Comments

• jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    And blade is wayyyy too higH

How do you figure? There are only 6 on that list that I would consider moving ahead of Blade and I don't think any of them are sure things to be ahead of him

He's got very little of the most important high-end pvp qualities
    He's not fast.
    He's not consistent.
    He's got no in-built sustainability.

Out of the heroes ranked lower than he is, I'd say he's definitively less useful on the high-end than

Black Panther
    Magneto
    Luke Cage
    Loki
    Deadpool
    Cyclops
    Kamala Khan

and he's questionably or situationally less useful than

Captain America
    Hulk
    Rocket and Groot
    Doctor Doom

It's not that Blade is a bad character or anything, but I'm pretty sure a lot of voters voted on him with their hearts instead of their heads.
    You are right,he is great on a board with lots of reds.his other two moves are good,but you are only really hitting serious dmg when his green has been triggered.i have a fully covered blade,so im qualified to say that.
  • Would be awesome if we all could help out and have Recommended Build(s) or Best Build(s) added to the rankings.
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    MrGame004 wrote:
    Would be awesome if we all could help out and have Recommended Build(s) or Best Build(s) added to the rankings.
    Ill start on any im qualified to comment on.others may disagree but most of my guys i have tried a few builds and these are theones i have settled on.these are all 3 stars since i wont keep anything lower
    Gsbw 535
    Cap 355
    Daken 544
    Daredevil 355
    Deadpool 553
    Magneto 355
    Spidey 355
    Hood 553
    Hulk 535
    Thor 355
    Patch 535
    Falcon 553
    Punisher 553
    Blade 355
    Storm 535
    Cap marvel 355
    Black panther 535
    Iron man 552 or 551 never 553
    Sentry 535
  • Osaic wrote:
    Blade is high risk, high reward, but I use him a lot. Way more than most of the other characters below him in the ranking.
    Penalizing him for his reliance on a red board doesn't seem fair to me. For most characters, getting a board devoid of their desired color is going to slow them down, too. If I play LDaken and don't get green matches early, he's slow. Same with Grocket and Blue. Or LThor or GSWidow and Green. Same for Cap without Red or Blue, etc. And no, Blade can't really build up his weapons across colors in the same way that Cyc or Thor can, but building the right sequence of AP growth with those characters can be slow, too. That's why rainbow teams are a good strategy. If the board is bad in red, it's good in something else!
    (Plus he's fun)

I find the problem isn't just that you need a red board, but you also need the AI to not match red. It makes Blade way more conditional. With Daken, if you don't get green, you can match purple or black and make him the healing tank while you feed other character's abilities. Daken's reliance on green matches is tempered by the fact that you can match purple, black, green, or blue, and it's still useful.

Blade is fast sometimes, slow sometimes. Totally agreed on high risk/high reward.
  • daibar wrote:
    Osaic wrote:
    Blade is high risk, high reward, but I use him a lot. Way more than most of the other characters below him in the ranking.
    Penalizing him for his reliance on a red board doesn't seem fair to me. For most characters, getting a board devoid of their desired color is going to slow them down, too. If I play LDaken and don't get green matches early, he's slow. Same with Grocket and Blue. Or LThor or GSWidow and Green. Same for Cap without Red or Blue, etc. And no, Blade can't really build up his weapons across colors in the same way that Cyc or Thor can, but building the right sequence of AP growth with those characters can be slow, too. That's why rainbow teams are a good strategy. If the board is bad in red, it's good in something else!
    (Plus he's fun)

I find the problem isn't just that you need a red board, but you also need the AI to not match red. It makes Blade way more conditional. With Daken, if you don't get green, you can match purple or black and make him the healing tank while you feed other character's abilities. Daken's reliance on green matches is tempered by the fact that you can match purple, black, green, or blue, and it's still useful.

Blade is fast sometimes, slow sometimes. Totally agreed on high risk/high reward.
    Agreed, but I think the bigger thing is simply that its the opposite of everyone else. It's not about making matches like with Daken, its about preventing them, which is harder - as the more there are, the worse the cascade potential. It balances against Daken in that its passive, you can do anything and get the ST, but with daken you have ot make a specific match to get it - so its not 'borked', but it makes 'red starved' boards HORRIBLE for Blade.

