Thick as Thieves - May 7 - May 12

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    It's PVEs that really increase and define my frustration with the health/health packs/hp regeneration stuff...

Not sure whether to icon_lol.gif , icon_e_sad.gif , or get icon_mad.gif ...

Thinking I'll just go with the usual icon_rolleyes.gif

DBC
    are you saying you're not impressed with D3's rebalancing of PVEs icon_e_wink.gif

Admittedly? This feels and has always felt like one of the most painfully nonsensical parts of MPQ.

3-4 PVEs in a row, my nodes up to and including "normal" feel balanced. "Trivial" feels trivial. "Easy" feels easy. Normal feels, well, normal. My teams get pretty banged up, but I can usually finish. If I attempt a "hard," I know what I'm getting. I might win, but it's going to hurt, and I'll likely lose a character or two. Fine.

Every so often, even "easy" nodes wipe my teams out completely?

Further, and I guess this is "community scaling" in action. How is it that a node that almost wiped me out when it was "easy" has now become a "hard" node (with dramatically increased leveling to match) that I have absolutely no hope of finishing? OK, so some other person "in the community" did really well, so scale THEIR nodes accordingly. icon_rolleyes.gif

Meh. Whatever. Should still make progression and get my 3rd MoStorm cover, so there's that. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This scaling is miserable.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    This event seems to be scaling harder than last time. Who is beating those nodes to drive up the community scaling? I don't think it's unreasonable tough but it sure doesn't seem like community scaling should be even higher than before compared to when we had X Force.

This is what I'd like to know. I've got a roster of 94s and had a hell of a time clearing Anderson VI. I can't decide who is the most dangerous: Moonstone, Hitman, or Venom. I start on the Hitman because he has less HP than the other two... a few turns later, I get a tap on the shoulder by Moonstone and Venom, pointing out that I've "dropped the soap".

Everything about this event is miserable. I don't remember it being this bad last time it ran.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    This event seems to be scaling harder than last time. Who is beating those nodes to drive up the community scaling? I don't think it's unreasonable tough but it sure doesn't seem like community scaling should be even higher than before compared to when we had X Force.

This is what I'd like to know. I've got a roster of 94s and had a hell of a time clearing Anderson VI. I can't decide who is the most dangerous: Moonstone, Hitman, or Venom. I start on the Hitman because he has less HP than the other two... a few turns later, I get a tap on the shoulder by Moonstone and Venom, pointing out that I've "dropped the soap".

Everything about this event is miserable. I don't remember it being this bad last time it ran.

Yeah, that match is terrible. My end grind is going to look like this:

Play, hopefully finish at least once, examine the graveyard that once was my roster, move on to the next node. Do not repeat, do not look back, grieve my fallen comrades, and move on.

FWIW (and bearing in mind I'm not an expert at MPQ), I have pretty good luck taking out Venom first (bye-bye devour), Ms second (red whatever that thing is), and lastly the Hitman.

Hitman cannot move, so he seems easiest. Oh, and I obviously match defensively (Venom green and black. Ms red. Hm's countdowns).

DBC
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Yeah, that match is terrible. My end grind is going to look like this:

Play, hopefully finish at least once, examine the graveyard that once was my roster, move on to the next node. Do not repeat, do not look back, grieve my fallen comrades, and move on.

FWIW (and bearing in mind I'm not an expert at MPQ), I have pretty good luck taking out Venom first (bye-bye devour), Ms second (red whatever that thing is), and lastly the Hitman.

Hitman cannot move, so he seems easiest. Oh, and I obviously match defensively (Venom green and black. Ms red. Hm's countdowns).

DBC

The best strategies I can give you is to take out Moonstone 1st and deny Venom black. It will also help if you take in a special tile generator to keep MS from pummeling you with Gravity Warp. If all she does is move your special tile around the ability is pretty useless, deny her red to stay away from Photon Blast. The goon should be an afterthought until MS and Venom are dead.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Since Blade is likely the best character to use in this event this means you got to get rid of Moonstone earlier than normal because a board that's good for Blade is also very good for Moonstone to get an insane Photon Blast.

You want someone who can spam special tiles like Luke Cage, Blade, Daken, Spiderman, or Iron Fist when facing Moonstone, especially if she has a purple pump. When she's paired up with Venom you want them to use Gravity Warp to move your special tile around instead of the team stun. If you can't spam special tiles then Gravity Warp is indeed quite dangerous.

When fighting Bullseye you've to remember don't get distracted by his protect tiles. Don't even think about the part you're doing 1 damage with your match 3s and concentrate on making the best moves you can. Don't bother trying to get rid of his Adamantium Bones even if 2 of his protect tiles lined up if it's not the best move you can get. You need all the AP you can possibly get to have a chance at outlasting another top tier DA like Ares/Daken/Juggernaut that Bullseye is usually with. It doesn't do you much good to get rid of Bullseye but Ares got enough for a Sunder.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

OBW Cage Punisher handled that node easily, kill hitman first then just work the other 2 down. They're slow enough that you should be able to AP steal before they can do anything.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Oh good, it's not just me. "Trivial" nodes seem to have as good a chance of ruining me as Hard ones. I HATE this event. I want to keep grinding for my Alliance, but a) this digital cancer of an event has ruined my roster, b) I'm out of health packs, and c) the sheer volume of perfect tile drops and cascades for the enemy has put me in a mood that would have ruined my Saturday night if I hadn't just shut the game off.

