Thick as Thieves - May 7 - May 12

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I hate these Muscle + Regular Character missions they punch way way way above their lvl.

My team of lvl 164 Luke Cage, Cap America + 2 cover Hulk Buster barely managed to beat an opponent team of Lvl 94 Muscle + Bullseye + Lieutenant.
    The the time the fight ended all 3 of my characters was down to 1000-2000 HP each,,,,, and they have the nerve to label this node as "trivial" difficulty.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd just like to add the obligatory....my scaling for this event is ridiculous. I could barely make it through a single run at open. As the sub scales, it'll probably be impossible for me to win anything in this event.

They've been making an effort to "standardize" the various events....why not standardize the scaling? Enemy of the State was very reasonable.
    well I'm with you hesj. up until ultron my scaling wasn't too bad but I'd never used my one maxed character, Lthor. of course I used the heck out of him for ultron and then in EotS, the only way to finish some of those nodes was to use him so I used him on the last nodes (the hardest) in each sub (hey, it was for hulkbuster). I also got my cap to 5 reds (now at 3/5/1) right before EotS and goon only nodes became much more trivial. those things together have my scaling really out of whack I guess. mind you I have one 166 (Lthor), one 140 (loki), one 110 (grocket) and everyone else at 104 down (with only daredevil fully covered). my last 3 nodes were IF/falcon/goon lvl 180, daken/goon/goon 200, and the last goon only nodes was 240.

actually the goon only nodes with 5 red on cap become much more trivial but it just takes forever to get through all the health - used 104cap/104Cyclops/94mnmags. the other 2 high nodes sucked. health packs for all after both of those. combinations of thor/loki/doom/cap/Cyclops. made it to the end but lost a character each time and only barely made it (other than the goon only - did that one without taking damage - that will bite me for sure). hope t150 won't require me to grind those - theres no way.

SAME. Took me 3 tries to beat the Venom/Muscle/Moonstone, and now on attepmt 4 of the Falcon/IF/Muscle one. This **** is crazy. I've never had this hard of a time in PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    OK, seeing the fact that everyone else is stubbing their toe on the IF/Falcon node is making me feel a LOT better. I've tried 6 times over the last few hours, with nothing to show for it. As a 2* - 3* transitioner, I just don't have the firepower for this, and sadly, my Blade only has 4 cards - all in purpleflag.png. Without a serious boosted tanky person in my lineup, it's not going to happen without a tremendous amount of luck with the cascades - and when lucky cascades happen, I'm usually on the losing side. icon_rolleyes.gif

So much for placing for TaT tokens, let alone even thinking about Vision at that point....
  • Unknown
    Options
    You don't even have a fair shot at beating Iron Fist without someone that can punish his absurd attack tile at his usual scaling like Hulk or Captain Marvel. I made that mistake the first time I went in with 3 level 240 guys and I think IF was level 250 and barely won that and had a lot of luck on my side.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ok, I don't feel so bad - I did finish it first try even though I limped out. I have a feeling the more I use my Lthor the worse its going to get. so basically if I finish the node its guaranteed to go up (which is dumb). if it scales on damage taken, I took a crapload. heck, I had trouble with the daken one too (thanks to a spectacular cascade). pretty sure damage taken isn't part of the scaling - limped out of both of those and they've already gone up. don't know how when all the community is struggling with it and I barely finished. I think scaling is broken OP and needs nerfing.... icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just joined slice 2 as #57, but after playing 3 nodes I decided this pve isn't worth spending any time. The last pve was quite pleasant, but this one is most definitely not. The scaling I see is stupid and in the 3 essentials I have to battle the enemies with a HB with 1 black cover, a 2* Cap and a 3* Storm. Essential 2*s. Another brilliant dev idea. All the devs do lately is give new characters and coming up with "new" and "interesting" (both are debatable) abilities. I wish they put the same amount of time into fixing the scaling issues. I know this won't bring more money, but if you want to be taken seriously as a dev, you should make your game fun to play. If you are unable to make it fun, then at least try to make it less frustrating. At least Vision is very mediocre on paper so it won't be a big loss. On the plus side, I got myself 3 days of rest and relaxation. If you want my advice, skip this pve or try to join very, very late (final hours) and hope for a top 150 with 3-4 matches.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Game just reloaded with a 'soft update' and I think some prayers have been answered, top 50 now get 2 covers just like it used to be. Halleluja! Top 50 is the new goal for me now... icon_cool.gif

Hero Point prizes are still half of what it used to be though, guess that's just something we'll have to get used to. Well, it's something...
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ddvrom wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd just like to add the obligatory....my scaling for this event is ridiculous. I could barely make it through a single run at open. As the sub scales, it'll probably be impossible for me to win anything in this event.

