Stop using the RNG to determine cover order

Comments

• And here we go. MQ is now reward on two events, pve and pvp, and on both her black is T100/150 reward.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    WHO MADE BULLSEYE THE PROGRESSION REWARD???????

lol. Someone needs a time out, in a corner.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    And here we go. MQ is now reward on two events, pve and pvp, and on both her black is T100/150 reward.

I'm pretty sure this means purple still hasn't ever been a PVE progression or T100 PVP reward.

I needed one black Mystique, and was wondering if I should push PVE beyond the progression for it or just wait for 3rd cover from DDQ rounds. Then I looked at PVP rewards this morning - I guess I can stop PVE, horray!
  • Quicksilver: black has now been top prize for both PVP and PVE, and wasn't a progression prize for either the PVE or the PVP. Available only to top 1% finishers in two events. I know Quicksilver is the worst character they've introduced since Beast, but, looking at recent releases, the RNG has completely and utterly failed. There's really no defense for continuing this. The only reason to keep using the RNG is stubbornness. It's easy to fix, and transparently would improve the game. It's not something that would be hard to do, like making PVP entertaining or fun.
  • SnowcaTT
    And....here comes SG yellow, instead of green. Because my 5/4/0 REALLY needed more yellow, and no more green.

Seriously D3, it's time to throw out the RNG for rewards. Rotation is much overdue.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    And....here comes SG yellow, instead of green. Because my 5/4/0 REALLY needed more yellow, and no more green.

Seriously D3, it's time to throw out the RNG for rewards. Rotation is much overdue.

The love us. They really love us. (I don't know how to do the meme of that scene from The Mask.)
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    This can't possibly be random, can it? I pulled a SG Yellow from a Heroic token yesterday and it made me super sad, because it's the second Yellow I've sold. (5/4/1 and the Purple was a lucky DDQ pull)

I also worry that they won't run a Coversquirrel PVP with the Green at 800 because it's end of season, and they'll just skip her to open with Scarlet Witch PVP.
  • I'll just bump this to the main page...

BP Black as top 5 PVP prize ...

(This too shall pass.... Oh well!)
  • Ruibarian
    Ruibarian Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Quicksilver: black has now been top prize for both PVP and PVE, and wasn't a progression prize for either the PVE or the PVP. Available only to top 1% finishers in two events. I know Quicksilver is the worst character they've introduced since Beast, but, looking at recent releases, the RNG has completely and utterly failed. There's really no defense for continuing this. The only reason to keep using the RNG is stubbornness. It's easy to fix, and transparently would improve the game. It's not something that would be hard to do, like making PVP entertaining or fun.

I have 2 of them. Want 5, but I'll settle for a defensive 3-5-5
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    MJC46 wrote:
    I'll just bump this to the main page...

BP Black as top 5 PVP prize

This issue needs to be addressed, at the very least we need a follow up comment from D3.

This is insane. Players have been waiting since October for icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png rewards. He is finally given out in DDQ which helps those that have him, but not those that are waiting for their first cover.

His PvP is the S14 debut and what do they do? Make his blackflag.png the t5 reward.

To top it off they failed to make the 800 prog reward blackflag.png to give players a little bit of a chance.

Instead of RNG preventing bias, it is having the opposite and more devastating affect of locking players out of certain covers for months!

Why can't D3 just use hard data to determine cover order? I think the player base deserves a follow up answer
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah at the very least, they could be consistent about the it after they do the initial RNG. i.e. go back to always having the top 5 reward be the progression for the next event
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I strongly believe this is the number 1 unaddressed issue in MPQ right now. Everything else are bugs or experimental features that are constantly being fixed or improved. This, on the other hand, is a continuously infuriating and unfair problem which current status serves no purpose whatsoever that would explain being left unattended for so long. It creates an artificial "rarity" of covers (BP's black, IF's purple, SG's green, etc., etc.) that contributes absolutely nothing to the game. In trading card games or collections exceptional rarities are meant to encourage trading and/or a secondary market, but since we cannot trade in MPQ, those "rare" colour covers are only a source of frustration and disappointment.

I know that in theory, RNG it is the fairest thing, but in practice, the RNG has been super unfair, time after time repeating reward patterns instead of mixing them up. There's no illusion or pretence of randomness and it's been going for so long that it needs to be addressed.
  • Rng thing is a make believe. stop pushing this idea into us. check your roster and your alliance roster. see if you find the same. do you see that newer character often have 2 color almost fully cover and then there is this other color always have non/single cover. something wicked is going on people.
  • mjh wrote:
    MJC46 wrote:
    I'll just bump this to the main page...

BP Black as top 5 PVP prize

This issue needs to be addressed, at the very least we need a follow up comment from D3.

This is insane. Players have been waiting since October for icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png rewards. He is finally given out in DDQ which helps those that have him, but not those that are waiting for their first cover.

His PvP is the S14 debut and what do they do? Make his blackflag.png the t5 reward.

To top it off they failed to make the 800 prog reward blackflag.png to give players a little bit of a chance.

Instead of RNG preventing bias, it is having the opposite and more devastating affect of locking players out of certain covers for months!

Why can't D3 just use hard data to determine cover order? I think the player base deserves a follow up answer

"He is finally given out in DDQ which helps those that have him, but not those that are waiting for their first cover."

Too bad for me and many others, there were connection issues that day and we could not play MPQ or try for Black Panthers black cover icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    When are you guys going to understand that there is no RNG? Come on, look at Hood blue, Black Panther black, Thor yellow and so many others. They are always the top prize because people will spend more to get them.
  • SnowcaTT
    snlf25 wrote:
    When are you guys going to understand that there is no RNG? Come on, look at Hood blue, Black Panther black, Thor yellow and so many others. They are always the top prize because people will spend more to get them.

I usually use "RNG" in sarcastic quotes, since one of the Devs at one point said that is how these rewards are decided. I haven't believed it in quite some time. It is vaguely possible that PVP rewards are decided this way: it's getting tougher to believe each event.

But if they are, then they roll the PVP well ahead of time, and make sure to give the same rewards for PVE as well. The odds of the coin coming up heads every time is getting a bit outrageous, it's becoming more like the odds of the coin landing on edge.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I'm going to bump this up to bring to light how they in fact removed RNG from the ISO-8 Brotherhood PVE for icon_carnage.png

I bet they deliberately made greenflag.png the alliance reward as it's his weakest (it was pre-nerfed) and made redflag.png the most OP ability in a while, the hardest one to obtain. This cannot be coincidence and RNG luck.
  • But if RNG didn't determine covers, someone would have to take RESPONSIBILITY for that!!!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HORROR???? icon_cool.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    I'm going to bump this up to bring to light how they in fact removed RNG from the ISO-8 Brotherhood PVE for icon_carnage.png

I bet they deliberately made greenflag.png the alliance reward as it's his weakest (it was pre-nerfed) and made redflag.png the most OP ability in a while, the hardest one to obtain. This cannot be coincidence and RNG luck.

The RNG is a horrible idea for 2nd events and beyond, but perfectly reasonable for the first event. If you're going to say they specifically took it off on an event that doesn't line up the way you want, you're just asking for ulcers.
  • SnowcaTT
    Yellow Groot rewards followed by green SG rewards - maybe they are finally going away from RNG?