turul wrote:
    I think we should suspend this poll until the new changes hit in
    what changes????

Character updates & HP buffs
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27384

I've been waiting for them to post that all day, guess I missed it d'oh
  • turul wrote:
    I was just about to post this. In fact, you should probably close the survey, trash the results, and open a new one after the changes; maybe wait a week or so to give us a chance to properly evaluate the changes.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    turul wrote:
    I was just about to post this. In fact, you should probably close the survey, trash the results, and open a new one after the changes; maybe wait a week or so to give us a chance to properly evaluate the changes.

I'd still like to see the results. Been a while since we've had a poll.
  • Started to do it but this is too much work.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    Started to do it but this is too much work.

I wish others would realize this instead of criticizing people for trying to do something(that we're not even being paid to do, mind you)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    I voted, based on the game before the next set of updates.

Here's how I rank the 4*s after the updates.

1. Professor X
    2. Kingpin
    3. XFW
    4. Star-Lord
    5. Nick Fury
    6. Thor GT
    7. Invisible Woman
    8. Elektra
    9. Devil Dinosaur
  • I voted, based on the game before the next set of updates.

Here's how I rank the 4*s after the updates.

1. Professor X
    2. Kingpin
    3. XFW
    4. Star-Lord
    5. Nick Fury
    6. Thor GT
    7. Invisible Woman
    8. Elektra
    9. Devil Dinosaur

Can u explain Kingpin? I've seen someone say he's good(he's obviously not bad), but there is no discussion that I'm seeing on why he's good
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    I don't have any of his covers. It's just that all 3 of his powers look good. With the other 4*s, they usually have one great power and two middling ones.
  • I don't have any of his covers. It's just that all 3 of his powers look good. With the other 4*s, they usually have one great power and two middling ones.

Well, he's smartly designed but his purpleflag.png doesn't really do anything(If this was MTG, his purple would be awesome). There's also the fact that he doesn't pair well. I mean he pairs with Hood or Iron Fist but you could say that for anyone. I only really see him working as he should with a goon army supporting him(unless there's a villain consortium coming soon to team with him)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    You can use a fully covered Kingpin in the intro node for Prodigal Sun. In my opinion he is extremely strong. His purple feeds his yellow, and if he gets his yellow out there are suddenly 7 CD tiles on the board all of which are effective. In addition you can for 6 Black do 4K plus damage by destroying one CD tile. So if you are facing a Kingpin and can't stop his yellow, you are pretty much screwed. And he has tons of health. I'd say that if I saw him in PvP he'd pretty much be an auto-skip.
  • rixmith wrote:
    You can use a fully covered Kingpin in the intro node for Prodigal Sun. In my opinion he is extremely strong. His purple feeds his yellow, and if he gets his yellow out there are suddenly 7 CD tiles on the board all of which are effective. In addition you can for 6 Black do 4K plus damage by destroying one CD tile. So if you are facing a Kingpin and can't stop his yellow, you are pretty much screwed. And he has tons of health. I'd say that if I saw him in PvP he'd pretty much be an auto-skip.

hmm I suppose I neglected the fact that the top-level PVPers just got nerfed hard, but you think he warrants a skip? Interesting. Is his blackflag.png alot of dmg at 270?

EDIT: I just saw the updated OP -
    thedude wrote:
    Yes there are planned changes etc but over 100 people have participated so I will post the results tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've received some tinykitty comments so I'm not interested in giving up my time to do this again. You know who you are, maybe one of you should do it next time.

Just wanted a quick snapshot of everyone's thoughts until the official rankings come out. Not looking to replace mischiefmaker's work, or anyone else's. This will be a quick, no frills survey and results.

Let me know if I've missed any characters, otherwise I will post the results at the end of the week.

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=7ay2j5yme3oy7py518385

Why do people harass people who try to do something for the community? I've seen it in my thread and now you harass this guy, too? What the **** do you want? Are you going to pay Stephen Hawking or Justin Wong to do these tier lists?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish I could change my votes.
  • I'm puzzled by some of the results: why is Hulk so high up when he's pretty trash? Having got a fully covered Kamala Khan I see she should be placing very high, I guess a lot of people haven't properly played with her yet. I'd also point out that it's too early to be rating Kingpin as none of us have him fully covered. The old character ranking polls didn't include very new characters and I think that's the best way to go. After the mega nerf it'll be interesting to have a new poll.
  • I'm puzzled by some of the results: why is Hulk so high up when he's pretty trash? Having got a fully covered Kamala Khan I see she should be placing very high, I guess a lot of people haven't properly played with her yet. I'd also point out that it's too early to be rating Kingpin as none of us have him fully covered. The old character ranking polls didn't include very new characters and I think that's the best way to go. After the mega nerf it'll be interesting to have a new poll.

