Let's all rate MPQ for Avengers vs Ultron

Comments

• i will rate 1/5
    since it has me to wait one more hour to play it
    and possible spoiler for the movie icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • noisnam wrote:
    i will rate 1/5
    since it has me to wait one more hour to play it
    and possible spoiler for the movie icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Things spoiled by this game mode:
    The Avengers are going to be in the movie (Check the essentials list for who)
    Ultron will be in the movie
    They will fight each other (Multiple times)
    Ultron will have "goons" in the movie
    The movie will be shown twice with two different start times (International and US releases)
    Scarlet Witch will be available to join the Avengers roster by the end of the movie
  • I can't believe how much cynicism there is going on here. Especially when "mood on the forums" is another indicator they use to judge content by. A Dev flat out tells us they do less boosting and more nerfing because that gets the biggest reaction, and they release a new brand of PvE and your reaction is going to be "Meh"? Really?
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    shurak wrote:
    This event is going to fulfill some of my wishes I suggested before:
    -Non-competitive events
    -Alliance events
    -Boss fights
    -New game play mode
    So if this event is going to be also fun to play I'll say they take some steps in the direction I like

True, if this doesn't pull it off, nothing will. Not high expectations, but if this doesn't work, truly no hope for future events. I'm even gonna fall for joining first split, that's an epic fail choice but I'm gonna do it.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    I can't believe how much cynicism there is going on here. Especially when "mood on the forums" is another indicator they use to judge content by. A Dev flat out tells us they do less boosting and more nerfing because that gets the biggest reaction, and they release a new brand of PvE and your reaction is going to be "Meh"? Really?

no offense dude.. but the timing of your post is so troll when the event hasnt even started. troll post gets troll answer. welcome to the dark side of internet.
  • They give you a crumb and you want to help them out? No Thanks. -1 Apple Store rating already submitted.

Lol at giving MPQ credit after they neuter your time, effort, $$, rosters, etc etc. You realize you are getting excited about something that, if too good, will just be trashed and you left with nothing...again.
  • Hulk11
    Switchman wrote:
    They give you a crumb and you want to help them out? No Thanks. -1 Apple Store rating already submitted.

Lol at giving MPQ credit after they neuter your time, effort, $$, rosters, etc etc. You realize you are getting excited about something that, if too good, will just be trashed and you left with nothing...again.

Hulk no want to hear that ecountdown.pngecountdown.pngicon_mrgreen.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    I can't believe how much cynicism there is going on here. Especially when "mood on the forums" is another indicator they use to judge content by. A Dev flat out tells us they do less boosting and more nerfing because that gets the biggest reaction, and they release a new brand of PvE and your reaction is going to be "Meh"? Really?

Game won't even load for me at the moment, people can't even join the event. Gee I wonder why we arent all so optimistic? icon_lol.gif
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Yeah I will certainly be rating based on this event.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Game won't even load for me at the moment, people can't even join the event. Gee I wonder why we arent all so optimistic? icon_lol.gif
    I guess their servers are overloaded with a lot of people trying to jump right at the start icon_e_confused.gif
  • Your idea, to rate based on this event, may very well backfire like you never could have imagined...
    Tinykitty is hitting the fan. Hard.

The funniest thing is that the game server is down, but the forum server is up... allowing people to come on here and vent! LOL
  • Just played the first fight in the node
    And its awful just awful, enemies seem to be designed to make you waste health packs, can't stun them, can't stop them just got to watch them beating the **** of me slowly and then suddenly jumping to destroy me with crit tiles flying all around
    If thats just the start, an easy node, i dont see the event going too far for me
  • Hulk11
    Thamanator wrote:
    Your idea, to rate based on this event, may very well backfire like you never could have imagined...
    Tinykitty is hitting the fan. Hard.

The funniest thing is that the game server is down, but the forum server is up... allowing people to come on here and vent! LOL
    d7C3AOO.jpg
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Taken totally out of context from the Thor et al Nerf discussion thread:
    Other folks later in the thread pointed out that that would have an impact on the business end of things. That's totally true, but we've also seen that improving underpowered characters doesn't have a noticeable impact on any of the ways we try to understand how much people are enjoying the game: ratings of how fun the game is and how likely you are to recommend the game from one-on-one interviews, how much people play in a sitting, how much they play in a day, how long they stick around, how much they think the experience is worth and are willing to spend, ratings on the app store, the mood of these forums and other places on the internet where MPQ players hang out, the feedback that shows up in the mail. If we saw that improving underpowered characters had big effects in those areas, I bet my bosses would choose a short-term loss of revenue in order to get to a game that people enjoy more and stick around in longer - we've made that trade-off many times.

To be totally clear: I think balance is really important. I think it's important in vital and subtle ways that only show up in the game's success in the very long term. I think improving underpowered characters plays a part in the long-term success of Marvel Puzzle Quest. We're going to continue to make balance changes, and just today I reviewed early drafts of changes to several underpowered characters. It's a piece of the puzzle, but we'll probably continue to put the majority of our effort into other things that seem to bring more joy to more people.

