A new 4* this soon is a terrible idea

124»

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    taloncarde wrote:
    I am speaking as someone who plays and enjoys this game and has no problem with these changes and have been playing for over 500 days. So i'm simply offering a different viewpoint than the "well established" vets. Sometimes it feels like a lot of people who say the same things while others who disagree get shouted down or downvoted for being "a troll" so I am stating my satisfaction with the game. Not everyone plays the same way, and the vocal minority doesn't rule the game. I don't have access to the stats behind the scenes, but I know out of my friends and alliance who plays, I'm the only one who reads the forum and the only one who posts. (And only recently because of how toxic an environment it is)

So my group of 20, at least 5 of which have played since the beginning are happy. We may not cover every character the day it launches, but we do spend money on the game. So we have fun and enjoy the game and I want to speak up for those who feel the same way.

I think a lot of forumites forget, or never realized, that we are a very small % of the player base. The forumites come to all kinds of conclusions that are based on what they know, but don't include many unknown factors. The devs have access to all sorts of info and stats that we don't. They are doing what they feel is best for the company and the game and players in general. I play daily, but casually and I'm not really put out on the schedule. I've spent quite a bit on this game, and so far, I haven't been disappointed with my purchases.

Yeah, it would be nice if they had stuck to their word by releasing Kingpin next event. Or at least, giving us an explanation why they are changing procedures. But it won't really change how or why I play the game. They've made a lot of great changes to the game over the last year. Even the change to true healing was a good thing for the overall game. I know I'm in the minority, but I trust the devs know where they are going with this.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    taloncarde wrote:
    I am speaking as someone who plays and enjoys this game and has no problem with these changes and have been playing for over 500 days. So i'm simply offering a different viewpoint than the "well established" vets. Sometimes it feels like a lot of people who say the same things while others who disagree get shouted down or downvoted for being "a troll" so I am stating my satisfaction with the game. Not everyone plays the same way, and the vocal minority doesn't rule the game. I don't have access to the stats behind the scenes, but I know out of my friends and alliance who plays, I'm the only one who reads the forum and the only one who posts. (And only recently because of how toxic an environment it is)

So my group of 20, at least 5 of which have played since the beginning are happy. We may not cover every charachter the day it launches, but we do spend money on the game. So we have fun and enjoy the game and I want to speak up for those who feel the same way.

And that's perfectly fine. Everyone should play the way they want, and most importantly have fun doing it. The thing that scares me is the number of players NOT having fun anymore. The morale in my alliance is very low right now. Players are leaving, people don't even want to start this new PvE after coming off the huge grind of ISO 8...that's not the kind of attitude the developers should be sponsoring, but largely that's where we're at right now. We know how all (ok to be fair, most) of the forums users, most of whom have been playing for a good chunk of time, are feeling because we're all pretty vocal. But what about the people that don't post, or don't even know about this place? How many of them start the game thinking "Cool, a marvel match-3!", play for a few months, realize the insane time sink needed to really get anywhere and go "LoLz, nope!" How much of that can the game stand in the long term? A large portion of those newish players won't spend much before coming to that conclusion, and over time their bottom line dwindles. Then you've got guys like Colog, who has maxed out every character to my knowledge since they started releasing them (and has been a wonderful research tool for me, thanks for that! haha) losing interest. Sure, he's in no way the only person dropping bank in the game, but you can't tell me losing a player like him is good for them. They had to know this kind of release schedule would not be well received. But they did it anyway, even with players already frothing at the mouth over the recent nerfs and the mixed (but mostly negative) response to the 3* buff test. That kind of attitude towards your player base makes me concerned for the future of the game...
  • Sometimes they take the time to explain why they change things and while there will always still be disagreement, hearing some of the thought process makes it easier to swallow questionable updates. And then sometimes I can't blame them for giving us the silent treatment based on how the forum as a whole reacts to most things.

I too hope they know what they are doing, if we are honest the one thing all of us can agree on is that we don't want them to drive themselves into bankruptcy and shut MPQ down forever. 4* releases have become breaks for me. I can play for progression and be done so this doesn't personally affect me at all, but I also advertise myself as retired-ish, so my opinion doesn't carry that much weight in the grand scheme of things. But their internal revenue numbers will tell them if this was a good idea or not, no matter what the forum may have to say on the topic.
  • I'm still totally burnt out from the last event for Kamala. But i'm happy I can play for the progression to get Kamala again as I find her to be a good character worth being in my roster. I just hope that we get somewhat of a break for the next PVE by making it an old character that a lot of newbies and transitioning players have missed out on, not sure if this will be Ok for the veterans of this game. It would be nice if D3 made an event where newbies and transitioning players can get a shot at more of the older heros. Seeing some older characters in PVP is challenging and sometimes unreachable to those of us with a limited roster or just started playing. Less old characters in PVP and more older 3* characters in PVE would be nice. I know a lot of my friends started the same time I did and we'd like a shot at Black Panther, Psylocke, Doctor Octopus, Falcon, etc...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am starting to think that devs are suicidal and they just want to kill their game and start a new one or something like that. They keep doing the same mistakes (and for our own sanity I am going to call them unintended mistakes) over and over again.

First they OVER nerf a 4* and now they present two new characters (one a 4*) in consecutive weeks, when they told us they were not going to do it never again. I am speechless, I don't really know what else to say. And the worst of all is that they don't acknowledge any of this, I am still waiting them to acknowledge that they made a mistake with 4hor...

They only think I will say is that I am playing just for the Kamala progression reward and that I am not going to spend a cent in this game ever again.