I just want to reiterate that he should have some form of true healing too...why does Wolverine get all the fun?
    - Unreeall
  • MrGame004 wrote:
    Would be awesome if we all could help out and have Recommended Build(s) or Best Build(s) added to the rankings.
    Ill start on any im qualified to comment on.others may disagree but most of my guys i have tried a few builds and these are theones i have settled on.these are all 3 stars since i wont keep anything lower
    Gsbw 535
    Cap 355
    Daken 544
    Daredevil 355
    Deadpool 553
    Magneto 355
    Spidey 355
    Hood 553
    Hulk 535
    Thor 355
    Patch 535
    Falcon 553
    Punisher 553
    Blade 355
    Storm 535
    Cap marvel 355
    Black panther 535
    Sentry 535

Punisher can be 355 as well and Daken can be 5xx depending on healing preference, but I agree with 544. I concur on the rest

Doom 535
    Torch 544 (5xx is acceptable depending on desire for Green v Black)
    Psylocke 535
    Loki 445
    Cyclops 535
    Rocket 535
    Gamora 535
    Cage 535
    Colossus 355
    Iron Fist 355
    Squirrel 355
    Rags 355
    Kamala 355
    Quick 535
    Mystique x5x (not sure how to split the 8 between Purple and Black)
    SheHulk 535 (not sure if this changes with the buff)
    Beast 553 (not sure if this changes with the buff)
    Doc Ock ???

My take on the rest of the 3stars.
  • daibar wrote:
    Osaic wrote:
    (Plus he's fun)

Blade is no risk, don't need a red board
    daibar wrote:
    Osaic wrote:
    (Plus he's fun)

Agreed, but I think the bigger thing is simply that its the opposite of everyone else. It's not about making matches like with Daken, its about preventing them, which is harder - as the more there are, the worse the cascade potential. It balances against Daken in that its passive, you can do anything and get the ST, but with daken you have ot make a specific match to get it - so its not 'borked', but it makes 'red starved' boards HORRIBLE for Blade.

I just want to reiterate that he should have some form of true healing too...why does Wolverine get all the fun?
    - Unreeall

Don't give him true healing, he'll become a nerf target then
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here's what we've got so far. Please everyone add your two cents:

****Updated*****

1) 4* Wolverine (X-Force)
    Recommended Build(s): pending change

2) 3* Thor
    Recommended Build(s): 3/5/5

3) 4* Thor
    Recommended Build(s):

4) 4* Professor X
    Recommended Build(s):

5) 3* The Hood
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    3/5/5 (paired with countdown generators)

6) 4* Nick Fury
    Recommended Build(s):

7) 3* Daken
    Recommended Build(s): 5/x/x personal peference

8) 3* Iron Fist
    Recommended Build(s):

9) 3* Wolverine (Patch)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (for hulk bombing)
    or
    3/5/5 (if patch tanks colors)

10) 3* Blade
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (for pvp)
    or
    3/5/5 (for pve)

11) 3* Black Panther
    Recommended Build(s): 5/3/5

12) 3* Magneto (classic)

13) 3* Luke Cage
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3 (Works good with The Hood, Captain America, and Kamala. Tanks yellow, and provides
    strong protect tile)
    or
    5/3/5 (Max damage)

14) 3* Captain America

15) 3* Loki
    Recommended Build(s):
    4/4/5 (balanced build)
    5/3/5

16) 3* Deadpool
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    or
    3/5/5

17) 3* Hulk

18) 3* Cyclops
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    5/4/4
    3/5/5

19) 4* Kingpin
    Recommended Build(s):

20) 3* Rocket and Groot
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    or
    3/5/5

21) 3* Kamala Khan
    Recommended Build(s):
    3/5/5

22) 3* Doctor Doom
    Recommended Build(s):

23) 3* Human Torch
    Recommended Build(s): 5/4/4 (Balanced build)

24) 4* Devil Dinosaur
    Recommended Build(s):

25) 3* Falcon
    Recommended Build(s): 5/5/3

26) 4* Star-lord
    Recommended Build(s):

27) 3* Punisher
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    or
    3/5/5

28) 3* Captain Marvel
    Recommended Build(s):

29) 4* Electra
    Recommended Build(s):

30) 3* Black Widow (grey suit)

31) 3* Daredevil
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3 (works good with Patch or Daken)
    3/5/5 (worrks good with cycolps

32) 3* Mystique
    Recommended Build(s):

33) 3* Psylocke

34) 3* Colossus
    Recommended Build(s):

35) 2* Black Widow (original)

36) 3* Sentry
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    or
    5/5/3 (with the hood)

