Please OFFICIALLY comment on the Taco Token Stockpiles

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    This is super simple...
    Any taco token earned will from the day it is earned until the game ends, will only pull from the same original pool of choices

Therefore there is 0% reason to wait for opening them.

The current taco token pool for 4/14/15 is: blade, colossus, human torch, punisher, patch
    If you win a token from this pool, it always ONLY give you a chance for a gold token from among those 5 3* character regardless of whether you open it today, in a month or in a year

TL:DR OPEN TACO TOKENS ASAP

That isn't how it's worked. Taco tokens rotated in and out of the active pool and changed who they pulled every ten days. There's no reason to necessarily think that has changed. The trouble is a bunch of people have a mystery stockpile that doesn't seem to conform to the rules to date.

But that's what the devs said & goes w my experience of hoarding about 12. I got a gold from the previous week's stash (was trying to save for the following week)

Saving taco tokens changes nothing on what they will yield. There is no point in saving them at all
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's how it worked.

Week 1: You earn a taco token. It pulls from that week's set of characters.
    Week 2: There's a new set of characters. Tacos from week 1 are banked in the "old events" section of your token stash, and still draw from the week 1 character set.
    Week 3: Another new set of characters. Tacos from week 2 go into the bank, still with the week 2 characters, but your tokens from week 1 come out of the bank and now draw from the week 3 characters. Any tokens you earn this week will go into the same "stash" as your week 1 tokens.
  • But that's what the devs said & goes w my experience of hoarding about 12. I got a gold from the previous week's stash (was trying to save for the following week)

Saving taco tokens changes nothing on what they will yield. There is no point in saving them at all

A bunch of us have been tracking this. This isn't my opinion. It's possible it changed in the last week, since the stockpile fiasco made it harder to track things, but it was very easy to see the week 1 tokens turn into week 3 tokens, and the week 2 tokens turn into the week four tokens, etc. 12 isn't really that many; I've currently got 42 stockpiled, and SnowcaTT has never opened one.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I really, really, really, REALLY hope that they are not going to leave it to their CUSTOMERS to do a bunch of mathematics and trial and error bu cashing in their tokens, just to try and figure out what is what, when they could just TELL US what is what.........

Like, seriously? Who does that? lol
  • Actually lots of games. For example, Minecraft doesn't (or at least didn't) tell you how to make a single item. You had to figure it out for yourself. Most old school games required you to figure out tons of things on your own. It's only with more recent games pandering to a wider audience that people are told how to do everything.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I have noticed my stockpiles are in the order of 50-10-50.

If next week they are 10-50-50 or 50-50-10, it may indicate one of those stacks is related to the other in some order? (IE: they are probably showing up as even-even-odd-odd or odd-odd-even-even)

Have you thought about cashing in a single token out of one of the piles so you can tell them apart?

This is exactly what I did so now I have 2 piles of odd numbers that I believe match and 2 evens. Interested in seeing what happens 5 days from now, if my "odd" pile rolls over and so we have A and B piled up in storage and are now rotating C and D or if we get even a 5th pile and then I'm not sure what.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

If next week they are 10-50-50 or 50-50-10, it may indicate one of those stacks is related to the other in some order? (IE: they are probably showing up as even-even-odd-odd or odd-odd-even-even)

Have you thought about cashing in a single token out of one of the piles so you can tell them apart?

This is exactly what I did so now I have 2 piles of odd numbers that I believe match and 2 evens. Interested in seeing what happens 5 days from now, if my "odd" pile rolls over and so we have A and B piled up in storage and are now rotating C and D or if we get even a 5th pile and then I'm not sure what.

Which order are your stockpiles in, do you have a guess? (like even-odd-odd?)
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

My stockpiles are 26-9-30. The 26 is odd (week 5,7, and 9). The 9 is odd (week 11). The 30 is even (Week 6,8, and 10).
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Let me just say that we are sick, sick people to go through this much effort to sort it out. But I like it. And good work guys! =)
  • SnowcaTT
    papa07 wrote:
    My stockpiles are 26-9-30. The 26 is odd (week 5,7, and 9). The 9 is odd (week 11). The 30 is even (Week 6,8, and 10).

