Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• Power surge was OP. But from 12 charges to 5 is excessive. 8 makes more sense

Yellow 4 was wildly useful in destroying CD timers. Now that option is gone (which has nothing to do w infinite turns like every other correction in this batch. Weird)

IF purple was clearly OP from the get go. It never should've been released that way. Anyone who buys a cover on a "in the first month" character should get a full refund not the normal "increased sale price" because it's just a bait & switch otherwise (which is actually an illegal sales technique that sometimes results in companies paying fines. Since it breaks the law & all)

MnmMag nerf was unfortunate. He was part of a very powerful 2* combo. But that combo got infinite turns. That's not realistic to keep in the game

Mystique double dip nerf is also **** because it's a 2X hit. Either nerf would've been sufficient. Both is over kill

Rags changes are ok at best. Green is waaaaaay too pricey & blue is a bit pricey considering the minimal number of green charges produced w green costing what it does

Meanwhile on for 4hor, she now is less powerful than Luke cage (19ap vs 13ap for similar damage, also collecting one type is easier). His red protect & black combo > 4hor yellow or blue.

HOPEFULLY the devs adjust these changes before they go live on 3/23
  • I doubt I'm going to say anything unique, but adding my voice to the choir.

I am not opposed to the changes in a vacuum, other than the double nerf on Mystique (roll back the AP cost change, pls) but speaking as a 2* player beginning the 3* transition it is going to make my life in PvE much, much harder. If you consider the current playing environment, though... they are going to have tons of knock-on effects for early and pre-transition players --

Stormneto and Magnestique combos are among the only semi-reliable ways to defeat uber-scaled nodes (160+) and without scaling changes this is just going to lead to a lot of struggle to complete clears. Even though these changes don't completely kill the combos, it makes them significantly less efficient, which is often the difference between winning and not.

Even this wouldn't be so bad if we had one or maybe two nodes like this per event, but often there are far more than that, especially given the recent frequent running of events with multiple simultaneous subs. This instantly makes any 2* roster non-competitive in the Simulator PvE; community scaling puts nodes in the hard sub well above a 160 average level. Even the inability (or significant difficulty) to fully clear a few heavy-scaled nodes will reduce 2* overall positioning in PvE events, supposedly the 2* bread and butter, and undo much of the forward motion provided by the Deadpool dailies.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who would buy covers for anyone after this, new character or not. I bought half my 4thor covers release week and I'm pissed. I can only imagine how someone who bought up IF to 166 feels. If it were me I'd be on their doorstep getting my money back right now.

It pretty much is deceptive trade practices in my opinion. It would be different if this game was free but since it sells things like covers...it really is deceptive to "advertise" and show what a product does then change it for the worse after its already purchased by a customer. This isn't a bug they were fixing, it was a flat out feature change which you do not have the option to decline and is inherently different from what you purchased.

Just to be clear none of these changes effect me, really, I was actually going to buy some thor blue covers but due to the iTunes outage yesterday I couldnt...I'm not buying them now nor will I buy any covers ever again because they are subject to change at whim.

Nothing short of a flat out refund of every cover for that character at full price (unless they have traceability to all the hp used for shields, health packs, purchased covers, ISO purchased, etc) would a remedy be considered fair for those that actually purchased covers IMO.
    These are ABSOLUTELY deceptive trade practices. Besides the better business bureau, what regulatory bodies govern the mobile video game industry? Perhaps the FCC? They should know about this. Not to mention that you guys deserve scrutiny from class action attorneys for this kind of behavior. You have received money for a product that is not only grossly misrepresented, but that you have also rendered useless after payment was received. I recognize this may not be your intention, but you are bait and switching the tinykitty out of your customers.
  • Hate to be the devil's advocate but charge tiles don't exist in a vacuum and only serve the purpose of powering smite. We will always want more charge tiles for smite but the potential AP from them is why they are getting nerfed so hard, If you ask me they should lower the number of charges, but increase smite damage per charge instead of base smite damage. Really get a difference in punch by protecting your charges.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Who would buy covers for anyone after this, new character or not. I bought half my 4thor covers release week and I'm pissed. I can only imagine how someone who bought up IF to 166 feels. If it were me I'd be on their doorstep getting my money back right now.