37) 3* Storm (Mohawk)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (extra punch)
    5/5/3 (good in pve)

38) 3* Gamora
    Recommended Build(s):

39) 3* Squirrel Girl
    Recommended Build(s):

40) 3* Spider-Man

41) 3* Iron Man (Model 40)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/1 Best
    5/5/2 Balanced
    5/5/3 Worse

42) 2* Ares
    Recommended Build(s): 4/4/5

43) 2* Storm (classic)
    Recommended Build(s):
    3/5/5 (extra punch)
    or
    5/4/4 (balanced)

44) 3* She-Hulk

45) 2* Thor
    Recommended Build(s):
    4/5/4 (balanced build)
    3/5/5 (transition build)

46) 3* Ragnarok
    Recommended Build(s):

47) 2* Magneto (Marvel Now)

48) 2* Daken

49) 2* Wolverine (Astonishing)

50) 3* Doctor Octopus
    Recommended Build(s): pending changes

51) 4* Invisible Woman

52) 3* Beast

53) 2* Captain Marvel
    Recommended Build(s):

54) 2* Hawkeye (modern)

55) 2* Human Torch
    Recommended Build(s):5/x/x personal preference

56) 1* Juggernaut
    Recommended Build(s): 5/5

57) 2* Captain America

58) 2* Moonstone
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    or
    5/3/5 (PVE and with Doom or Hood)

59) 2* Bullseye

60) 1* Storm (modern)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    or
    5/5/3

61) 1* Black Widow (Modern)
    Recommended Build(s):
    2/5 (for faster steals)
    or
    5/5

62) 1* Iron Man (Model 35)

63) 1* Venom
    Recommended Build(s):
    4/5 (for faster stuns)
    or
    5/5

64) 1* Hawkeye (classic)

65) 2* Bag Man
    Recommended Build(s): Doesn't really matter but 4/4/5 is balanced

66) 1* Yelena Belova
    Recommended Build(s): Doesn't really matter 5/5
  • MrGame004 wrote:

7) 3* Daken
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3 (for max health benefits)
    or
    4/5/4 (for extra damamge)

9) 3* Wolverine (Patch)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (for hulk bombing)
    or
    3/5/5 (more balance build. Less dangerous. Works well with Daredevil, Loki, and Falcon, and
    She-Hulk.

15) 3* Loki

17) 3* Hulk

18) 3* Cyclops
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/4/4 (balance build)
    or
    3/5/5 (Works well with Captain America)

20) 3* Rocket and Groot
    Recommended Build(s): 4/5/4 (Balance build)

37) 3* Storm (Mohawk)
    Recommended Build(s): 5/5/3 (pve)

Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/2
    or
    5/5/3

43) 2* Storm (classic)
    Recommended Build(s): 5/4/4 (balanced build)

45) 2* Thor
    Recommended Build(s): 4/5/4 (balanced build)

48) 2* Daken
    Recommended Build(s): 4/5/4

54) 2* Hawkeye (modern)

55) 2* Human Torch
    Recommended Build(s):5/5/4 or 5/4/4

60) 1* Storm (modern)

Recommended Build(s):5/5

63) 1* Venom

A lot of issues with your compilation.

Daken should be 5xx. The difference between 1 or 2 strike tiles is huge. Everything else depends on your feelings on healing vs damage.
    Patch should be 535 unless you have a team where he tanks 3 or 4 colors. Otherwise his red is next to useless.
    Loki has to be xx5. Personally, I think 445 is the way to go. Since you don't move TU tiles, 26 pairs and all tiles are almost the same thing.
    Hulk has to be 535. His red is one of the worst powers in the game.
    Cyclops in my opinion should be 535. He has 2 huge damage powers at 5. Any extra red generation is gravy, not what you base his design around.
    Rocket should be 535, although I can see the argument for 355. Green is his worst power, by far. However, the argument is that he is easy to one shot from above 25%, so may as well max the attack components.
    Storm should be 535. Black is her best power. TUs are fairly useless.
    IM40 can be 551 as well. 553 is rarely a decision anyone is happy with - usually means they applied a 3rd yellow before they knew better.
    Storm needs 5 blue. I personally run her 355, as I like the bigger counterpunch.
    Thor should be 355. Red is lackluster.
    2* Daken should be 355. Without the double strikes, there is no reason to have more than 3 there.
    Hawkeye has 3 powers not 2
    Human Torch again can be any combination of 5xx, as long as only 13 covers
    Storm again should be 535. Black is still her best skill.
    Widow can be 25, as her steal is much more usable at 2 than 5.
    Venom can be 45 depending on whether you want a cheaper single stun
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Osaic wrote:
    (Plus he's fun)

Blade is no risk, don't need a red board
    daibar wrote:
    Osaic wrote:
    (Plus he's fun)

- Unreeall

Don't give him true healing, he'll become a nerf target then

Are you kidding about blade not needing a red board?

