Thick as Thieves - May 7 - May 12

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Man this new skrull event is even worse than the old one for me. Specially since I got hulkbuster and he's doing nothing seemingly. My teams don't have the ability to do anything thanks to falcon who just constantly throws out redwing and then by the time I shut down falcon iron fist hits me with his stupid 4,500 damage move every turn. Not just that but I also have to worry about the occasional sniper rifle shot from the stupid hitman. How could they have made something that was already hard even more unplayable. Skipping that node from now on
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Agreed the new Skrull node is a pain, wiped first time around with some ridiculous cascades but thankfully a more favourable board 2nd time around wasn't as bad but replays will not be worth the health packs. Luckily I have all three essentials.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nodes are a lot harder without Xforce but I played some matches with my newly maxed She Hulk and turned the tables a few times. Stealing Threaten = instant win. Against the Venom node I ran She Hulk Patch Elektra and he killed himself on Elektra's trap tiles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RoryQ wrote:
    Agreed the new Skrull node is a pain, wiped first time around with some ridiculous cascades but thankfully a more favourable board 2nd time around wasn't as bad but replays will not be worth the health packs. Luckily I have all three essentials.

I took in Blade, mohawk and cMags. Concentrate down Falcon first before he starts to buff IF's strike tile and throw his purple protect tile skill at you. It's not an easy fight, but an interesting one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How are people getting so many points in Family Reunion? All of my nodes give 100-300pts fully refreshed and I see people with like 9000 points already icon_e_sad.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alecrizzle wrote:
    How are people getting so many points in Family Reunion? All of my nodes give 100-300pts fully refreshed and I see people with like 9000 points already icon_e_sad.gif
    Insert that batman slapping robin for grinding the nodes 6 times as soon as the sub opens meme
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just did pretty well in EotS (13th overall in my bracket), started this one, and it feels almost like I'm playing with 1* characters. Lost both my A & B teams (2*), and have been shuffling under-leveled 3*s through just to get through most of a clear. I even lost my shiny new IMHB in the essential. icon_eek.gif

Kind of relieved that I have zero interest in doing well in this one, minus hoping to at least hit progression for MoStorm...

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Last event had some nice hero synergy. I feel like every buffed hero is stepping on every other buffed hero for this one.

Who exactly are we supposed to pair Mystique with? Blade for the double black/purple, or hulkbuster for the black/blue?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Personally, I found Iron Fist, Falcon & Goon to be easier than the Ironman, CMag & Goon. At least we no longer have Magnetized Projectile killing off a character every few turns.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dathremar wrote:
    Personally, I found Iron Fist, Falcon & Goon to be easier than the Ironman, CMag & Goon. At least we no longer have Magnetized Projectile killing off a character every few turns.

I agree. The goons NOT feading the heroes makes it so much more manageable. You will take guaranteed damage from the attack tile, but you can use this to your advantage with the likes of Hulk or Captain Marvel
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    Anybody know how long the subs run for?

Family Reunion is 24 hours.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im trying to compare last run to this run, either I missed something last time or there are 3 new nodes in Family Reunion. Can anyone else confirm?

The node order has changed as has some of the individual enemies but the flavor text has stayed the same
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good God I hate icon_ares.png Surprisingly all subsequent battles after Anderson Bio-Technic V are easier.
  • enigo me
    enigo me Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    2nd sub's node sequence has the second to last pop up down in the easy nodes. it took me a minute to spot. 2nd sub appears much easier w/o the falcon/goon/iron fist health pack suck node.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AznLyte wrote:
    Hard to confirm. There's an error in the previews.

It says top 20 "Red and Yellow" and shows the yellow cover. For 21-50, it just says "Vision, Android Avenger," like there's only one cover, but it still shows the yellow cover. Only at 51-100 does it switch to just the red cover, so while it's possible that only top 20 has 2 covers, it's also possible that top 50 have 2 covers as well.

Just a heads up guys, the rewards are straightened out now: 1-2 4*hor, 3-10 b/y/r Vision 1500iso & 50hp, 11-20 y/r Vision 1500iso & 50hp, 21-50 y/r Vision 1000iso & 50hp
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's annoying about this event is last time the progression was 65k for Kamala Khan, now it's only 24k for freaking Mohawk! She was my first fully covered 3*... 3 months ago! Can we move past her and start using other 3*'s. If we're going to use older 3*'s then how about Punisher, Pyslocke, Falcon.. anyone else would be lovely! icon_razz.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just did pretty well in EotS (13th overall in my bracket), started this one, and it feels almost like I'm playing with 1* characters. Lost both my A & B teams (2*), and have been shuffling under-leveled 3*s through just to get through most of a clear. I even lost my shiny new IMHB in the essential. icon_eek.gif

Kind of relieved that I have zero interest in doing well in this one, minus hoping to at least hit progression for MoStorm...

