Lets all be nice to each other.

Options
1235»

Comments

• I won't be downvoting anymore, my buddy got banned for doing that.

I chuckle when I think of these mods taking on Reddit's downvoting problem
  • energythief
    energythief Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So, I'm trying something new that maybe other people will want to do as well.

I understand that some people find down-votes to be mean or even harassment, which I guess they can be, but I'm not going to stop down-voting bad posts because some people are sensitive to them. They are very useful, because they let me rank the merit of a post without derailing a thread with a reply. So for now on, I'm going to make sure that each down-vote has an explanation, like, "I get your point, but you don't need to call other people names to make your point."

Even when I up-vote, I think I'll try to say something like, "Nice post, but I don't agree", "lol", or even simply "I agree, good point", because there are lots of reasons that I want to encourage people to post more. I don't want to up-votes to make this place an echo-chamber. I'll up-vote as long as something contributes to the conversation or provides a good laugh.

This is a great idea. I too like to push bad posts down with downvotes, but apparently you have to have 25 reputation before you can downvote. Any reliable ways of getting over that hurdle?
  • ^^^

...without listing a reason icon_e_wink.gif
  • Am I the only one who finds it funny that a subject of being nice(I think civil is more appropriate) to one another is 5pages long?

I'm gonna argue that we should be condescending towards one another, not care about others concerns, and to top it off, assume that my standing within the game is the majority so that the people that disagree with me are whiners and merely outliers that should shut up. </sarcasm>
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    crazy1 wrote:
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that a subject of being nice(I think civil is more appropriate) to one another is 5pages long?

I'm gonna argue that we should be condescending towards one another, not care about others concerns, and to top it off, assume that my standing within the game is the majority so that the people that disagree with me are whiners and merely outliers that should shut up. </sarcasm>

Not much of an argument, dude. That seems to be the default attitude around here already. :p