It pretty much is deceptive trade practices in my opinion. It would be different if this game was free but since it sells things like covers...it really is deceptive to "advertise" and show what a product does then change it for the worse after its already purchased by a customer. This isn't a bug they were fixing, it was a flat out feature change which you do not have the option to decline and is inherently different from what you purchased.

Just to be clear none of these changes effect me, really, I was actually going to buy some thor blue covers but due to the iTunes outage yesterday I couldnt...I'm not buying them now nor will I buy any covers ever again because they are subject to change at whim.

Nothing short of a flat out refund of every cover for that character at full price (unless they have traceability to all the hp used for shields, health packs, purchased covers, ISO purchased, etc) would a remedy be considered fair for those that actually purchased covers IMO.

My thoughts exactly. It's the old "Bait & Switch" a very unethical business practice that I will not be a victim of. Fool me once....well you know how it goes. As I said in my earlier more heated post, D3 dev should be ashamed of themselves today. But I can just see them back there goin

55566253.jpg

Who shall we do next?
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    These types of changes are always bad, they are direct nerfs and will always illicit a negative response. It shows absolute laziness on the part of the developers, it is a primitive and caveman like approach to the game. Urg, lady thor makes many tiles. Many tiles makes strong. Me remove tiles. Even if you are going to go this lazy route, then at least can you nudge your way into it? More than a 50% reduction is absurd.

When cMags was "nerfed" he was changed. The reason people liked that change is because he was fundamentally changed and offered a different alternative so that people could apply what they had in a different way.

When Sentry was NEUTERED he was not changed. He was snipped. At the balls. He is now sitting there collecting dust. People spent a ton of iso and HP on that guy and all for nothing.

Considering how much more of an investment Lady Thor is than any 3*, to approach this in such an abrasive manner is reckless.

The only reduction that makes any kind of sense here is IF, a power so over powered that even before his release people were calling for a nerf. Everything else is a pile of steaming dog poo.
  • evil panda wrote:

These are ABSOLUTELY deceptive trade practices. Besides the better business bureau, what regulatory bodies govern the mobile video game industry? Perhaps the FCC? They should know about this. Not to mention that you guys deserve scrutiny from class action attorneys for this kind of behavior. You have received money for a product that is not only grossly misrepresented, but that you have also rendered useless after payment was received. I recognize this may not be your intention, but you are bait and switching the tinykitty out of your customers.
    Pretty sure they cover themselves with the fineprint when you accept to play the game and buy covers.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's the problem as i see it, None of these changes address the real issues with MPQ, competitive PVE and PVP point loss
  • Dartmaster01
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    After the release of the Deadpool Daily quest, I was tempted to show some appreciation for MPQ and buy some Hero Points. Now, after reading this, i'm glad I didn't. Nerfs and character revisions only encourage disdain and resentment. Nerfing characters they recently released (Mystique & Iron Fist) just shows they don't have a clue what they're doing.

I sure am glad I didn't give MPQ any money. They don't deserve it.

I was about to buy a stark salary tom.. Thank goodness they did this today!
  • Bring your popcorn!

RANK IN TOP GROSSING & TOP FREE APPS

Marvel Puzzle Quest
    IPHONE - UNITED STATES
    APP STORE LISTING // PUBLISHER: D3PA

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/ ... zle-quest/
  • ark123 wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

Pretty sure they cover themselves with the fineprint when you accept to play the game and buy covers.

Contract fine print cannot overwrite statutory rights... least not in my country.... just saying icon_e_smile.gif
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    evil panda wrote:

I went out and restocked on HP to ensure I had enough to win the Iron Fist Purple cover, and cover max him. The only thing that delayed me cover maxing him is dedicating my ISO to Luke Cage first.

Also, the double nerf to Mystique hurts her as a non-combo significantly, enough that I would not have bought her a final cover and taken her to 166.

In passing, of the Goddess/X-Force Combo, Goddess wasn't the scary one.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

You're probably right that the fine print exists, but it doesn't cover you if you're conducting unlawful practices.

