Thank you, MPQ Devs :)

Options

Comments

• noobpotato wrote:
    Common wrote:
    Honestly, don't even pretend to support a ridiculous patch such as this. I've spend real money on this game and all of it has been stolen by the devs in this update. If you want to play the character rebalance game, feel free, just learn to REIMBURSE EVERY SINGLE ISO-8 to the people who spent time and money leveling their team. How can it be remotely fair to ruin a team composition and say tough luck, all those hours and dollars are now wasted. Don't like it? Too bad, we don't care about our clients.

I'll say this very clearly, I don't care if they completely cripple Thor (who now, at level 85 does less damage than Ironman at Level 50), Wolverine and any other character they feel like "rebalancing". What is equivalent to theft is not allowing players to spend their hard earned ISO-8 on another team to enjoy the game. Return the full 100,000 Iso it cost to level Cap Thor or Wolverine and see how many players still want to use your "Balanced" Thor and Wolverine. Devs, you already made money from me, why not allow me to enjoy the game and play different Heroes?

As I don't believe the Devs will own up to their mistakes, I've already petitioned the Steam store for a full refund and I recommend that everyone does the same. Either they return ALL of our ISO-8 and hero coins so we may spend them on something that actually works now or we leave WITH OUR MONEY!

Best regards,
    NazgulPrime

+1

And to the people who wants to bash the other players and praise the devs. Know that the only people that is keeping this game alive are the paying customers like ourselves that really paid a huge investment for rest of you freeloaders to play. whose keeping this game alive?

See where the game ends up when we 'whiners' are gone and you are only left with freeloaders!

lol - "you freeloaders".

Anytime you wanna whip out itunes receipts and compare - I'd gladly welcome a e-peen/money spent comparison showdown.
    Pretty sure you've just ousted yourself as the cheap **** since you're riding the coat tails of 2 star heroes.

I was just implying that this game - I don't feel forced to pay as much as other games. There is ton of play to be had without spending any money if you choose to.

On the points of thor doing less dmg - you do realize his skill grant him AP right?

Wish you spent as much time making coherent points as crying about your money down the drain.

That's like whippin out your d- and comparing the number of boils..nobody is a winner on that battle lol.
  • noobpotato wrote:
    Common wrote:
    Honestly, don't even pretend to support a ridiculous patch such as this. I've spend real money on this game and all of it has been stolen by the devs in this update. If you want to play the character rebalance game, feel free, just learn to REIMBURSE EVERY SINGLE ISO-8 to the people who spent time and money leveling their team. How can it be remotely fair to ruin a team composition and say tough luck, all those hours and dollars are now wasted. Don't like it? Too bad, we don't care about our clients.

I'll say this very clearly, I don't care if they completely cripple Thor (who now, at level 85 does less damage than Ironman at Level 50), Wolverine and any other character they feel like "rebalancing". What is equivalent to theft is not allowing players to spend their hard earned ISO-8 on another team to enjoy the game. Return the full 100,000 Iso it cost to level Cap Thor or Wolverine and see how many players still want to use your "Balanced" Thor and Wolverine. Devs, you already made money from me, why not allow me to enjoy the game and play different Heroes?

As I don't believe the Devs will own up to their mistakes, I've already petitioned the Steam store for a full refund and I recommend that everyone does the same. Either they return ALL of our ISO-8 and hero coins so we may spend them on something that actually works now or we leave WITH OUR MONEY!

Best regards,
    NazgulPrime

+1

And to the people who wants to bash the other players and praise the devs. Know that the only people that is keeping this game alive are the paying customers like ourselves that really paid a huge investment for rest of you freeloaders to play. whose keeping this game alive?

See where the game ends up when we 'whiners' are gone and you are only left with freeloaders!

lol - "you freeloaders".

Anytime you wanna whip out itunes receipts and compare - I'd gladly welcome a e-peen/money spent comparison showdown.
    Pretty sure you've just ousted yourself as the cheap **** since you're riding the coat tails of 2 star heroes.

I was just implying that this game - I don't feel forced to pay as much as other games. There is ton of play to be had without spending any money if you choose to.

On the points of thor doing less dmg - you do realize his skill grant him AP right?

Wish you spent as much time making coherent points as crying about your money down the drain.

Pretty much everything you assumed and accuse me of is wrong.

FYI i don't even use wolverine/Thor nor did I ever mention them. So right off the bat you have no idea what you are talking about. Your basically talking out of your **** w/ blatant accusation w/ no knowledge of where I'm coming from.

And as for GeorgeSavior, Its absolutely non of your business of what ive spent, but I've wasted over $400 over the past 2 months. Most of the characters I own were NOT notified that they were going to be nerfed so that came as a surprise to me. The publisher has the responsibility to post that in game b/c they are dealing w/ peoples money. It was incredibly inept for them to put a patch when they had knowledge that people were spending money on upgrading their character. d3publisher knowingly had knowledge people were upgrading their character w/money and to them it was incentive to make extra money before people stop spending on upgrading characters. It was only last week when in-game notice were posted. Which were thor/wolverine 'funbalance' notice.

