New Marvel Puzzle Quest Update on Youtube

Comments

• dathremar wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Interesting to hear that Casey thinks that we undervalue Captain America.

Yeah maybe 2* Cap but not 3* Steve. I'm actually quite concerned about Hawkeye. He's the only Avenger that doesn't have a 3* version meaning that not all of us would have in on our roster. I'm not really surprised that they want to promote Quicksilver, given that he's a new character and all.

Eh.. I feel like he should rank a lot higher than he does. 2 rounds ago he was out of the top 10, last round of character rankings he barely made it, new round he's almost certainly out of the top 10 (by virtue of too many 4*s) but probably not even top 10 3*. I would place him like... 4th overall 3*. Maybe 3rd.

I have a very special place in my heart for L.Cap. My first 166 and he's taken me quite long way since then.

I am not concerned about Hawkeye, although I do have a 94 Hawkeye so... He's pretty good and I'd hope any node that REQUIRES a Hawkeye can be beat by one. Throw in Thor or KK or IF for the crit tiles and maybe PX for the bonus and watch it rain damage on your enemy for using Thunderstrike.

I AM concerned about the stupid QS nodes. Bleh. Although he worked well with L.Cap and Hood as a HP sack for Hood with the occasional green outlet and burst damage so I'll probably be alright.
    slidecage wrote:
    Did they ever say if this was a normal PVE or an all new PVE.. Meaning with team rewards are we still going to have Time slices or everyone starts at once...

thanks for that info about the tokens i wonder how bigger of a chance it will be

No placement rewards and no time slices. All the rewards come from progression points and node rewards. The idea is that when your alliance beats the big Ultron fight enough times you can then fight Ultron Prime, and after you win that the whole thing repeats. The prizes for winning your sixth, seventh and eighth Ultron Prime fights are Scarlet Witch covers.

This. Is. Freaking. AWESOME. So much win for this PvE design. Assuming of course your standard 20 man alliance (and by "standard" I mean "20 people who play maybe once a day for an hour") can actually beat Ultron. I would hope it's designed such that any "top 100" alliance will make chump change out of Ultron and a more typical alliance stands a chance and not "you must be top 100 PvE alliance to stand a chance at winning".

Also, since we have an alliance specific event happening, and hopefully more like it in the future, any chance we can get a better alliance chat? It drops messages all the time. It's just terrible.

Now for my actual question: By "no other events running" do you think that means they are skipping PvP off season this time, or delaying Season 14's start for a while? 9 days between PvPs seems like a lot.
  • Question for the devs :. .....

How will Deadpool's super mega whale drop work on Ultron Prime? Whenever I've used it in the past, it instantly wipes out the entire enemy team in one hit. How will it work here? Is there a set amount, like 50k damage or will it drop Ultron Prime in one hit(I doubt it)?

Why wouldn't it? Just because he's Ultron? It's one of 8 primes you will be fighting. Do you have 224,000 Deadpool Points saved up just for this?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    My guess (based on nothing but misguided optimism) is that the difficulty will be about the same as achieving the highest progression reward in the typical PvE. Of course, a couple of events ago the Ms Marvel progression was unreachable by many, and they have no past metrics for this event to compare performance to. So who knows? I'm just excited out of my pants for something new!
  • This event sounds great. The only thing that bums be out personally is that 2 of the 5 required character nodes will always be Quicksilver since I didn't manage to nab him.
  • Do I have 224,000 DP points...uh...yes?

Actually, I'm not sure if that's true. That's almost 100 days of Deadpooling. But I can probably whale him 5 or 6 times easy.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    I only have two questions that this video didn't answer:

1) If I leave my alliance mid-event, but continue to play the PvE, will my fights still count toward knocking out Ultron as if I were still "formally" a member of the team?
    2) Will the Avengers vs. Ultron tokens have boosted odds for 3*/4* prizes like the Anniversary tokens did?

I hope the answer to both questions is yes, but either way I'm psyched for this to get underway!

(Also, this isn't a question, but seriously, devs, Quicksilver sucks. It's not just that he's a new character and that he's not very good in a fight, although he definitely is both of those things, it's that he's actively unpleasant to use. He makes the game less fun. Being required to use him will make this event less fun, and will make me try to get away with only clearing three of the five Avengers nodes whenever possible. Take that feedback for what it's worth.)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    jclast wrote:
    This event sounds great. The only thing that bums be out personally is that 2 of the 5 required character nodes will always be Quicksilver since I didn't manage to nab him.