They've been making an effort to "standardize" the various events....why not standardize the scaling? Enemy of the State was very reasonable.
    well I'm with you hesj. up until ultron my scaling wasn't too bad but I'd never used my one maxed character, Lthor. of course I used the heck out of him for ultron and then in EotS, the only way to finish some of those nodes was to use him so I used him on the last nodes (the hardest) in each sub (hey, it was for hulkbuster). I also got my cap to 5 reds (now at 3/5/1) right before EotS and goon only nodes became much more trivial. those things together have my scaling really out of whack I guess. mind you I have one 166 (Lthor), one 140 (loki), one 110 (grocket) and everyone else at 104 down (with only daredevil fully covered). my last 3 nodes were IF/falcon/goon lvl 180, daken/goon/goon 200, and the last goon only nodes was 240.

actually the goon only nodes with 5 red on cap become much more trivial but it just takes forever to get through all the health - used 104cap/104Cyclops/94mnmags. the other 2 high nodes sucked. health packs for all after both of those. combinations of thor/loki/doom/cap/Cyclops. made it to the end but lost a character each time and only barely made it (other than the goon only - did that one without taking damage - that will bite me for sure). hope t150 won't require me to grind those - theres no way.

SAME. Took me 3 tries to beat the Venom/Muscle/Moonstone, and now on attepmt 4 of the Falcon/IF/Muscle one. This tinykitty is crazy. I've never had this hard of a time in PVE.
    Holy crud! I've just gotten stomped twice by Anderson Biotechnic V. This event overall has been a clear indicator that after all the hp changes, they REALLY need to re-evaluate scaling. Bullseye is a beast now. He's got like 10k hp with a 13k+ Ares and the goon hitting "behind" him. Bullseye negates all match damage in like 1 purple match, Ares hits like a beast, and the goon steals AP. Nodes like this USED to be possible because you could take out Bullseye with a few quick nukes to negate the crazy shield tiles, but now he's got 10k HP! Wth?

HP changes + no change in scaling = ridiculous
  • Unknown
    Options

scaling, in my observation, is a result of the event, not the player. IE: Deadpool event, Rocket and Groot, Enemy of the state are all newer events and scaling isn't whack.

So, hopefully, in their rebalancing of events, they took a look at scaling. Hopefully.
    Cyclopes wrote:
    Man this new skrull event is even worse than the old one for me. Specially since I got hulkbuster and he's doing nothing seemingly. My teams don't have the ability to do anything thanks to falcon who just constantly throws out redwing and then by the time I shut down falcon iron fist hits me with his stupid 4,500 damage move every turn. Not just that but I also have to worry about the occasional sniper rifle shot from the stupid hitman. How could they have made something that was already hard even more unplayable. Skipping that node from now on

I was mad at them adding Iron Fist, but then I realized that means Hulk gets angry every turn icon_e_wink.gif
    Last event had some nice hero synergy. I feel like every buffed hero is stepping on every other buffed hero for this one.

Who exactly are we supposed to pair Mystique with? Blade for the double black/purple, or hulkbuster for the black/blue?

Mystique doesn't really pair with anyone. Plus she's still reeling from the nerfbat. You can at least do Hulkbust + Blade to help blade get vampy
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Scaling is also pretty bad on my end. The IF/Falcon node was at 226 when I started and 268 my second time through. Barely made it out alive both times. I think I will skip if they go up even higher.

I wiped three times on the 2*Cap essential node (only have one cover for him, which I got from the beast pvp, selling the hawkeye I had only picked up for Ultron :p ) Finally made it through using xforce and Falcon, and shamefully a bunch of rainbow power boosts I didn't realize I had stacked up. Still sad that a power that used to do 4k damage is lucky to get 1300 now.

