Final DDQ survival node team strategy/composition discussion

Comments

• MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I usually bring mnmags, cstorm, and 2* cap marvel. The classic stormneto is the big gun with this team but mnmags red is great for board clears as is strategic command. I love it when I have max yellow and blast the board two or three times with SC, it's a better board shake than either mnmags or cstorm and usually nets me multiple criticals. I usually walk away with minimal or no damage.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    2* Magneto, 2* Storm, 3* Cap. Classic Stormneto (neutered somewhat but still viable), plus Cap for defense and goon CD targeting. Build up blue on the goon waves, then unleash multiple Wind Storms on the others. The 4th wave typically goes down in one turn.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Ares, MnMags and CStorm. I sometimes think I should level my MnMags so that he can tank blue for Storm. I've also considered levelling AxM Wolverine, since sometimes it can be slow and I think having strike tiles would help.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    The team I use most is OBW, MN Thor and AXM Woverine, all at level 94. First and third rounds, I get OBW's purple and blue built up as much as possible. Having her black at 5 helps with the AP denial. I'll watch the enemy counters and when one get to 1, I'll trigger Anti Gravity device. Just before I take out the last one, I will trigger Agressive Recon at least once (twice if I have enough AP). All the time, stockpiling red, yellow and green for Thor and Wolvie. At the beginning of the 2nd and 4th rounds, a few Adamantium Slashes and Call the Storms usually take care of the majority of the enemy team. Whenever I get those damn ninjas, I will substitute my 130 DD for Wolvie, just to help get rid the attack/strike tiles they may leave behind and maybe get a Billy Club or two out.
  • Obw, Mnmags, Cstorm stack your blues on the goons and use wind storm on the charactes easy
  • sulfuris
    sulfuris Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Until the patch taht boosted health of all characters i used to win every enchilada with magneto, black widow and thor (all 2*)

Round 1
    I would quickly collect blue and purple during the first match, so that i could spam OBW blue ability and never allow any countdown tiles to go of. I used mags purple to further provide blue. Meanwhile collecting all red, yellow and green i could but not spending them. I would finish first round with thor red (or magneto purple) so that i would gain first move and round 2

Round 2
    Nuke em up with 2x Thor green, then clean up with yellow and red. Usually, they wouldnt even be able to make single move.

Round 3
    As round one. Collect 30 yellow, red and green and keep myself safe with OBW blue. Finish round with ability to gain first move at round 4.

Round 4
    Nuke with 2x Thor green (but wisely, not all into one enemy to nicely distribute the dmg). The add 2x yellow -> earn enough to fire green one more time. At this point either all enemies are down, or one is still up. If one is up, fire 3 times thor red, or mags red.

Its not as efficient as it used to be after they boost the health. Now its impossible to kill all in one go at round 4 so you need to be ready for taking some beating. However OBW blue is good for patching up when there are no countdowns on the board
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I use patch/luke cage/Daredevil every single time. Rarely if ever I get defeated. Strategy is basic. Use first round to build up green purple yellow. Second round slam with berserker and follow with radar sense. Repeat. Uppercut and jab leftovers. Rebuild ap on 3rd round. Repeat 2nd round strategy on 4th.
  • Staals
    Staals Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I'm transitioning from 2* to 3*. I've always been succesful using OBW - Hood 166 - Lazy Thor 120, but this generally takes a long time.

My team has gotten a little better so I've been using Rocket&Groot 155 - Lazy Thor 166 - Hood 166 lately. As soon as I can launch Grocket's 'I got a plan' I can usually finish easily.
  • My typical team is Hulk, She-Hulk, Falcon. It was really good before Jenn got refactored and her Settlement could cancel countdowns. The basic idea:

- Rush blue AP to get Redwing to trigger on the goon waves. Then match away any Countdown tiles that are still active so that Redwing can keep doing work.
    -If you see an enemy AP pool getting too high, use Jenn's Reprieve to try to wipe it away. Remember, just because this team isn't using purpletile.png doesn't mean the next wave won't.
    -When you get there, shake up the board with Jenn's Power of Attorney . Apply Bird Strike when able, then trigger Inspiration as required.
    -If you get unlucky and the enemy drops a special tile, Jenn can steal it with Settlement.
    -If you get REALLY unlucky, try to get Hulk up front to tank it with Anger.
    -If you can, try to end a goon wave with a special move so that you keep the initiative going into a "hero wave".

Often I can slowly but surely whittle down the goon waves with lots of AP left in greentile.png and redtile.png . When I get to a "hero wave", I'll use what I have to do an initial burn (Power of Attorney and Thunderous Clap). I can with about 75% certainty kill off the weakest member of the team, and can sometimes kill off two weaker characters.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png + star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png + star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png

Only if wave 1 goes horribly wrong for you (ninjas bleeding you out, a sniper rifle you can't clear) will you ever lose with that combo. By wave 2 at the latest you should have a Thor yellow into Storm green cycle going which will fill your AP in all colors. A 30 green Lightning Strike is quite a sight. OBW purple is just gravy. OBW blue for emergency. Double Wind Storm at the start of wave 4 followed by Call The Storm usually ends the match.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    edited April 2015
    I have a lot of fun with 166 SuperSteve ( icon_captainamerica.png ), 100 Hood and.....usually a barely covered SexyScott ( icon_cyclops.png ). Part of that is because I create a mini game around not taking damage, plus seeing how many shields I can juggle. Got 9 one time....5 red, 4 blue.