Thanks papa07! Would you update us in the order next rotation, so we see what the rotation change is? This really helps!
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    My stockpile is 10/10/10/4 (this is the current one)...shouldn't my a and c stockpile be joined?
  • We'll have to wait one more 'week' to see what happens... Kind of bummed that I won't have 50 tokens to try for IF/KK
  • SnowcaTT
    grunth13 wrote:
    My stockpile is 10/10/10/4 (this is the current one)...shouldn't my a and c stockpile be joined?
    They changed the identification number, so until you get rid of original ones (A&B), you'll have four stockpiles. C&D should be the ones that keep growing now.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should all open deprecated tokens tomorrow, so you can sell those Magnetos.
    (maybe new-tacos too)
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Thank you for making this tread, I was saving all my tokens specifically for IF and now I realize that is not going to happen.

I suppose it makes sense, since the idea here is to create more diverse rosters and if all we are doing is saving for some special 3* then D3 does not achieve their goals.

I opened 68 tokens just now and got:

1750 HP (1k once, three 250 HP once)
    12k ISO (sold all covers since need none of them).
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    daibar wrote:
    We'll have to wait one more 'week' to see what happens... Kind of bummed that I won't have 50 tokens to try for IF/KK

But are we sure that A & C wont pull from the same options? Which could mean A & C could both hit the IF/KK pools......
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

This week, Group D (4) - Group A (39) - Group C (9) - Group B (20)

I spent a bunch of group B's on Cyclops covers when he was in the first rotation, got 3 reds plus his red from the DDQ so I was able to 5/3/5 him right before his PvP, so it worked out really well. Spent my first 10 Group As (and accidentally missed one) when they first came out and didn't realize the value of hoarding.
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Yeah..."exact same odds as the group you originally won them in". Does that mean the odds never update, and tokens this week (pulling Colossus+) will pull those same odds forever?

Or does it mean same group in the sense that the ones that used to pull "odd week" odds will continue to update to "odd week odds"?

The latter.

That answers all questions perfectly clearly. If you want to hold your old tacos for a chance at a better draw pool later, it will still work. You just have to figure out which of your old taco stockpiles correlates to the even or odd group numbers.

So was it the even or odd week tacos that disappeared for a bit? I had 30 that disappeared but my other stockpile was only 25, so I will be able to figure it out once I know which group disappeared. Sucks if you had the same number of tacos in both piles though.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay! I'll take confusing odds over having no choice but to draw from a pool of characters I've already maxed.
  • SnowcaTT
    edited April 2015
    For those cashing in - don't! If you are waiting, you still have two pools in four stockpiles. See here to see different weeks draws from the old stockpiles:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23942&start=380#p335735

From papa07: My stockpiles are 26-9-30. The 26 is odd (week 5,7, and 9). The 9 is odd (week 11). The 30 is even (Week 6,8, and 10).
    And from Lerysh: (Active) Group D (4) - Group A (39) - Group C (9) - Group B (20)

You can see you currently have three stockpiles that are Odd (old), odd (new), Even (old); along with active (even). With draw information, we know that what MarvelMan is asking may be happening: groups D/B (even) are pulling the same rate, and groups A/C (odd) are pulling the same rate. [Edit - or not? see down a couple posts]

There seem to be -still- two draw rates. This round (12) it is:
    "Even” tokens given, which pull Punisher/Blade/Wolverine/Human Torch/Colossus
    “Odd” tokens stockpiled, which pull Falcon/Psylocke/Beast/Captain America/Sentry

There seem to be -still- two draw piles. This round (12) it is:
    Active, 3rd stockpile (rounds 2/4/6/8/10): which pull Punisher/Blade/Wolverine/Human Torch/Colossus
    1st stockpile (rounds 1/3/5/7/9) , 2nd stockpile (newer, from round 11): which pull Falcon/Psylocke/Beast/Captain America/Sentry

And those two draw rates and draw piles should continue to update! The only part we don't know right now is the order of the stockpiles next round (since there is no "stockpile" of newer "even" rotation tokens), so next the three stockpiles may change order. Right now the stockpile order is odd (old), odd (new), even (old); next week it may be odd (old), even (old), even (new) or some other configuration. We're getting there, thanks for all the help everyone!

-edit: knowing this, I finally opened one taco, in my pile B (active draw had better chances for me), to further track piles and where they are going. Unfortunately, no 3* to confirm anything (as expected icon_e_smile.gif)