A new 4* this soon is a terrible idea

So the preview for Thick as Thieves is up, and I'm mad. I got done with a punishing PVE this morning and you're already running another 4*? That only gives out prizes to top 50 again?

This isn't fun. This doesn't lead to excitement. It leads to people trying to game the system. You're going to have half the forums waiting for the last 24 hours and cramming into the same bracket.

I used to look forward to new PVEs. Now I"m starting to dread them.

This is very, very player-unfriendly.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    ISO-8 introducing K-amala Khan right into Thick as Thieves introducing K-ingpin.

T50 as rewards - D3, aren't you listening to your playerbase?
    IMMEDIATE back-to-back characters - D3, aren't you listening to your playerbase?

Please, please tell me this is an April Fools Day joke, in bad taste.

If Kamala Khan is the "featured character" to get a 4*, I can't wait to see the money-grab meme. This may be one of the worst money grabs I've seen in the game.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    I think the forgot the massive negative feedback of back to back new character releases. If they aren't changing the cost/distribution of 4*s they should restrain themselves and only release one once every 3 seasons. Release one, give out all covers via season, repeat. Personally I'd like to see 1 new 3* char per season, one every 2 weeks is too much. Can do new char, old char, last seasons new char, old char rotation.
  • SnowcaTT
    edited April 2015
    Agree, this is terrible: I came in to also rail against this idea as soon as I saw it (mods, please merge the two). Players have said they don't want to see characters so quickly, nor do they want to see T50 4* releases. What do we get? both combined. SMH. icon_cry.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Pretty stunning, actually. I thought they might listen to us this time.

Silly me.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no interest in another 4 start I will never cover, I've got several of those already. Playing till Kamala progression
  • pumpkin81
    pumpkin81 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Really really hoping this is a bad April fools joke
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    I think the forgot the massive negative feedback of back to back new character releases. If they aren't changing the cost/distribution of 4*s they should restrain themselves and only release one once every 3 seasons. Release one, give out all covers via season, repeat. Personally I'd like to see 1 new 3* char per season, one every 2 weeks is too much. Can do new char, old char, last seasons new char, old char rotation.

Well done in Iso 8 Brotherhood! I fully agree with you posted. I would like a chance to actually cover max some of my new chars, and play some of the new chars before I go back to full time grinding for the next new char. This is starting to get a bit tedious.
  • Don't forget, its Thick As Thieves as well. The boosted roster isn't stellar either.
  • Don't worry, we have a "make-a-meme" thread to distract us from the buttholery that this is. Yay!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I was hallucinating when I checked the awards for TaT. Nope.

Same ****, different day. What the **** are they thinking, seriously.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    By the way, if the reason for this was something like lining it up with the new DD Series, you needed to delay Kamalla Khan to avoid the back-to-back releases, or release her in place of Xavier. That's not a valid excuse.
  • dkffiv
    Hey look, daredevil is the consolation prize again. You could make 50-100 get a professor x or kamala cover and it wouldn't feel like a **** punch
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I am excited at the prospect of fighting kingpin + hood + muscle. If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of a thousand tablets breaking.
  • SnowcaTT
    dearbluey wrote:
    Don't worry, we have a "make-a-meme" thread to distract us from the buttholery that this is. Yay!

Their social media stuff has been horribly timed.

"Show us a video you uploaded....of your newly nerfed characters!"
    "Show us a meme you made....about how we introduce new characters to quickly and to very few people!"
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    By the way, if the reason for this was something like lining it up with the new DD Series, you needed to delay Kamalla Khan to avoid the back-to-back releases, or release her in place of Xavier. That's not a valid excuse.
    But Women of Marvel Month...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So when you promised only one new release every 2 weeks (which is still too much), was that just b.s.?
  • dkffiv
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Don't worry, we have a "make-a-meme" thread to distract us from the buttholery that this is. Yay!

Their social media stuff has been horribly timed.

"Show us a video you uploaded....of your newly nerf characters!"
    "Show us a meme you made....about how we introduce new characters to quickly and to very few people!"
    They subscribe to the notion that there's no such thing as bad publicity
  • MyFeetStink
    MyFeetStink Posts: 55 Match Maker
    As a player that is just now starting to fill up covers on 3*s, I really don't care about a new 4* at all. If I get it, its just a unused roster slot where I know I won't get new covers for it for ages. Will go along with my single cover Electra, 2 cover X-Force and 4Thor, etc. There is no way I would take place in the grind that this will be.

Instead, this is an excuse to take it easy, play for a progression and hope for a 4* DD as that will max him out for me. Far more useful, and a lot less work.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    So how long until they start rotating 4* characters?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Have a happy Easter weekend everyone!!!