If there's not enough red on the board, he's a 3/5/0 hero. How is that not dependent? Lol.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 4* Wolverine (X-Force)
    2 3* Thor
    3 4* Thor
    4 4* Professor X
    5 3* The Hood
    6 4* Nick Fury
    7 3* Daken
    8 3* Iron Fist
    9 3* Wolverine (Patch)
    10 3* Blade
    11 3* Black Panther
    12 3* Magneto (classic)
    13 3* Luke Cage
    14 3* Captain America
    15 3* Loki
    16 3* Deadpool
    17 3* Hulk
    18 3* Cyclops
    19 4* Kingpin
    20 3* Rocket and Groot
    21 3* Kamala Khan
    22 3* Doctor Doom
    23 3* Human Torch
    24 4* Devil Dinosaur
    25 3* Falcon
    26 4* Star-lord
    27 3* Punisher
    28 3* Captain Marvel
    29 4* Electra
    30 3* Black Widow (grey suit)
    31 3* Daredevil
    32 3* Mystique
    33 3* Psylocke
    34 3* Colossus
    35 2* Black Widow (original)
    36 3* Sentry
    37 3* Storm (Mohawk)
    38 3* Gamora
    39 3* Squirrel Girl
    40 3* Spider-Man
    41 3* Iron Man (Model 40)
    42 2* Ares
    43 2* Storm (classic)
    44 3* She-Hulk
    45 2* Thor
    46 3* Ragnarok
    47 2* Magneto (Marvel Now)
    48 2* Daken
    49 2* Wolverine (Astonishing)
    50 3* Doctor Octopus
    51 4* Invisible Woman
    52 3* Beast
    53 2* Captain Marvel
    54 2* Hawkeye (modern)
    55 2* Human Torch
    56 1* Juggernaut
    57 2* Captain America
    58 2* Moonstone
    59 2* Bullseye
    60 1* Storm (modern)
    61 1* Black Widow (Modern)
    62 1* Iron Man (Model 35)
    63 1* Venom
    64 1* Hawkeye (classic)
    65 2* Bag Man
    66 1* Yelena Belova

Underlined characters are those I think will likely see their rating go up noticeably after we adapt to the recent changes.

Bold Characters are the ones I think are substantially underrated in this list.

I think Cage is among the very best characters. He completely eliminates match damage, has an awesome yellow power (a relatively rare color), and a spammable black. he pairs well with a wide variety of partners, puts out a ton of damage, reduces healthpack usage, and (perhaps most importantly) isn't very fun to fight, so he's good on defense. I would should be at least 4 or 5 slots higher.

Having said that, loki is even more underrated in this list. His green is absolutely game changing. It's the only skill in the game that can compete with hood for ap suppression. He is great in both pve and pvp. He isn't fun to fight against, he has a great purple power, and he is great strike/protect tile insurance to boot. Easily a top 10 character.

I also think its silly that lazy daken is above patch in this list. He doesn't have the damage output or the reliable regen of patch. he's a very useful character, and there were many months while he was vaulted that I really wish I had him for my early pvp climsbs. But he just doesn't put out the damage (or ap theft) necessary to play at the high end of pvp or against super-scaled pve opponents. he seems more like a top 15 or top 20 character than a top 10.

There are are also some characters that have immense value in certain situations (blade, lazy cap, and hulk come to mind). These characters are not all-around stars, but they can excel in certain fields to a great extent, or pair wonderfully with another character (ie hulkbombing). I don't know how to rank them in a single list like this.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrGame004 wrote:

****Updated*****

1) 4* Wolverine (X-Force)

2) 3* Thor

3) 4* Thor
    Recommended Build(s):

4) 4* Professor X
    Recommended Build(s):

5) 3* The Hood
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    3/5/5 (paired with countdown generators)

6) 4* Nick Fury
    Recommended Build(s):

7) 3* Daken
    Recommended Build(s): 5/x/x personal peference

8) 3* Iron Fist
    Recommended Build(s):

