New Avengers Vs Ultron Info

124»

Comments

• ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    So, what about Venom's Devour? Can he chew through all those wires and metal plates?
  • ragnarady wrote:
    So, what about Venom's Devour? Can he chew through all those wires and metal plates?
    Venom6.gif~c200
  • In all likely hood Ultron will have a "health value" to represent the maximum damage a single person can do to him at a time, represented as his health in the battle, and a "health value" to act as some kind of reverse counter for alliance contribution towards getting him to zero. At least I'd hope so. I will sit there on Cap/Cyke and keep overwriting that tile forever otherwise.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:
    In all likely hood Ultron will have a "health value" to represent the maximum damage a single person can do to him at a time, represented as his health in the battle, and a "health value" to act as some kind of reverse counter for alliance contribution towards getting him to zero. At least I'd hope so. I will sit there on Cap/Cyke and keep overwriting that tile forever otherwise.

yep, after reading the released info, this seems the correct scenario. Basically (total)hp=alliance points.
    Nodes, on the other hand, will (probably) scale on an individual basis.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    So, if I'm responsible for 82% of my alliance's points in seasons, should I expect I'm doomed to fail hard in this event? icon_e_smile.gif
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    So, if I'm responsible for 82% of my alliance's points in seasons, should I expect I'm doomed to fail hard in this event? icon_e_smile.gif
    Guess it depends on how node refresh timers work...

Do the point values drop individually when you complete a mission? Or do they drop across the board for the whole alliance as any member plays them?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    donietsche wrote:
    I'm afraid that they will stick to the classic avengers line-up(s)... otherwise, half (actually, more) of the characters qualifies for the avenger status (wolverine, IW, Spidey, She-Hulk, etc. and don't forget the dark avengers!).
    My guess is that since they are tying this to the A:AoU movie, they will boost the characters in the movie:

Cap, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Widow, Quicksilver, Hulkbuster/Witch

...Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll throw in the whole MCU, which would add the GotG characters, since they'll tie into an Avengers movie sometime - Star Lord, R&G, Gamorra
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    I can already see a matchup that is OP based on Scarlet Witch's purple ability. Match her up with OBW and she'll be able to deny the other team's AP. Not all the time, but based on that purple power Scarlet Witch has, you'll be able to use OBW's purple more often.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    Is the tile matchable, over-writeable, or otherwise destroyable? Or is it a special locked tile that cannot be undone? (like a self destruct?)

I'm speculating but I think the tile can be manipulated like any other tile. You just want to avoid board shakers so the tile doesn't drop to the bottom. Cap will be the best sniper on your team. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Is anyone else sad that the ISO reduction won't happen until after this brand new, shiny event that everyone would want to boost characters and prepare for?

icon_redface.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Ultron can move the board, otherwise he wouldn't need to have a passive: unstunnable consider the #1 reason to stun someone is to stop them from moving the board. Yes there's value in stunning goons but an opponent that can't move the board just isn't that hard. Ultron seems to have an ability that passively destroys a row to make it hard to use special tiles on him, but I doubt this means he won't be able to move the board.

From what I read, his one every-turn ability destroys the BOTTOM row only, so that it synergizes with his other every-turn ability that creates a tile that explodes when it hits the bottom of the board.

It may be dangerous to use characters that destroy tiles or create huge chains.

Hmmm....that's interesting, if true IW bubble locking or Mororo filling the board with attack tiles could be really useful to counter him.

Wonder how the Loki shuffle would work.. think you can bring it back to the top? Accidentally nuke yourself?

More likely the second
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Is this the first time that a character's in-game artwork has been directly based on their movie portrayal rather than on a design/costume from the comics?

Related question: can we have a Loki variant that looks like Tom Hiddleston?

I still don't understand why they haven't introduced character skins like this into the game. It seems like the single most obvious way to add a monetization outlet, and it wouldn't tie up the programming unless they decided to make it more complicated. It could offer minor changes as well (I was thinking switching colors around) for gameplay, but I think some people would just want the extra outfits to have them.

I have thought that myself. I think it's what they were doing (kinda) with 3* Specials, re-issuing older characters with a new costume and an extra star.

Anyone else notice Quicksilver has his movie outfit in the screenshots in the article?
    5537b05504dc1.jpg

That does make me wonder if they're going to start making costumes an option. So later they'll change Wanda to her more iconic comic book design but still keep the movie design if you want to use that instead.
    scarlet-witch-cosplay-1.jpg

I suppose the down side to it for D3 would be the extra work load on their artist (the dude must have been suffering lately with all of these new characters).
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Is this the first time that a character's in-game artwork has been directly based on their movie portrayal rather than on a design/costume from the comics?

Related question: can we have a Loki variant that looks like Tom Hiddleston?

I still don't understand why they haven't introduced character skins like this into the game. It seems like the single most obvious way to add a monetization outlet, and it wouldn't tie up the programming unless they decided to make it more complicated. It could offer minor changes as well (I was thinking switching colors around) for gameplay, but I think some people would just want the extra outfits to have them.

I have thought that myself. I think it's what they were doing (kinda) with 3* Specials, re-issuing older characters with a new costume and an extra star.

Anyone else notice Quicksilver has his movie outfit in the screenshots in the article?
    5537b05504dc1.jpg

That does make me wonder if they're going to start making costumes an option. So later they'll change Wanda to her more iconic comic book design but still keep the movie design if you want to use that instead.
    scarlet-witch-cosplay-1.jpg

I suppose the down side to it for D3 would be the extra work load on their artist (the dude must have been suffering lately with all of these new characters).

there is no downside to skins, it will allow them to stop vomiting characters for money and release stupid skins for hand over fist $$$$$. Go look at any F2P game but especially LoL. You can buy a $30 costume(been a while since I checked, but $30 was highest). People are willing to pay premium for NOTHING.

And hopefully allow them to put balance as a priority.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my guess is quicksilver's black ability was designed specifically with this event in mind. bomb almost makes it to bottom row, qs moves it to the top...

I know I've posted this multiple times but I really am bummed that I sold my **cap for roster space and my steve is at 1/3/-. I might if I'm lucky get him to 3/4/1 tomorrow. icon_cry.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    QS only swaps basic tiles, so unless the bomb somehow counts as "basic" he won't help.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    the event is up

Powered Up: Quicksilver Nick Fury icon_blackwidow.png *3 Captain America*3 Iron man*3 Hulk Scarlet Witch Thor*3 Captain America 2* Black Widow*1 Hawkeye *1 Iron Man 1* Hawkeye*2 Thor*2
  • What the heck is a Bladow Widow?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    What the heck is a Bladow Widow?
    lol you caught me, revealing secret new D3 characters ahead of time
  • I am so glad to know about this new avengers Vs Ultron event! I have heard a lot about this event but got exact details through this article. You know loads of people were excited for upcoming avengers: age of Ultron movie too! And I am going to see this movie with my friends.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    there is no downside to skins, it will allow them to stop vomiting characters for money and release stupid skins for hand over fist $$$$$. Go look at any F2P game but especially LoL. You can buy a $30 costume(been a while since I checked, but $30 was highest). People are willing to pay premium for NOTHING.

pffffft... $30 is nothing. People pay (the equivalent of) thousands of $$$ for unusual hats in TF2. THOUSANDS. OF. DOLLARS. For a few bytes that have no impacts whatsoever in game.