New Avengers Vs Ultron Info

Cabol
Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey guys, found some extra info online about the event:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/marvel-puz ... ter-434757

Summary for people that won't click on it:
-Will be 2 events, 2.5 days each
-1st event gives you the chance to get Scarlett Witch. 2nd event give you the chance to get Hulkbuster IM
-No global leaderboard, will be Alliance specific (meaning each Alliance has their own Score Target aka Ultron's HP). Alliance must work together to deplete it before the end of the event.
-No placement rewards. Rewards will be via Score Target, mission completion drops, and progression rewards.

Here's a blurb I'm still trying to figure out:
"Giant Central Mission Pin Featuring Ultron – When players win a fight against the Ultron pin, players contribute towards a Score Target, which represents Ultron’s total health. Unlike past Score Targets, this is Leaderboard specific rather than Global. The Ultron pin becomes locked, and placed on a cool down."

EDIT: Apparently the time of the events is incorrect in the article as Marvel said it was 4.5 days, not 2.5 days.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    that article is WRONG, the official announcement says it will be back to back events running 4.5 days each

We’ll be running two sets of this event back-to-back with each going for about four and a half days apiece and starting on April 24.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2448 ... _of_ultron
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will Ultron be a beefed up Goon, or will he get tile swap turns for abilities?

Also, is he whalable?
  • fmftint
    Malcrof wrote:

Also, is he whalable?
    From what I've read he won't make moves but will alter the board every turn.
  • Malcrof
    fmftint wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Also, is he whalable?
    From what I've read he won't make moves but will alter the board every turn.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like i am bringing in Doom and going for purpleflag.png to let traps build up.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Is this the first time that a character's in-game artwork has been directly based on their movie portrayal rather than on a design/costume from the comics?

Related question: can we have a Loki variant that looks like Tom Hiddleston?
  • CNash wrote:
    Is this the first time that a character's in-game artwork has been directly based on their movie portrayal rather than on a design/costume from the comics?

I knew it was going THAT way when I started reading lol. And I dont mind it becasue MPQ Loki looks like a goblin.
  • Malcrof
    CNash wrote:

Adding Hiddleston to the game will increase the female player base... and a couple male friends i have would jump on it....
  • I'm pretty sure Ultron can move the board, otherwise he wouldn't need to have a passive: unstunnable consider the #1 reason to stun someone is to stop them from moving the board. Yes there's value in stunning goons but an opponent that can't move the board just isn't that hard. Ultron seems to have an ability that passively destroys a row to make it hard to use special tiles on him, but I doubt this means he won't be able to move the board.
  • CNash wrote:

I still don't understand why they haven't introduced character skins like this into the game. It seems like the single most obvious way to add a monetization outlet, and it wouldn't tie up the programming unless they decided to make it more complicated. It could offer minor changes as well (I was thinking switching colors around) for gameplay, but I think some people would just want the extra outfits to have them.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supposedly, if the leaks are correct, his passive is used to drop a special tile toward the bottom of the screen, and when it hits the bottom row you eat lots of pain. him moving the board would open the potential for the doom tile to drop multiple rows, or even all the way to the bottom, in a single turn depending on the RNG, which would be...not ideal. So I suspect Ultron Prime does not move the board.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Ultron can move the board, otherwise he wouldn't need to have a passive: unstunnable consider the #1 reason to stun someone is to stop them from moving the board. Yes there's value in stunning goons but an opponent that can't move the board just isn't that hard. Ultron seems to have an ability that passively destroys a row to make it hard to use special tiles on him, but I doubt this means he won't be able to move the board.

From what I read, his one every-turn ability destroys the BOTTOM row only, so that it synergizes with his other every-turn ability that creates a tile that explodes when it hits the bottom of the board.

It may be dangerous to use characters that destroy tiles or create huge chains.
  • Malcrof
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Ultron can move the board, otherwise he wouldn't need to have a passive: unstunnable consider the #1 reason to stun someone is to stop them from moving the board. Yes there's value in stunning goons but an opponent that can't move the board just isn't that hard. Ultron seems to have an ability that passively destroys a row to make it hard to use special tiles on him, but I doubt this means he won't be able to move the board.

From what I read, his one every-turn ability destroys the BOTTOM row only, so that it synergizes with his other every-turn ability that creates a tile that explodes when it hits the bottom of the board.

Is the tile matchable, over-writeable, or otherwise destroyable? Or is it a special locked tile that cannot be undone? (like a self destruct?)
  • Phantron wrote:
    Copying an allied tile every tound, destoying bottom row every turn, created CD tiles that stun and drain AP... I think stuns would help a lot.
  • fmftint
    Phantron wrote:
    Stuns stop (most) passives. All of his abilities I've read are passive
  • Malcrof
    edited April 2015
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Copying an allied tile every tound, destoying bottom row every turn, created CD tiles that stun and drain AP... I think stuns would help a lot.

Guess it is time to sink some ISO into Spidey for that cheap stun of his.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Is the tile matchable, over-writeable, or otherwise destroyable? Or is it a special locked tile that cannot be undone? (like a self destruct?)

That IS the question, isn't it? icon_lol.gif

Nah, it'll probably be a colored tile and still matchable and destructable, I'm sure. Mostly sure. Like 80%.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:

Hmmm....that's interesting, if true IW bubble locking or Mororo filling the board with attack tiles could be really useful to counter him.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    CNash wrote:

I still don't understand why they haven't introduced character skins like this into the game. It seems like the single most obvious way to add a monetization outlet, and it wouldn't tie up the programming unless they decided to make it more complicated. It could offer minor changes as well (I was thinking switching colors around) for gameplay, but I think some people would just want the extra outfits to have them.
    this would give them so much money and they could focus on not releasing new characters for 2 seconds
  • Malcrof
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Hmmm....that's interesting, if true IW bubble locking or Mororo filling the board with attack tiles could be really useful to counter him.

Wonder how the Loki shuffle would work.. think you can bring it back to the top? Accidentally nuke yourself?
  • I just don't see how a boss battle would involve someone who can't move the board. That wouldn't be very hard at all unless the board started with an IF attack tile and just duplicated that each turn.

Both versions of Ultron are unstunnable based on what's leaked. The new drop tile mechanism is probably there to make sure things like Redwing doesn't work on it. I'm sure it's still destroyable but a board shake ability can also just cause the tile to fall down even quicker if it didn't hit the right tiles.