Horrible, godawful, absurd. Done.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Remember before when I was saying my scaling was bad? Yeah, uhm, so I just entered Scotland Yard, right?

I take back what I said before, my scaling was OK. That is, compared to what I'm seeing now.

Pssst. MPQ scaling God/dess? Did you happen to notice the 50+ times I crashed and burned in that last sub? Did you also notice it was on nodes marked "easy" and "trivial?" Yeah, so you're gonna want to be dropping my scaling, not increasing it, yes?

That MoSt progression reward cannot possibly get here soon enough...

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    I played only the first 3-5 nodes in the previous sub before I gave up. I check the ranking and I am #170 so I's thinking "You know, maybe I should try for a top 150 since I'm still so close." After the first few nodes I return to my decision to skip this pve. I check again today and I am still #169. It's like no one is playing this event in my bracket. At least in the low ranking part. I bet in the top 100 people will be more competitive, but it's good to see I am not the only one. I hope skipping a pve will lower my pve ranking a bit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't know if it was like that since the beginning of the event, but I can use my 3* Captain' in the essential node now. I hop it means the end of 2* essential character. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sk8-45 wrote:
    I don't know if it was like that since the beginning of the event, but I can use my 3* Captain' in the essential node now. I hop it means the end of 2* essential character. icon_e_smile.gif
    From another thread, it seems that although 3* Cap is usable in Scotland Yard sub, only 2* Cap' is usable in the final sub.
    I haven't started the final sub yet but I was sad to hear these news. icon_neutral.gif
    (and no, 3* wasn't usable in essential nodes before Scotland Yard iirc)
  • Unknown
    Options
    For reasons unknown to me this has been very easy PvE so far. I got lucky and joined an already empty bracket as #8 when there was 3 days to go. I've been lucky maintaining my position staying top10 past two days. 1 day to go, I hope I'll manage to get all three Vision covers. This Is surprising, usually I get the short end of the stick and eventually get stuck beyond top100 with no hope.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    sk8-45 wrote:
    From another thread, it seems that although 3* Cap is usable in Scotland Yard sub, only 2* Cap' is usable in the final sub.
    I haven't started the final sub yet but I was sad to hear these news. icon_neutral.gif
    (and no, 3* wasn't usable in essential nodes before Scotland Yard iirc)
    Indeed it was an error, Captain' 3* is not available for the Meeting sub-event. icon_e_sad.gif

And we can see that the next event includes one 4*, one 3* and 2* as powered-up characters. So I imagine that they will continue this ****. Even if I don't like it, I could adapt to the 2* essential character, but I miss some of the 4*. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

You want someone who can spam special tiles like Luke Cage, Blade, Daken, Spiderman, or Iron Fist when facing Moonstone, especially if she has a purple pump. When she's paired up with Venom you want them to use Gravity Warp to move your special tile around instead of the team stun. If you can't spam special tiles then Gravity Warp is indeed quite dangerous.

When fighting Bullseye you've to remember don't get distracted by his protect tiles. Don't even think about the part you're doing 1 damage with your match 3s and concentrate on making the best moves you can. Don't bother trying to get rid of his Adamantium Bones even if 2 of his protect tiles lined up if it's not the best move you can get. You need all the AP you can possibly get to have a chance at outlasting another top tier DA like Ares/Daken/Juggernaut that Bullseye is usually with. It doesn't do you much good to get rid of Bullseye but Ares got enough for a Sunder.

Really great advice on the special tile generator/ignoring AB tiles. Wish I had seen this information months ago!

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phew. Just managed to beat the Magneto/Hood pairing (levels 346 and 347) and I'll be happy if I don't have to do that one again. It ended up being an underleveled/undercovered Luke Cage, underleveled GSBW and a cStorm that actually managed to get him down.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lbyb2.jpg
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got through Hood/Magneto pretty easily with OBW, IF and Cage pretty easily. My scaling was not as bad as others (324), though I'm worried what it might be the best go-round. Took out Hood first and used aggressive recon before either could do much damage. My Cage and IF aren't fully leveled so OBW did espionage on all her colors icon_e_smile.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Steam. Slice 5. Just logged in to do a final clear in Scotland Yard, and every single node is at level 230. Anyone else experience that?
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Steam. Slice 5. Just logged in to do a final clear in Scotland Yard, and every single node is at level 230. Anyone else experience that?

Exactly 230? Sounds like you time traveled back in the days where level 230 is the level cap.