9) 3* Wolverine (Patch)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (for hulk bombing)
    or
    3/5/5 (if patch tanks colors)

10) 3* Blade
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (for pvp)
    or
    3/5/5 (for pve)

11) 3* Black Panther

12) 3* Magneto (classic)

13) 3* Luke Cage
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3 (Works good with The Hood, Captain America, and Kamala. Tanks yellow, and provides
    strong protect tile)
    or
    5/3/5 (Max damage)

14) 3* Captain America

15) 3* Loki
    Recommended Build(s):
    4/4/5 (balanced build)
    5/3/5

16) 3* Deadpool
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    or
    3/5/5

17) 3* Hulk

18) 3* Cyclops
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    5/4/4
    3/5/5

19) 4* Kingpin
    Recommended Build(s):

20) 3* Rocket and Groot
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    or
    3/5/5

21) 3* Kamala Khan
    Recommended Build(s):
    3/5/5

22) 3* Doctor Doom
    Recommended Build(s):

23) 3* Human Torch
    Recommended Build(s): 5/4/4 (Balanced build)

24) 4* Devil Dinosaur
    Recommended Build(s):

25) 3* Falcon

26) 4* Star-lord
    Recommended Build(s):

27) 3* Punisher
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    or
    3/5/5

28) 3* Captain Marvel
    Recommended Build(s):

29) 4* Electra
    Recommended Build(s):

30) 3* Black Widow (grey suit)

31) 3* Daredevil
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3 (works good with Patch or Daken)
    3/5/5 (worrks good with cycolps

32) 3* Mystique
    Recommended Build(s):

33) 3* Psylocke

34) 3* Colossus
    Recommended Build(s):

35) 2* Black Widow (original)

36) 3* Sentry
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    or
    5/5/3 (with the hood)

37) 3* Storm (Mohawk)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5 (extra punch)
    5/5/3 (good in pve)

38) 3* Gamora
    Recommended Build(s):

39) 3* Squirrel Girl
    Recommended Build(s):

40) 3* Spider-Man

Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/1 Best
    5/5/2 Balanced
    5/5/3 Worse

42) 2* Ares
    Recommended Build(s): 4/4/5

43) 2* Storm (classic)
    Recommended Build(s):
    3/5/5 (extra punch)
    or
    5/4/4 (balanced)

44) 3* She-Hulk

45) 2* Thor
    Recommended Build(s):
    4/5/4 (balanced build)
    3/5/5 (transition build)

46) 3* Ragnarok
    Recommended Build(s):

47) 2* Magneto (Marvel Now)

48) 2* Daken

49) 2* Wolverine (Astonishing)

50) 3* Doctor Octopus

51) 4* Invisible Woman

52) 3* Beast

53) 2* Captain Marvel
    Recommended Build(s):

54) 2* Hawkeye (modern)

55) 2* Human Torch
    Recommended Build(s):5/x/x personal preference

56) 1* Juggernaut

57) 2* Captain America

58) 2* Moonstone
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/5/3
    or
    5/3/5 (PVE and with Doom or Hood)

59) 2* Bullseye

60) 1* Storm (modern)
    Recommended Build(s):
    5/3/5
    or
    5/5/3

Recommended Build(s):
    2/5 (for faster steals)
    or
    5/5

62) 1* Iron Man (Model 35)

63) 1* Venom
    Recommended Build(s):
    4/5 (for faster stuns)
    or
    5/5

64) 1* Hawkeye (classic)

65) 2* Bag Man
    Recommended Build(s): Doesn't really matter but 4/4/5 is balanced

66) 1* Yelena Belova
    Recommended Build(s): Doesn't really matter 5/5

Oh god
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wanted to point out that there's a case for a 5/5/3 Mohawk build, particularly if you pair her with a strike tile generator. There's better internal synergy in terms of AP generation with 5 green and 5 yellow. If you MotE first, and remove the TU ap from the board, a subsequent Lightning Storm is more likely to generate meaningful matches and cascades. Hailstorm with 3 black will still output a good amount of damage when paired with strike tiles. Having said that, if you're focusing more on a damage build, then 5/3/5 is better.