DBC

Yeah, this. I hate this event more than cancer and all the Kardashians combined. Family Reunion V and up are an absolute **** shoot no matter how deep your roster and how high they are leveled. It's digital poison.

But I'm a slave to collecting the New Shiny, so I'll just risk the aneurysm.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Im trying to compare last run to this run, either I missed something last time or there are 3 new nodes in Family Reunion. Can anyone else confirm?

The node order has changed as has some of the individual enemies but the flavor text has stayed the same

There's an extra essential node (Bullseye) and 2 extra hard nodes (Daken and 3 goons). Some of the enemy setup has changed too, most notably Magneto/Ironman become Iron Fist/Falcon even though they still talk about the Skrulls shapeshifting into Magneto and Ironman.

Iron Fist, even without an AP pump, is probably as dangerous as Magneto though Hulk + Blade + Punisher works out to be a very good team against him since Hulk gets green, red, blue, and yellow even with Blade/Punisher both at level 240.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Really hating the Falcon/IF/Goon node right now. Hate it more than Mags/IM40. At least you knew with Mags if the goon made his move instead, you had a chance... with this one, it just sucks in its entirety.

3* transitioner here, and none of my guys are adequate for tackling this node. Used Mohawk and hogged the board with her attack tiles, but she got taken out by a sniper shot. Blade threw out a couple of strike tiles, but he was downed pretty quickly too. I took out Falcon, but barely dented IF before I died.

1st turn the tile drops set up a match 4 green for the AI, where apparently there was 2 more greens somewhere in that row because on turn 2 IF came out with his Green attack first thing, hitting Blade and generating his own strike tiles. Downhill from there. Between his attack tile on turn 1 and his strike tiles on turn 2, there was no hope but I let it play out much to my dismay. I'd try to whale it with a TU, but in that whole round, there was hardly any TU tiles, I collected maybe 3? Even the AI who eats them up like candy never got off his TU ability.

Attempt 2: Groot, SW, MHawk
    Great start, had a couple match 5's, got some quick shots out there... of course AI matches half of them away with a small cascade, but very little damage, just matching away my major damage CD Tiles... Quickshot goes off and kills Falcon by round 3 or 4. Yes! Groot smashes the board, and red tiles are everywhere, (where's blade when you need him... oh yeah, dead from previous attempt when there was barely any red) and this is after IF miraculously created Black tiles twice already. SW generates a match 5 with her blue CD tile, I was careless and matched a tile with MHawk instead of Groot, and IF uses his Green attack and downs IF, throws out a bunch of strike tiles, matches red... and a giant cascade ensues (because of all that red on the board) with his strike tiles surviving (of course) and downing Groot who was mostly full of health. So now SW is alone facing IF and Goon, and dies from IF punch (since of course he has over 12 black AP). Started off good, but ended horribly. I'm done with that one. Screw the next 2 nodes I'll never open. I'll have to farm 2 of the 3 essentials since I don't have 2* Cap... never have and never will.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd just like to add the obligatory....my scaling for this event is ridiculous. I could barely make it through a single run at open. As the sub scales, it'll probably be impossible for me to win anything in this event.

They've been making an effort to "standardize" the various events....why not standardize the scaling? Enemy of the State was very reasonable.
    well I'm with you hesj. up until ultron my scaling wasn't too bad but I'd never used my one maxed character, Lthor. of course I used the heck out of him for ultron and then in EotS, the only way to finish some of those nodes was to use him so I used him on the last nodes (the hardest) in each sub (hey, it was for hulkbuster). I also got my cap to 5 reds (now at 3/5/1) right before EotS and goon only nodes became much more trivial. those things together have my scaling really out of whack I guess. mind you I have one 166 (Lthor), one 140 (loki), one 110 (grocket) and everyone else at 104 down (with only daredevil fully covered). my last 3 nodes were IF/falcon/goon lvl 180, daken/goon/goon 200, and the last goon only nodes was 240.

actually the goon only nodes with 5 red on cap become much more trivial but it just takes forever to get through all the health - used 104cap/104Cyclops/94mnmags. the other 2 high nodes sucked. health packs for all after both of those. combinations of thor/loki/doom/cap/Cyclops. made it to the end but lost a character each time and only barely made it (other than the goon only - did that one without taking damage - that will bite me for sure). hope t150 won't require me to grind those - theres no way.