Character Rotations For Season XIII

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    dathremar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm more upset they are rotating IM40 back in without rebalancing him. He's in dire need
    Maybe he's coming back in with Buffs? Highly unlikely but we can dream right?

It is actually possible. Loki and Doom's buffs were only announced as they actually re-entered the pool.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Blue Panther anyone?

Calling him "Black" Panther should be illegal for trade description purposes.

I think most of my alliance (who have virtually all characters ideally specced) only have 2-3 black covers.

I recently sold my spare BP who was unsurprisingly at 5/5/0.

Nice to see Mohawk finally go to the bin (lets hope she finds some health potions in there!)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish it were possible to trade like-for-like covers (3* for 3*, 1* for 1*, that sort of thing).

I just pulled a Black Panther black cover, but it's the only one I've got and he's getting vaulted, so I really don't see the point of rostering him.

If I could trade him for a yellow or green Groot, though...

/sighs wistfully
  • DFiPL wrote:
    I wish it were possible to trade like-for-like covers (3* for 3*, 1* for 1*, that sort of thing).

I just pulled a Black Panther black cover, but it's the only one I've got and he's getting vaulted, so I really don't see the point of rostering him.

/sighs wistfully

I would lock him down right now for 2 reasons: When you eventually do have 4 black covers you will wish you had kept it and the next time you see Black Panther in DDQ it will be his black cover, so you will have 2/5 on one of the best powers in 3* land. He's worth the roster spot.
  • DFiPL
    Lerysh wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

/sighs wistfully

I would lock him down right now for 2 reasons: When you eventually do have 4 black covers you will wish you had kept it and the next time you see Black Panther in DDQ it will be his black cover, so you will have 2/5 on one of the best powers in 3* land. He's worth the roster spot.

I guess. That power messed me up three times chasing the Magneto cover the other day. Hopefully I can get 40 more hero points somehow before the cover expires.
  • 160+ days in MPQ and not a single BP cover has ever been seen...
  • I understand that characters would need to be taken out if they are being revamped ( please fix Irrelevant Woman already ! I'm nearing 365 days, got my 1st IW cover about 350 days ago, nearly fully covered now, STILL useless . 4* ?? really?? )

And I understand why certain characters would be used for PVP in some seasons and not in others, to mix things up a bit.

What I don't understand is why characters should ever be vaulted, so that completing a cover set for a character is
    impossible, even shelling out $. This makes no sense to me. Does it add some great gameplay dynamic that I just don't get?

Willing to be educated on this..
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

/sighs wistfully

I guess. That power messed me up three times chasing the Magneto cover the other day. Hopefully I can get 40 more hero points somehow before the cover expires.

Reaching 1k in the Simulator & 400 in a PvP should do it.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    lorenzo04 wrote:
    I understand that characters would need to be taken out if they are being revamped ( please fix Irrelevant Woman already ! I'm nearing 365 days, got my 1st IW cover about 350 days ago, nearly fully covered now, STILL useless . 4* ?? really?? )

And I understand why certain characters would be used for PVP in some seasons and not in others, to mix things up a bit.

What I don't understand is why characters should ever be vaulted, so that completing a cover set for a character is
    impossible, even shelling out $. This makes no sense to me. Does it add some great gameplay dynamic that I just don't get?

Willing to be educated on this..

I think the idea is that they don't want the percentage chance for winning a cover for any given 3* to become too small, as the game is dependent on players winning multiple covers for the same character. Therefore they vault, dropping the percentage for some 3* to zero and redistributing the percentage among the rest.

At best, this is a stopgap.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Me I started a hundred days ago(literally) and not complaining about BP(never liked him) but I am complaining about benching Colossus and Psylocke again. That's messed up. But I'm not too messed up about it. But my fav character Sentry being benched is crazy! I don't see why he is benched, most people don't even use him after his Nerf!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, my most covered 3-star characters have been vaulted in each of Seasons IX (GSBW), XI (Hulk), XII (Deadpool) & now XIII (Blade). With my relatively casual approach to the game and with the DDQ's helping keep up my progress, this doesn't particularly bother me...it's just kind of funny.

As a public service, I wanted to point out that my most covered non-Blade 3-star is Mystique, with Squirrel Girl and The Hood each lagging a single cover behind. Expect one of them to rotated out for Season XIV, unless I get an unexpected windfall of covers for someone else icon_e_smile.gif
  • Cause I never draw 3 star.png covers from tokens anyway, I am not really phased by the vaulting mechanism in the game.... .... .... icon_cry.gif
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This vaulting of Black Panther and Psylocke is getting OLD already...way past frustrated.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roswulf wrote:
    I think the idea is that they don't want the percentage chance for winning a cover for any given 3* to become too small, as the game is dependent on players winning multiple covers for the same character. Therefore they vault, dropping the percentage for some 3* to zero and redistributing the percentage among the rest.

At best, this is a stopgap.
    One would think they'll eventually hit a point with new character releases that will become too intimidating to new players. I.e. "There are how many 3* characters? And roster slot costs keep increasing? And I have to compete directly against vets who have all those 3* characters already? And sometimes you can't even get a character at all for a month or more? Heck with this, I'll go play some newer game where I'm not so far behind before I even start."

I don't know how you'd measure that. I know I'd be wary of recommending this game to a newcomer for this very reason.
  • DFiPL
    jffdougan wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

/sighs wistfully

Reaching 1k in the Simulator & 400 in a PvP should do it.

I used to be able to reach 400 in PVPs without too much trouble (but couldn't get much past that before I ran into teams my roster couldn't handle).

Then I started getting lucky to be able to reach 300. With the recent tweaks, I've been able to get to 330-350, but then I start running into teams with 3x166, 3x270, or some mixture of the two.

It's been a while since I've been able to get to 400 in a PVP. Looking at the simulator, I'm in the same boat there. Lots of beefy teams that I might be able to beat one of, but I'm 160 points shy of 1k there, and I don't think there are enough winnable fights for me to get there.

I still have 7 days. Maybe I'll get lucky in the random daily rewards.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    As a new player (just about to hit day 60) all I can say is these changes moved pvp events from really tough to impossible - on events where rewards weren't attractive to top players I could fight to around top 100 with effort and maybe get to 400 points - now barely made 250 since change and ranking 350 or lower - going up against lvl 250 + teams with a buffed Ares at level 122 is

If you stick with this change you need to do something about stratifying pvp groups - maybe have a pvp where only 2* can be used with some 3* rewards for winning and a 3* pvp for established players with bigger rewards, bit like DPD - as is I can't see how I can ever catch up starting this late so may just go find something else to do which would be a shame as I like the game
  • DFiPL
    Looks like I'll get the Hero Points I need in the ISO8 PVE, so Panther will join the roster after all.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Will Kingpin be added to Season XIII's rotation, or will he sporadically show up as star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rewards until Season XIV?
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Will Kingpin be added to Season XIII's rotation, or will he sporadically show up as star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rewards until Season XIV?

The latter. Kingpin will be added to the rotation at the start of Season XIV.
  • ninja-monkey-91
    ninja-monkey-91 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Dang R&G rotated out icon_neutral.gif that's the most covered 3* I have, thought it would be my first to fully cover.

How long roughly does it take for a character to come back into rotation?