Like I said... I don't have wolverine or Thor. The characters that were affected that I have were all pre-notice patch.
  • Likewise, your assumption that no paying customers support the development as it is made an **** out of you. Because there are several customers doing so as well. Likely in categories both smaller paying, bigger paying, and equal to you, Common.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jester Day wrote:
    Likewise, your assumption that no paying customers support the development as it is made an **** out of you. Because there are several customers doing so as well. Likely in categories both smaller paying, bigger paying, and equal to you, Common.

You can agree to disagree. But all you done is put words onto peoples mouth. When did I say that no paying customers are the only one supporting the development?

What I stated was that people like myself who puts in huge investments are the only one whose keeping this game alive. Paying $5 here and there won't be keeping this game alive. Which is true. And please let me know when you can actually read everything I've said instead of nitpicking and trying to make devs into a victim card.
  • And to the people who wants to bash the other players and praise the devs. Know that the only people that is keeping this game alive are the paying customers like ourselves that really paid a huge investment for rest of you freeloaders to play. whose keeping this game alive?

These sentences means exactly that all the people bashing other players and agreeing with the devs are freeloaders. Aka, those not paying. People who are paying are also siding with the devs. It is exactly what you said, in plain english.

Edit: Plural.
  • Puritas wrote:
    edit: also I realize that the respec option is a lot of work that still isn't ready, but the resell option just is a poor alternative when the entire playerbase had builds that are no longer optimal

By the lot of work you mean that 2-3 hours needed for the dialog with 3 choices to ask which of the remaining 2 colors to -1 or cancel as you apply the 14th cover?
  • Jester Day wrote:

These sentences means exactly that all the people bashing other players and agreeing with the devs are freeloaders. Aka, those not paying. People who are paying are also siding with the devs. It is exactly what you said, in plain english.

Edit: Plural.

Do you really know how to read? When did I say anything about freeloaders being the only one that supports the game?

I was talking about the monetary issue. You're talking about completely something else. Like I told you.. Read what i wrote (in response of the OP) instead of nitpicking a paragraph.
  • If you are unable to stand for your words, do not utter them. Simple as that. Your entire post even drove home the point that when the "whiners" were gone, we are only left with the freeloaders. The "we" referred to being a sizeable chunk of the community.

Seemingly I have a far better grasp of the english language than you seem to do, sir or madam. For information, I have sunk more money than you note into this game the last two months (change dollars to Euro and add some). So that is pretty decently above the $5 every here and there situation.

So you rack down on a pretty big segment of the population, and on top of that make the assumption that no bigger paying customer sides with the development. Which is blatantly untrue.
  • Common wrote:
    Jester Day wrote:
    Likewise, your assumption that no paying customers support the development as it is made an **** out of you. Because there are several customers doing so as well. Likely in categories both smaller paying, bigger paying, and equal to you, Common.

You can agree to disagree. But all you done is put words onto peoples mouth. When did I say that no paying customers are the only one supporting the development?

What I stated was that people like myself who puts in huge investments are the only one whose keeping this game alive. Paying $5 here and there won't be keeping this game alive. Which is true. And please let me know when you can actually read everything I've said instead of nitpicking and trying to make devs into a victim card.

The amount of money that this game has received from people who've spent under $50 lifetime is much greater than the amount from people who've spent over $50 lifetime, and it's not even close. Do you have any idea how F2P pricing models work?
  • Personally I like most of the changes. I was addicted to boosts like most people and it made see certain covers on defense trivial. Just knock down OBW or Spidey before they can get you locked up. No prob. Now I fear those matchups. The problem I have with it is the charging 100 HP for something that is bigger advantage than fifty extra levels. It really will allow the whales who will pay whatever to have free reign.

The rainbow boost was op. Just take it out. Or make it drop only.

As for the nerfs. I like that too. Thor is still a beast. He and OBW will still be on lotsbof teams. I'm keeping my wolvie too. Still the third best two star.

The changes allow the game to still progress. What were we getting out of this game if not t drops and new covers. Now with Thorverine toned down I am that much more excited about getting new covers for hulk and punisher and patches and the rest of the three stars.

Anyway. Overall I think the changes were needed, just take away boosting all together though instead of the huge advantage going to small well funded group.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Common wrote:
    Jester Day wrote:
    Likewise, your assumption that no paying customers support the development as it is made an **** out of you. Because there are several customers doing so as well. Likely in categories both smaller paying, bigger paying, and equal to you, Common.[/quote

The amount of money that this game has received from people who've spent under $50 lifetime is much greater than the amount from people who've spent over $50 lifetime, and it's not even close. Do you have any idea how F2P pricing models work?

When did I ever say there's more people that spends over $50 than ppl that spends less?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    aboudreau wrote:
    Personally I like most of the changes. I was addicted to boosts like most people and it made see certain covers on defense trivial. Just knock down OBW or Spidey before they can get you locked up. No prob. Now I fear those matchups. The problem I have with it is the charging 100 HP for something that is bigger advantage than fifty extra levels. It really will allow the whales who will pay whatever to have free reign.

The rainbow boost was op. Just take it out. Or make it drop only.