Early round go for yellow and/or blue. Yellow becomes red, while blue can halt and remove countdowns (as can red). Black is great for the hero waves where a weak char has <5k health. Smack them up side the head with a red, then blues to the other two, follow up with Intimidation on the weak member....toast and you can gather AP again. Dont think there is anyone that has come through who can take two red shields to the noggin. Never gotten beat, and rarely take damage.

Edit: formatting
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    I think I am oddity for the Final DDQ survival node.

I use Laken/3Thor/Blade every time.

Strike tiles everywhere and once I get enough Pink, the game is over. And I just waltz my way to the finale.

Most days, my team ends the node at full health across the board - with the obvious exception of when we have the annoying attack tiles left behind by the Hand.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Deadpool, Daken & Thor, all 3*. Round 1, stockpile AP, finish the last one off with Thor's red. Round 2, Call the Storm, maybe whale drop if purple drops have been good. Round 3, continue stockpiling AP. Final round, I should have 18 red, so use Deadpool's red on each opponent, then whale drop to finish them off. Never had a problem with it.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    For the final node I usually go with Mohawk/GSBW/She-Hulk ... but since the nerf to She-Hulk its harder since 1) I can't modified CD tiles or Mohawk's attack tiles and 2) She-Hulk red doesn't do extra damage for the tiles it destroys. On the other hand I can go into waves 2 and 4 now with the AI having little to no AP after spamming She-Hulk's green.

Today I mixed it up and ran a half-dead Hood, BP, and LThor ( wel actually I forgot to switch teams from the previous node). This was very effective as I was able to laydown 3, 200+ strike tiles and a CD tile for defense before getting to wave two. By wave 4 I was able to just Rage and Call to finish em up quick.
  • i do random rainbow team, never lost to them dough
  • My standard team is Lazy Daken/Blade/Falcon. Get five blue for Falcon ASAP, match green if necessary for strike tiles, if not, let Blade do his thing. Focus on matching Purple, Black, and Green in that order once I have five blue. Get Blade's purple out once there are six strike tiles on the board, and then focus on purple/yellow, trying to keep the attack tiles from being matched and using yellow to buff everything. Launch Blade's black every so often either at the end of waves or during non-goon waves.

Doing this properly, I'm frequently doing 5k-6k damage per turn from the attack tiles alone, often just making little matches at the top of the board to try and leave it relatively undisturbed. Even matching TU tiles usually gets at least 1200+ damage at that point. The attack/strike tiles are doing all the work.

There's an alternative to this where I replace Blade with Doc Ock (and it was working well even before his buff). In this, focus on matching green and trying to match goon CD tiles and any special tiles that come up. Try and clear black before there are attack tiles on them so the attack tiles won't be matchable. Against some enemies, Doc Ock will get more attack tiles out, and I'm doing even more damage than with Blade.

Both of these also work well with high-HP goon nodes.
  • I tend to go icon_hulk.png , X-Force icon_wolverine.png , 2* icon_captainamerica.png. I'd take 3* icon_captainamerica.png but I don't have any blue covers for him yet, and I use the stun a ton on the 2nd and 4th nodes. icon_hulk.png and icon_wolverine.png because they're my 2 highest guys, icon_captainamerica.png for the redflag.png and blueflag.png for removal.

Similar strategy as everybody else. I hoard blue, red, black, green, and yellow for active powers concentrating most on blue for stuns and countdown removals.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I use Mystique, MnMags, Blade (was using Xforce since he was my new shiny toy for 3 weeks and then they nerfed him). I usually go in with 2+ b/p and get wininfinite started which will give enough black to get night stalker out and then let blade fill the board with strike tiles. The AI usually starts round 2 and 4 with minimal to no ap and I'm doing 800 to 1000 match damage per turn or if i get enough black and pink to put out more nightstalker and keep enemy closer. Minimal damage most of the time. Only time I get in trouble with this is when there are ninjas with their damn tseitsu since all blade and mystique are only level 100 and mnmags is 94.
  • I've been using Steve Rogers, Modern Magneto and Cyclops for quite a while, and it works like a charm almost every time. My Steve isn't quite maxed, Magneto is, but Cyclops only had 4 covers and was pretty under-leveled. He still made the cut however. Today I decided to swap Cyke out with IM40 who is a little better covered, and it worked pretty good as well. I really only stuck him in there for his Recharge ability, which makes Steve's powers activate a little faster.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    daken in the middle, blade and falcon on sides, daken tanks for blade, falcon tanks just yellow as its not leveled. both blade and falcon create enough strike tiles, and odd yellow just makes them stronger. blade steals strongest ap, so when coming on part 2&4 they usually dont have ability to go with, and by the last wave strike+attack tiles deal 5k+ damage