New Marvel Puzzle Quest Update on Youtube

Comments

• If they keep the drop rates of the tokens similar to the anniversary tokens, then I think we'll all be very satisfied.

I think the key point to take away from the video is that alliance hopping won't change which leader board you're contributing towards.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    dathremar wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Interesting to hear that Casey thinks that we undervalue Captain America.

Yeah maybe 2* Cap but not 3* Steve. I'm actually quite concerned about Hawkeye. He's the only Avenger that doesn't have a 3* version meaning that not all of us would have in on our roster. I'm not really surprised that they want to promote Quicksilver, given that he's a new character and all.

How funny would it be if the required character is 1* Classic Hawkeye? LOL

They actually made it clear that any version of a character would be viable to use. So you could bring either Hawkeye to his node.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you have no sound it just a bunch of fat dudes sitting around a table pointing at a board :_
  • Wobby
    I am bummed we will have to wait a frickin year for XMen Vs Apocalypse.
  • Crud, there goes my weekend, this sounds awesome.

I'm in an active but casual alliance and am preparing myself for disappointment on the rewards front, because to be fair it must be basically impossible even with analytics to estimate how teams and alliances will perform in this event with so many new variables at work.

But, honestly, I don't really even care that much about the awards.

The tokens sound cool, question for the vets - the anniversary tokens on DD, were they generally seen as worth spending HP on?
  • Also I am SUPER hyped by the potential future uses of the tech here. When I read comic books as a kid I loved cross-over events with big bad enemies stirring the pot - it's almost worth posting a seperate thread but just off the top of my head I'd love to see events like Onslaught, Phoenix, Morrisson's run on X, Death of Wolverine, Civil War (oh my god civil war could be so great), etc.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I guess I made a poor decision selling 2* Hawkeye a while ago. At least 1* should be able to build quick.
  • Wobby
    SteveMcM wrote:

The tokens sound cool, question for the vets - the anniversary tokens on DD, were they generally seen as worth spending HP on?

I wasn't very lucky but bought one every day for the deal. I think most of us thought they were worth it because of the increased odds and HP chances. Now that we get two free tacos daily the tokens might need to be a lot better to be perceived the same value.
  • Nah, even with the taco tokens, the anniversary tokens were still an incredible value. I bought one every day. There was roughly a 1/3 chance of getting something 3* value or higher.
  • slidecage
    SteveMcM wrote:
    Crud, there goes my weekend, this sounds awesome.

I'm in an active but casual alliance and am preparing myself for disappointment on the rewards front, because to be fair it must be basically impossible even with analytics to estimate how teams and alliances will perform in this event with so many new variables at work.

But, honestly, I don't really even care that much about the awards.

sound card dont work what did they say about tokens
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Avengers Vs. Ultron tokens will be similar to the anniversary tokens from last year, with a chance of big HP or ISO prizes in addition to character covers, and being solid for a daily deal of 50 HP.

And yeah, the anniversary tokens were definitely worth buying one a day at the daily-deal price. Once you used your deal then the price shot up to 500 each and was no longer worth it.
  • slidecage
    Did they ever say if this was a normal PVE or an all new PVE.. Meaning with team rewards are we still going to have Time slices or everyone starts at once...

thanks for that info about the tokens i wonder how bigger of a chance it will be
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wobby wrote:
    SteveMcM wrote:

I wasn't very lucky but bought one every day for the deal. I think most of us thought they were worth it because of the increased odds and HP chances. Now that we get two free tacos daily the tokens might need to be a lot better to be perceived the same value.

The Taco's don't really compare, relatively speaking, if these Ultrons are anything like the Anniversary.

The odds are only 14.3% of something non-2* on the Tacos. The Anniversary tokens were something around 36.4%, IIRC. Yeah they're free, but the ROI on 50HP should be considerable, even if you're converting it to 3* covers and Iso.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Key points I figured from the video:
      1) New costume for Quicksilver, and maybe other Avengers. 2) Next event will be Avengers Vs Ultron 3) It is the first Alliance Based Event, with the Alliance Vs Ultron 4) As a group, alliance will bring down Ultron's health to zero 5) Bringing down Ultron will move to next phase, we then fight Ultron Prime. 6) No points to gain, but win or lose, the Ultron pin will go on 8 hour cooldown. 7) Around the Ultron pin, there are five other pins, each with one Marvel Cinematic Universe Avenger character as essential. Can use any version of the character (2* 3* thor, 1* 2* 3* IM, etc). 8) Each node has new ultron minions that have no active powers just passive, and new tiles that drop could have random attack/strike/protect tiles. 9) After beating each Avenger node, the Ultron node is unlocked. Thus you can do the ultron node 6 times every 8 hours. After 8 hours the Avengers nodes are refreshed with new essentials. 10) Quicksilver will have 2 pins each round. Man........ 11) Ultron doesn't match tiles, but every turn - bottom row blows up, and one special tile drops. If this tile reaches bottom it blows up for big damage. 12) Captain America is undervalued? huh? 13) NO COMPETITION IN EVENT. ALL REWARDS ARE PROGRESSION REWARDS. 14) Last three progression rewards are for the three Scarlet Witch covers. 15) Special Avengers vs Ultron token, similar to anniversary token, 50hp each. 16) Sounds like the individual contribution to the alliance score is locked to that alliance, and leaving the alliance will leave you with only your scores against Ultron. 17) EVENT WILL BE FUN. Live on 24th April for first round.

