**** Iron Man (Hulkbuster) ****

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in Character Details
[anchor=ironman4]Iron Man (Hulkbuster)[/anchor] icon_ironman.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link
At Max Level: HP:17810 Tile damage: 11/82/64/10/11/73/3.5
    Repulsor Punch - Cost: 9 Red AP
    Iron Man pours his energy reserves into his next punch, using repulsors in his elbow for extra force. Depletes his teams Red AP, dealing 76 damage for each.
      Level 2. Deals 106 damage for each Red AP. Level 3. Deals 137 damage for each Red AP. Level 4. Deals 198 damage for each Red AP. Level 5. Deals 319 damage for each Red AP.
    Max Level: L3: 270, L4: 390, L5: 630 damage per AP
      Overdrive - Cost: 11 Black AP
      Tony recklessly diverts power from his heart's Arc Reactor to give his suit more firepower. Deals 776 damage to Iron Man, but gains 5 Red AP and creates 2 Yellow Strike tiles of strength 64.
        Level 2. 2 strength 92 Strike tiles. Level 3. Generates 6 Red AP. Level 4. Generates 7 Red AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 122. Level 5. Generates 9 Red AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 178.
      Max Level: 1541 damage to Iron Man, gains 9 Red AP, L3: 2x183, L4: 2x241, L5: 2x354 strike tiles.
        Hulk-Proof - Cost: 9 Blue AP
        The Hulkbuster suit deploys Hulk countermeasures and powers up shielding, ready for incoming damage. Converts 4 basic Green tiles to Red and creates 1 blue Protect tile of strength 18.
          Level 2. Creates 2 Blue Protect tiles of strength 18. Level 3. Converts 5 basic Green tiles to Red. Creates 2 Blue Protect tiles of strength 18. Level 4. Creates 3 Blue Protect tiles of strength 23. Level 5. Converts 7 basic Green tiles to Red. Creates 3 Blue Protect tiles of strength 36.
        Max Level: Converts 7 green tiles and creates L3: 2x36, L4: 3x45, L5: 3x72 protect tiles.

Earlier post:
        Iron Man (Hulk Buster) icon_ironman.png
        4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link
        At Max Level: HP:17810 Tile damage: 11/82/64/10/11/73/3.5

Repulsor Punch - Cost: 9 Red AP
        Iron Man pours his energy reserves into his next punch, using repulsors in his elbow for extra force. Depletes his teams Red AP, dealing 76 damage for each.
        Level 2. Deals 106 damage for each Red AP.
        Level 3. Deals 137 damage for each Red AP.
        Level 4. Deals 198 damage for each Red AP.
        Level 5. Deals 319 damage for each Red AP.
        Max Level:
        Level 3: 270 damage per AP
        Level 4: 390 damage per AP
        Level 5: 630 damage per AP

Overdrive - Cost: 11 Black AP
        Tony recklessly diverts power from his heart's Arc Reactor to give his suit more firepower. Deals 776 damage to Iron Man, but gains 5 Red AP and creates 2 Yellow Strike tiles of strength 64.
        Level 2. 2 strength 92 Strike tiles.
        Level 3. Generates 6 Red AP.
        Level 4. Generates 7 Red AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 122.
        Level 5. Generates 9 Red AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 178.
        Max Level:
        Level 3: Deals 1541 damage to Iron Man, gaining 6 Red AP, 2X183 strike tiles.
        Level 4: Deals 1541 damage to Iron Man, gaining 7 Red AP, 2X241 strike tiles.
        Level 5: Deals 1541 damage to Iron Man, gaining 9 Red AP, 2X354 strike tiles.

Hulk-Proof - Cost: 9 Blue AP
        The Hulkbuster suit deploys Hulk countermeasures and powers up shielding, ready for incoming damage. Converts 4 basic Green tiles to Red and creates 1 blue Protect tile of strength 18.
        Level 2. Creates 2 Blue Protect tiles of strength 18.
        Level 3. Converts 5 basic Green tiles to Red. Creates 2 Blue Protect tiles of strength 18.
        Level 4. Creates 3 Blue Protect tiles of strength 23.
        Level 5. Converts 7 basic Green tiles to Red. Creates 3 Blue Protect tiles of strength 36.
        Max Level:
        Level 3: Converts 5 green tiles and creates 2X36 protect tiles
        Level 4: Converts 5 green tiles and creates 3X45 protect tiles
        Level 5: Converts 7 green tiles and creates 3X72 protect tiles
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Evem though Hulkbuster is well known for comic readers, the mass just came to acknowledge it and the hype was good enough for everyone it seems. On MAA, the Facebook Marvel game, they announced it as a double-alt costume for Ironman, where he starts as MK43 then you have the option to swap for Hulkbuster; he flyes out of screen and lands again using his ogre-like armor.

