenge between gamers: Build yourself a Bag-Man!

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP, I was unable to reply to your private message concerning the Bag-Man friendly contest as the error said "Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt." so I am replying to you here. I hope that you will see it. icon_e_wink.gif

I simply wanted to say that this is not an official contest or anything so there is nothing to be won other than some fun between gamers. I just thought it might be entertaining to try to do something like this so I jumped in & created the thread which got enough following to make it cool. Thank you everyone for that by the way. I totally enjoyed trying to race to the finish against you all. icon_cool.gif

Good on you for finishing your Bag-Man mate! Hopefully you got the useless thrill of trying to collect the character. icon_mrgreen.gif

EDIT: I am glad that you liked the concept of this friendly challenge. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    are you telling me I'm not getting any moonstone tokens for completing this challenge?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/4/5 now..
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished him at 415. Sold a bunch of blue and yellow before getting that last, magical bag-purple.
  • Carnage_78
    spectator wrote:
    are you telling me I'm not getting any moonstone tokens for completing this challenge?
    I've been trying to up vote this post since yesterday but continuously get the error "You cannot give reputation so soon. You may try again later."

Anyway, all I wanted to say was...

Good one mate! icon_lol.gif
  • Just an update I sold 1 of each bagman colors this week icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    currently 2/5/2

Is there an ideal build? I haven't even read his powers... lol.
  • Carnage_78
    JVReal wrote:
    Is there an ideal build? I haven't even read his powers... lol.
    Not sure about anything ideal in this case but 4/4/5 seems less bad than the rest in my opinion as it keeps Purple less expensive but with all the perks & Yellow maxed out has benefits which leaves Blue at what ever is left. icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally have him cover maxed 3/5/5, but still level 15. Mission accomplished! now to level him and play him to see what his preferred build should be.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Glad this got resurrected, I finally got my last purple yesterday during Red Shift.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I finally finished him today, the covers falling 5/3/5. That last blue has eluded me for weeks, months probably, and then I got two in a row from a LR. Now it's done and I have the screenshot evidence to prove it.

Maybe I should take him out for a spin in the prologue...
  • Carnage_78
    I guess a few of us finally got some needed Bag-Man covers recently. I also got my last one that I wanted to build Bag-Man the way I had originally thought of not so long ago & got another one just yesterday.

It had been a while before that since I had gotten any Bag-Man covers so if I was not alone then I am kind of wondering if Bag-Man got randomly removed for a while or something?

Anyway, I am glad that a few more got the challenge completed! Good on you all! icon_cool.gif
  • AXP_isme
    RNGesus is a cruel and capricious master
  • Carnage_78
    Is it just me or Bag-Man seems even more rare these days? I think I haven't gotten one for over a month now or something. Good thing that the contest is over & that my Bag-Man is built, otherwise I would've spectacularly struggled. icon_e_wink.gif

P.S. Cheers Malcrof for the Hall of Fame shout concerning this thread. Your kind words have not been lost on me or the players who participated in this friendly contest either I am sure. All of you made it a fun side quest thing to try & achieve. Too bad you Hall of Fame idea did not take flight though as, for what it is worth, I thought it was a clever & original idea. icon_cool.gif
  • AXP_isme
    I didn't think Malcrof's idea deserved that kind of reaction. I thought it was a nice idea. I suspect it was a response to him rather than the idea, he seems (unjustified in my opinion) to have become a hate figure around these parts.
    Being a mod is a thankless task.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So.. shall we re-start this to see who can get a bagman to 144 first?
  • Carnage_78
    You are spoiling my resurrection of this thread. icon_e_wink.gif

Yes, I firmly intend to launch a "Build a Bag-Man Champion" as soon as the feature hits the game. icon_mrgreen.gif

We should have some more fun with this thing over the next few months! icon_cool.gif

EDIT: I will actually create the thread now to announce it to all interested.
  • Are YOU a brave enough person to dump in thousands of Iso into getting Bag Man to level 94 just so you can have a Champion version of him?

That's the real challenge.
  • Carnage_78
    Yes, I am crazy enough. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I am curious what his reward structure is going to be like? Or if demiurge even bothered to make one.