I appreciate corrections.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Did they ever say if this was a normal PVE or an all new PVE.. Meaning with team rewards are we still going to have Time slices or everyone starts at once...

thanks for that info about the tokens i wonder how bigger of a chance it will be

No placement rewards and no time slices. All the rewards come from progression points and node rewards. The idea is that when your alliance beats the big Ultron fight enough times you can then fight Ultron Prime, and after you win that the whole thing repeats. The prizes for winning your sixth, seventh and eighth Ultron Prime fights are Scarlet Witch covers.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Phumade wrote:
    Another thing I wonder about are all those players not in alliances. It sounds like they will not be able to participate in this event and that will suck.

I think they will be able to join the event, but they won't be able to finish the event. My suspicion is that the event is structured alot like DDQ. They will be able to do various nodes, but will never amass enough points to unlock the final progression. The tricky part is, if they start the event as a solo player, they will never be able to restart the event with an alliance.

I think that you wont be able to join an event before you are a part of an alliance, but that is just my interpretation of what they said.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, Steve Rogers is one of my favorite characters in MPQ. I use Cap, Falcon and Kamala Khan in the Big Enchilada everyday. And I use Cap in almost every PvE and PvP. He was my first character to reach 166. However, I'm a bit odd, so..... icon_e_wink.gif

Second. This is the 2nd video where the devs just told us about upcoming features; will this take the place of the monthly Q&A? Just wondering since I liked getting players questions answered. I know a lot of players thought it wasn't very helpful, but I liked the Q&A.
  • slidecage
    pabasa130 wrote:
      1) New costume for Quicksilver, and maybe other Avengers. 2) Next event will be Avengers Vs Ultron 3) It is the first Alliance Based Event, with the Alliance Vs Ultron 4) As a group, alliance will bring down Ultron's health to zero 5) Bringing down Ultron will move to next phase, we then fight Ultron Prime. 6) No points to gain, but win or lose, the Ultron pin will go on 8 hour cooldown. 7) Around the Ultron pin, there are five other pins, each with one Marvel Cinematic Universe Avenger character as essential. Can use any version of the character (2* 3* thor, 1* 2* 3* IM, etc). 8) Each node has new ultron minions that have no active powers just passive, and new tiles that drop could have random attack/strike/protect tiles. 9) After beating each Avenger node, the Ultron node is unlocked. Thus you can do the ultron node 6 times every 8 hours. After 8 hours the Avengers nodes are refreshed with new essentials. 10) Quicksilver will have 2 pins each round. Man........ 11) Ultron doesn't match tiles, but every turn - bottom row blows up, and one special tile drops. If this tile reaches bottom it blows up for big damage. 12) Captain America is undervalued? huh? 13) NO COMPETITION IN EVENT. ALL REWARDS ARE PROGRESSION REWARDS. 14) Last three progression rewards are for the three Scarlet Witch covers. 15) Special Avengers vs Ultron token, similar to anniversary token, 50hp each. 16) Sounds like the individual contribution to the alliance score is locked to that alliance, and leaving the alliance will leave you with only your scores against Ultron. 17) EVENT WILL BE FUN. Live on 24th April for first round.

Thank you big time for Writing that all out. Dont have a sound card and could not hear anything they were saying.. Did they give a hint at what time the event goes live or do you think it will be like the normal PVE (meaning 9pm est start time)

In a way i hope PVE would stay this way. Kill seasons and make it a point based system and they would have the perfect game
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question for the devs :. .....

How will Deadpool's super mega whale drop work on Ultron Prime? Whenever I've used it in the past, it instantly wipes out the entire enemy team in one hit. How will it work here? Is there a set amount, like 50k damage or will it drop Ultron Prime in one hit(I doubt it)?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    pabasa130 wrote:
      1) New costume for Quicksilver, and maybe other Avengers. (1:30) 2) Next event will be Avengers Vs Ultron (2:10, "inspired by movie") 3) It is the first Alliance Based Event, with the Alliance Vs Ultron (2:25, "first...boss battle" -- more coming? different?) 4) As a group, alliance will bring down Ultron's health to zero (3:25) 5) Bringing down Ultron will move to next phase, we then fight Ultron Prime. (3:40) 6) No points to gain, but win or lose, the Ultron pin will go on 8 hour cooldown. (4:00) 7) Around the Ultron pin, there are five other pins, each with one Marvel Cinematic Universe Avenger character as essential. Can use any version of the character (2* 3* thor, 1* 2* 3* IM, etc). 8) Each node has new ultron minions that have no active powers just passive, and new tiles that drop could have random attack/strike/protect tiles. (5:05) 9) After beating each Avenger node, the Ultron node is unlocked. Thus you can do the ultron node 6 times every 8 hours. After 8 hours the Avengers nodes are refreshed with new essentials. (5:30) 10) Quicksilver will have 2 pins each round. Man........ (6:00, yuck) 11) Ultron doesn't match tiles, but every turn - bottom row blows up, and one special tile drops. If this tile reaches bottom it blows up for big damage. (6:20) 12) Captain America is undervalued? huh? (7:50 HA HA HA! Yeah, good for single tile removal) 13) NO COMPETITION IN EVENT. ALL REWARDS ARE PROGRESSION REWARDS. (8:10) 14) Last three progression rewards are for the three Scarlet Witch covers. (8:40) 15) Special Avengers vs Ultron token, similar to anniversary token, 50hp each. (8:50, each have SW higher drop rates) 16) Sounds like the individual contribution to the alliance score is locked to that alliance, and leaving the alliance will leave you with only your scores against Ultron. (~10:30) 17) EVENT WILL BE FUN. Live on 24th April for first round.

Was just coming to do this, thanks! Added some video times here, if anyone wants to skip to places.