As for the nerfs. I like that too. Thor is still a beast. He and OBW will still be on lotsbof teams. I'm keeping my wolvie too. Still the third best two star.

The changes allow the game to still progress. What were we getting out of this game if not t drops and new covers. Now with Thorverine toned down I am that much more excited about getting new covers for hulk and punisher and patches and the rest of the three stars.

Anyway. Overall I think the changes were needed, just take away boosting all together though instead of the huge advantage going to small well funded group.

100% agreed, though apparently you and me both are just suckups (and freeloaders too) for not agreeing with those that are disliking the changes...

anyway, out of interest, what are your other **-Covers that you now rate avove Wolvie? Ares and OBW?
  • Common wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Common wrote:
    Jester Day wrote:
    Likewise, your assumption that no paying customers support the development as it is made an **** out of you. Because there are several customers doing so as well. Likely in categories both smaller paying, bigger paying, and equal to you, Common.[/quote

When did I ever say there's more people that spends over $50 than ppl that spends less?

You said people who spend a lot of money are keeping the game afloat, but it's the opposite. Those who spend a little contribute vastly, vastly more income to the devs than the few who spend a lot. There are some F2P games where whales run the economy, but MPQ is certainly not one of them.
  • Celerity wrote:
    You said people who spend a lot of money are keeping the game afloat, but it's the opposite. Those who spend a little contribute vastly, vastly more income to the devs than the few who spend a lot. There are some F2P games where whales run the economy, but MPQ is certainly not one of them.

How do you know this with such great certainty?
    The top 10 percent of players can account for as much as 50 percent of all in-app purchase revenue,” says Andy Yang, CEO of the mobile monetization research firm PlayHaven.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/11/m ... hales/all/

Every iOS dev I've spoken to on internet gaming forums has pretty much confirmed the same thing.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Celerity wrote:

How do you know this with such great certainty?
    The top 10 percent of players can account for as much as 50 percent of all in-app purchase revenue,” says Andy Yang, CEO of the mobile monetization research firm PlayHaven.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/11/m ... hales/all/

Every iOS dev I've spoken to on internet gaming forums has pretty much confirmed the same thing.

How can you possibly compare a game like Clash of Clans with this game? There is an upper limit to how much you can spend here, the economy is nothing alike. There is a handful of people who've spent $100-500, compared to the thousands who have spent $10-20. It's common sense.
  • It's like tax. There are millions and millions of people on the lowest income tax band, but the few hundred at the top pay much, much more all of them combined.
  • That data is based on ALL apps, not just CoC.

So, again, how can YOU speak with such certainty about how money is spent in this game?
  • If you guys think people are upset over the Thor/Wolverine changes then there is no help for you.

The only thing I can thank the devs for giving me the boost I needed to do other things with my money/time.

Unfortunately I'll still get bored at work and come to these forums.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    That data is based on ALL apps, not just CoC.

So, again, how can YOU speak with such certainty about how money is spent in this game?

There is no actual data in the link you have provided. The quote "The top 10 percent of players can account for as much as 50 percent of all in-app purchase revenue." clearly is not referring to every game, since the word 'can' is used. It's referring to the ridiculously extreme cases like the ones you are presenting. If the top players only account for 50% of the income there, the percentage for a game like this where nobody is dropping $10,000 would be much more lopsided.

Edit: I just want to add that, regardless of the actual percentage, I was only trying to refute the claim that top players here are "keeping the game afloat" and that their opinions should be considered above the opinions of "freeloaders" who spend $10-20.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    so what's up with all the whine?

everybody knew that the thorverine nerf was coming for weeks, and IMO the nerf's a lot better than rag for instance. Wolverine is still ar good **-Char.

As for the 'freeloaders', you seem to make the mistake to believe that

a) non-paying players are 'freeloaders' to begin with.
    b) all or even a large portion of the paying customers feel like you. I for one am quite happy with the game, and even though I don't like some of the changes, all added up they improve the game rather than ruin it.

Also, i have this - admittedly old fashioned - idea that the point of this game is not to have the most devastating team but to have fun playing...

Every change will piss of someone, that's in the nature of change. But stagnation would be the fastest way to kill this game...

Well, the fun for most people is fading. Changes were announced, sure, but then a week or two goes by and we're wondering when they are coming.... and then they fell in the midst of 4 different events. Maybe a pop-up that those changes went into affect would be nice. Did they announce the change in price/cost for HP? Oh, no, they conveniently forgot to menion that. You don't care about the ever increasing cost of HP & boosts? It would seem that the current PvE was really to drain your boosts just before they implemented this increase in boosts cost. You have to be blind to not see their sneaky, underhanded attempts to raise the price for everything. Remember when the cost for HP went up (without any notice) and the feedback we got from D3 was something along the lines of "well, we wanted to see how much we can get".

Change is acceptable and necessary; but weekly changes that affect everything you put into the game over the last 90 days gets quite frustrating. When I've tried to express some concerns and issues to D3 , I was ignored and I
    must have sent about 10 emails. It appears that others have had the same experience I've had. You can call it whining; but people have every right to express their displeasure.