4/28 Server Issues (Outages Resolved)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone,

A quick update on the server issues. We are aware of the problems and the Demiurge team have been investigating and working on a fix.

I know this isn't much info, but I wanted to let you know that work is ongoing. When we have further info, myself or one of the developers will post another update. Thank you for your patience while we get this sorted out.

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem seems to have started after tonight's update, at least for me.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Communication is all I have ever asked for.

So thank you for a prompt acknowledgement of the issue.
    Thank you for communicating that steps are being made to address the issue.
    Thank you for the promise of follow up communication.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    The problem seems to have started after tonight's update, at least for me.
    same here, after the update was finished, everything aside from the basic stories were gone...now I'll never know what it feels like to SW T-T
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I appreciate the post. Although 5+ hours into the issue isn't exactly prompt, but better late than never. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Between the server issues at the start of Ultron and now at the end, my alliance is missing out on a second Scarlet Witch cover and at least two alliance mates are missing out on the last Quicksilver as they can't make max progression tonight.

It's a mess. Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    These last few hours have been an absolute nightmare for my alliance. Even with all of the server issues enough of us managed to squeeze in enough hits to finally down R8 Ultron. But now? The event ends in 15 minutes, most of us can't connect again, and even if we could the last Ultron Prime node still hasn't opened. There is literally nothing we can do.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did I hear something about us having free access to Marvel Unlimited while the MPQ servers were down? Some kind of a cross-promotion thing that gives us something to do on our down time?

I kid.
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    We are literally one kill away from finishing level 5 with at least two alliance mates locked out of the game. Very poor timing.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    These last few hours have been an absolute nightmare for my alliance. Even with all of the server issues enough of us managed to squeeze in enough hits to finally down R8 Ultron. But now? The event ends in 15 minutes, most of us can't connect again, and even if we could the last Ultron Prime node still hasn't opened. There is literally nothing we can do.
    Well at least some of your alliance were fortunate enough to connect.
    I've been completely down for over 5 hours after beating a QS survival node and the app promptly exiting.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    We experienced game server issues during the launch of ultron event. Now it's the last few hours of ultron event again, and we're experiencing the same issues. Coincidence? Or simply inadequate number of servers to handle all the players squeezing in as many matches as possible for the SW/QS covers?

It is definitely frustrating, but totally predictable. I'm glad my alliance had cleared round 8 of ultron more than a day ago, b/c otherwise everyone is in jeopardy of losing the SW cover due to the server issues.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    Well at least some of your alliance were fortunate enough to connect.
    I've been completely down for over 5 hours after beating a QS survival node and the app promptly exiting.

Small comfort given that the ones who got in already hit progression, and none have gotten icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png
  • rhensell
    rhensell Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please tell me that you'll be offering a 2nd chance at the blackflag.png cover for BP since we can't access DDQ...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    My alliance was two fights away from killing the final Ultron.

I was waiting for him to die, so I could get my final Scarlet Witch.

Since I was locked out of the event for the first 6 hours due to the PREVIOUS outages, my chances of getting Quicksilver were very slim. And now I will NEVER get him.

I was 23rd in Oscorp Heroic.

I still had to play DDQ for Black Panther.

I was in the middle of a Lightning Round.

Again.......this is all quite inexcusable.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yup, between downtime at beginning and end of event, my alliance could have had at least the 2nd SW cover if not also the 3rd. Here's to hoping D3 does right by us.

edit: word choice
  • i was waiting the "health regen" for the "Oscorp heroic" icon_e_sad.gif
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I lost my chance to grind Oscorp at the end of the slice to make up grounds for earlier.

You guys seriously need to delay Hulkbuster until you can handle events with no time slices. This will just happen again in 12 hours.

Oh, and run LRs an extra day, please.
  • icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Translation: We'd hoped that enough players would've finished early so the servers wouldn't get overloaded like at the start of the event. We were wrong and have no idea how to fix it
  • Umm... this too shall pass? icon_e_confused.gif

I wanted to get started on some of the events I had put off due to Ultron... oh well...
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I work in games, and I've had nights like this. Good luck over there.