Once the goons get their strike tiles on any of these nodes, it gets ugly fast, especially with board movers. I lost Blade from a nice little cascade that did 2k damage on each match.
  • Sandfli
    Sandfli Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I haven't had too many problems with the IF/Falcon node using 3*Mags/Patch/Loki. Once you get off Patch's green followed by Loki's black converting the enemy strike tiles, it's a piece of cake. Mags red & blue with strike tiles on the board is devastating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You don't have bad scaling if you can actually talk about using moves to deal with Iron Fist. At high scaling he easily overpowers you before you can even get most moves off. I think there's a strat that involves Invisible Woman getting a strong protect tile early since it's only 2 matches if you boosted blue but that's a pretty unique way to deal with him. I've quite a few games where he's done with Hulk under 10 turns from just match damage + his attack tile, and if not for getting 15 Angers he'd then quickly put anyone else away too.

This event seems to be scaling harder than last time. Who is beating those nodes to drive up the community scaling? I don't think it's unreasonable tough but it sure doesn't seem like community scaling should be even higher than before compared to when we had X Force.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I felt the bump on the IF AND falcon node like everyone else, but the bullseye/Ares one was a nightmare, had give up last night after throwing every viable team at them...got it this morning with Mags/Thor/Loki, dropped a mags red with a favourable board on bullseye befor his first sheild, was a cake walk after that!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looking at my score I'm playing significantly less than normal (partly due to the difficulty) but maintaining just as much lead if not greater than usual, so this suggests people are likely getting stomped by these nodes which is hardly surprising. What's suprising is that the node levels continue to go up faster than previous iterations of TaT as far as I can tell even though it sure doesn't look like anybody's beating them reliably. Playing these nodes makes me wonder if I missed a memo somewhere and that Daken, Ares, or Muscles are no longer considered top tier PvE opponents and everyone's just easily stomping them now.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For my last run, I went full boosts since the node 5.
    It's highly unusual for me to use so much boosts but I simply hasn't the patience this time to go through all these nodes and these amounts of health points icon_e_surprised.gif I found more fun to have some quick, unfair (in my favor) fights!

What's bothering me is the fact that this new play habit - a bit lazy and expensive - could be the sign that I'm starting to be bored with the game. Perhaps I just need to change my expectations regarding this game. icon_neutral.gif

PS: Or I'm just a sadistic player, after all I really enjoy wiping out my opponents with ease icon_twisted.gif !
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Looking at my score I'm playing significantly less than normal (partly due to the difficulty) but maintaining just as much lead if not greater than usual, so this suggests people are likely getting stomped by these nodes which is hardly surprising. What's suprising is that the node levels continue to go up faster than previous iterations of TaT as far as I can tell even though it sure doesn't look like anybody's beating them reliably. Playing these nodes makes me wonder if I missed a memo somewhere and that Daken, Ares, or Muscles are no longer considered top tier PvE opponents and everyone's just easily stomping them now.
    Getting stomped or being burnt out.

General forums are practically a riot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jamesdevil wrote:
    I felt the bump on the IF AND falcon node like everyone else, but the bullseye/Ares one was a nightmare, had give up last night after throwing every viable team at them...got it this morning with Mags/Thor/Loki, dropped a mags red with a favourable board on bullseye befor his first sheild, was a cake walk after that!

Ah... unfortunatly i didn't notice the node that unlocked afterwards until now >.> the final two nodes were easy as hell after the Bullseye/Ares one!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fight for life and AI whips out World Rupture. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's PVEs that really increase and define my frustration with the health/health packs/hp regeneration stuff...

Not sure whether to icon_lol.gif , icon_e_sad.gif , or get icon_mad.gif ...

Thinking I'll just go with the usual icon_rolleyes.gif

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's PVEs that really increase and define my frustration with the health/health packs/hp regeneration stuff...

Not sure whether to icon_lol.gif , icon_e_sad.gif , or get icon_mad.gif ...

Thinking I'll just go with the usual icon_rolleyes.gif

DBC
    are you saying you're not impressed with D3's rebalancing of PVEs icon_e_wink.gif