This is a bummer. I know their PVE's usually require essential from last PVE: but it used to be those new characters weren't being used to get YET ANOTHER new character, you had a chance to use characters that you had some time to get the covers for, and level.

Now you needed KP for best chance to get QS, then a break....THEN need QS for best chance to get SW. So every single character is pretty much going to require the last character to get the next one? How is anyone ever supposed to break into this vicious cycle? icon_e_sad.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Do I have 224,000 DP points...uh...yes?

Actually, I'm not sure if that's true. That's almost 100 days of Deadpooling. But I can probably whale him 5 or 6 times easy.

I thought DP used up all his points if you super-whaled? I've never done it, and have used DP well over half of the days that he's been available, my points are pretty incredible right now.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    dathremar wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

Yeah maybe 2* Cap but not 3* Steve. I'm actually quite concerned about Hawkeye. He's the only Avenger that doesn't have a 3* version meaning that not all of us would have in on our roster. I'm not really surprised that they want to promote Quicksilver, given that he's a new character and all.

Eh.. I feel like he should rank a lot higher than he does. 2 rounds ago he was out of the top 10, last round of character rankings he barely made it, new round he's almost certainly out of the top 10 (by virtue of too many 4*s) but probably not even top 10 3*. I would place him like... 4th overall 3*. Maybe 3rd.

I have a very special place in my heart for L.Cap. My first 166 and he's taken me quite long way since then.

I think the hit points changes raised his value. Matches are taking longer, and I've noticed when facing him he's getting his skills off a lot more frequently, due to the longer matches. One of the less-obvious effects of the health rebalance is that it buffed some of the slower characters in PVP.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:

I thought DP used up all his points if you super-whaled? I've never done it, and have used DP well over half of the days that he's been available, my points are pretty incredible right now.

Nope. Uses 28k DP points per use. If you have 224k points saved up, you can do it eight times.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:

No, it costs 28,000 (or about 10 days of point accumulation) only. If it cost all every time man that would be crazy, although you would use it more I think since saving over 28,000 becomes wasteful.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Lerysh wrote:
    dathremar wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

I am not concerned about Hawkeye, although I do have a 94 Hawkeye so... He's pretty good and I'd hope any node that REQUIRES a Hawkeye can be beat by one. Throw in Thor or KK or IF for the crit tiles and maybe PX for the bonus and watch it rain damage on your enemy for using Thunderstrike.

I AM concerned about the stupid QS nodes. Bleh. Although he worked well with L.Cap and Hood as a HP sack for Hood with the occasional green outlet and burst damage so I'll probably be alright.
    slidecage wrote:
    Did they ever say if this was a normal PVE or an all new PVE.. Meaning with team rewards are we still going to have Time slices or everyone starts at once...

thanks for that info about the tokens i wonder how bigger of a chance it will be

No placement rewards and no time slices. All the rewards come from progression points and node rewards. The idea is that when your alliance beats the big Ultron fight enough times you can then fight Ultron Prime, and after you win that the whole thing repeats. The prizes for winning your sixth, seventh and eighth Ultron Prime fights are Scarlet Witch covers.

This. Is. Freaking. AWESOME. So much win for this PvE design. Assuming of course your standard 20 man alliance (and by "standard" I mean "20 people who play maybe once a day for an hour") can actually beat Ultron. I would hope it's designed such that any "top 100" alliance will make chump change out of Ultron and a more typical alliance stands a chance and not "you must be top 100 PvE alliance to stand a chance at winning".

Also, since we have an alliance specific event happening, and hopefully more like it in the future, any chance we can get a better alliance chat? It drops messages all the time. It's just terrible.

Now for my actual question: By "no other events running" do you think that means they are skipping PvP off season this time, or delaying Season 14's start for a while? 9 days between PvPs seems like a lot.

if they said no other events running about season... So its 4.5 days so
    Event 1 Apr 24 9pm to april 29 9am (weds) (guessing on times)
    Event 2 april 29 9pm to may 4 9am (monday)

since seasons dont start until sunday meaning we will not see a season start until may 7 10pm

how can the event start tomorrow and no other events running wouldnt the last PVP of the season be running unless they cut season short .
  • "We're really going to focus on Quicksilver" was the only part that didn't sound fun to me. As for the rest, looking forward to it!
  • I only have two questions that this video didn't answer:

1) If I leave my alliance mid-event, but continue to play the PvE, will my fights still count toward knocking out Ultron as if I were still "formally" a member of the team?
    2) Will the Avengers vs. Ultron tokens have boosted odds for 3*/4* prizes like the Anniversary tokens did?

