Thick as Thieves - May 7 - May 12

Options
1235»

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This sounds like such a weakling thing to say, but I wish there was some way I could ask the top two in my bracket if they plan to grind down all the way to the finish, since they don't need the blue 4thor.

I don't anticipate much difficulty keeping top 10, which I think is a good enough result for joining at 706, 2 refreshes behind. But it would be nice to know if it's worth my time grinding the sub end, because I keep finishing the sub just a little bit behind and don't anticipate a different result. If they're going for it, I could just ease up and cruise to my top 10 instead of having to grind down like a crazy person and fall short. /lazy

EDIT: The top2 did stop a few hours before the end. Thank you, you guys are awesome. My 4thor is very grateful. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was having fun here, looking forward to a top 2 finish, definitely a top 10, then I read how pants Vision is.

Mood kill.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So do i keep playing for the HP or do enough to crawl away with top 50.

The lower ISO and the boosted characters have worked for and against me. The nodes have scaled up but suprisingly it's been a little easier this time, perhaps because top 50 is enough and roster diversity.

I have found that:
    Mystique is poo
    OBW scales up to be god like (PvP or PvE)
    MoStorm with more HP is quite lethal.
    Must remember to keep Blade AWAY from red hungry people.... Apart from Moonstone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is the first PVE in a while for a new character that I'm not even really trying to get top ten in. I should get top 50 easily enough - I'm around 20th right now, I think - and I probably could have done more than I did, but this is such a grindy PVE, and I'm so burned out from all the new characters, and Vision isn't that good to begin with, so I'm just not going to worry too much about that blue. Especially since it's the PVE progression award.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I was having fun here, looking forward to a top 2 finish, definitely a top 10, then I read how pants Vision is.

Mood kill.

Same here. I battled to #3 and almost got to top2 (only 200pts between me and #2 in the end). I thought "oh well, I didn't get that 4Thor but hey, at least I have all three Vision covers!"

Then I read the Vision thread in Character discussion and despaired. All that grind for naught...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ariakos wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Mood kill.

Same here. I battled to #3 and almost got to top2 (only 200pts between me and #2 in the end). I thought "oh well, I didn't get that 4Thor but hey, at least I have all three Vision covers!"

Then I read the Vision thread in Character discussion and despaired. All that grind for naught...
    Don't grind before u know, at least it wasn't a 4*
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got #1 in the end, first time ever. #2 was 5k ahead of #3, he didn't bother for the last hour or so, so I surged ahead, pointlessly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Don't grind before u know, at least it wasn't a 4*

Well, I was actually aiming for that 4Thor cover since I had a realistic shot at it. Those Vision covers were just a nice bonus. Or so I thought...