Character Rotations For Season XIII

Options

Comments

• mjh wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    Day 365 and I'm still looking for my fifth Black panther black cover!
    Day 370-something here and i'm still waiting on my 3rd icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png. That's right, he's only 5/5/2....TWO!
    i'm pretty pissed
    Try 5/5/0 icon_redface.gif
    I even have x-force at 4/5/2 icon_e_wink.gif
    Seems bpanther blackflag.png is rare as hens teeth!
    Good luck to us all!

If it gives you any hope I started this round of DPD with 0 BP and pulled a black one from a taco allowing me to get the daily one and then got another one from a taco yesterday giving me a total of 1 blue and 2 blacks gained in just a few days! Never give up...never surrenderrrrrr!! icon_lol.gif
  • I will say that I am puzzled about Patch going away again, but not ultimately a big deal. Also I feel there should be fewer complaints about rotations... considering we get free covers from DDQ, I mean sure its not the Black, but I have gotten 3 BP covers in a few weeks. I think that is pretty Tiny Kitty Sweet!
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Kinda sad that Patch is rotating out again, really could do with more patch covers (1/3/3) right now and it's looking like I probably won't get a chance to cover him for another few seasons.

The other rotations don't impact me too much (my Blade is 5/2/5, so even assuming pink progression next PvE and the upcoming DDQ, I'll still only be able to respec to 4/4/5, I have a 3/4/5 R&G ready to become 3/5/5 with the DDQ, who cares about Mohawk really and I have a 5/5/3 Hood) but even then I don't think there's been that much opportunity to obtain Blade or R&G covers recently. I guess they were probably some of the older "new" characters now who haven't been vaulted yet.

Gonna echo the lack of BP from above, my sad 3/2/0 BP is waiting for a single black cover. He didn't even have a recent PvP if I recall before he was rotated out, so I mean I'll eventually get my first black from DDQ, but by then hopefully he'll have been rotated back in.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    VERIKHAN wrote:
    I will say that I am puzzled about Patch going away again, but not ultimately a big deal. Also I feel there should be fewer complaints about rotations... considering we get free covers from DDQ, I mean sure its not the Black, but I have gotten 3 BP covers in a few weeks. I think that is pretty Tiny Kitty Sweet!

Agreed. It doesn't matter who gets rotated out or when or why, people complain about it becuase thier toon isn't complete.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    Kinda sad that Patch is rotating out again, really could do with more patch covers (1/3/3) right now and it's looking like I probably won't get a chance to cover him for another few seasons.

The other rotations don't impact me too much (my Blade is 5/2/5, so even assuming pink progression next PvE and the upcoming DDQ, I'll still only be able to respec to 4/4/5, I have a 3/4/5 R&G ready to become 3/5/5 with the DDQ, who cares about Mohawk really and I have a 5/5/3 Hood) but even then I don't think there's been that much opportunity to obtain Blade or R&G covers recently. I guess they were probably some of the older "new" characters now who haven't been vaulted yet.

Gonna echo the lack of BP from above, my sad 3/2/0 BP is waiting for a single black cover. He didn't even have a recent PvP if I recall before he was rotated out, so I mean I'll eventually get my first black from DDQ, but by then hopefully he'll have been rotated back in.

If it makes you feel any better my BP was 0/5/0 for about 6 months. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought for sure we would have had another black panther PVP by now. Can the community just vote for the PVP rotation? I don't mind battling for my covers!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is really early to let us know - thanks!

The choices for characters is definitely a bit odd, though. BP has been out a while, and hasn't had a PVP since before the rotations. Some characters are coming back really quickly, while others have been out for some time. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference, but like many others I kind of would like those two black BP covers at some point in the future...
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C'mon man, where's panther at? Jesus.

