New Marvel Puzzle Quest Update on Youtube

124»

Comments

• It sounds like everyone joins the event individually into a 20 man alliance only leaderboard. So anyone who wants only PvP rewards could stay until the season ends on Sunday and then bail out for the last 2 days of AvU for someone to take his place as long as he never joined in before, but he's missed 50% of the event so far so not sure how that would play out.

Instead why not encourage your alliance mates to actually play this PvE, even if they are mostly only PvP. It promises to be a different PvE experience anyway, so it should have at least some interest as the "new shiny".
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some issues that Will clarified in the video comments.

On how swapping alliances works:
    You'll be playing alongside the alliance you were in when you first joined the event (when you first click on the event button, there will be a pop-up that asks you to confirm that you want to join the event as part of that alliance), no matter how many times you swap afterwards.

On Quicksilver being an essential character:
    (We're also accounting for the fact that Quicksilver's a recently released character and there have been fewer opportunities to earn covers for him - the missions where he's required are easier than the other ones.)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Excellent. So you join with the people you want to play PvE with, and then you can go your separate ways for PvP and it won't change a thing.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Excellent. So you join with the people you want to play PvE with, and then you can go your separate ways for PvP and it won't change a thing.

That's almost the problem - it won't change a thing with alliance swapping/hopping. Everyone hops in to the PVE alliance you want, then hops out: then returns to mercing or hopping into PVP alliances.

If they want to prevent alliance hopping, they need to lock not only beginning scores, but only count points that are accumulated while in alliance. It seems all this change does is make alliance hopping more assured (or earlier).
  • I wanted to comment on the fact that all versions of a character will be able to be sued for their essential node. This takes a huge load off those that either don't have a specific version or have him underleveled compared to another. This also helps out all levels of players new and vet, so great idea from the Devs.

I actually have always thought doing this would be a great additional to the game over all in any mode of play (especially now that X-Force is not the instant go to version of Wolverine). It would open up a new layer of strategy for characters that have more than a "Lazy" counterpart. Do I want to use the version with A,B, and C powers? Or the one with X, Y, and Z? It would also, again, help those that are missing covers or have underleveled versions.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alexraven wrote:
    I wanted to comment on the fact that all versions of a character will be able to be sued for their essential node. This takes a huge load off those that either don't have a specific version or have him underleveled compared to another. This also helps out all levels of players new and vet, so great idea from the Devs.

I actually have always thought doing this would be a great additional to the game over all in any mode of play (especially now that X-Force is not the instant go to version of Wolverine). It would open up a new layer of strategy for characters that have more than a "Lazy" counterpart. Do I want to use the version with A,B, and C powers? Or the one with X, Y, and Z? It would also, again, help those that are missing covers or have underleveled versions.

I also like the ability to use multiple versions, it makes it interesting and branches out to help more people (at different days/levels of play).

If it's avengers, you have:
    3*/2*/1* Black Widow
    3*/2*/1* Iron Man
    4*(?)/3*/2* Thor
    3*/2* Captain America
    [Possibly 3*/2* Spiderman?]

The concerns would be:
    4* Fury (only)
    3* Hulk (only)
    3* Quicksilver (only)
    2*/1* Hawkeye (only)

There some of the high level folks may not have Hawkeye, the mid level folks may not have Fury, and the low level folks may not have the 3*'s.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

That's almost the problem - it won't change a thing with alliance swapping/hopping. Everyone hops in to the PVE alliance you want, then hops out: then returns to mercing or hopping into PVP alliances.

If they want to prevent alliance hopping, they need to lock not only beginning scores, but only count points that are accumulated while in alliance. It seems all this change does is make alliance hopping more assured (or earlier).

It also gives us a new way to play cooperatively with alliance-mates beyond just adding up final scores at the end of an event. That can be a goal in itself.
  • Went into this feeling excited, now hoping it's "all types of alliances" friendly.

I've currently got a weak roster (A & B 2* squads, no respectable 3* characters), but I work my tail off in PVE, and I'm hoping my contributions will matter...

DBC
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    SteveMcM wrote:
    The tokens sound cool, question for the vets - the anniversary tokens on DD, were they generally seen as worth spending HP on?

If they keep the odds and the price from the anniversary (50 HP once a day) I would say yes. My tally from the anniversary tokens was seven 4* and nine 3* covers out of 36 tokens. Better hit rate than what I've been getting from tacos.

It prompted me to post

8rFGv0X.png?1

because I used all of those covers.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alexraven wrote:

If it's avengers, you have:
    3*/2*/1* Black Widow
    3*/2*/1* Iron Man
    4*(?)/3*/2* Thor
    3*/2* Captain America
    [Possibly 3*/2* Spiderman?]

The concerns would be:
    4* Fury (only)
    3* Hulk (only)
    3* Quicksilver (only)
    2*/1* Hawkeye (only)

There some of the high level folks may not have Hawkeye, the mid level folks may not have Fury, and the low level folks may not have the 3*'s.
    [/quote]

Where did you get a 2* Ironman? Did I miss that event?
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Avengers Vs. Ultron: Round 1 is now in preview mode. Powered up:
    • Quicksilver
    • Nick Fury
    • Black Widow (Grey Suit, Modern)
    • Captain America (Steve, Modern)
    • Hulk
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Thor (Modern, Marvel Now)
    • Hawkeye (Classic, Modern)
    • Iron Man (Models 35 and 40)

Boo to Black Widow (Original) being missing.

Event starts in: 18h 21m
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Cymmina wrote:
    Avengers Vs. Ultron: Round 1 is now in preview mode. Powered up:
    • Quicksilver
    • Nick Fury
    • Black Widow (Grey Suit, Modern)
    • Captain America (Steve, Modern)
    • Hulk
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Thor (Modern, Marvel Now)
    • Hawkeye (Classic, Modern)
    • Iron Man (Models 35 and 40)

Boo to Black Widow (Original) being missing.

Event starts in: 18h 21m

So it's only the movie avengers. No buffs for Luke Cage, Astonishing Wolverine, Goddess of Thunder. And Black Panther hasn't made his debut in the MCU yet. I guess it makes sense. Buffed Righteous Uppercut probably would have been nice against Ultron
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    No ORIGINAL Black Widow is a complete cop out. Boo to them. Truly.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    No ORIGINAL Black Widow is a complete cop out. Boo to them. Truly.
    She was not an avenger at that time.