So it's clear what needs to happen. If Avengers vs Ultron is in fact as cool as we all think it's going to be, we need a way to show a "noticeable impact" on something they register. The easiest thing to affect is probably "Ratings on the app store". Let's all go give MPQ a 5 star rating on R74 for the new content.

Maybe if the rating increases dramatically, or they see enough 5* ratings in this short time period, the message will get across that "This is how we want to PvE forever now" icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just put my 5* rating and review on the Google Play store. Come join me!

D3 still worthy of that 5* rating? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28342
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28367
  • Hulk11
    Half tempted to one star them, work by tomorrow or else lol. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:

The hilarious thing is that I said "wait and see if the event is even good", you call me cynical, the event comes out and it's nothing but a pile of bugs that takes out your ability to play in regular events.

Lmfao this is gold.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 stars...

out of 100 maybe icon_lol.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still sticking to that star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating? icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I want to see the scaling first icon_e_wink.gif

I'm still waiting it out until the end to give final thoughts, in large part due to that.

First hour: this is awesome! So many new fights, new enemies and abilities, new content and visuals! I'm a bit confused how this all works, a little more "do part A once to do part B once then back to part A" would have been nice...

Second hour: This is still cool! I wish the servers would stop crashing, but playing over and over is fun, getting lots of progression rewards is fun!

Third hour: This is...getting long. Are these subs ("pins") ever going to update, or am I going to be fighting the same subs the entire event? I also notice not only is Ultron getting tougher, but all the subs are getting quite a bit tougher as well. I almost wiped on the IM essential with my covered 140 IM the first time, I don't know if I want to touch it this fourth time....

Fourth hour: Well, scaling has really ramped up already. I have to stop, it's using all my health packs (which have been regenerating this whole time as well). Good thing I'm not overlapping with the other PVE - I stopped playing those. But I have to save up the health packs for the end of the PVP. I'm also keeping an eye on the Ultron Prime nodes - I could have sworn node 8 started out around level 180 and even though only node 3 is open, node 8 now is level 210. Is it scaling up before even getting to? Server issues continue...occasionally beating Ultron for "+0" points.

Fifth hour: check-back, yeah, I can run a sub or two from recover time. Run Ultron a time or two as well. And now every character I have over level 150 is pretty much out of health. All the essentials have a few hours to recover. I tried some level 140's back when Ultron/Subs were level one...I don't think I can trust them anymore. I really wish I could run the ultron prime nodes more than once, I'm already getting a little bored with the other subs, and those were something a little different. I wonder if the top QS progression is possible - or even one QS progression.

--We'll see. It's been fun to start! But then it's been a huge grind already, and it has just started. And I've started to wonder: is this just a PVE by another name? Yeah, it's not "competitive" - that we can see. But there could easily be the same "T150/T20/T5" expectations for teams in the background - it doesn't seem like the quick/fun/easy play style that DDQ is, and I was hoping for more of. Is there an "easy" non-vet bracket? Should we put a couple non-vets on the team, will they bring team difficulty down? I can see why it took forever for the Devs to roll out - it takes forever to play it.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    The Good:
    -The guaranteed each colour setup by clearing all the nodes is good although i'm pretty sure not so friendly with newbies
    - Surely there's less burn out and stress over a regular pve
    - The rate of the tokens reminds me of Devil Dino, is like the only time you can actually get the featured hero before playing the pve, unless you have dumbass luck, wish they did it more often!

The Bad:
    - Grinding required playing same 6 nodes for a 4 days goes against sanity
    - If you beat Ultron the nodes close, so good bye to progress, wonderful thinking!
    - Who was the genius that thought it was smart to choose 1* Iron Man as essential? even if i get to change it (you can swap Thors without problem), what about the ppl that only has that alternative?

The Ugly:
    - We all waited for it and... there's no story, no new content, just fight and fight with the same nodes, this is the more dissapointing fact of it
    - Progression rewards at 1.000.000.000.000 really? Its Quicksilver now so i dont care but still, that could have been the cherry on top of it but they failed at it
    Make the rewards more reachable, thats something i haven't seen since some CMags covers at 160.000 in a event where you could grind all to 140.000 only, a step backwards here
    - Unrelated to the event, but isnt a pvp and season end enough? you also have to add a second pve on covers that ppl would like to get like respec to recently updated She Hulk? surely we dont have to get everything but you dont have to make it impossible as well

Conclusion:
    First, I think they nailed the concept of a pve event, not ruining it with impossible scaling like Gauntlet (well they still have second run to do that), its the right way and there were good things like the token % and chance to complete your 3*.
    Second I look forward to a 4* event like this
    Finally, there's still many things to improve, at least it feels for once they are on the right track on the basic things