New Avengers Vs Ultron Info

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    None of these strats will work if it's an Avengers only roster, Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor, BW, QS, Hawkeye, Falcon

Dang, sold my 2* Hawkeye (fully covered but lvl 15) to make room for Quicksilver. Go ahead and laugh. I added him so I'd be able to use him as essential and it did net me a couple covers I needed sooo :shrug:
  • fmftint wrote:
    None of these strats will work if it's an Avengers only roster, Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor, BW, QS, Hawkeye, Falcon
    beast is an avenger 4* thor is an avenger black panther is an avenger sentry is an avenger blade is an avenger doom is an avenger luke cage is an avenger magneto is an avenger ares is an avenger storm is an avenger spiderman is an avenger invisible woman is an avenger human torch is an avenger Mystique is an avenger deadpool is an avenger she-hulk is an avenger iron fist is an avenger daredevil is an avenger loki is an avenger squirrel girl is an avenger venom is an avenger

1*s - Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man 35, Hawkeye (Classic).
    2*s - Thor (Marvel Now!), Hawkeye (Modern), Captain America (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men).
    3*s - Black Widow (Grey Suit), Iron Man 40, Thor (Modern), Captain America (Steve Rogers), the Hulk, Spider-Man, Falcon, Captain Marvel (Modern).
    4*s - Nick Fury.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15877&hilit=avenger+earth%27s+mightiest&p=220133&view=show#p220133
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    The drop tiles will be probably a non-Countdown special tile.

Also, copypasta Ultron & Drop Tile Ultron will be two separate Ultron versions.

(drop tile destruction is a single-target damaging btw)
  • copypasta Ultron?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    copypasta Ultron?

the one who makes copies of friendly atk/prot/strike tiles.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Umm you realize Moonstone is the key to all things, it doesn't matter if it's a taco tile she can take care of it
    She still the key; not with her Black but with with her Purple sending it back to the top.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I assumed Avengers are boosted, not restricted to Avengers.
  • JVReal wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    I assumed Avengers are boosted, not restricted to Avengers.
    Avengers restrictions don't matter there's lots: beast is an avenger 4* thor is an avenger black panther is an avenger sentry is an avenger blade is an avenger doom is an avenger luke cage is an avenger magneto is an avenger ares is an avenger storm is an avenger spiderman is an avenger invisible woman is an avenger human torch is an avenger Mystique is an avenger deadpool is an avenger she-hulk is an avenger iron fist is an avenger daredevil is an avenger loki is an avenger squirrel girl is an avenger venom is an avenger

1*s - Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man 35, Hawkeye (Classic).
    2*s - Thor (Marvel Now!), Hawkeye (Modern), Captain America (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men).
    3*s - Black Widow (Grey Suit), Iron Man 40, Thor (Modern), Captain America (Steve Rogers), the Hulk, Spider-Man, Falcon, Captain Marvel (Modern).
    4*s - Nick Fury.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the current Simulator rewards, have to say it's pretty nice that we'll get a boosted LCap to deal with these Ultron tiles.

A usable IW would probably come in quite handy too
  • teef1
    teef1 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    There's a very interesting event image in this article that I don't remember seeing in the Marvel article:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/marvel-puz ... nt-3415604

Looks like the entire event is the individual Avenger fights with the Ultron fight unlocked in the middle. So, no 9-12 repeatable fights like most events?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Given the current Simulator rewards, have to say it's pretty nice that we'll get a boosted LCap to deal with these Ultron tiles.

Unless Ultron's tiles are a new type of special tile that can't be overwritten by Cap's abilities, that is.
  • The only tiles Cap can't overwrite are Locks (bubbles, etc.). All other tiles are fair game. Unless Ultron cheats, which he might. Being unstunnable makes Cap about 50% more useless than normal tho.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'm afraid that they will stick to the classic avengers line-up(s)... otherwise, half (actually, more) of the characters qualifies for the avenger status (wolverine, IW, Spidey, She-Hulk, etc. and don't forget the dark avengers!).

This is the first PVE I'm really looking forward to playing with my alliance, and I'm curious to know how scaling will work... assuming that scaling will play a role in this event.

Does Ultron come with a fixed amount of hp (for any alliance?)... let say 20M hp?

That would be somewhat unfair - I guess - to traditional PVE alliances (under-leveled characters... ); will Ultron scale on an alliance-basis? None of the above?
  • During the Avengers Assemble PvP they buffed characters who were at any time affiliated with the Avengers (Wolverine (AX-M), Beast, Storm, Daredevil, etc.) so they are at least aware that most characters are at some time or another Avengers.

Ultron may be an enemy that unites the Dark Avengers with the Heroes anyway. I know I'm not turning away Ares' help if I'm Nick Fury on this one. The interview makes it sound like a "call to arms for all agents and any supers they can convince to help" meaning full roster available, but expect LThor/IM40/LCap/Hulk to be boosted.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The question about scaling makes me wonder if there might be a "balance of power" type boosting element so it's an even playing field across alliances. If so, I can't wait to headbutt Ultron.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:

Unless Ultron's tiles are a new type of special tile that can't be overwritten by Cap's abilities, that is.
    5 red/blue say ANY TILE
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    The question about scaling makes me wonder if there might be a "balance of power" type boosting element so it's an even playing field across alliances. If so, I can't wait to headbutt Ultron.
    well even if they give us level 9999999 it sounds like his ability(K.O. tile) would nullify any 'imbalance'.

Hmmm yeah. I think Balance of Power would be nice. BoP is always nice...

So, how do we deal maximum damage to Ultron? Flood the board? Use SonOfMagStorm(Quicksilver/Professor X/Iron Fist?
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

Also, is he whalable?

A man can dream!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    donietsche wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Also, is he whalable?

A man can dream!

Valar Whalarus