4/28 Server Issues (Outages Resolved)

Options

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The start and the end cost us a shot at clearing round 8, i woke up for the start of the event only for it to be down. Called it a night and woke up to be in round 3/4 of Ultron.

The outage last night also cost me the grind i needed on Oscorp for a stab at Red Steve Rogers, fat chance of that happening as making up 30k+ and trying for Hulkbuster Ultron is going to be nigh on impossible.. Unless i just live in the game icon_lol.gif
  • Let's hope we won't have server issues later on today when the 2nd Ultron Event starts.

Apparently the Ultron PvE requires a lot of server resources.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Let's hope we won't have server issues later on today when the 2nd Ultron Event starts.

Apparently the Ultron PvE requires a lot of server resources.
    Apparently Ultron still wins

~~~~

Please fix the servers I missed Earth's mightiest PVP and need to prepare for Ultron event
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Let's hope we won't have server issues later on today when the 2nd Ultron Event starts.
    It'll be worse than the first run.
    Now everyone knows that rounds 1-3 fly bye too fast, so everyone will try to log in to grab some tokens - which certainly will cause outages again.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Several of my alliance mates couldn't log in for upwards of 5 hours. I managed to get on here and there, but still missed a fair bit of time. I wouldn't be upset if we got some compensation for it, especially seeing as how many groups like mine possibly/probably/definitely missed out on prized rewards like those Scarlet Witch covers.

Good luck, and I hope we can have a Hulkbuster event free of such headaches!
  • Please delay the second run of the event until this problem is solved. The prizes are significantly better on the second run and it's likely to put even more pressure on the servers.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Our alliance had kill ultron, but the servers crashed before we could do the last nods for that last blue Scarlett Witch, SO WE WANT IT... icon_mad.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been getting messages all morning, we were sooo close to finishing round 6 and getting SW for the next event.. 3 alliance mates were cheated out of QS covers, we all lost out on SW... please tell us there is something in the works to fix this!!
  • Elayne
    Elayne Posts: 23
    Options
    I got locked out of the earth's mightest pvp for the last 4 hours before my end time. Offseason I know but I wanted to earn more of the rewards. I also lost any chance at pve since my alliance was done with ultron and I was ready to work on the heoric.

Compensation is due all around for many things.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it safe to assume run 2 of this event will suffer the same issues? Unplayable for the first and last 5 hours? What is being done to handle the additional traffic event opening and closing brings?
  • schwizzle wrote:
    otrigorin wrote:
    I work in games, and I've had nights like this. Good luck over there.

This. Tempted to pass the hat and send you chaps some pizza and Red Bull.

Thanks to both of you for reminding us to keep the devs/the crashing servers in perspective.

No kidding. I'm amazed at the abuse, direct and subtle, in these threads. Servers crashed. It happens. There will be compensation or there won't. It's not an intentional act.

Jeebus Cripes.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand that technology sometimes fails. but they should have known the server capacity required when you don't slice the biggest event in the game's history up. On top of said big event, you have the following:

1 the heroic pve event
    2 the earth's mightiest pvp
    3 some beginning combined arms hoping for early seed teams
    4 lightning rounds
    5 deadpool daily

so, even for those who were done with ultron, you basically guaranteed that most all of the players would be on last night in some capacity or another. if you didn't have server capacity, don't stack the events. that said, the ultron event was a success for my group because luckily we finished rd 7 five hrs from the end, right before the issues happened. as it was I was planning on farming LRs and pushing up in earth's mightiest. really need the iso and could use another gsbw cover for the next ultron event. glad I was done with ddq and ultron or I would be much less happy about things.

hope they really figure things out before this next event. good luck guys - we're all pulling for you to figure it out. and don't sweat the venom spewed by some of the keyboard warriors. I would contribute for you guys some pizza and coffee, I'm sure you could use it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you need to break the groups down:

1) Those that didn't get progression because Ultron was gone after clearing Level 8
    2) Those that didn't get to play AvU the last 5 hours due to Server issues, who would have likely hit progression/beat Ultron lvl and the Prime it unlocked.
    3) Those who couldn't participate in Heroic grind for the Red Steve Rogers due to server issues
