New Avengers Vs Ultron Info

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not in PvP mode yet... Gonna need some extra time to prep before the 24th. Gonna hate whatever PvP is running at that time.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Ultron can move the board, otherwise he wouldn't need to have a passive: unstunnable consider the #1 reason to stun someone is to stop them from moving the board. Yes there's value in stunning goons but an opponent that can't move the board just isn't that hard. Ultron seems to have an ability that passively destroys a row to make it hard to use special tiles on him, but I doubt this means he won't be able to move the board.

From what I read, his one every-turn ability destroys the BOTTOM row only, so that it synergizes with his other every-turn ability that creates a tile that explodes when it hits the bottom of the board.

It may be dangerous to use characters that destroy tiles or create huge chains.

Hmmm....that's interesting, if true IW bubble locking or Mororo filling the board with attack tiles could be really useful to counter him.

Wonder how the Loki shuffle would work.. think you can bring it back to the top? Accidentally nuke yourself?

Lots of strategies to try, since we don't have any info. Guess we'll just have to see for ourselves.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I just don't see how a boss battle would involve someone who can't move the board. That wouldn't be very hard at all unless the board started with an IF attack tile and just duplicated that each turn.

Both versions of Ultron are unstunnable based on what's leaked. The new drop tile mechanism is probably there to make sure things like Redwing doesn't work on it. I'm sure it's still destroyable but a board shake ability can also just cause the tile to fall down even quicker if it didn't hit the right tiles.

Going to make some abilities a gamble.. i am oddly excited for this PVE. Going to make for some oddball teams to counter new content.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Ultron can move the board, otherwise he wouldn't need to have a passive: unstunnable consider the #1 reason to stun someone is to stop them from moving the board. Yes there's value in stunning goons but an opponent that can't move the board just isn't that hard. Ultron seems to have an ability that passively destroys a row to make it hard to use special tiles on him, but I doubt this means he won't be able to move the board.

From what I read, his one every-turn ability destroys the BOTTOM row only, so that it synergizes with his other every-turn ability that creates a tile that explodes when it hits the bottom of the board.

It may be dangerous to use characters that destroy tiles or create huge chains.

Hmmm....that's interesting, if true IW bubble locking or Mororo filling the board with attack tiles could be really useful to counter him.

Wonder how the Loki shuffle would work.. think you can bring it back to the top? Accidentally nuke yourself?

Sounds like a fun game of Russian Roulette icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    mission completion drop tables,

first we were dropping whales now tables?
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Copying an allied tile every tound, destoying bottom row every turn, created CD tiles that stun and drain AP... I think stuns would help a lot.
    Guess it is time to sink some ISO into Spidey for that cheap stun of his.
    No, because we are discussing why he is NOT stunnable and how this would or not mean if he can move the board or just sit down like a goon.
  • slidecage
    Since this is all TEAM BASED im guessing there will be no time slices , event will start for all around 9pm est time friday?
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    I think we're all forgetting about our Ace in the Hole, Moonstone? Remember, she's the best(TM) and can CONTROL SHIFT ULTRON'S TILE TO KO HIM!!!!!!

AND ULTRON HAS 2 MINIONS TO MOVE HIS TILE TO BOTTOM? NOT WHILE MOONSTONE IS AROUND!!!!! SHE WILL MOVE THAT BABY BACK TO THE TOP!
  • TheWerebison
    raisinbman wrote:
    I think we're all forgetting about our Ace in the Hole, Moonstone? Remember, she's the best(TM) and can CONTROL SHIFT ULTRON'S TILE TO KO HIM!!!!!!

XD

Anyway, I think it's a safe bet that Ultron's explodey tiles can't be changed. I know they're pushing Cap as the next boosted hero, but I don't think the devs want the strategy for Ultron to be "Max Cap's red and blue, change enemy tile to red or blue countdown tile every turn, get mana back, repeat until Ultron realizes he just got trolled hard, flips the table, and leaves".
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    So from what's posted in this thread, he places a CD tile, and destroys the bottom row every turn, doing damage and moving his CD Tiles to the bottom row, where they do damage when they hit the bottom row?

At least that is my understanding from what I've just read on this thread.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    My biggest question is swapping players. Will points move with players if they are swapped or is ultrons life static? The latter would promote actual cooperation between real members of an alliance thanks to the season ending simultaneously.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it' s a special tile (possibly labeled as a bomb or some such) rather than a countdown - it activates based on its position on the board, not elapsed time. Otherwise yeah.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Its not a CD tile, its effect triggers when it gets to the bottom row. So you can swap it to the top over and over and it will not trigger.
    Dauthi wrote:
    My biggest question is swapping players. Will points move with players if they are swapped or is ultrons life static? The latter would promote actual cooperation between real members of an alliance thanks to the season ending simultaneously.
    Looks like the later, your progression on it doesnt carries over if you swap out for another alliance.
  • TheWerebison
    JVReal wrote:
    So from what's posted in this thread, he places a CD tile, and destroys the bottom row every turn, doing damage and moving his CD Tiles to the bottom row, where they do damage when they hit the bottom row?

At least that is my understanding from what I've just read on this thread.

That's what the description of his abilities suggests, yeah.
  • slidecage
    Dauthi wrote:

i hope this is the start of LOCKING people into teams at the start of events
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Its not a CD tile, its effect triggers when it gets to the bottom row. So you can swap it to the top over and over and it will not trigger.
    Dauthi wrote:
    Looks like the later, your progression on it doesnt carries over if you swap out for another alliance.
    Umm you realize Moonstone is the key to all things, it doesn't matter if it's a taco tile she can take care of it
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of these strats will work if it's an Avengers only roster, Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor, BW, QS, Hawkeye, Falcon
  • slidecage
    man got 51 hours to wait for this to come out..... love for it to start sooner but i doubt it wont start until 9pm friday est
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I'm pretty sure that this event is a big reason that countdown mitigation powers (Doc Ock and She-Hulk) got changed. Probably also why 4hor's yellow got a slight nerf, putting countdown mitigation to 5 covers.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone know how it will scale? Will it be standard for pve, based on the alliances average or static? Static would make it hard on lowbie alliances so I am guessing one of the others?