One man's trash is another man's PVE-overscaled treasure as well as scaring off the unprepared.

People are sleeping on Kamala.

Why is it too early to rate Kingpin? The people want to know so we must do our best to guide them. PS: He's not doing this anymore so your suggestions are moot.

---

As for the results Iron Fist should be higher. Well, he will be higher come 4/17. People definitely realize Professor X's potential. Rocket and Groot are too low - As much as people are complaining about health pack usage, all true healers(plus luke cage) should be at the top of this poll. Star-lord and Elektra are too high. Just cuz they're 4* don't make the legit. Sentry should be lower he has no use. Jugg should be higher, Deadpool daily + balance of power/Combined Arms, 2*Steve should be higher, he's a staple of beating goons for young players
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    thedude wrote:
    So the great nerf will probably render these immediately obsolete, but 116 people voted so this is for them - apart from the 2 who were obviously trying to distort the results. I have left their figures in, if anyone wants the excel data pm with details of how to post it.

1 4* Wolverine (X-Force)
    2 4* Thor
    3 3* Thor
    4 3* The Hood
    5 4* Nick Fury
    6 4* Professor X
    7 3* Daken
    8 3* Wolverine (Patch)
    9 3* Blade
    10 3* Black Panther
    11 3* Magneto (classic)
    12 3* Iron Fist
    13 3* Captain America
    14 3* Loki
    15 3* Luke Cage
    16 3* Deadpool
    17 3* Hulk
    18 4* Kingpin
    19 3* Cyclops
    20 3* Rocket and Groot
    21 3* Doctor Doom
    22 3* Kamala Khan
    23 4* Devil Dinosaur
    24 3* Human Torch
    25 3* Falcon
    26 3* Captain Marvel
    27 3* Punisher
    28 3* Black Widow (grey suit)
    29 3* Daredevil
    30 4* Star-lord
    31 3* Mystique
    32 4* Electra
    33 3* Psylocke
    34 3* Colossus
    35 2* Black Widow (original)
    36 3* Sentry
    37 3* Storm (Mohawk)
    38 3* Gamora
    39 3* Spider-Man
    40 3* Squirrel Girl
    41 3* Iron Man (Model 40)
    42 2* Ares
    43 2* Storm (classic)
    44 3* She-Hulk
    45 2* Thor
    46 3* Ragnarok
    47 2* Magneto (Marvel Now)
    48 2* Daken
    49 2* Wolverine (Astonishing)
    50 3* Doctor Octopus
    51 4* Invisible Woman
    52 3* Beast
    53 2* Hawkeye (modern)
    54 2* Captain Marvel
    55 2* Human Torch
    56 1* Juggernaut
    57 2* Captain America
    58 2* Moonstone
    59 2* Bullseye
    60 1* Storm (modern)
    61 1* Black Widow (Modern)
    62 1* Iron Man (Model 35)
    63 1* Venom
    64 1* Hawkeye (classic)
    65 2* Bag Man
    66 1* Yelena Belova

Looks like most of the voters had a pretty good idea of what was going on - a few notes though.

Blade is way too high
    cMags is a bit too low
    Iron Fist is WAY too low
    Deadpool is a bit too low

Overall, good ranking.
  • sorry you got hassled my efforts to speak with the community failed but at least u tried
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for this man
  • Thank you theDude, people like me who play this game casually for a few laughs at work use list like these, for help in deciding which characters to drop and keep when hero points get light. Can anybody who is a 4* player give us a run down on cover distribution and reasons why character ranking changed. Just thinking it would stay in line with mischef's thread, and color distribution definately helps. Come on veterans who always complain we never take their opinions into consideration. Please for god's sake help!
  • iwolfiii wrote:
    Thank you theDude, people like me who play this game casually for a few laughs at work use list like these, for help in deciding which characters to drop and keep when hero points get light. Can anybody who is a 4* player give us a run down on cover distribution and reasons why character ranking changed. Just thinking it would stay in line with mischef's thread, and color distribution definately helps. Come on veterans who always complain we never take their opinions into consideration. Please for god's sake help!

go here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27384