Troubleshooting Connection Issues

Demiurge_Anthony
Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
Hey all,

We are looking into the issue many of you are experiencing regarding not being able to connect to the game. Below are a few questions that will help us troubleshoot the issue. If you could either post to this thread or PM me that would be most appreciated.

- Versus Name:
- What error are you seeing and on what screen are you experiencing the issue? (Screenshots go a long way!)
- Platforms (iOS, Android, Steam)
- How are you connecting to the game (Wifi, Cell network)
- If you are connecting via Wifi, What is your Internet Service Provider?
- If you are connecting via cell network, what is your Cell carrier?

Thank you very much for you patience on this. I will update this thread when a fix or a workaround is established.

Anthony Novak
Associate Producer on Marvel Puzzle Quest
Demiurge Studios

Comments

• Mpqdr72
    Mpqdr72 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Event doesn't matter (Both PVP & PVE), it happens just Before the battle is about to start = Endless loading animation.
    ios. Both Wifi & Cell.
  • Mpqdr72 wrote:
    Event doesn't matter (Both PVP & PVE), it happens just Before the battle is about to start = Endless loading animation.
    ios. Both Wifi & Cell.

Same as this, endless loading screen after selecting 'Fight' on the Team Selection Screen

Steam
    Wifi
    CableOne
  • It's been over 14 hours now since i could fight as well. just constantly loading the fight page. No problem with WiFi or mobile data. Dropped from 23rd to 110th in luke cage event now. So annoyed!
  • Mpqdr72 wrote:
    ios. Both Wifi & Cell.

Same here, as soon as the fight button is pressed, endless logo animations. iOS on iPhone and iPad, Ttc33.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    It locks out of all events. Just infinite hangup when you hit "fight" button from team selection screen.

Rosraf
    Using iPhone, ios 8.1.1 and 8.2. (tried updating to address problem, didn't work).
    Problem happens on wifi (Google Fiber) and cell (sprint).

This is a weird connection issue because I can get into the game, view previews, send teamups, and use chat. It just then freezes up whenever I try to go past the team selection page (before getting to team-up/boost selection page).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    BlackSheep101
    PVP and PVE
    No error message appears, just the spinning logo over the character select screen.
    Android 4.4
    Happens on both wifi and 4g
    WiFi ISP is Verizon
    4G provider is AT&T
  • already been harmed yesterday unable to connect me and I ended up losing Luke pala pvp, not now consiguirei Xavier for the lost time for failing to fight, I will not be among the top 50, which you guys will do for me, I have more than 200 days dedication to the game, will have my recognized value? Cacá ragnaroke - cacadsouza@gmail.com
  • Powerhouse92585
    Powerhouse92585 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Same issue as described above. Endless loading when I go to fight. Happens in Prologue, every event both PVE and PVP, same with DDQ. Can still chat, look at roster, send Team Ups, can connect to everything else. Just can't actually play.

iPhone 4s, version 7.1.2
    Both wifi (Blue Ridge Communications) and using data (ATT carrier)
    Powerhouse925

*edited to add more info
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    One clarification please:

Is this happening when:
    Pressing the fight button from the character selection screen to the boost/team up screen
    Or
    Pressing the fight button from the boost/team up screen into the game?
  • Friend of mine can't post on the forum cause hes at work and asked me to do it for him.

He has same problem as everyone has stated above. Once he presses the "Fight" button, endless loading occurs.
    His in game name is supra88
    Plays on mobile, Android to be more precise
  • platform steam
    stuck on loadscreen after pushing fight on pve and pvp does not matter which screen started after new even was preped
  • One clarification please:

Is this happening when:
    Pressing the fight button from the character selection screen to the boost/team up screen
    Or

On the character selection screen. I never make it to the team up selection screen. Just endless loading images.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    - Versus Name: king2knight
    - What error are you seeing and on what screen are you experiencing the issue: Cycling of loading icons when hitting the fight button for any event - PvE, PvP, Mission, Event
    - Platform: iOS (iPhone 5s current software)
    - Connecting to the game: Wifi and cellular
    - Internet Service Provider: Cox
    - Cell carrier: Verizon

Screenshot of loading screen for DP Daily 1 star
    http://imgur.com/BZJEDPq
    *changed to link as pic was huge
  • Mpqdr72
    Mpqdr72 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Pressing the fight button from the character selection screen to the boost/team up screen.
  • player name toripagac
    problem same as others platform steam on window 7
  • Yep, same as above, it''s the load into Team Up/Boost Screen
  • anka725
    anka725 Posts: 2

Is this happening when:
    Or

First one.. I'm unable to play from after Cage PvP ended.. One pressing of fight and game loops never showing boost/team up screen

Android and R72
    anka725

PS. But what wired when I start new game (new clear account) it works OK..I can go through tutorial and few first fights..
  • Same issue as others on iPad and iPhone.
    3rd Gen iPad running 8.1
    iPhone 5c running 8.2
    Loading icon just goes on and on.
    1631hx.png
  • - Versus Name: big_daddy_lee
    - Press the fight button and it just spins the logos on all events. Also my purchases screen is messed up and clicking on a amount you get a failed screen
    - iOS
    - Wifi, Cell network
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Mortisbot wrote:

Is this happening when:
    Or

On the character selection screen. I never make it to the team up selection screen. Just endless loading images.

Not sure if this will help you track it down or not, but as everybody has said, it is happening between player selection and boost/TU selection.

Additionally, it does not get to the point where the heroes are actually "selected". Example from yesterday: I had played the PVE with Storm as the essential character and two other heroes. When I first experienced this issue, I was attempting to play the PVP with Luke Cage as the featured, and switched out the other two heroes. After force closing the game and going to any other event, the two heroes from the PVE are still selected.

IGN: ProfessorGumby
    Error: Same screen shot that king2knight posted... not progressing from player selection screen to boost/TU selection screen... have to force close the app
    Platform: Android
    Connection: Happens both on WiFi and on cellular
    WiFi ISP: CenturyLink
    Cell Carrier: Verizon