With regards to Blade, I think what raisin is trying to say is that 5/5/3 is a useful build as well, and therefore less red dependent. Personally, I favour 3/5/5 myself too, the internal synergy of that build when the board favours it is pretty crazy.
  • morph3us wrote:
    Just wanted to point out that there's a case for a 5/5/3 Mohawk build, particularly if you pair her with a strike tile generator. There's better internal synergy in terms of AP generation with 5 green and 5 yellow. If you MotE first, and remove the TU ap from the board, a subsequent Lightning Storm is more likely to generate meaningful matches and cascades. Hailstorm with 3 black will still output a good amount of damage when paired with strike tiles. Having said that, if you're focusing more on a damage build, then 5/3/5 is better.

With regards to Blade, I think what raisin is trying to say is that 5/5/3 is a useful build as well, and therefore less red dependent. Personally, I favour 3/5/5 myself too, the internal synergy of that build when the board favours it is pretty crazy.
    3/5/5 is best but if they keep nerfing AP tricks, who knows - Blade may be on top soon
  • Arondite wrote:

Oh god

?
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    I also think its silly that lazy daken is above patch in this list. He doesn't have the damage output or the reliable regen of patch. he's a very useful character, and there were many months while he was vaulted that I really wish I had him for my early pvp climsbs. But he just doesn't put out the damage (or ap theft) necessary to play at the high end of pvp or against super-scaled pve opponents. he seems more like a top 15 or top 20 character than a top 10.

Patch has consistently been held back by X-Force since he was buffed. Further, less experienced players don't know how to deal with the blowback created by enemy strike tiles and just seem to throw down Berserker Rage willy nilly. I've watched random players on steam, and seen an idiot throw down a Berserker Rage 1 turn before a Tommy Gun went off. Daken is pretty foolproof, but I agree that he's become much weaker since the initial nerf. With his 2 passives, Daken fits in more teams, and won't screw up your team defensively.

Further, I think the idea of recommended builds is idealistic, but ultimately foolish as everyone's roster is different and everyone has a slightly different play style. Eg: I'd rather have a 5/5/3 for Blade against red users, but switch to 5/3/5 against goons and non-red 166 teams.

If you're running Cage with Iron Fist, a 3/5/5 is better, etc, etc..
  • Laken is just too solid IMO to be that low. He tanks great colors for protecting squishies, he works on pretty much any team, he climbs super well, he isn't a defensive liability, he doesn't need boost to be effective, he's good in all stages of a match.

Patch has been held back by XF and I've gone 'back' to Patch (355) since the great Nerf of 2015, and I'd wager that Laken is top 10, and that Patch should go up, more than Laken go down.

I'm real interestd in seeing where XF falls post nerf. He's still scary to fight against, and matching him with someone else with a real strong color besides black, still makes himk good on defense. I just don't liek fighting as him. I need to respec him though to 355, the new yellow is STUPID.
    - Unreall
  • Trying to decide who to level next: 2/5/5 Cmags or 5/5/3 Black Panther. Is having only 3 blacks with BP a deal breaker?
  • Trying to decide who to level next: 2/5/5 Cmags or 5/5/3 Black Panther. Is having only 3 blacks with BP a deal breaker?
    Black Panther is nice at 5 yellowflag.png and 3 blackflag.png , can hide behind Daken, hits pretty hard. That being said your Mag seems more dangerous at 5/5
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    MrGame004 wrote:
    Gsbw 535
    Cap 355
    Daken 544
    Daredevil 355
    Deadpool 553
    Magneto 355
    Spidey 355
    Hood 553
    Hulk 535
    Thor 355
    Patch 535
    Falcon 553
    Punisher 553
    Blade 355
    Storm 535
    Cap marvel 355
    Black panther 535
    Sentry 535

Punisher can be 355 as well and Daken can be 5xx depending on healing preference, but I agree with 544. I concur on the rest

Doom 535
    Torch 544 (5xx is acceptable depending on desire for Green v Black)
    Psylocke 535
    Loki 445
    Cyclops 535
    Rocket 535
    Gamora 535
    Cage 535
    Colossus 355
    Iron Fist 355
    Squirrel 355
    Rags 355
    Kamala 355
    Quick 535
    Mystique x5x (not sure how to split the 8 between Purple and Black)
    SheHulk 535 (not sure if this changes with the buff)
    Beast 553 (not sure if this changes with the buff)
    Doc Ock ???

My take on the rest of the 3stars.
    I actually have patch at 544 iv tried all builds and i think i will settle on that as i feel its his best build.the dmg on 4 reds is huge compared to 3 and its got me out of some pretty sticky situations.he still heals well too.