I hope the answer to both questions is yes, but either way I'm psyched for this to get underway!

(Also, this isn't a question, but seriously, devs, Quicksilver sucks. It's not just that he's a new character and that he's not very good in a fight, although he definitely is both of those things, it's that he's actively unpleasant to use. He makes the game less fun. Being required to use him will make this event less fun, and will make me try to get away with only clearing three of the five Avengers nodes whenever possible. Take that feedback for what it's worth.)

1) wasn't SUPER clear, but their talk about leader boards makes it sound like probably yea. Whatever alliance you join the event with is the one you live or die by for the event, weather you leave it or not.

2) If not 4* draws, it better have at least an equal chance at SW that DD saw int he anniversary packs, which was an unheard of chance ever since they went full random. Not sure exactly what it was but it was high enough I bought 7 tokens for 50 spideycoin.png each for the daily offer. If SW has a decent drop rate, I will probably buy 9 more. If I get even 1 cover it will probably be worth it.
  • SnowcaTT
    morph3us wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    This worries me. It's nice that they are locking the leaderboards to stop alliance-hopping, but what if you're in an alliance with less than 20 people? I've seen speculation that the target numbers will be moderated, but it would be very nice to have someone in red clarify before this thing kicks off.

This worries me too. If the leaderboard is fixed at 20 people, it implies that the score target is fixed, not moderated, so small Alliances may have a tough time finishing this, depending on how they've set the score target.

It sounds like an absolute blast, though.

I'm also curious how this works. It sounds like you could get all crazy-great PVE folks to join an alliance in this event, lock in their alliance, then leave back to their other PVP alliances (or go merc again, whatever). Or is it that everyone has to stay in that alliance for their points to continue to count? The devs say "get used to your alliance for the next few days...", maybe you have to stay as well as join with same folks?

That's the only way hops won't happen, otherwise you'll have more hops than ever (into Ultron alliance, then immediately out again to another alliance).

The most concerning thing I heard in the video is they talked about how Avengers would be essential, and bandied about Fury as a possibility. So 4*'s are going to be essential in this now? This means alliances will need to look for people with every single character (3*/4* at least) on their roster for the best chance to get the nodes ("pins") done. Woe to those that weren't able to get into the elite of the elite and get those 4*'s the first time, since it's unlikely you got them since then!

Of course, even if you have an "essential" 4*, it may be much like QS: you have the essential, but so undercovered it's practically worthless, like going into the node with two characters. 4* buffed I have no problem with. 4* essentials are a problem if they are going to be so rare in the game.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    2) If not 4* draws, it better have at least an equal chance at SW that DD saw int he anniversary packs, which was an unheard of chance ever since they went full random. Not sure exactly what it was but it was high enough I bought 7 tokens for 50 spideycoin.png each for the daily offer. If SW has a decent drop rate, I will probably buy 9 more. If I get even 1 cover it will probably be worth it.

Dino was around 10% per token, IIRC.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Question for the devs :. .....

How will Deadpool's super mega whale drop work on Ultron Prime? Whenever I've used it in the past, it instantly wipes out the entire enemy team in one hit. How will it work here? Is there a set amount, like 50k damage or will it drop Ultron Prime in one hit(I doubt it)?

Why wouldn't it? Just because he's Ultron? It's one of 8 primes you will be fighting. Do you have 224,000 Deadpool Points saved up just for this?

I might have 340K saved up for a rainy day. Maybe.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Question for the devs :. .....

I might have 340K saved up for a rainy day. Maybe.

i got 100k saved icon_e_smile.gif with no other events running i wonder if they mean NEW events or no events at all. wouldnt the last PVP of this season be running the same time of this event .
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the guy asking about timing I could have sworn they said noon Eastern tomorrow (roughly 25 hours from now), but they also said there will be a preview up today so I would look for that to go up in the next couple hours which I'm sure will have more info, and hopefully devs will sick around a while to answer questions
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very concerned how the alliance-locking is going to work with the end of the season for PvP. If there are players in an alliance who don't want to play PvE, but do want PvP rewards, can swaps be done in an alliance after the 20 members who want to play the PvE are locked in? Or is it, once you lock in your PvE players, there is no swapping allowed and the PvP-only players are out of luck for season rewards? Would really like some more clarification on that from the devs.

Also want to mention the comment about Captain America being undervalued by the forums, because I don't think that's true at all. I've always thought the general feeling on the forums was that 3* Captain America is a PvE all-star, it's just he's far too slow for PvP. Cap is even more amazing on wave nodes. Character rankings have always been a little skewed towards PvP, I think.