Not that Im complaining, but older fans should have a bit more love from game devs bringing more classic guys like Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer (yet to be seen on both MPQ and MAA), Rogue, Iceman (took a lot of time to be added to MAA).. but of course that every new character is -mostly- welcome as it is part of the Marvel Universe.
        • ShionSinX wrote:
          Not that Im complaining, but older fans should have a bit more love from game devs bringing more classic guys like Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer (yet to be seen on both MPQ and MAA), Rogue, Iceman (took a lot of time to be added to MAA).. but of course that every new character is -mostly- welcome as it is part of the Marvel Universe.

I"m pretty sure the absence of Silver Surfer from pretty much every current game is the same reason Contest of Champions has no FF-film-license-related characters and this game hasn't introduced a new one in almost a year. I'll stop believing that when something, anything related to the characters in the FF film license gets licensed in any way shape or form in North America again.
        • Aidonis
          Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
          Hoping for a bigtime cavalry character. Red/Yellow/Blue(maybe Black).

One big nuke, single target, protect tile possibly, maybe in the 8k range 16ap.
          Team nuke, in the 6k range with a board shake 21ap.
          Passive of some kind of awesomeness.
        • Pwuz_
          Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
          Ben Grimm wrote:
          I"m pretty sure the absence of Silver Surfer from pretty much every current game is the same reason Contest of Champions has no FF-film-license-related characters and this game hasn't introduced a new one in almost a year. I'll stop believing that when something, anything related to the characters in the FF film license gets licensed in any way shape or form in North America again.

I'm pretty sure it's because Silver Surfer was already immortalized in video games, and any further attempt at his inclusion will only remind it's players that they are not playing THAT game.

silver-surfer-video-game.jpg
        • Aidonis wrote:
          Hoping for a bigtime cavalry character. Red/Yellow/Blue(maybe Black)..
          Red/Yellow/Blue, like the colors of his two other counterparts? I would like something a bit different, but not much as those are his colors for a reason.

Red is almost sure he will have, an energy blast, maybe like LThor: high damage to target and some to the others.

But a green using it to physically hit and maybe stun? Maybe he grabs and throws the target very far, taking it away from the battle for a few rounds like Colossus does (wont be affected by any power for that time).

He's never pure power tho, always does some kind of analysis; I can see a blue or yellow CD tile destroying a few of enemy's strongest color basic tiles every round, dealing a fixed damage but not generating AP.
        • Pwuz_ wrote:
          Ben Grimm wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's because Silver Surfer was already immortalized in video games, and any further attempt at his inclusion will only remind it's players that they are not playing THAT game.

silver-surfer-video-game.jpg

I'm not sure whether to upvote you for the sentiment or downvote you for reminding me that I paid money for that game.
        • Ben Grimm wrote:
          Pwuz_ wrote:
          Ben Grimm wrote:

I'm not sure whether to upvote you for the sentiment or downvote you for reminding me that I paid money for that game.

That made me smile, thanks icon_e_smile.gif
        • ShionSinX wrote:
          Evem though Hulkbuster is well known for comic readers, the mass just came to acknowledge it and the hype was good enough for everyone it seems. On MAA, the Facebook Marvel game, they announced it as a double-alt costume for Ironman, where he starts as MK43 then you have the option to swap for Hulkbuster; he flyes out of screen and lands again using his ogre-like armor.

Older fans get love. But you have to realize theres a new generation to cater to that's not u

I mean unless you're going to Kickstarter with other vets saying "WE WANT GAMBIT HERES $1,000,000"

PS: Keep in mind what marvel movies, comics, shows, etc. are coming up and when the "buying seasons"(Winter) are for the most popular content. Deadpool was released when he was for a reason. Guardians and Avengers will get premium treatment in this game because of their overall success.
        • Just don't make him like IM40 that every colour you use drains colour in other 3
        • Marc_Spector
          Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
          Agent Alex wrote:
          Just don't make him like IM40 that every colour you use drains colour in other 3

From having seen his [pre-release] moves in that very short-lived spoiler post, there did seem to be a justifiable element of risk/reward to his playstyle, which in turn seemed to fit very well canonically with the tremendous amount of strain and energy that it would surely take to use the Hulkbuster armor. He seemed to be much better designed than the now abysmally outdated IM40 (who I still hope will get some redesign-love at some point.)
        • Agent Alex wrote:
          Just don't make him like IM40 that every colour you use drains colour in other 3

From having seen his [pre-release] moves in that very short-lived spoiler post, there did seem to be a justifiable element of risk/reward to his playstyle, which in turn seemed to fit very well canonically with the tremendous amount of strain and energy that it would surely take to use the Hulkbuster armor. He seemed to be much better designed than the now abysmally outdated IM40 (who I still hope will get some redesign-love at some point.)
          don't worry, he'll get prerelease nerfed *kappa*
        • notamutant
          notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
          edited April 2015
          Saving this spot for later when I edit to add in my youtube video showing the inevitable OPness of Hulkbuster and how he requires a nerf like Iron Fist and Mystique and soon to be Scarlet Witch did because of Prof X.