Edit: what bonfire is saying
  • ark123 wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

Oh my friend, those things don't always reign supreme in a court of law. Many arguments could be made...the one who does it most convincingly with some precedent or correlation to usually wins. Those tiny little fine prints have been shown to be invalid...that's why "No warranties As Is" is in big bold font now in purchasing used vehicles...so it's abundatnly clear that there is no warranty. Anyways, good job D3! Have fun storming the castle!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Question. Rags red, said damage stays the same. His previous max was 140, what is his max damage at 166?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    These sort of overreach nerfs are exactly why I don't pay to play. There is zero guarantee that the characters you like will remain feasible, thus nullifying your investment.

There was a guy that spent upwards of $150 for 2 42 packs recently and got ZERO Iron Fist covers. *Tinykitty that. Now not only is his money wasted, but the character he spent money on is detuned. How do you reconcile his loss of trust?

Seriously, boys. If you just told the players that upcoming characters caused Modern Magneto's ability to be broken, or something like that, we would take the changes much easier.

But the fact that an 18 month old character got wheelchaired info obsolescence? Poor *tinykitty show. Yes. Poor show. You make a mockery of your play testing and development. You water down your own brand and sully your name.

Explain your actions. Say your hand was forced. Something. You bastards. It is getting well old, this extreme neutering of our otherwise favorite characters.

And it needs to stop. ESPECIALLY this is applicable regarding 4hor. She is at the top of the game. And you knocked her blue down too much, as well as removed usability from a still unused skill.

Sentry. MnMags. Spider-Man. 2* Thor. 2*Wolverine. Mystique, and now 4hor. You overdo your nerfs such that the characters lose their "fun".

Fire your play testers, sirs. They suck.

*Admin edited: added *tinykitties. <-- well and good. Fine. But it must stop.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    12 to 5 is too much on GT's blue... 8 would have been much more reasonable - it would also be more in line with 4* power - After all it would give only 9.8k damage for 19 AP! (9 blue and 10 red) - now let's compare that to XF who does about 4.5k + 5k for 20 AP (9 green + 11 black)...
    But now we have only 7650 for 19 AP, which means that GT was overnerfed.

I checked on my fingers and there are many numbers between 12 and 5-

shabam Sentrin00bed her
  • Bait and switch!!!! I feel like I just got robbed by a cheap hooker from Craig's list..... Shame on you, and shame on everyone for pumping money into this game!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I need to spend HP on characters more often if that's what it takes to get them nerfed.

Iron Fist got away relatively unscathed. Black is untouched and is still a total health pack killer for your opponent unless they're AP+3 all boosting, in that case you were never going to have any chance of deterring them in the first place.

Thor's nerf is deserved but probably overkill. They really put them in a corner when they gave her 16K HP. A character with that many HP just can't be very good. They probably should've gone with the Ragnarok route, give her abilities that have a huge cost (like 14 AP for Ragnarok's green) that is slightly overpowered for her HP class, but that's okay because 5 match moves take forever to pull off. Since 3/4 match moves are a staple in this game, there's just no way a character with that much HP can have comparable 3/4 match moves to character with 60% of her HP.

On Magneto & Mystique, it looks like they do understand that infinite combo ruin the game. Magneto's fix was more permanent (greatly reduces the number of tiles created to make infinite combos probably no longer possible regardless of future abilities, unless a future ability can infinite by itself). Mystique's ability is still vulnerable to a potentially good (not infinite) future color conversion, but at 10 AP, it's safe enough because there are many 4 match moves that are game deciding already, so even if it laters creeps up to that level of power, it's not unprecedented.

I don't expect a HP refund for any of these characters but I think it'd be a good gesture to offer a HP refund for Iron Fist, because it'll make them look good without actually doing anything, as he is still easily the top 3* and a defense all star, and generating 2 less tile at max level was way weaker than I thought. I figured it was going to be generate 5 tiles + current damage and it'd still be pretty insane to use just as a nuke.

On a side note, all these changes make Professor X pretty interesting, as his blue is overpowered but now there isn't a guaranteed way to trigger it. There are still many way that has a high probability of triggering it and given all strong board shaking abilities tend to be inherently overpowered, I think he can definitely compete for 'the next best there is'.
  • Dartmaster01
    Options
    The only good thing about these changes is, it just freed up my weekend and possibly the rest of my life icon_e_biggrin.gif