change in boosts cost

Options

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Kiamodo wrote:
    Looks like everything we feared has come true. Looks like all we have have to do is imagine the worst and like stay puff it will come to life.

Oh my god this is glorious
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Hm, what to say. I have a side that thinks it's some good -- the AP stockpile was was not cool and provided for bad tricks mostly, and had far-reaching consequences. However that could be fixable by any of the suggested changes like delayed delivery.

Less stockpiles will mean more risk on battles, more wipeouts even for good teams, and hopefully bring back some of the scare factor. I was all the way for reducing the attacker advantages to have the defense some fighting chance.

With all that said, the move still triggers 'what sore losers this bunch' -- that could have been easily prevented announcing the change as coming, or at least announcing that it happened. Sneaking in such hikes is the worst approach and worth maximum PR penalty in my book. It took the last ounce of my confidence on the game developers and put me on the leaving track probably.

Also HP for boosts (along with mandatory shield usage) pushes the game way to far on the pay2win scale and for no good reason. IMO it could be balanced better for more occasional payups so providing broader and more consistent income. It's a fragile ecosystem. Like in the tale of the sock and the hole -- the latter growing too big makes it disappear in the end.
    if that was thier intention then they should have removed them altogether. d3 seems to have this problem of fixing the "hotbutton" issues without looking at the far reaching consequenses. good luck trying to outpace the cascade prone ai in pvp or the +5 ap to all colours, every turn of pve. They should have never been in pvp and as they were for pve.
    Badman82 wrote:
    I'm really not sure what everyone is complaining about, people begged for this to happen. I read thread after thread of people asking the devs to remove the +3 boosts, which now they essentially have. This proves the devs listen lol. From this point forward, if you think there is an exploit or an advantage in the game, don't run and post it on the forums. SMH
    you got some links to go with that Zelda?
  • The nastier thing is I had a stockpile of stockpiles recently. I normally use only a few in special cases and rarely buy them.

But this broken PvE made me burn through -- what was not mandatory, could deal with mobs at more risk or spend some time on "deleveling", but I rather went in head-on with some help. If properly announced it would not have happened.

Also it's quite a coincidence to issue a boost-burning broken event then a few days in -- guess looking at the depletion curves -- go ahead with the hike.

ARGO....
  • Nemek wrote:
    it should also make other teams less likely to attack teams much higher level than they are.

I know I'll think twice before swinging for the fences again. This plus the Thorverine "funbalance" has slowed my PvP game way down.
  • They just posted patch notes and guess what wasn't in there?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2675

R47 Patch Release 1-28
    Postby D3PCS » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Hey All,

Not too many changes from the announcement that went out yesterday, besides a line being added to reflect the Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)/Thor character changes announced as well. Here, again, are a few of the items that will be of interest to the community:

UI

• Rewards cache button in Roster Management has been improved.
    • PvP skip button has been updated to be more visible.
    • Visual representation of Chapter Select icons have been improved.

Gameplay

• Players now have the ability to view other players’ rosters anywhere their name appears.
    • Stats for Thor and Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) have been updated. Refer to the following post for more details: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2636
    • For a limited time, added the ability to sell Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) and Thor at an increased buy-back price. This feature will accompany the release of similar character changes in the future.

Misc

• Changed “Connect to Facebook” text to read “Save a backup to Facebook”.
    • Changed “Connected to Facebook” text to read “Save data backed up”.

I guess this is considered not too important?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Okay, so the boosts killed my ability to do the PVE and the insanely broken MMR issue had already precluded me from PVP. Guess Ill go back to Bejeweled.....they are effectively the same now.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Extremely disappointed with these changes. Well I guess I'm just going to have to either quit playing or just sit back and enjoy getting screwed over a bad board setup with no way to fight out of it because I can't afford boosts. Might as well change the name of the game to Marvel Snail Quest because that's how slow the game has just become.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are we really not gonna get a Dev comment on this thread?! We know why you did it. You want more money. Why not mention this before hand?
  • I feel the worst for thereck. He's only going to be able to beat people in 60-90 seconds now.

icon_cry.gif
  • I don't think this change is so terrible, but doing it with no warning and in the middle of like 5 events is pretty bad. One of the events you already have to pay HP for. Although I imagine that is why they did it, so people have to spend more HP for a chance to win.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    And they updated the Wolvie/Thor so much for placing well in the rest of this PVE event icon_e_sad.gif 230's with the nerf's+ninja costs on the boosts are going to wreck my ability to finish this icon_e_sad.gif
    And of course this all happened just as i needed to refill each of my boosts :-/
    All the level 230s have gone back to something normal for me, but the change in boost costs not being mentioned in the patch notes is just plain sneaky.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I feel the worst for thereck. He's only going to be able to beat people in 60-90 seconds now.

icon_cry.gif

LOL the best post yet....
  • Why is everyone complaining? With the top prize in elite avengers you can buy 300 +3 boosts. I would argue that it's still Overpriced icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just traded Thor for 18 Hood levels. See you on the battlefield my boost less friends.
  • SamBC wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    And they updated the Wolvie/Thor so much for placing well in the rest of this PVE event icon_e_sad.gif 230's with the nerf's+ninja costs on the boosts are going to wreck my ability to finish this icon_e_sad.gif
    And of course this all happened just as i needed to refill each of my boosts :-/
    All the level 230s have gone back to something normal for me, but the change in boost costs not being mentioned in the patch notes is just plain sneaky.

you're lucky as hell then because all my opponents are still 230's and i am/was well on my way to a first place finish in my sub bracket icon_e_sad.gif
  • Why is everyone complaining? With the top prize in elite avengers you can buy 300 +3 boosts. I would argue that it's still Overpriced icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just traded Thor for 18 Hood levels. See you on the battlefield my boost less friends.
    Hm. From that point I see that Hood indeed becomes quite formidable foe. What a stealthy buff!
  • It is hard now to mid level players - majority of players - to fight against max 3* teams without boosts, So now it would be even harded
  • Every change seems to make my opinion of the game degrade a little bit more with every change.. It feels like I am slowly being nibbled away at and I am spending more and more of my time playing other games now. What is next ads that you need to pay to get rid of?
  • What is next ads that you need to pay to get rid of?
    Shhh, they'll hear you.
  • If they're going to claim that this was to restore a design intention (that boosts aren't supposed to be used routinely, perhaps?) then they certainly let it slide for a long time. Changing from ISO-8 to Hero Points isn't just a change of degree, it's completely different. ISO-8 is plentiful enough by grinding in one place or another. Hero Points are scarce.
  • This straw seems to have funbalanced MPQ right off my phone!