Edit:

Videos are live now. I will make a post later in the thread so people can discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M1NjueHLJ0 Analysis Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUYPVSjZ0A Match 1 - Hulkbuster, Steve Rogers, Iron Fist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t74jIgnNRHM Match 2 - Hulkbuster, Iron Fist, Prof X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8uAVq7dSQA Match 3 - Hulkbuster, Cyclops, Prof X
        • SolidQ
          SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
          notamutant wrote:
          Saving this spot for later when I edit to add in my youtube video showing the inevitable OPness of Hulkbuster and how he requires a nerf like Iron Fist and Mystique and soon to be Scarlet Witch did because of Prof X.
          If they not nerf Hulkbuster every in pvp will be Prof X + Hulkbuster. Way op
        • IceIX
          IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
          Aidonis wrote:
          Hoping for a bigtime cavalry character. Red/Yellow/Blue(maybe Black).

One big nuke, single target, protect tile possibly, maybe in the 8k range 16ap.
          Team nuke, in the 6k range with a board shake 21ap.
          Passive of some kind of awesomeness.
          Red/Black/Blue, all actives. One damage outlet, the other two are utility/tile gen/board control. There's your teaser for the last day of C2E2. icon_e_smile.gif
        • Inarius
          Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
          legendary, that's awesome, can't wait to see what he's capable off...so, I guess his draw rate won't be 7.6% like icon_scarletwitch.png huh icon_lol.gif
        • Oldboy
          Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
          raisinbman wrote:
          Agent Alex wrote:

don't worry, he'll get prerelease nerfed *kappa*

Gosh stop being so pessimistic and cynical. I think they'll release him just as he is.

...Then nerf him 1 week later.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          Here's a preview, these are maxed out 270 stats
          4*

Repulsor Punch 9 redtile.png
          Lvl 5--Iron Man pours his energy reserves into his next punch, using repulsors in his elbow for extra force. Depletes his team's Red AP, dealing 630 dmage for each

Overdrive 11 blacktile.png
          Lvl 3--Tony recklessly diverts power from his heart's Arc Reactor to give his suit more firepower. Deals 1541 Damage to Iron Man, but gains 6 Red AP and creates 2 yellow strike tiles of strength 183
          Lvl4--creates 7 Red AP and strike tiles with strength 241

Hulk-Proof 9 bluetile.png
          Lvl 5--The Hulkbuster suit deploys gas grenades and powers up shielding, ready for incoming damage. Converts 7 basic green tiles to Red and creates 3 blue Protect tiles of strength 72

Looks to be good. 5 red seems mandatory since, well nothing else does damage. 5/5/3 looks to be most offensive, 5/3/5 most defensive. Depending on Lvl 5 Black, if that creates 9 red AP I think 5/5/3 will be the way to go, but depending on what 3 blue is may make me go the other way.

Basically take damage and 2 more AP but guarentee your red, or go the safer, cheaper route via blue which is just Dr.Doom's but converting green to red instead of blue to black which is going to give you a lower return more than likely than black, but the better thing about this is that you aren't collecting the same color to turn

Here is Dr. Doom's probability's for Technopathic Strike
          Level 2: Transforms 7 tiles.
          robability of a cascade occurring: 0.575122
          Average tiles destroyed: 5.109416
          Average Tiles destroyed by color:
          BLUE: 0.10473 tiles destroyed
          YELLOW: 0.391226 tiles destroyed
          TEAMUP: 0.391518 tiles destroyed
          RED: 0.390358 tiles destroyed
          PURPLE: 0.386444 tiles destroyed
          GREEN: 0.389048 tiles destroyed
          BLACK: 3.056092 tiles destroyed

So you would roughly generate 3.05 red tiles with another 2 tiles being random, so this on average will be a 9 AP for 5 AP conversion.
        • poomermon
          poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
          He also has 17810 health at max level. Red seems op. Who needs 4hor anymore?
        • simonsez
          simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
          Phaserhawk wrote:
          So you would roughly generate 3.05 red tiles with another 2 tiles being random, so this on average will be a 9 AP for 5 AP conversion.
          But as with the case with Technopathic Strike, a random sim vastly understates your results because in actual practice, you will wait until the board is full of greens next to reds before firing this off.
        • GrumpySmurf1002
          GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
          Iron Man (Hoodbuster) is more like it.

I'm seeing 5 redflag.png 3 blackflag.png 5 blueflag.png and use with Cyclops. Red everywhere, which negates a massive need for IMHB's black to be maxed. Between IM red and Cyclops Black, that's some heavy, heavy nuking.

Throw in Kamala who can target where to add green for IMHB's blue, and rainbow death it is.