    4) Those who couldn't finish the PVP that ended during the time the servers were down due to server issues
    5) Some Iso for those who couldn't even fight in the lightning round because of the server issues
    6) Those who could not compete in the Deadpool Daily event for the coveted Black Panther Rage of the Panther cover.

Compensation per group:

1) The next progression reward a person would have hit at the minimum, remaining progression rewards up to top progression at the most.
    2) As stated by others above, the next progression reward + the SW cover for the Ultron Prime Node that would have been unlocked if they were in the process of defeating Ultron level 6 or higher.
    3) The top Progression reward for those that missed a whole night of grinding for points in a heroic, the Red Steve Rogers cover.
    4) This one, I don't know what to suggest. PVP is so volatile in the last few hours, you have shields expiring, progression gained, points lost, it's a **** shoot where you'll end up. I have no suggestions as I'm a casual PVP player, 300 - 400 points max, and whatever rank that gets me based on my slice/bracket.
    5) Whats the average Iso gain from a lightning round? I seldom play them.
    6) Insert the Black Panther Rage of the Panther cover again tomorrow so that people can attempt it again. Some may get a duplicate, but they still have to work for it, and you'd still have to have it to get it instead of a blanket gifting.

For me personally, I fall into group 3 only. My PVP has a couple more hours to go, and I seldom play the lightning rounds. Half of our alliance fall into group 1.

I'd be happy with compensation equitable to the group I fall into... namely a Red Steve Rogers cover.
  • JVReal wrote:
    I think you need to break the groups down:
    3) Those who couldn't participate in Heroic grind for the Red Steve Rogers due to server issues
    Compensation per group:
    3) The top Progression reward for those that missed a whole night of grinding for points in a heroic, the Red Steve Rogers cover.

For me personally, I fall into group 3 only. My PVP has a couple more hours to go, and I seldom play the lightning rounds. Half of our alliance fall into group 1.

I'd be happy with compensation equitable to the group I fall into... namely a Red Steve Rogers cover.

Same with me. That SRCA would have given me my third 3* with 5 covers, and I lost the whole day's grind due to my schedule.

Still gonna try, but it's quite a wall atm...

I'm honestly not expecting anything from D3, but man, would it feel great if they offered me that cover...

DBC
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    this affected my PvP as my alliance cleared Ultron and I got in early and beat the last node. I can only do shard 1 in the week and the minute I joined the servers went down. I got maybe 3 matches in and missed out on all the progression rewards, that would be a fitting compensation.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    schwizzle wrote:
    otrigorin wrote:
    I work in games, and I've had nights like this. Good luck over there.

This. Tempted to pass the hat and send you chaps some pizza and Red Bull.

Thanks to both of you for reminding us to keep the devs/the crashing servers in perspective.

No kidding. I'm amazed at the abuse, direct and subtle, in these threads. Servers crashed. It happens. There will be compensation or there won't. It's not an intentional act.

Jeebus Cripes.

If they did, in fact, push an update when there was six hours left in a highly contested event, than I think it's reasonable to hold them accountable for their bad judgment. Criticism and abuse are not the same thing. These are some of the nicest upset customers and fans I have ever seen.
  • Mawryk
    Mawryk Posts: 14
    Options
    So after missing out on my final QS cover AND losing my top 10 standing in the Oscorp PVE, figured I'd take care of DDQ before new server issues happen with the next round of Ultron. Did one match. Now I'm back to no events, before I can get the big enchilada. Sigh. Here' s hoping things get patched up soonish!
  • Very frustrating seeing my rank go from 4-16 over the past 12 hours but being unable to actually fight. Is it happening to anyone else where they can see VS but when they try to fight it just keeps loading? Obviously others are in and they are kicking my butt :/
  • It looks like the Ultron event is starting again in 1 hour...so the servers are fixed? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • kibbymiah
    kibbymiah Posts: 19
    Options
    There best be compensation; I've put money into this game to keep up with the new characters they keep pumping out and it's a NOOB mistake on their part to not keep up with servers. You can't hype an event that your not even ready for! Any game that has server problems COMPENSATES and I don't want any ridiculous gold tokens. I've opened up over 30 last few days only to win 4 3*'s. I want the covers I would of won if your servers didn't **** out. 2 Scarlet Witch and last Quicksilver. I was saving the scarlet witch nodes for after my alliance had enough points, next thing I know for 8hours I couldn't get on anything, ANYTHING. And to have little to no communication I suppose can only mean MPQ is embarrassed, and so they should be...