Glad Cap and Hulk are back though, I need to finish mine.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    Day 365 and I'm still looking for my fifth Black panther black cover!
    Day 370-something here and i'm still waiting on my 3rd icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png. That's right, he's only 5/5/2....TWO!
    i'm pretty pissed
    My day 461 5/3/1 BP agrees
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rednailz wrote:
    VERIKHAN wrote:
    I will say that I am puzzled about Patch going away again, but not ultimately a big deal. Also I feel there should be fewer complaints about rotations... considering we get free covers from DDQ, I mean sure its not the Black, but I have gotten 3 BP covers in a few weeks. I think that is pretty Tiny Kitty Sweet!

Agreed. It doesn't matter who gets rotated out or when or why, people complain about it becuase thier toon isn't complete.

Don't think it's really complaining as much as thinking: 'drat, now that character will take even longer to get full covers for'.

Rotation is a necessary 'evil', and chars that rotate out will be rotating back in in a few months anyway.

My big dilemma is, assuming that I manage to get season top 50, which is certainly not a given in my bracket, if I should use the 10-pack before the rotation in the hope of getting a Grocket, or if I should save it until after in the hope of getting a Prof X. Choices, choices.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The era of Grocket & Storm is coming to an end! icon_cool.gif
    Looking forward to PvE without Grocket buff and prizes without Storm green covers - they aren't awful characters per say, but clearly bottom rung & seriously deficient without heavy investment (Grocket having no offense and Storm no health).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just glad the next 4* debut won't have Storm and Daredevil buffed again.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we please get some reasoning on your selection process? With some characters being benched twice now, some never have been benched and some abandoned in the bench forever, we see no rhyme or reason for these decisions. Are they "rng picked" as well? Dartboard picked?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    The era of Grocket & Storm is coming to an end! icon_cool.gif
    Looking forward to PvE without Grocket buff and prizes without Storm green covers - they aren't awful characters per say, but clearly bottom rung & seriously deficient without heavy investment (Grocket having no offense and Storm no health).

Grocket has plenty of offense. It's slow offense, which means he isn't a top tier character, but it is there. blue puts out about as much in strike tiles as patch's green, but with no enemy tiles. And his green is probably the most special-tile-friendly board shaker in the game.

But back on topic, the vaulting choices continue to be completely baffling.

Patch is hard to complain about too much since it seems like a lot of his covers have been given out recently, but why has he been vaulted twice while other characters haven't been vaulted at all.

Lazy Cap is a great character, but why was he only vaulted for one (two?) seasons, when black panther and psylocke have been vaulted since the anniversary event?

Vaulting is a huge pain in the **** to transition players, even with the daily quest (arguably more so, since it can be very frustrating to miss out on a daily quest when you haven't been able to get a player because s/he has been vaulted since you began playing as many as SIX months ago. . .). If you (demiurge) want to use vaulting as your token-odds-preservation mechanic (rather than any of the myriad alternatives that have been suggested here on the forums and would, IMO, be must more player-friendly), then could you please be a little bit more transparent (and systematic) about your vaulting strategy? How about explaining your reasoning for vaulting selections? Or if you make randomized choices, how about telling us as much, and maybe even explaining how you weight your selection probabilities?

Having said all that, thank you to the devs for posting this information early, that makes it easy for players to decide whether or not to stockpile heroic tokens until next season.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    rednailz wrote:
    VERIKHAN wrote:

The whole rotation idea is a joke.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    rawl316 wrote:
    rednailz wrote:
    VERIKHAN wrote:

The whole rotation idea is a joke.

First I'm hearing about it myself and, yeah, seems like a scam. And it's not properly communicated in - game.
  • The dream is real!! LStorm is finally rotating out!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm more upset they are rotating IM40 back in without rebalancing him. He's in dire need
  • Happy cap and hulk are coming back. They were my highest chaaracters when they left. No longer though. I only need one more yellow grocket and i'll have him. icon_e_sad.gif least daredevil and doom are still in rotation. Also sad blade will be leaving since I still don't have a single purple but it's just the way these things work. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm more upset they are rotating IM40 back in without rebalancing him. He's in dire need
    Maybe he's coming back in with Buffs? Highly unlikely but we can dream right?